PDA

View Full Version : Marquand Manuel Will....

Joemailman
07-31-2007, 05:57 PM
This poll is sort of an extension of Packnut's thread about Manuel. Does Manuel have a future with the Pack?

b bulldog
07-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Mr Rouse will give all a strong run at the S position.

Packnut
07-31-2007, 06:29 PM
My vote is obvious. Do a "Carroll" on him and send him packing. We've got plenty of room for the cap hit. Then again what the hell do I know? I mean, I was calling for his head the first time he bit on PA and Berrian made him look silly.......... 8-)

LL2
07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
My vote is to cut him by the time the season starts. Hopefully Rouse will replace him.

4and12to12and4
07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
God I love you guys' avatars!!

Anyways, wow, the voting shows a ton of negativity towards Mr. Manuel. I think he was dominant against the run last year, but made a lot of mistakes on passing plays being out of position. The question is this, was he out of position because he steps up against the run too much, or is he simply not fast enough to make up recovery time against fast receivers. If it's the latter, Rouse will have his job by game 5.

Joemailman
07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Unless he really turns things around, the signs for Manuel ore ominous. The coaches last week were talking about how Manuel looks quicker this year, but the results have not been there. The thing is there are 3 guys, Bigby, Underwood and Rouse who I think have a legitimate shot at the job. I suspect one of them will have a good enough camp to unseat Manuel.

MadtownPacker
07-31-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Culver has a better chance then Underwood.

BallHawk
07-31-2007, 09:30 PM

I agree, but only because Underwood is still recovering from his ACL injury.

BallHawk
07-31-2007, 09:31 PM
If Manuel keeps up his performance (or lack thereof) at this rate, he should get cut. However, I think that TT will give him another year just because Marquand is "his guy."

MadtownPacker
07-31-2007, 09:39 PM

I agree, but only because Underwood is still recovering from his ACL injury.For now, for now. But Culver has already shown something in live action.

As for Manuel being TT's guy, welll must of the youngs guys where draft by the Turtle so I dont think that is an advantage anymore.

Partial
07-31-2007, 09:44 PM

I agree, but only because Underwood is still recovering from his ACL injury.For now, for now. But Culver has already shown something in live action.

As for Manuel being TT's guy, welll must of the youngs guys where draft by the Turtle so I dont think that is an advantage anymore.

I haven't really heard anything about either of these guys this year. Kind of concerning in my opinion.