Tune in :)

8 est...
7 central (for all of you in Wisconsin)

Freak Out
08-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

GBRulz
08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
How about the idea of listing upcoming shows/events about the Packers on the PR home page? I wish I would check the NFL network schedule more often because there are often things that I've realized I've missed or simply didn't know about.

Thanks for posting the info, can't wait to see this!

green_bowl_packer
08-01-2007, 05:44 PM
If you have Comcast cable and haven't tuned into NFL channel since Saturday, your free NFL channel is now gone. You'll now have to pay $5.00/month for a sports package to get it.

Packnut
08-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Damn, I love the NFL Network!

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Live Game Thread

Bubba looks in very good shape.

Harrell doesn't look in bad shape with the pads on. Pickett looks huge. He needs to get in shape. Harrell got stoned on one 1 on 1. The other he pushed the street FA OC back 2 yards right off the snap. Looks like a specimen. Has a lot to learn.

Kampman beat Tausch on a pass rush drill--despite what Bill Maas said.

Montgomery beat Moll on the drill.

They showed a couple of clips of Morency and Jackson from early practices. Can't take much out of it since they weren't in pads, but both guys have extremely quick feet.

Jennings actually looked a little sluggish to me on one play.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
11 on 11s just started.

Rodgers looked pretty good, but had a couple of balls blocked at the LOS, and didn't recognize a blitz.

KGB just beat Orrin Thompson like a ragdoll.

Ingle Martin is taking too long in the huddle, and McCarthy is getting on him.

pack4to84
08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Looks like Sanders not calling the Defense of plays.

Joemailman
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Transcript of McCarthy press conference Tuesday Night. He didn't sound happy. Guys better pick it up Thursday or I suspect coaches will be all over them.

posted 07/31/2007

(The end looked a little sloppy. What was going on?)
I share your opinion. I thought it was sloppy. I thought the false starts of the offense were way too many. The two-minute mechanics is always a little rugged first time out, if you look in the spring, you look back to last year. I've experienced that. But there's no excuse for false starts, whether it's guys not concentrating because they're tired and so forth. But I thought offensively we started sluggish in the team run, so it really started for us early, and I thought they actually responded very well and put together a really good practice until the two-minute. I think the defense was playing with excellent tempo. I thought schematically they challenged the offense also. I think our defense is doing a good job. We had good special teams work. I thought the environment here was excellent to work in, and I thought we had a good night's work.

(How did Driver look out there?)
It's a big difference when Donald is out there. He's a Pro Bowl player, and he makes plays all the time. What we really missed was his leadership. I thought we've been dead on offense, and to have a sparkplug of leadership out here I thought was a big bonus for us.

(With Pickett and Jolly back, are you able to mix the defensive tackles more?)
I think that's a strength of our football team. We kept 10 defensive linemen last year on our roster, and you could easily make the same argument this year. Just to have the ability to rotate those guys in there, a bunch of big bodies that can really get after people in the two-gap scheme on first and second down. And we've got a bunch of athletic guys. I think Cullen Jenkins is off to an incredible start. He's having about as good a camp as I can recall looking across the line of scrimmage at him. Very pleased with the progress of our defensive line.

(What was the experience like being out here in this unique environment tonight?)
I think it's special, I think we all agree with that. It was a great idea, and I think it's everything we expected it to be. I think the crowd was great. They're always great. But just the history that's involved in it, the field looks in game condition. Just a great atmosphere to practice in.

(Will you hold practice here again?)
I think that's something we'll definitely discuss. I was very pleased with the way it went tonight.

(So maybe next year, not again this year?)
I don't have plans right now to be here this season. We get our schedules six, seven months ahead of time, but not a year, so we're not quite ready yet.

(Did the players get into this environment?)
I'm a little disappointed in a fragment of our players right now emotionally. I thought most of them did. We had tremendous energy in the locker room before we came over here. I thought it was a very spirited practice, but we're having these lulls that we need to get rid of. I know everyone goes through them in training camp, but I'm not happy with the way the practice ended.

(Why are Brandon Miree and Rory Johnson out?)
Brandon has an Achilles, and Rory has, I don't know what it is, his abdomen. They don't have a specific diagnosis on it yet. I'm told they're going to be day to day is their status.

(Did Bubba drop out at the end?)
I didn't notice. If he did I'm not aware of it.

(Does Lonie have a broken foot or leg or something?)
He has a foot injury and he's not doing very well.

(Did anybody get hurt tonight?)
Not that I'm aware. No.

(Why did you put Lonie on IR? Is it broken?)
I'm not getting into it. He's got a foot injury. How many times do I have to tell you that? He's got a foot injury. Anybody got anything else?

Advertisement

(Tomorrow, the day off, will that help in terms of the lulls?)
I think that's an excuse. If it helps, then great. I'd love to be wrong. But we need to practice better as far as completing a practice. Everybody goes through the dog days as you want to say of training camp. It'll help, because that's why it's there in the middle of the week. I think it will help their legs. But I don't we have a leg problem right now. I think we have a focus ... we have to be a little tougher mentally down the stretch.

(Are you frustrated enough that you'll practice tomorrow?)
We will not practice tomorrow. Our schedule is set. It's in there for a reason. The rest and recovery is part of our training camp. That's why we'll do it. The opportunities that we have to get better we have to take full advantage of.

(What's your first organized team activity tomorrow and what time?)
I know I'm up at 7 with Jeff and then I just go from there. I want to say 9:00 we have a team meeting, and then we'll go through our normal special teams, quarterbacks, offense and defense (meetings). Then we have Willie Davis coming in to speak to the football team, and then we'll have lunch.

(You added Joe Werner to the roster today?)
Joe, we had him here on the rookie weekend. Very athletic. Everybody knows his basketball history at La Crosse. He's a young man that kind of sparked us, sparked our interest when he was here. Just came back from his honeymoon, so I'm sure he's ready to go. It's a good opportunity for him, and just want to learn more about him. Because he's a gifted athlete.

Packnut
08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Even with the little we saw, our D looks good, damn good.

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I saw everything you guys are mentioning here. I also noticed that Jennings looked a little unspectacular. Maybe he's in poor shape from his hip problem. Hopefully he gets it together by the time regular season kicks off. He's young enough to get his body right in a short amount of time.

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM

It's tough for me to tell because they never tackle. The only thing that is judgable is broken up passes and catches. Other than that, I can't tell what's going on in the run game. I wish I had NFL network so I could see it from that angle.

It will be nice to see them in pre-season but like Rastak so eloquently pointed out, we're just going to be disappointed by that becuase it's all base defense.

Packnut
08-01-2007, 08:28 PM

It's tough for me to tell because they never tackle. The only thing that is judgable is broken up passes and catches. Other than that, I can't tell what's going on in the run game. I wish I had NFL network so I could see it from that angle.

It will be nice to see them in pre-season but like Rastak so eloquently pointed out, we're just going to be disappointed by that becuase it's all base defense.

I just watched it again and several times our QB would have been sacked if hitting was allowed. I like the fact our LB's are blitzing. I say:

TURN THE HAWK LOOSE!

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
That's funny packnut, I was saying teh same thing last night. The guy next to me was all cheering for the offense. I would say "He woulda been sacked" and the guy was like "Yeah, it was a good play though". I was thinking "NO, it's not a good play. The QB held on to the ball too long and got sacked. It was a bad play"

People there were only cheering for the offense. I'm a defense guy so it gets annoying.

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh, BTW, all of that blitzing was something they have been running lately. I believe it's called the blitz drill. They do 11 on 11's and blitz every play.

Anyway, I sort of thought it was a way of preparing for the Eagles becuase they blitz so much. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't doubt if McCArthy is preparing for week 1 a month early.

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being not worried at all and 10 being really worried, I'm about a 4 on Greg Jennings. He just hasn't done much. I really hope he comes around for the start of the season. We need our WR's to be a strength this year if we are going to move the ball. He has been our #1 WR and our #1 is covered by Harris so that might have something to do with it, I don't know.

Rastak
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM

Oh, lemme clarify. Your reports from camp are cool, and I'm sure you are having a blast doing it. Interesting info can be gleaned. Once those pre-season games start you get a better picture becasue it's a live game situation. People need to be careful because like you mentioned mostly base stuff plus your favorite rookie might be playing the 2nd or 3rd string opponent. The pace is a bit slower than a real game. My other thread was mearly pointing out how some things seem to be weighted higher than others. Regular season games being the highest ranked ...

Hey, let's go though the steps and see how all the guys looked. The Vikings defense looks fantastic right now but I'm afraid it's because their offense totally sucks......LOL

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I hear ya Ras. I was acctually getting all excited about the pre-season and now I remember how disappointed I am after two uneventfull quarters and then we have to watch scrubs who won't be on the team for the other two.

Rastak
08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I hear ya Ras. I was acctually getting all excited about the pre-season and now I remember how disappointed I am after two uneventfull quarters and then we have to watch scrubs who won't be on the team for the other two.

Yea, I'm totally fired up to go to the Vikings Rams game next Friday....but into the 4th quarter I won't know a guy on the field.

Assuming the bridges hold.....check out CNN....a bridge over the river near the dome collapsed into the river with bumper to bumper cars. Maybe 20 cars into the river and maybe 100 on the bridge as it happened. Unreal pictures.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2007, 08:46 PM
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being not worried at all and 10 being really worried, I'm about a 4 on Greg Jennings.

Nick, I'm not worried at all. Just an observation on a couple of plays. He could have been gassed for all I know.

RashanGary
08-01-2007, 08:51 PM
He hasn't stood out at all, all camp though Harv. I've watched most of the practices in person and I think I've only seen him catch one ball in team drills. That said, he's been going up against Harris almost every play so that might have a little something to do with it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2007, 09:28 PM
He hasn't stood out at all, all camp though Harv. I've watched most of the practices in person and I think I've only seen him catch one ball in team drills. That said, he's been going up against Harris almost every play so that might have a little something to do with it.

He beat Harris on one of those two plays they showed tonight. He looked like he wasn't running a crisp route, but got open enough and ended up makign the catch. As far as I know, he could have intended running that route that way to fake Harris into a certain coverage. The GBP showed him going 2 for 2 against Harris in the last practice., so he must be doing something right.

GREG JENNINGS def. Al Harris
JENNINGS def. Harris

Your panic has me arguing against myself.
:D

The Leaper
08-02-2007, 08:23 AM
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being not worried at all and 10 being really worried, I'm about a 4 on Greg Jennings. He just hasn't done much. I really hope he comes around for the start of the season. We need our WR's to be a strength this year if we are going to move the ball. He has been our #1 WR and our #1 is covered by Harris so that might have something to do with it, I don't know.

Jennings is not a superstar. Too many people on here seem to think the guy is already a dependable, reliable player. He is not.

He took advantage of some early games against woeful pass defenses last year. He also took advantage of opposing defenses focusing nearly their entire game plan against Driver, and allowing Jennings to have the chance to beat them. He got nicked up, and really did not contribute much after that.

He doesn't have the raw speed to be a deep threat, and he doesn't have the strength of a Jones to consistently beat press coverage. He runs solid routes and has good hands, but he needs to take a step forward before he is a reliable starting WR. As I've said all along...he should have been no more than a #3 WR last year. He did OK for having to fill in as the #2, but he's a very average #2 WR.

IMO, Jones has more physical potential than Jennings has.

MJZiggy
08-02-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't understand something: why is it that whenever this team we love does something well, it's only because the opponent is woeful. Evidently we had the easiest schedule in the history of football last year because all the games we won at the end of the season were against sucky teams and now every game that Greg Jennings performed well in it was because we were playing woeful pass defenses? Come on, people. These are still NFL teams we're playing against. There are other teams besides the Colts that have talented players. IMO we're one of those teams so can we give some credit where it is due while we're drowning our team in criticism please?

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Well said, MJ.

cheesner
08-02-2007, 09:00 AM

Jennings is not a superstar. Too many people on here seem to think the guy is already a dependable, reliable player. He is not.

He took advantage of some early games against woeful pass defenses last year. He also took advantage of opposing defenses focusing nearly their entire game plan against Driver, and allowing Jennings to have the chance to beat them. He got nicked up, and really did not contribute much after that.

He doesn't have the raw speed to be a deep threat, and he doesn't have the strength of a Jones to consistently beat press coverage. He runs solid routes and has good hands, but he needs to take a step forward before he is a reliable starting WR. As I've said all along...he should have been no more than a #3 WR last year. He did OK for having to fill in as the #2, but he's a very average #2 WR.

IMO, Jones has more physical potential than Jennings has.
If you expect more from a rookie WR than we received from Jennings, you are going to be disappointed in 99% of all rookie WRs. It is a very difficult position to play in the WCO. The route you run can change within the first .1 sec after the hike. You have to recognize and react by the way the defense reacts. And it is not just the secondary's coverage, you have to recognize a blitz and change to your hot route.

Jennings looked very good. Too many people just look at 40 speed and size in order to determine the 'quality' of a WR. More important to a WR success is quickness, route running skills, and hands. Jennings has more of these qualities than most NFL WRs. Add to that his love of football, being a good teammate, intelligence, and being a hard worker, the sky is the limit for this young man.

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Live Game Thread

Bubba looks in very good shape.

Harrell doesn't look in bad shape with the pads on. Pickett looks huge. He needs to get in shape. Harrell got stoned on one 1 on 1. The other he pushed the street FA OC back 2 yards right off the snap. Looks like a specimen. Has a lot to learn.

Kampman beat Tausch on a pass rush drill--despite what Bill Maas said.

Montgomery beat Moll on the drill.

They showed a couple of clips of Morency and Jackson from early practices. Can't take much out of it since they weren't in pads, but both guys have extremely quick feet.

Jennings actually looked a little sluggish to me on one play.

Harvey:

Bubba isn't the most expresive person but does he appear more than just sluggish? Is he looking up for it to you, or psyched?

Bretsky
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Well said, MJ.

Too big of a circle for me to follow BH :lol:

Anyways, I consider Jennings to be very capable of a #2 starter if he remains healthy. I also see him having more upside than the rook, but haven't seen enough of him yet.

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM

JH:

Are you admitting that we have a big concern with our running game?

What WR's (disregarding Greg Jennings and DD ) are looking on the upside to you so far?

Who runs solid routes, looks fast or beats the DB's? How is James Jones looking underneath? Does he (James Jones) shine or have it in your eyes?

MM's concern about all the OL offsides may be due to the fact that Favre isn't in there yet, and it's difficult for the offensive lineman to get used to different cadences.

Favre hates offsides too and he'll kick their butt's for HC Mike McCarthy. :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Bubba isn't the most expresive person but does he appear more than just sluggish? Is he looking up for it to you ,or psyched?

I saw a couple of plays, and he was noticeably skinnier and looked quicker to me. That being said, I can't get excited about him after the last two years. He'll have to show me in real games that my opinion that he's milktoast is premature. Two plays in a practice won't change that opinion.

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Bubba isn't the most expresive person but does he appear more than just sluggish? Is he looking up for it to you ,or psyched?

I saw a couple of plays, and he was noticeably skinnier and looked quicker to me. That being said, I can't get excited about him after the last two years. He'll have to show me in real games that my opinion that he's milktoast is premature. Two plays in a practice won't change that opinion.

Then there"s this fr. the thred on Bubba Franks:

All they're really after in 2007 is a return of old dependable Bubba. And maybe, just maybe, that Bubba is back.

"I talked to him a little bit before practice today," Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said Tuesday. "He's excited. Looking more like himself."

and

The Franks that checked in looks sleeker than he has been in recent seasons, and for good reason.

"I'm moving great, better than I've ever moved," Franks said. "Because I changed my diet. I focused more on speed than physicalness."

Toward that end, Franks started eating five times a day in an effort to build his metabolism and reduce his body fat. Franks didn't have an exact reading but knows his reading is 2% to 3% lower than ever before.

He also reported at 260 pounds, five less than in most seasons.

In the Larry Beightol-coached power-gap scheme, Franks often was asked to block the defensive end by himself at the point of attack.

GO Bubba !!

RashanGary
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
James JOnes has looked really good, Woodbuck. I see no reason he can't be a good 40 catch, 500 yd #3 WR. He does catch most of his stuff underneith but I saw him separate and catch a perfectly thrown Rodgers bomb a couple days ago.

The Leaper
08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't understand something: why is it that whenever this team we love does something well, it's only because the opponent is woeful. Evidently we had the easiest schedule in the history of football last year because all the games we won at the end of the season were against sucky teams and now every game that Greg Jennings performed well in it was because we were playing woeful pass defenses? Come on, people. These are still NFL teams we're playing against.

I guess the Lions and Rams secondary must be equivalent to the Chargers and Bears secondary. My bad. Jennings will score 15 TDs this year...because he will light up EVERYONE like he did some of the worst pass defenses in the league.

The cold, hard truth was that the Packers DID face some pathetic pass defenses early last year...and Jennings DID take advantage of that. That is to his credit, but what I previously stated DOES have to be taken into consideration.

My point is that Jennings can not be considered a consistent, reliable player who you can count on REGARDLESS of the level of competition. He may reach that point in the near future, but he's not there yet.

IMO we're one of those teams so can we give some credit where it is due while we're drowning our team in criticism please?

I'm sorry. I forgot that anything to do with the Packers is beyond reproach, and that you must wear Packer goggles when referring to anything Green and Gold.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, to be fair, his three next best games were against New Orleans, Philly, and Buffalo. Those three teams finished 3rd, 7th, and 9th in pass defense. Actually, St. Louis finished in the top 10 also (8th). Now, St. Louis didn't have a great secondary. New Orleans was okay. However, Philly (with Sheppard and Brown) and Buffalo (with Clements and McGee) did have good secondaries.

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
How about this;

At the end of the year the only stats that count are the ones that occured against top 15 defenses.:roll:

Listen, what player's stats aren't largely padded by bad defenses? That's how the NFL works. There's good teams and there's bad teams. And when you play the bad teams, you better take advantage of it.

4and12to12and4
08-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Two things I think about the State of the Packers.

1. Aaron Rodgers is not our future QB. He has barely average arm strength, but more importantly, he has proven over and over again he has horrible instincts regarding backside pressure. That is what is going to make him a career 2nd or 3rd stringer his entire career.

2. Greg Jennings is one of those guys that doesn't "look" spectacular, but has that savvy football awareness of how and when to shed a defender and be an open target for Brett. He will seperate constantly, and Brett will find him many a time this year. I look for a big season from Greg this year. He just has great instincts out there.

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
James JOnes has looked really good, Woodbuck. I see no reason he can't be a good 40 catch, 500 yd #3 WR. He does catch most of his stuff underneith but I saw him separate and catch a perfectly thrown Rodgers bomb a couple days ago.

Got ya!

It seems as though he can catch the ball in traffic and has decent hands and we need a dependable #3 WR. MM just has to design routes that put some heat on the oppositions secondary (nothing too spectacular) and then the WR's have to squeeze the ball. They have to do the little things early in the season to use to build confidence and some momentum.

Bottom line. We need a running game or we're in trouble.

Something has got to come out of the mix of RB's on hand to set up the pass. MM has to find a way to make us competitive and maybe we will get some wins.

Our 'D' and something similiar to the offensive talent in Detroit would excite me. The Lions have some players on offense.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Two things I think about the State of the Packers.

1. Aaron Rodgers is not our future QB.

I wouldn't be so sure. We'll see this preseason, but apparently he's looked really good this camp.

He had another good day today.

Not Martin's morning
Third-string QB Ingle Martin, working with the second unit in Brett Favre's absence, was brutal in team drills this morning.

His unit emerged from the huddle twice in the initial period. Players returned to the huddle without running the play the first time, and Martin fumbled the snap on the second.

Then, in the extended no-huddle, Martin misfired on seven of eight passes, his last an ill-advised jump pass into quadruple coverage. (He got one incompletion back because LB Spencer Havner was flagged for interference.)

Martin finished the morning 3-for-9. Aaron Rodgers was a solid 12-for-15 leading the starters -- including 6-for-6 in his last no-huddle series. Rookie Paul Thompson was 1-for-1.

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 07:56 PM
"Aaron Rodgers was a solid 12-for-15 leading the starters -- including 6-for-6 in his last no-huddle series."

That's very good. Now we look for some consistency.

Then the real test. How he will respond with a rush.

b bulldog
08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
JJ will push Jennings for the number two WR position.

RashanGary
08-02-2007, 09:22 PM

I don't think so. Everyone at camp is saying Jones is a good notch below Jennings as a rookie. He's got great hands, but Jennings has a special knack for football that is going to make him a great NFL WR.

Partial
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
We have to keep in mind that JJ has looked good jumping up and catching balls knowing full well he will not be drilled in the spine from behind.

It is a lot different when the hitting is for real.

Consequently, if he proves to be a solid #3 as a contributor right away, that has to silence some of the TT critics and it will go a long way towards making the offense solid.

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
I think Martin will end up beating Jones for the #3. I think having NFL experience is going to pay off for him, in the end.

Who wants to join the Ruvell Martin fan club? There's plenty of room. :D

Partial
08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I think Martin will end up beating Jones for the #3. I think having NFL experience is going to pay off for him, in the end.

Martin is just a guy. A tall guy, though. He'll be an NFL acceptable 4th.

GrnBay007
08-02-2007, 09:57 PM

I don't think so. Everyone at camp is saying Jones is a good notch below Jennings as a rookie. He's got great hands, but Jennings has a special knack for football that is going to make him a great NFL WR.

Who knows?

First off, the veterans are not going to say JJ is comparable to Jennings (even if it were true....and I'm not saying it is) The rookie needs to be pushed at this point.
Second, Jennings can be awesome.....lets hope he stays healthy this year. All the talk about JJ can only be a good thing for Jennings...will definitely give him more incentive.

Bretsky
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Martin is just a guy. A tall guy, though. He'll be an NFL acceptable 4th.

Maybe we should start the

Just a Guy Martin Club ? :lol:

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 10:15 PM

I've always been on that fan club even before TC last season.

I hope Ruvell progress's this season. I like his size and he has a solid attitude.

GrnBay007
08-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Of course there's plenty of room......they're all on the JJ train!! :P :clap:

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Of course there's plenty of room......they're all on the JJ train!! :P :clap:

You guys better hope you don't get derailed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.madison.com/images/articles/wsj/2006/12/10/37310_thumb.jpg

Your #3 WR

The Shadow
08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I am so far very impressed with the potential of this receiving corp.
A 3 receiver set with Jones in the slot places two very reliable guys on the flanks, with what sounds like a very tough slot receiver inside.
It's also intriguing to visualize a 4 receiver set with a speed demon like Clowny (if he pans out) spreading the field for the 3 'hands' guys.

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I am so far very impressed with the potential of this receiving corp.
A 3 receiver set with Jones in the slot places two very reliable guys on the flanks, with what sounds like a very tough slot receiver inside.
It's also intriguing to visualize a 4 receiver set with a speed demon like Clowny (if he pans out) spreading the field for the 3 'hands' guys.

Well then. . . do you think the WCO will make it's comeback in Green Bay?

Maybe we could get a TE and FB in on ' the Action, Jackson '. :)

The Shadow
08-02-2007, 10:53 PM
I think you go with strength.
If your wideouts look like a very stellar group, your o line is now experienced and improved enough to abandon the max protect concept, your tight ends are nothing to brag about, and your running backs are -at least in the early going - not battle-tested, there might be nothing wrong with Favre having the opportunity to open things up and throw to more 3 & 4 receiver sets (as long as the protection IS sound enough to consistently guard him).
If your team is run-oriented - and you can win that way - great!
If your team has 'flying circus' potential - and your best chances of winning are through the air - great!
It would be fun to offer #4 the opportunity to really spread the ball around, score often, win a lot of games, and give opposing def. coordinators the fits.