PDA

View Full Version : PERL

SkinBasket
07-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Anyone familiar with setting up Apache web server and PERL on a local machine to test scripts?

It's been years since I did it, so I'm bound to have trouble.

SkinBasket
07-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Hell, does anyone here even know PERL, or am I just going to be talking to myself?

Freak Out
07-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Hell, does anyone here even know PERL, or am I just going to be talking to myself?

Talking to yourself Basket..

I found this interesting though....

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2000/10/begperl1.html

"The swiss army chainsaw of scripting languages"

MadtownPacker
07-31-2007, 08:55 PM
This is your payback for being yourself.

Your own lil hell where no one pays attention to you.

SkinBasket
07-31-2007, 09:17 PM
This is your payback for being yourself.

Your own lil hell where no one pays attention to you.

After a few years it just feels like home.

Merlin
08-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Go to cpan.org for setting up Perl in any flavor of Unix. If you are trying to run it from a Windows box make sure you install MS VM. Then you can set up whatever you want.

Merlin
08-01-2007, 11:51 PM
You can also run Active Perl from a Windows box but it is a little different then Perl. Most times you can't use the same code from Active Perl in Windows on a Unix box.

SkinBasket
09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Ha ha fuckers! I gots it working and it only took 6 weeks. Go suck yourself!

Zool
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM

Dont you think if we could......

Deputy Nutz
09-14-2007, 01:09 PM
NERDS NERDS NERDS!!!!!!!
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/misc/pictures/nerds.jpg

Merlin
09-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey now, I resemble that remark!

Merlin
09-14-2007, 05:42 PM

6 weeks to install Perl? What did you do, write a whole new Kernel? And no, I won't go suck myself for giving you the obvious places to look for installing the thing. I never had to install it, I use Linux and FreeBSD and those installs come with it.

Rastak
09-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I've written some ass kicking regular expressions in the past. Been about 5 years since I was writing perl scripts on a regular basis.

chomp chomp chomp

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2007, 09:24 PM
regular experessions are not for regular guys.

Rastak
09-14-2007, 09:25 PM
regular experessions are not for regular guys.

Far too complicated for a windows sort of guy......

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Rastak, one of these days you are going to discover girls. Then computer gymnastics won't seem so important.

Rastak
09-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Rastak, one of these days you are going to discover girls. Then computer gymnastics won't seem so important.

Man, I been married to the same one for 27 years.....hey, maybe you are right......

SkinBasket
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM

6 weeks to install Perl? What did you do, write a whole new Kernel? And no, I won't go suck myself for giving you the obvious places to look for installing the thing. I never had to install it, I use Linux and FreeBSD and those installs come with it.

Jesus Effen Christ. PERL isn't the problem you dope. I asked, "Anyone familiar with setting up Apache web server and PERL on a local machine to test scripts?"

Apache was the problem. But thank for directing me to the most obvious Google result for PERL. It was tremendously helpful.

Rastak
09-14-2007, 10:28 PM

Jesus Effen Christ. PERL isn't the problem you dope. I asked, "Anyone familiar with setting up Apache web server and PERL on a local machine to test scripts?"

Apache was the problem. But thank for directing me to the most obvious Google result for PERL. It was tremendously helpful.

What was hard about apache? Download source, compile, setup cgi, run perl scripts.

In winblows, download pre-compiled binaries, do the same thing.

SkinBasket
09-15-2007, 10:26 AM

What was hard about apache? Download source, compile, setup cgi, run perl scripts.

In winblows, download pre-compiled binaries, do the same thing.

If it was only that easy, I wouldn't have had a problem would I? Configuring is the step you left out and also the most poorly documented - especially for winblows. Ah well, on to the magical world of PERL. If I'm out of touch for a couple weeks, you'll know it's because I'm ass deep in curly brackets and semi colons.