PDA

View Full Version : Former Packer Joey Thomas making noise in cowboys camp...

packers11
07-30-2007, 05:30 PM
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=0E08A604-B191-BD90-D8065C324F6304C2

"Who's Hot:
Cornerback Joey Thomas has had a few people asking, "Who was that?" during the first week of camp, continually running stride for stride on deep balls with Owens and Terry Glenn. Thomas has come away with several pass breakups and hasn't let anybody get behind him. Thomas was a third-round pick for Green Bay in 2005 but never quite lived up to his potential there. The 26-year old might be turning things around in San Antonio, though, working now with the second-team defense. "

MTPackerfan
07-30-2007, 05:47 PM
He is from my old school, Montana State, so I was disappointed he didn't work out for the Packers. Would like to see him do well in the NFL, too bad it's with the Cowgirls.

CaliforniaCheez
07-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Cornerback Joey Thomas has few people asking, "Who was that?" during the first week of camp.

Late in the game at the Metrodome, time running out and no timeouts, Bates and the defensive coaching staff yell to the DB's "keep them to the inside." Joey Thomas gives an affirming nod.

Completion, receiver go out of bounds, viking field goal team comes on the field.

Pink slip, turn in playbook, clean out locker, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Forgotten(almost).

Rastak
07-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Cornerback Joey Thomas has few people asking, "Who was that?" during the first week of camp.

Late in the game at the Metrodome, time running out and no timeouts, Bates and the defensive coaching staff yell to the DB's "keep them to the inside." Joey Thomas gives an affirming nod.

Completion, receiver go out of bounds, viking field goal team comes on the field.

Pink slip, turn in playbook, clean out locker, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Forgotten(almost).

I was at that game. What a comeback.

KYPack
07-30-2007, 09:03 PM
The Thomas I saw could run the field pretty well, but...

Wait til the experienced guys run a few curls, shakes, & hook& go's on him.

He had some of the worst cover skills and instincts I've ever seen.

If he's improved by 90%, maybe he can hang, but I doubt it.

oregonpackfan
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Perhaps Thomas never got the chance to develop at the collegiate level. Montana State is a Division I-AA school.

My brother, who lives in Bozeman and is a big Montana State fan, remembers other teams throwing passes on the other side of the field away from Thomas.

My impression of him was that the competition at the pro level completely overwhelmed him.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't believe that's always the case. If the guy is good enough, he'll make it. (See Rashean Mathis and Nick Collins and many others.) Plus, he started out at Washington before transferring to Montana State, so he would have been playing and practicing against Division I athletes there. Sure, it can be harder for a small school kid, but usually it's the fact the kid just isn't good enough.

Scott Campbell
07-30-2007, 11:41 PM
He is from my old school, Montana State, so I was disappointed he didn't work out for the Packers. Would like to see him do well in the NFL, too bad it's with the Cowgirls.

Still live in Bozeman? If so, say hello to Peter Fonda from Scott.