PDA

View Full Version : New changes coming to Holmgren Way

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Thought some of you would be interested in hearing about this. It's not even public knowledge yet but well, it is now because I know about it, lol.

For those familiar with the Pioneer Bank (corner) Anduzzi's Sports Bar and the Days Inn area...enjoy the places while they last because after the season, they will be completely bulldozed to make room for a new hotel and conference center. Pioneer Bank has already been bulldozed and is now an empty lot.

The Village of Ashwaubenon has been wanting to build a big place like this and finally got their wish. Anduzzi's has the rights to be the sole sports bar inside the new hotel. No word yet on what hotel is going to be a part of this.

My source comes from a friend in the radio business who, last month went into renew their contract with Anduzzi's and instead of doing their usual 2 year contract, Joe (owner) said they can only do one because they will only be in that building for 1 more year......and then proceeded to say why.

Also, yesterday some of us checked out a new sports bar in town...Champions Sports Bar. It's a block south of Lombardi, behind Fabco (1 block past the Hilton/Favre's Steakhouse). yes, kind of off the beaten path. I highly suggest you visit there just to see their memorabillia collection. I have never seen any place here in GB with even half of the stuff that this place has. You can definitely spend an hour just looking at all of the cool stuff in there.

Bretsky
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I work with somebody related to the owner at Champions who attended the grand opening. Sounds like it's a must see

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes, they have so many things in there that I have never seen before. Definitely worth a trip to see it all.

They also put up a plastic brick wall where players and alumni come in and sign.

I think the location might hurt it though. At least until that new hotel, Cambria Suites opens up. Who knows when that will be done, they have been working on it for like 2 years now.

Scott Campbell
07-29-2007, 11:27 AM
It's interesting to see how that area will evolve because of the Packers. Many large cities have two downtowns, but it's hard to think of Green Bay in those terms.

bigcoz75
07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Also, yesterday some of us checked out a new sports bar in town...Champions Sports Bar. It's a block south of Lombardi, behind Fabco (1 block past the Hilton/Favre's Steakhouse). yes, kind of off the beaten path. I highly suggest you visit there just to see their memorabillia collection. I have never seen any place here in GB with even half of the stuff that this place has. You can definitely spend an hour just looking at all of the cool stuff in there.
Hell they even have a Tim Couch jersey. :)

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Hell they even have a Tim Couch jersey. :)

haha, I know I saw that on the front wall. At least hide it in the back somewhere!!

GBRulz
07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
It's interesting to see how that area will evolve because of the Packers. Many large cities have two downtowns, but it's hard to think of Green Bay in those terms.

Well, hopefully one of these years we'll have A downtown !

MJZiggy
07-29-2007, 12:57 PM
You do. It's called Lambeau Field.

Iron Mike
07-30-2007, 07:21 PM

I'm from "back in the day" when a trip downtown included checking out the Christmas display windows at Prange's:

http://www.co.brown.wi.us/Museum/Collections/Collections/Photo_Reproduction_services/Snapshots_in_Time/18_1988_14082.gif

GBRulz
07-30-2007, 09:03 PM
they just finished demolishing that building a few days ago ! That is if I'm thinking of the right building, lol. The Younkers building on the river.

packinpatland
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM

I'm from "back in the day" when a trip downtown included checking out the Christmas display windows at Prange's:
http://www.co.brown.wi.us/Museum/Collections/Collections/Photo_Reproduction_services/Snapshots_in_Time/18_1988_14082.gif

Oh My God!!!
I remember we'd drive all the way from the UP just to see those windows.
That was a memory that was long forgotten......thanks for bringing it back. :)