PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com NFC North QB rankings

Rastak
08-02-2007, 07:24 AM
NFC North QB Rankings

Posted Aug 1, 2007

Scout.com NFL Expert Tom Marino draws upon his 34 years of pro scouting experience and shares his thoughts on the four starting quarterbacks in the NFC North as they prepare for the 2007 season. Check inside for his rankings and analysis...

The one thing that can be said about the four quarterbacks that make up the NFC North division is that they all come from distinctly different backgrounds and are at all different stages of their development.

Brett Favre, enters his 17 season of play (16th at the helm the Packers) and is quite frankly in the twilight of an unbelievable playing career. I got my first look at Brett when he was a freshmen at Southern Mississippi while down in New Orleans assisting the Saints in putting together a replacement team. And even though at a glance he looked like he was only about 14 years old, one could see there was something special about this player when you watched him in action.

During his illustrious playing career, Favre has overcome personal tragedies, coaching changes, and endured extreme elements to become one of professional football all-time greats, but sadly like Joe Lewis, Willie Mays and Muhammad Ali, and the great John Unitas, in my opinion he appears to have stayed at the dance too long.

In the prime of his playing career, few had the competitive spirit, physical and mental toughness and the playing instincts of Brett Favre. He had an outstanding arm, could make all the necessary throws, was -- and still is -- durable beyond belief. And he's a tremendous team player. His throwing range and ability to throw the deep out from the far hash was a thing to behold.

On the other side of the ledger, one can easily say he sure was unorthodox (mechanics, footwork and throwing delivery), has had a tendency to attempt some crazy throws and surprisingly did not play effectively indoors on turf during his career. But when the game was on the line, few could match him.

The Packers believe they have all the components in place to win in 2007, but I have very some serious doubts and wonder just what club they are better than within the division. Yes, the time has come for Green Bay to begin the process of finding the replacement to this aging warrior.

(Getty Images)
Rex Grossman enters his fifth professional season for the defending NFC Champion Chicago Bears -- and the reviews on him are as varied as the number of flavors of ice cream at Baskins-Robbins.

For the record, I rated Grossman fifth among the QBs I rated for the 2004 NFL Draft behind Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub, J.P. Losman, and Eli Manning (I did not evaluate Ben Roethlisberger). And for the record today, I would not deviate from those rankings.

Grossman, does have a live arm, foot quickness, a quick release, is an intelligent individual and was for the most part an accurate thrower. On the negative side, he is short (plays small), has limited mobility, can be careless with the football in the pocket, has had problems with blitzes, and overall was flat out too inconsistent.

A lot of things went right for the Bears in 2006, but my prediction is they will not repeat as division champions unless Grossman steps up in a big way. I have my doubts.

(Getty Images)
His name is Tarvaris Jackson, he played at D-II Alabama State, has appeared in only four professional games, threw just 81 balls on the season last year and had twice as many interceptions than touchdown passes (4-2) -- yet nobody in the Vikings football operation appears to be in a state of panic.

I personally would not be too happy to compete in the competitive NFC North with a quarterback with just two professional starts, but after viewing and visiting Jackson as a college player and watching him briefly in 2006, I have a feeling that this player could well become something special.

He has excellent mechanics, a very strong arm, is highly intelligent, showed excellent body quickness and movement in the pocket and is a very tough-minded individual. Tarvaris is a legitimate drop-back passer, but when it wasn't there, he showed the ability to tuck the ball away and make yards with his feet. He also has the ability to make all the throws, and if in his second season he can assimilate into the Vikings offensive system, the sky is the limit for this player.

My only concern at this stage would be that the game is still too fast for the inexperienced second year player, but even if he stumbles out of the box, Vikings fans, don't give up on this player . He has all the skills necessary to get you to the big one.

Did I just hear someone refer to him as the next Steve McNair? Time will certainly tell.

(Getty Images)
I might look pretty darn stupid in the next five to six months with this next statement, but I believe the Detroit Lions will win the NFC North and that quarterback Jon Kitna (if he can remain healthy) will rank among the top five quarterbacks in the NFL in 2007!

I've said it before, but I see a lot of the 1999 St. Louis Rams "Greatest Show On Turf" with this 2007 Detroit Lions squad, but just maybe…..better!!!

Kitna enters his 11th season having thrown for a career high 4,208 yards in his first season under the tutelage of NFL's best offensive coordinator, Mike Martz. I read a quote in 2006 where Kitna stated that he learned more about the QB position in 2006 then he had in the previous 9 years combined. I have news for Kitna and the entire receiving corps ... "you ain't seen nothing yet!" In my mind it is virtually impossible to grasp the Martz offense in just one season.

For the record, I've always liked Kitna's arm strength, throwing range, velocity, his ability to throw the ball vertically and stick it into a tight window. He shows solid game management skills. He is not a particularly adept runner, but when it's there, he can and will advance the ball upfield. I like his toughness and don't underestimate the experience factor with this player.

Kitna still throws too many interceptions to my way of thinking, and he took too many sacks in 2006, but that may not have been entirely all his fault.

Does the quarterback make the system or does the system make the quarterback? Well, that question might well be worth discussing at another time and place, but let me just say today that if one takes a solid QB, gives him some weapons and schools him in the most advanced system in pro football history, the sky's the limit!!!

NFC North QB Rankings:

1) Jon Kitna
2) Brett Favre
3) Tarvaris Jackson
4) Rex Grossman

wist43
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
1) Favre
2) Kitna
3) Grossman
4) Jackson

Kitna may put up better numbers than Favre, but he has weapons at his disposal.

Favre's supporting cast is among the worst in the league... as QB's go though, Favre is easily the best in the division.

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
How can you call Tavaris Jackson better then Grossman. What did Jackson accomplish last year? 475 yards and 2 TDs. What did Grossman do. Only 3,200 yards passing and 23 TDs. Oh, and his team made the Super Bowl. I'm not a Grossman supporter, but to call Jackson better then Grossman is ridiculous.

1. Favre
2. Grossman
3. Kitna
4. Jackson

Rastak
08-02-2007, 09:05 AM
How can you call Tavaris Jackson better then Grossman. What did Jackson accomplish last year? 475 yards and 2 TDs. What did Grossman do. Only 3,200 yards passing and 23 TDs. Oh, and his team made the Super Bowl. I'm not a Grossman supporter, but to call Jackson better then Grossman is ridiculous.

1. Favre
2. Grossman
3. Kitna
4. Jackson

Did you read it?

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Nope. :lol:

I thought is was an article from ESPN and just scanned through it. I suspected it was the typical ESPN BS.

Reading the article I now realize the point of the article.

Whoops...... :oops:

gbpackfan
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

Merlin
08-02-2007, 10:17 AM
This isn't even worth commenting on...

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

This season it could well be:

1. Kitna (lots of tools and he had a very decent season in 2006 to build off, plus there's Mike Martz)

** toss up for 2. and 3 but I'll take the OLD guy with some bias as well. :)

2. ** Favre (less tools than last season. . but then there's Favre and a determined HC and solid QB coach in Clements)

3. ** Grossman should improve if TE Greg Olsen comes in big and the Bears are making changes to add offense.

4. Jackson - needs time to assess.

Rastak
08-02-2007, 11:36 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

You were so confident I've book marked this baby and will post the QB ratings at the end of the year.
Perhaps you will be completely vindicated.

gbpackfan
08-02-2007, 11:42 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

You were so confident I've book marked this baby and will post the QB ratings at the end of the year.

Lock it in! :P

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-02-2007, 11:44 AM
1) Favre
2) Kitna
3) Grossman
4) Jackson

Favre's supporting cast is among the worst in the league... as QB's go though, Favre is easily the best in the division.

Agreed. If this is based on talent, he is head over heels better than any QB in the division. Favre is still a top ten QB.

Partial
08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

In terms of QB ratings:
Kitna
Grossman
Favre
Jackson

In terms of ability to win a game:
Favre
Grossman
Kitna
Jackson

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Favre knows his future is now
By John Clayton, ESPN.com

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Five years ago, Brett Favre's daughter tried to help him bridge the generation gap between him and his younger teammates.

She bought him an iPod. Until last year, it stayed in the box.

Seeing an entire locker room of 22- and 23-year-olds chilling to tunes last season, Favre finally opened the box, had his daughter download some songs and headed to the airport to catch the team plane. "Is there actually music in there?" players joked to the new, hipper Favre.

"My cell phone is seven years old," Favre said. "But mine is the only one that works on a daily basis."

It's not easy being Brett Favre these days. He operates in a locker room of young strangers. He knows I formations and X receivers more than he does iPods and Xboxes, and the generation gap within his huddle is growing.

"I have people tell me all the time that they feel for me," Favre said. "They say, 'You don't have any friends.' That's not necessarily true. It's business to me now. I take losses tougher now than I ever did. Most of my career, I didn't have many losses."

Don't misunderstand Favre. He loves the game of football and the Packers. He loves his teammates. Remember, he decided to return and isn't looking back on that choice. Still, it's an adjustment running a huddle filled with kids only four or five years older than his daughter. He didn't create the generation gap, the reconfiguration of Green Bay's roster did.

But make no mistake about Favre's agenda this year. He's focused on only one thing: winning. He hopes everyone is with him because the clock is ticking. Although many believe Favre could play past this season, Favre understands the importance of this year.

"Any more 4-12, 8-8 seasons at my salary, it's time to cut your losses," Favre said. "I hope that doesn't happen."

Favre came back for a 17th season to win, but his return to the Packers may be most ironic occurrence in the NFL this season. He's on a team that is building for the future, and although he could play a few more years, those who know Favre understand his biological clock. His future, at age 37, is now.

With the possible exception of Roger Clemens' tour of the Yankees minor league teams during his prep starts for this year, Favre is in one of the more amazing generation gaps in sports. He's within a couple years of being old enough to be some of his teammates' fathers.

Being hip and young is one thing, but being able to communicate with youth is another. Still, Favre's teammates say it's a fun interaction.

"He's a character," said 23-year-old wide receiver Greg Jennings. "He's great. I love his stories. He never stops."

One has to wonder whether Favre revealed to his young audience what he was like as a 22-year-old. How he was so wild as a rookie the Falcons traded him to Green Bay, giving the Packers a quarterback for the ages. He remembers being young and thinking he could play forever in this league.

While Favre has seemingly played forever, he has also watched so many players who couldn't. Those experiences made him appreciate the importance of now.

"Young guys are thinking like this is going to go on forever," Favre said. "I don't have much time left. I'm here to win."

There were times when it was tough for Favre to fly home after a loss. He'd sit in his seat doing a crossword puzzle to keep busy, but his mind would be racing through the mistakes made in defeat and the corrections needed for the next game. What was worse were some of the sounds he'd hear on those flights home.

"Sometimes coming back on planes you can't tell if we won or lost," Favre said. "You hear some players in the back laughing. I don't question whether or not they care -- I know they do care -- but it's a big difference for me."

While Favre loves the game, he drags through some of the mundane tasks more than he did in the past. He laughs when he sees young players eagerly zipping along for practice. He tells the anecdote of training at his daughter's high school this offseason. Favre would struggle through a workout. When he'd finish, kids would come over and ask if he was going to run with them, prompting a Favre grumble.

"I see guys here running around being energetic," Favre said. "No thanks. I'm just trying to get through the day."

Favre keeps preaching to turn young energy into football efficiency. The offense, after all, doesn't work consistently if mistakes are made at 110 percent effort. He wants his teammates to be accountable and constantly improving.

Although 8-8 isn't Favre's goal, he had his moments last season, and there are still has a few old-school Packers around. Wide receiver Donald Driver, 32, has been around long enough to know what makes Favre tick.

"He's OK if you keep him laughing," Driver said. "I remember a play in the Seattle game last year. I caught his eye on a pass and took it 48 yards for a score. Before he threw it, he looks at me and winks. Having fun is the way to keep him enjoying the game. Once he gets to the point where he doesn't enjoy the game, that's when he will retire."

Though Favre saw some good, he also saw the bad last season. It affects him because he wants to win and mistakes drive him crazy. That, in itself, is funny. Favre used to complain about Mike Holmgren beating him up for mistakes. Now, the 37-year-old sounds Holmgren-like.

Jennings, for example, ran a deep route when he was supposed to run a short hitch. Vikings corner Fred Smoot intercepted Favre's pass to the shorter route and returned it for a touchdown. That throw, toward the end of last season, was one of the nagging interceptions that stayed with him.

"The hardest thing is my focus and their focus are different," Favre said. "I guess in some ways, I was the same way when I was younger. You think you are going to be around forever. After a bad play, you think, 'Oh, well.' I just think I'm here for one reason -- to win."

Camp started tough for Favre. Rocky Byrd, his wife's stepfather whom Favre was very close to, passed away. It forced him to miss a good portion of this week's practice. Favre hated to leave because he wants to practice hard and even wants to play more in the preseason.

He knows the importance of this camp.

"I worry because I don't have any chemistry with the running backs," Favre said. "Noah Herron has been around the longest, but I don't know how much he'll be in there. I don't know if one guy likes the handoff at one angle or another angle. We have such a small window, I need all the time we can get."

Favre just wishes his daughter could download some of those experienced Packers onto his iPod.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 09:36 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

Lock it in! :P

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

Kitna drops this week. Favre's goes up. Jackson stays the same. Grossman has nowhere to go but up.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 09:57 AM
And even though at a glance he looked like he was only about 14 years old, one could see there was something special about this player when you watched him in action.

I call bullshit on NFL expert Tom Marino.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Our week 1 standings
1a. Favre 1-0 (he gets 1a because his win put him at the top of the list for career wins by a QB with 148)
1b. Kitna 1-0
1c. Jackson 1-0 (career win #1)
4. Grossman 0-1

Rastak
09-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Our week 1 standings
1a. Favre 1-0 (he gets 1a because his win put him at the top of the list for career wins by a QB with 148)
1b. Kitna 1-0
4. Grossman 0-1

Teams win games not individual guys. NFL uses a formula to measure QB's and that's what I'll use in this space.

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

Partial
09-16-2007, 10:11 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

I don't think quarterback ratings tell the whole story, though. I think Favre will be lower than Grossman and Kitna but be a better player and have more responsibility on his shoulders. My guess is Kitna and Grossman are both about 90 where is Favre is 78ish.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 10:12 AM
So, you can't measure them with wins, but you can measure them with a passer rating--which doesn't take into account the offensive talent around that player?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 10:13 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

I don't think quarterback ratings tell the whole story, though. I think Favre will be lower than Grossman and Kitna but be a better player and have more responsibility on his shoulders. My guess is Kitna and Grossman are both about 90 where is Favre is 78ish.

I agree....but no stat ever tells the whole story. This is the formula the nfl uses thus it's the nfl measuring stivk despite it's imperfections.

Partial
09-16-2007, 10:13 AM
So, you can't measure them with wins, but you can measure them with a passer rating--neither of which takes into account the talent around that player?

No, neither works. You need to look at which player is the most talented.

QB rating means nothing when Favre is throwing to DD and JJ while Kitna has two young studs to throw to.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 10:16 AM
P is right. Favre would start on any team in this division.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 10:31 AM
QB rating means nothing when Favre is throwing to DD and JJ while Kitna has two young studs to throw to.

It's not the WRs that I'm worried about. In week 1, it was the OL and RBs. Sure, technically, Favre only generated 9 points in week 1. (He really only generated 3.) Jackson only generated 10 points in week 1. (He really only generated 3 also.) However, Philadelphia's defense is much better than Atlanta'a defense. Maybe not. I guess we'll find out when Minnesota plays Philly later in the year.

I guess I don't get the point of Rastak's post. He told somebody else to re-read the original article earlier, but I don't see where the original article states that the QB rankings are based on passer rating. Am I missing something?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 10:50 AM
So, you can't measure them with wins, but you can measure them with a passer rating--which doesn't take into account the offensive talent around that player?

Wins takes into account OFF, DEF and ST. At least with a passer rating you narrow it down. If it's good enough for the NFL, it's good enough for me.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 10:56 AM

It's not the WRs that I'm worried about. In week 1, it was the OL and RBs. Sure, technically, Favre only generated 9 points in week 1. (He really only generated 3.) Jackson only generated 10 points in week 1. (He really only generated 3 also.) However, Philadelphia's defense is much better than Atlanta'a defense. Maybe not. I guess we'll find out when Minnesota plays Philly later in the year.

I guess I don't get the point of Rastak's post. He told somebody else to re-read the original article earlier, but I don't see where the original article states that the QB rankings are based on passer rating. Am I missing something?

I'll clarify...gbpackfan made an absolute statement in this thread and since this is what the nfl uses, this is what I'll track all year. Nothing more, nothing less and no reason at all to get uptight!

I'm sure after facing the Giants weak secondary, Favre will shoot up the chart.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I don't know. Seems like a way to dig Favre. You know the Packers offense isn't going to be that good, so his rating will suffer. Do you think if he has a passer rating worse than Kitna or whomever, it will make your argument? Tom Brady had a worse passer rating than Phillip Rivers, Marc Bulger, and Tony Romo last year. Does that prove anything? Does that mean they are better QBs or had a better year?

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 11:06 AM
The real list is....

1. Favre
2. Kitna
3. Grossman
4. Jackson

PERIOD.

I don't get how this is something that should be argued. I think most people would go 1-4 with that for the QBs in the NFC North right now. He didn't say anything about passer rating and neither did the original article.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 11:08 AM
My bad. I guess he did say "lock it in"--when you came back with the passer rating thing.

Rastak
09-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I don't know. Seems like a way to dig Favre. You know the Packers offense isn't going to be that good, so his rating will suffer. Do you think if he has a passer rating worse than Kitna or whomever, it will make your argument? Tom Brady had a worse passer rating than Phillip Rivers, Marc Bulger, and Tony Romo last year. Does that prove anything? Does that mean they are better QBs or had a better year?

I think you are paranoid Harv! :D Not everything I ever say is intended as a dig. In fact, the percentage of digs is pretty low. Hey, I'm interested to see how this race plays out. Passer rating is imperfect as you point out. No need for us to get all wound up.

HarveyWallbangers
09-16-2007, 11:12 AM
1) Favre
2) Kitna
3) Grossman
4) Jackson

I'll just say that I agree with this. No, I won't go with passer rating as my barometer.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey, I'm interested to see how this race plays out.

Well there you go playing the race card.

ny10804
09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Time to put some pressure on Manning.

EDIT - wrong thread.

Brett's looking really good today. Definitely #1.

The Shadow
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Give me a T!
Give me a T!
Give me a T!

What's that spell?

Disaster...

I only hope we have 14 more such disasters in the regular season & then a few more disasters in the playoffs.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Our week 1 standings
1b. Kitna 1-0
4. Grossman 0-1

Teams win games not individual guys. NFL uses a formula to measure QB's and that's what I'll use in this space.

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

So how is that working out for you after week 2?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Our week 1 standings
1b. Kitna 1-0
4. Grossman 0-1

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

The same as week one Scott, I don't whine and cry based on the numbers. I report 'em. If the numbers don't go my way I don't make excuses.
There isn't even a "my way" It is what it is.

By the way, did I ever give any indication I'd only post 'em if they went a certain way?

Willard
09-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Our week 1 standings
1b. Kitna 1-0
4. Grossman 0-1

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

The same as week one Scott, I don't whine and cry based on the numbers. I report 'em. If the numbers don't go my way I don't make excuses.

By the way, did I ever give any indication I'd only post 'em if they went a certain way?

Week2 QB Ratings:
Favre 112.4
Kitna 86
Grossman 56
Jackson 26.4

Scott Campbell
09-16-2007, 07:42 PM

Geez, where's the fun in that?

Rastak
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Our week 1 standings
1b. Kitna 1-0
4. Grossman 0-1

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

Week2 QB Ratings:
Favre 112.4
Kitna 86
Grossman 56
Jackson 26.4

Is that cumulative? That's what we are tracking here.

Willard
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Our week 1 standings
1b. Kitna 1-0
4. Grossman 0-1

Our week 1 standings
1. Kitna 102.7
2. Jackson 75.1
3. Favre 58.2
4. Grossman 53.7

Week2 QB Ratings:
Favre 112.4
Kitna 86
Grossman 56
Jackson 26.4

Is that cumulative? That's what we are tracking here.
No. My math skills aren't that good, and I don't think cumulative is posted yet. I grabbed today's numbers from Fox NFL. I predict Grossman has a cumulative 55 though, and a gold star for consistency.

Zool
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Kitna 94.7
Favre 84
Grossman 55.1
Jackson 40

Rastak
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Kitna 94.7
Favre 84
Grossman 55.1
Jackson 40

I told you guys Favre would move up....didn't expect Jackson to melt down that badly. He was pretty brutal. Grossman is maintaining his average.

Rastak
09-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Week 3 standings

1. Kitna 97
2. Favre 93.4
3. Grossman 45.2
4 Jackson 40.0

slight disparity from the top two to the bottom two...... :roll:

Zool
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Week 3 standings

1. Kitna 97
2. Favre 93.4
3. Grossman 45.2
4 Jackson 40.0

At least Jackson didnt move down.

Holcomb was a 68.3, and looked better than Jackson in the limited action I saw. He's still a career backup though.

MadScientist
09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Week 3 standings

1. Kitna 97
2. Favre 93.4
3. Grossman 45.2
4 Jackson 40.0

At least Jackson didnt move down.

Holcomb was a 68.3, and looked better than Jackson in the limited action I saw. He's still a career backup though.

Looks like the bottom two will be locked in for a while, unless Jackson is out more for injury than suckiness. 68.3 does sound like career backup material.

Rastak
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Week 4 shows us.....

1. Kitna 105.6 (not friggen bad)
2. Favre 97.3 (man, he played well last week)
3. Holcomb 70.9 (current starter qualifies, should be gone next week)
4. Grossman 45.2 (ouch.....Griese should show up here soon)

Dishonorable mention

5. Jackson 40.0 (Only played two games but looked bad in the second one)

Rastak
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Week 5 QB rankings.....gbpackfan is starting to look like a genius.... :)

1. Favre 94.7
2. Kitna 93.2
3. Griese 77.8
4. Holcomb 70.9

Rastak
10-25-2007, 11:09 AM
After week 7, our standings are ugly....(from my perspective!)

1. Kitna 93.7
2. Favre 87
3. Griese 86
4. Jackson 48.7 (YIKES!)

How bad is number 4? No, not your #4......

Rastak
11-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Week 9

Kitna and Favre are neck in neck.....

1. Kitna 94.3
2. Favre 93.3
3. Griese 76.2
4. This space for rent

4and12to12and4
11-05-2007, 08:18 AM
I would take Jackson over Grossman, at least he can run. Other than that they are both hideously inaccurate passers.

4and12to12and4
11-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Aaron Rodgers is probably the second best in the division!!

The Leaper
11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
4. This space for rent

Can Peterson play QB?

4and12to12and4
11-05-2007, 08:30 AM
4. This space for rent

Can Peterson play QB?

:taunt:

Joemailman
11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Week 9

1. Kitna 94.3
2. Favre 93.3
3. Griese 76.2
4. This space for rent

Come on Ras. Bollinger is 112.3. Show a little faith! :D

Rastak
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Week 9

1. Kitna 94.3
2. Favre 93.3
3. Griese 76.2
4. This space for rent

Man you guys would have run me out of town if I put him at the top.

:lol:

Zool
11-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Week 9

1. Kitna 94.3
2. Favre 93.3
3. Griese 76.2
4. This space for rent

No way, he played at Wisconsin. We dont hate him yet.

Bretsky
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Week 9

1. Kitna 94.3
2. Favre 93.3
3. Griese 76.2
4. This space for rent

Typical Gopher fan......aka...Badger Hater :wink:

Lurker64
11-05-2007, 09:47 AM

There are Gopher fans? I mean, Gopher football fans?

Rastak
11-05-2007, 09:48 AM

I made it until halftime Saturday night before fleeing the dome in disgust.

mngolf19
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM

I made it until halftime Saturday night before fleeing the dome in disgust.

I had already flipped the channel by that time. :x

Rastak
12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Final standings:

1.Favre 95.7 (outstanding)
2.Kitna 80.5 (very average)
3. Jackson 70.8 (terrible)
4.Grossman 66.4 (pathetic)

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Just for fun, if you include both Grossman and Griese for the Bears QB Rating they average a 71, .2 higher than the Vikes.

Rastak
12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Just for fun, if you include both Grossman and Griese for the Bears QB Rating they average a 71, .2 higher than the Vikes.

Why leave out Orton? You have to include everyone for all teams then.

GrnBay007
02-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Eli Manning lowest rated QB in Super Bowl past 20 years

What has gone overlooked is that heading into the Super Bowl, Eli Manning had the lowest quarterback rating of any quarterback in the Super Bowl the past two decades. Manning's quarterback rating last season was 73.9, tying him with Bears quarterback Rex Grossman. But that is an indication of the power of Super Bowls. With one virtuoso performance against the Patriots, Manning etched his name into football and Giants history, proving how insigificant quarterback ratings can be. -- NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=94B23B28D16E2FA93525464909173E3D? id=09000d5d80690358&template=with-video&confirm=true

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Warm weather or sos so weather I'd take Brett. Cold weather, I have no clue. :lol:

woodbuck27
02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Final standings:

1.Favre 95.7 (outstanding)
2.Kitna 80.5 (very average)
3. Jackson 70.8 (terrible)
4.Grossman 66.4 (pathetic)

Brett Favre, 2007 statistics

Att: 535 Comp: 356; Yards: 4,155; TD/INT: 28/15

Rating: 95.7

A great year to retire on.

Pacopete4
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
screw that.. he'l be back and better yet

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Eli Manning lowest rated QB in Super Bowl past 20 years

What has gone overlooked is that heading into the Super Bowl, Eli Manning had the lowest quarterback rating of any quarterback in the Super Bowl the past two decades. Manning's quarterback rating last season was 73.9, tying him with Bears quarterback Rex Grossman. But that is an indication of the power of Super Bowls. With one virtuoso performance against the Patriots, Manning etched his name into football and Giants history, proving how insigificant quarterback ratings can be. -- NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=94B23B28D16E2FA93525464909173E3D? id=09000d5d80690358&template=with-video&confirm=true

I just decided that I am in love with Sassy. MJ hates me and referred to me as a little circus boy who hasn't grown pubes. Sassy and I chatted during the Superbowl and I am switching my love ......................... omg, i am so lonely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rastak
02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
:jack:

chain_gang
02-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Favre was the class of the division again no doubt.

The only QB I saw getting significantly better as the season went on was T. Jackson, He throws a nice deep ball, has a great arm, and his accuracy really improved when teams were focused on stopping the Viking running game. I think as Jackson gains experience he'll turn out to be a good QB, (of course it'll help if Vikings Wr's stop dropping perfectly thrown deep balls), the other main concern for him is his durability. He was injured a lot this year, and it was like every game he ended up being injured. He may never be a great QB, but don't kid yourself he has the talent to be a very good or great QB, whether he has the head or not to do so remains to be seem. This next season, his third, should tell us all we need to know about him.

Quite honestly, I hope he flops.