PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up!

Kiwon
07-31-2007, 08:02 PM
:x Doper becomes a grandmother at age 28.

As Bob Barker says, "Help control the pet population; have your pet spayed or neutered!"

L.A. grandmother sold heroin with grandkids

Tue Jul 31, 5:05 PM ET

A 39-year-old grandmother accused of selling heroin on the streets of a Los Angeles suburb with her 11-year-old granddaughter as a lookout has been arrested on drug and child endangerment charges, police said on Tuesday.

Undercover officers watched for two weeks as Martha Gutierrez Novas sold heroin at a bus stop in Long Beach, south of Los Angeles, clutching a brown and white Chihuahua and often with her granddaughter at her side, a police spokesman said.

"The granddaughter acted as a lookout, standing at the corner of the building looking, I assume, for police officers," said Sgt. Paul LeBaron, a Long Beach spokesman. "It's horrible. Absolutely horrible. I've never seen anything this blatant. She just didn't even care."

Novas was found with a bag of heroin and cocaine when she was taken into custody on Monday, LeBaron said, and a search of her home turned up two ounces of heroin and a large amount of cash.

He said Novas, who faces charges of drug sales and possession as well as child endangerment and was being held on $100,000 bail, refused to tell police who was supplying her with the drugs.

LeBaron said that Novas' immigration status was under investigation and that Child and Family Services officials were also probing the matter.

He said Novas also sometimes sold drugs with her 4-year-old granddaughter present. Neither child was charged.

"This lady was pretty much going to the same spot all day long during the daylight hours selling to a large clientele," LeBaron said. "Any time during the day you could go out there and find her."

It was not clear how much jail time Novas could face, if convicted.

oregonpackfan
07-31-2007, 08:04 PM
"LeBaron said that Novas' immigration status was under investigation and that Child and Family Services officials were also probing the matter. "

If the grandmother is indeed an illegal, she needs to be deported immediately!

Kiwon
07-31-2007, 08:23 PM
You're cruel. She's just doing a job Americans won't do. It's hard work standing at a bus stop all day dealing with the public.

Besides deporting her would separate her from her grandkids that were probably born in the USA. You can't be so heartless to separate families, could you?

She deserves amnesty and free health care the rest of her life. This is America, darn it, where laws are passed and not enforced because it makes us feel bad about ourselves.

Screw California's budget deficit. Illegals are "undocumented Americans" according to Sen. Harry Reid. Besides that, if we make them legal then they are a sure vote for the Democratic Party. :tup:

falco
07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
You're cruel. She's just doing a job Americans won't do. It's hard work standing at a bus stop all day dealing with the public.

Besides deporting her would separate her from her grandkids that were probably born in the USA. You can't be so heartless to separate families, could you?

She deserves amnesty and free health care the rest of her life. This is America, darn it, where laws are passed and not enforced because it makes us feel bad about ourselves.

Screw California's budget deficit. Illegals are "undocumented Americans" according to Sen. Harry Reid. Besides that, if we make them legal then they are a sure vote for the Democratic Party. :tup:

I'm sure once we deport all the illegals problems like this will be over.

Kiwon
07-31-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm sure once we deport all the illegals problems like this will be over.

Another very sensible and reasonable response. Citizenship and borders should mean nothing because heroin will continue to be sold on the streets of America.

Okay.....:roll:

GBRulz
08-01-2007, 08:18 AM
A 39-year-old grandmother accused of selling heroin on the streets of a Los Angeles suburb with her 11-year-old granddaughter

WTF, this woman became a grandmother at 28 years old?

MadtownPacker
08-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm sure once we deport all the illegals problems like this will be over.I can understand how an American Pie like you and many others would feel this way. I myself agree with many of your thoughts on the matter but I think a line has to be drawn when it comes to dumping everyone back to their country.

My father was born and grew up in Mexico. When he was like 21 he came to America for the first time ever. He came with almost nothing but the desire to work. He came to the USA to seek a better life. I guess he accomplished that for the most part. Lots of young guys did the same thing as him and they did it the right way.

I would guess that yours and most caucasian's ancestors came across the ocean for this same reason. I can't hate on anyone wanting a better life because when you think about it that is what the American Dream is all about.

But, many of the modern day Mexicans arent here for that. They hear of a place where they can get free healthcare and welfare and plenty of handouts. So they come over here with the idea they deserve something instead of with the desire to work.

This lady is an example of that.

MJZiggy
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Very nice post, Mad well stated, but I don't know if I'd refer to this woman as a lady...I KNOW you've got better words for her than that.

Kiwon
08-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Ditto, Mad. There's no comparison between your dad and this doper.

The cops watched this "lady" at work for two weeks. Her full time job is peddling heroin. Yeah, deport her rear end AFTER she enjoys the hospitality of the California penal system.

Life's hard for a lot of people but most don't turn to drug dealing. She is a menace to society and deserves to be locked up.

Freak Out
08-01-2007, 11:15 AM
So what is the solution with this problem Kiwon? Sterilization? Deportation? Prison? Death? When Americans stop wanting drugs people like her will be out of business. Bitch should go down for not having her kids in school. :x

falco
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm sure once we deport all the illegals problems like this will be over.I can understand how an American Pie like you and many others would feel this way. I myself agree with many of your thoughts on the matter but I think a line has to be drawn when it comes to dumping everyone back to their country.

My father was born and grew up in Mexico. When he was like 21 he came to America for the first time ever. He came with almost nothing but the desire to work. He came to the USA to seek a better life. I guess he accomplished that for the most part. Lots of young guys did the same thing as him and they did it the right way.

I would guess that yours and most caucasian's ancestors came across the ocean for this same reason. I can't hate on anyone wanting a better life because when you think about it that is what the American Dream is all about.

But, many of the modern day Mexicans arent here for that. They hear of a place where they can get free healthcare and welfare and plenty of handouts. So they come over here with the idea they deserve something instead of with the desire to work.

This lady is an example of that.

My point wasn't anti or pro immigration. My point was merely that there are plenty of Americans doing this kind of sick stuff every day, and there was no need to derail this into another debate on immigration.

Kiwon
08-01-2007, 07:35 PM
So what is the solution with this problem Kiwon? Sterilization? Deportation? Prison? Death? When Americans stop wanting drugs people like her will be out of business. Bitch should go down for not having her kids in school. :x

By "this problem" I assume you are talking about this woman. You've hit most of the high points already.

1. Sterilization - Good idea in her case. It's not her "kids," it's her grandkids that she's recruited to work in drug dealing.
2. Prison - Yes, absolutely.
3. Deportation - Without question if she's an illegal.

Death? I wonder how many people died in the heroin production chain from the poppy fields in Afghanistan to the final distribution in L.A. all because some loser can't cope with life. You're right. The heroin user shares a moral responsibility for every violent act and every bad thing that happens in the heroin trade because he helps to create a profitable market for it.

Bright boy, Leonardo DiCaprio, urges everyone not to buy conflict diamonds that help to perpetuate suffering and war in West Africa. He rightly states that it's a moral issue linking the consumer to the supplier.

I wish Lenny would turn his moral high horse next toward the issue of drug use in Hollywood. Doesn't it follow that these "beautiful people" are subsidizing addiction, suffering, violence, and death across the globe?

Oh yeah, and buy a Prius.

Freak Out
08-01-2007, 07:42 PM

By "this problem" I assume you are talking about this woman. You've hit most of the high points already.

1. Sterilization - Good idea in her case. It's not her "kids," it's her grandkids that she's recruited to work in drug dealing.
2. Prison - Yes, absolutely.
3. Deportation - Without question if she's an illegal.

Death? I wonder how many people died in the heroin production chain from the poppy fields in Afghanistan to the final distribution in L.A. all because some loser can't cope with life. You're right. The heroin user shares a moral responsibility for every violent act and every bad thing that happens in the heroin trade because he helps to create a profitable market for it.

Bright boy, Leonardo DiCaprio, urges everyone not to buy conflict diamonds that help to perpetuate suffering and war in West Africa. He rightly states that it's a moral issue linking the consumer to the supplier.

I wish Lenny would turn his moral high horse next toward the issue of drug use in Hollywood. Doesn't it follow that these "beautiful people" are subsidizing addiction, suffering, violence, and death across the globe?

Oh yeah, and buy a Prius.

Grandkids...I wonder where Mom and Dad were? They didn't need lookouts?