PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Kampman

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 06:29 AM
I don't have much new to add from the City Stadium practice last night so I'll just add a little Kampman snippit.

He was bull rushing a backup OT. When the backup OT got off balance, Kampman just threw him on the ground and got the flag in a one on one pass rushing drill. The coaches all laughed and patted the OT on the back. Kampman looked physically dominating.

That was just something funny. The OT probably sucked. Kampman had two more goes, this time at Tauscher. He whipped Tauscher handily two times in a row. He looked every bit the 15 sack, 80 tackle top tier DE that he was last year. If there are still doubters clung to his back, he should dislodge all but the most stubborn of them this year.

Guiness
08-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I've liked Kampman since he was drafted, and remember watching him get snaps, thinking he was getting better and better, and that he had turned into a solid starter who would man that side for years.

But did ANYONE think he'd achieve this level :!:

packinpatland
08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
JH, thank you. Good news................we could all use more of that!

Partial
08-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Hopefully he hit the weights hard and has become even stronger. You can never, ever be too strong when bull rushing.

Pack_Attack88
08-01-2007, 12:17 PM
ill fess up and say that i was not sold on Kampman.. i said to let him go in restricted FAency to the Vikes a few years ago and then i even said it again to let him go in FAency the next season...

boy, am I glad i was very very wrong!!

Green Bud Packer
08-01-2007, 12:31 PM
To noones surprise the "D" has been whooping up on the"O" in camp.They're young and fast with enough experienced vets scattered thru the line up to keep things running smoothly. When was the last time Green Bay had a dominating "D"? This could be the next time.

LL2
08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I've liked Kampman since he was drafted, and remember watching him get snaps, thinking he was getting better and better, and that he had turned into a solid starter who would man that side for years.

But did ANYONE think he'd achieve this level :!:

I didn't, but glad he is on our team. After the Freeney deal and others yet to come I hope he doesn't demand a new contract. At 5 mil per year he's going to be underpaid real fast.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2007, 01:46 PM
To noones surprise the "D" has been whooping up on the"O" in camp.They're young and fast with enough experienced vets scattered thru the line up to keep things running smoothly. When was the last time Green Bay had a dominating "D"? This could be the next time.

Actually, the last couple of days, it sounds like the offense has been doing better.

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I never expected Kampman to be this good, but I never let my original thoughts blind me from seeing what ended up happening either.

b bulldog
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Kampy is a great story and this story shows everyone what a strong work ethic and a lot of heart can do.

Bretsky
08-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Actually, the last couple of days, it sounds like the offense has been doing better.

I watched a MM interivew last Night on the Packers Flagship out of Milwaukee and he stated he was incredibly disappointed in the offense in last nights red zone performance and 2 minute drill. He hinted some are going to have to change their approaches.

In that practice it sounded like the defense ate the offense up.

Packnut
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM

I watched a MM interivew last Night on the Packers Flagship out of Milwaukee and he stated he was incredibly disappointed in the offense in last nights red zone performance and 2 minute drill. He hinted some are going to have to change their approaches.

In that practice it sounded like the defense ate the offense up.

No surprise here. The RZ offense has sucked for a while now.