PDA

View Full Version : Where will Hawk end up?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed before but I'm wondering where you guys and gals think Hawk will end up playing.

I think Hawk should play MLB, so he won't have to cover too much. Would also allow him to play a leadership role like Urlacher, not that Barnett isn't a good leader.

imscott72
05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed before but I'm wondering where you guys and gals think Hawk will end up playing.

I think Hawk should play MLB, so he won't have to cover too much. Would also allow him to play a leadership role like Urlacher, not that Barnett isn't a good leader.

I agree with ya Tank. We need to push Barnett outside..Barnett, Hawk, and Hodge sounds solid to me...

KYPack
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM

I agree with ya Tank. We need to push Barnett outside..Barnett, Hawk, and Hodge sounds solid to me...

Early info indicated that Hodge will be the back-up Mike to Barnett.

I thought Hawk is projected as the SAM, but haven't read that in awhile.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Hawk will not play middle. Barnett is ideally suited there. If they move him outside, it will be because Hodge shows he's one of the best three LBs and he plays middle. You can pencil Hawk in at the Will spot.

Sparkey
05-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Hawk will not play middle. Barnett is ideally suited there. If they move him outside, it will be because Hodge shows he's one of the best three LBs and he plays middle. You can pencil Hawk in at the Will spot.

If Hodge is as good as many think he will be, then the best three backer would be HAWK at Wil, HODGE at Mik and BARNET at Sam.

I believe Hodge is suited best to the middle as his lack of height will cause problems covering the bigger tight ends. Lets not foget that they also signed Ben Taylor as well. It will be interesting how the positions shake out.

ND72
05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
i think long term, Hawk, Hodge and Barnett will be our 3, but this season i think Hawk will be weak, Barnett middle, and Taylor strong side....but Taylor is only a 1 year contract, and you'll see Hodge in the lineup next year, but will contribute this year.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I agree with ND72.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Who predicted Hawk will join the Navy?

MJZiggy
05-01-2006, 04:44 PM
M3 said where he will go and now I can't remember. Come to think of it, I think TT said so too.

Fritz
05-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I did. But I think he'll have to get a haircut first.

Tank, I see your logic but it scares me to think of an OSU Buckeye in the middle. I keep thinking of Tom Cosineau and Andy Katzenmoyer. Keep him on the weak side.

Hodge is gonna be an excellent pro, I think. Reminds me of Singletary.

mraynrand
01-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Hodge is gonna be an excellent pro, I think. Reminds me of Singletary.

Good one

Freak Out
01-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Gotta love the 4-3 days of old.

smuggler
01-08-2014, 12:59 AM
To be fair, Hodge's knees fell apart. His play was pretty good (when he was on the field).