PDA

View Full Version : Favre and Defense are fine....Offense is hurting!

PackerBlues
08-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Thompson admitted that he screwed up by not shoring up the O-line in 2005. It hurt our team in a lot of ways. The worse part of it for me was watching Favre run for his life in almost every game. It did effect his passing game, but it hurt our running game just as much. If not for Favre and Green, things would have been much uglier.

Here are a few stats from last season to think about in regards to Favre and our offense:

In 2006, Favre had a career-high 613 pass attempts, leading the league for a second straight year. Manning had 557. Brady had 516.

No big suprise as to who our top two recievers were: Driver and Jennings.
Who was our 3rd most productive reciever? Ahman Green. :whaa:

Green had 46 receptions, (which is actually one more reception than Jennings had for the year). Green ended the season with 373 recieving yards.
Ruvell Martin was our 4th best reciever, with 21 receptions for 358 yards. Then came Bubba, with 25 receptions for 232 yards.
Robert Ferguson by the way had a whopping 5 receptions for 31 total yards on the season.:evil:

As a team, GB was tied with :shock: the Texans with 431 rushing attempts. The texans gained 22 more rushing yards than the Packers, overall for the season, and 4 more rushing TD's. (This is very interesting considering that the Texans picked up Green, Barry, and Vonta Leach.)

Greenbay was ranked 23'rd in Rushing Yards, and 23'rd in Rushing TD's.

Greenbay had 9 Rushing TD's in 2006. Indy had 17, and New England had 20. At the top of the list, was SanDiego, with 32 rushing TD's in 2006.

In 2006, The Packers Offense ranked 9'th in the league with 5,458 yards of overall offense.
Greenbay was ranked 23'rd in Rushing yards, AND,( :worship: ) 8'th in passing yardage.

Favre threw 18 TD passes Compared to our Offenses 9 Rushing TD's.

Of those 9 Rushing TD's, 5 of them were ran in by Ahman Green. He had 1,059 Rushing yards with a long run of 70 yards.

Next was Morency with 2 TD runs, and a total of 421 yards for the season and a long run of 39 yards. :roll:

Noah Herron had one of the 9 rushing TD's, with a total of 150 yards for the season, and a long run of 19 yards. :clap:

That last rushing TD of the 9.........ran in by Brett Favre.
:knll:
Favres long run of the season was 14 yards. Not bad for an old man.

Looking at the stats, our scoring Offense was mainly comprised of Favre, Driver, Jennings, and Green.
Can Morency or anyone else carry the load for the season, or "step up"?
Running Back by Committee.

Bubba was not much help at all last year, and his stats were nearly twice as good as Lee's and Martin's were.
No uggrade at tight end for us though. Thanks Ted. :crazy:

Anyone here think we have any chance of getting free agent additions to the team before the season starts? Perhaps even a trade?
Or is this pretty much what we are looking at for the season?

Looking at last years stats was kind of a wake up call in regards to how much Green meant to our Offense. Can anyone really say that they are impressed with the improvements that Thompson has made to our Offense in preparing for a new season?

the_idle_threat
08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
SOS

Same old shit!

PackerBlues
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
SOS

Same old shit!

Same old shit response from you anyways. How long did it take you to think that one up braniac?

Its actually a lot of facts and stats regarding last years offense, and yes, last years offense was shit for the most part. All of that was followed by a few questions regarding the offense that this team is taking into this season. I can understand how you would see nothing but shit though, as you seem to be completely full of it yourself. :taunt:

the_idle_threat
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
:lol:

GBRulz
08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Ya know, I am going to start charging admission for this pretty soon. The gas is getting expensive.....

Get yer butts on board....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/chill-out-bus.jpg

PackerBlues
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Ya know, I am going to start charging admission for this pretty soon. The gas is getting expensive.....

Get yer butts on board....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/chill-out-bus.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favrebus.jpg

I like this bus better. :D

GBRulz
08-02-2007, 02:35 PM
as long as I can drive off with Favre, because ya know I do WORSHIP him :lol:

PackerBlues
08-02-2007, 02:37 PM

K, I will drive off with the cheer leader then, and Idle can drive off with whats left of Thompson. :glug:

BallHawk
08-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I prefer this bus......

http://blog.tagamiyouchien.jp/images/magic_schoolbus.jpg

PackerTimer
08-02-2007, 02:41 PM
There is this thing call training camp going on. Can we please start talking about football? There are those of us that support TT and there are those that don't. But come on, the time for pissing and moaning about losing Green is passed. For the first time in months there is football to talk about.

GBRulz
08-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Well, actually, I'll take TT shopping and show him how to spend money :P

PackerBlues
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Well, actually, I'll take TT shopping and show him how to spend money :P

Ha Ha Ha..... Good luck with that!

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Yup.

I'm not expecting a lot. That way I may be surprized. :)

I'm hoping for us to get a win. Then I'll hope for a second win and then. . .

The TRUTH will be exposed in wins and loss's. We must find some depth in TC or via team cuts.

I really expect that TT will have to make a trade though. There is always Cory Dillon as well, if he' ll come to Green Bay.

Bottom line. We need a running game.

Tee Thompson has to get to heads up.

PLEASE TT, do some more !

woodbuck27
08-02-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070730/PKR07/707300565/1959

It's right here:

Posted July 30, 2007

Mike Vandermause column: Lack of depth could bite Packers

By Mike Vandermause
mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com

Don't sound the alarm yet, but keep the panic button close at hand.

It's just two days into training camp, and already the Green Bay Packers' offensive skill-position situation is a muddled, injury-plagued mess. Consider these unsettling developments:

No. 1 wideout Donald Driver has a lingering sore shoulder dating to last season and has yet to practice in full pads, leaving the receiving corps in uncertain hands.

woodbuck27:

Well DD has been cleared to practise.

Vernand Morency entered camp as the No. 1 halfback on the depth chart but didn't make it out of the first practice without injuring his knee. No other halfback on the roster has started in an NFL game.

woodbuck27:

Morency is going to be out 2-3 weeks by all expectations based on reports.

By the end of practice Sunday morning, only one tight end was standing. A shaky position got even shakier when Tory Humphrey broke his ankle on Saturday and likely will miss most, if not all, of the season.

woodbuck27:

Bubba and Alcorn are looking good by the reports

Despite the carnage, no one in the Packers' front office seems overly concerned.

woodbuck27:

Good Gaud. The front office better be somewhat concerned.

"You're always an ankle sprain away from being a little bit light at one position," General Manager Ted Thompson said.

He later added: "That's my No. 1 worry in life is injuries during training camp. It's the bane of our existence in the NFL as a whole."

Thompson has been chastised for not doing enough to bolster the offense. If the injury bug continues to bite the Packers, it only will magnify his lack of offseason activity.

Building a roster includes adding depth to offset injuries, but the Packers appear woefully thin at some key positions.

Morency isn't expected to be out long, but his latest injury only creates more doubt about his durability. He missed two games last season due to injury as a part-time player. If another injury occurs, can the Packers feel confident with a stable of running backs that includes rookie Brandon Jackson, Noah Herron and P.J. Pope?

Short of signing veteran Corey Dillon or trading for San Diego Chargers backup Michael Turner, the Packers don't have many options. That's the course Thompson chose after Ahman Green departed in free agency.

"We're really looking forward to seeing how this group competes," Thompson said of his backs. "I don't have all the answers. I don't know who they're going to be. I kind of like the guys."

woodbuck27:

To compete the RB's as a whole have to be healthy and ready to contribute to the offense. There is no better time than now (in TC) to get this position stabilized, rather that wait till it's too late.

At receiver, losing Driver for any length of time is a scary proposition. Robert Ferguson is the only other receiver on the roster who has played a full season, and he has done so just once in his six-year NFL career.

woodbuck27:

WR James Jones is really showing up to date and that has to continue. We need to see a good competition bet. him and Greg Jennings for the #2 WR spot.

That's assuming that DD will be back fully to form.

Unlike Thompson's sit-tight approach, the New England Patriots were aggressive in the offseason in strengthening their receiver position. They traded for Randy Moss and Wes Welker, and signed unrestricted free agents Donte Stallworth and Kelley Washington.

Moss in particular would look good in a Packers uniform. Brett Favre expressed that opinion months ago, and cornerback Charles Woodson agrees.

"The only offseason thing I really would have liked to have got done was Randy Moss," Woodson said. "Anything else, we weren't really worried about. I think we needed another threat for Brett on the offense."

woodbuck27:

Old,. . . OLD news. We are in TC and must get ready for the Eagles.

Thompson doesn't take the criticism personally, even when it comes from team members. "If a player has a different opinion than the management, I think it's OK for them to voice that opinion," he said. "It doesn't hurt our feelings when that happens."

When asked if the criticism was unfair, Thompson replied: "I don't know that it is. We'll see after it all washes out. I just think we're a little bit better than some people might think."

woodbuck27:

Thinking isn't going to cut it. A poor record this season won't be acceptable.

Thompson's view will be put to the test, especially if injuries continue to mount.

woodbuck27:

If TT isn't getting any message then something is seriously wrong. It's not the time to be anything less than 100% pro active as our GM and not allow our record to approach what we all endured (and suffered) in 2005.

Mike Vandermause is sports editor of the Press-Gazette.

PackerBlues
08-03-2007, 08:29 AM
That was an interesting article Woodbuck. Thank you for sharing it. Nice to see that other people are showing concern for our lack of depth. That is what this post was supposed to point out to anyone with enough brains to read between the lines when confronted with all of the stats and facts in regards to last season.

While I was in fact trying to point out how much Ahman Green gave the Packers last year as far as productivity, it was not the only point I was trying to make. Looking at all of those statistics, anyone reading through them should be able to see that our offense was weak last year. They should also be able to look at Thompsons off season moves, and get an idea as to how much we can expect to improve this year. Its not that hard to figure out, and yet.........

There is this thing call training camp going on. Can we please start talking about football? There are those of us that support TT and there are those that don't. But come on, the time for pissing and moaning about losing Green is passed. For the first time in months there is football to talk about.

Yes, I agree. There is football to talk about. While you drink your Kool-aid and discuss how awesome Jones is going to be as the next Sterling Sharpe, or how Harrell is the second coming of the great Reggie White, some of us are a bit more grounded in facts. It is not bitching and moaning to point out how much production Green gave us last year. It is not bitching and moaning to ask "who is going to take his place?" Or to ask "Who do we have now, that can give us that kind of production?"

It also is not bitching and moaning to point out that Bubba was not very productive at all last year. It's a fact. Its also a fact that Bubba, sadly, was our best TE last year. Did you see any upgrades at TE?

I think it is pathetic that anytime a person asks a question involving Ted Thompson's upgrades going into next year, that person will usually get called a Thompson hater/basher, or is accused of bitching and moaning. Do stats and facts really bother you that damned much? Does it really hurt your feelings so much when someone questions Ted Thompson? Do you all have that much "Man Love" for Thompson, that you immediately start bashing anyone who questions his actions......or lack of action?

Let me point out some of the things that you should have gotten out of the facts and stats from 2006 posted above.

With the number of passes that Favre has thrown, (leading the league in passing attempts the last two years) would you say that it is safe to assume, that: our running game sucked ass? That our coaching staff didn't have enough confidence in our running game, and therefore put it all on Favre? That we were so far behind in most games that running was not an option after half-time? What? What should we get from that? With so many people crying that Favre is washed up, how is it that he has led the league in pass attemps for two straight years? Honestly, I would like to hear some opinions on this.

Green not only got his 1,000 plus yards of rushing last year, but he was also our third most productive reciever. He actually caught 1 more pass than Jennings. Not only did Thompson let him go in free agency, but he did not bother to replace him with anything more than a rookie draft pick. While it is true that we should give the rookie a chance before judging him, is it really bitching and moaning to point out that replacing Ahman Green with a rookie draft pick is pretty fucking weak? So, again, I would honestly like to hear other peoples opinions as to what they think of this. The way I see it, Thompson replaced one guy, Green, with two rookie draft picks, Jackson and Jones.

Then there is Fergy. 5 receptions for 31 yards........I really hope that our rookie wide recievers do step up, I am so sick of having this guy on our roster. Anyone else feel like he has had enough chances to prove himself?

Again, I would like to ask if anyone feels like we may still get a free agent pick up or a trade? How likely do you think it is? Is anyone impressed with what Thompson has done to improve this team over last years team, so far?

Anyone who feels like they have just read more bitching and moaning, please post elsewhere.

GrnBay007
08-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Fox Sports now has a Training Camp Power Rankings :roll: (can they possibly come up with any more types of power rankings?)

Anyway, they have the Packers at #23. And focus on this:

The current depth chart reveals a green, unproven running corps consisting of Vernand Morency, Brandon Jackson, Noah Herron and DeShawn Wynn. Two rookies and a pair of young veterans. Combined, the Green Bay backs have 683 career NFL rushing yards. That's putting a lot of faith in a bunch of untested players.

Seeing that number really makes you go, WOW!

Bretsky
08-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Then there is Fergy. 5 receptions for 31 yards........I really hope that our rookie wide recievers do step up, I am so sick of having this guy on our roster. Anyone else feel like he has had enough chances to prove himself?

I don't think anybody who has been around wants me to start in on the Fraud Again. I've been waiting for this guy to get cut for three years now.

BEARMAN
08-03-2007, 08:54 AM

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery ! :P

Bretsky
08-03-2007, 08:56 AM

Time for you to fess up and admit Rex is not the guy

The sooner Lovie admits that the sooner the Bears have a chance at the title

BallHawk
08-03-2007, 09:07 AM
(can they possibly come up with any more types of power rankings?)

Head Coach Sideline Attire Rankings?

In first place....

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/1122/pg2_w_delrio_195.jpg

In last place.....

http://www.gothamist.com/attachments/jen/2007_02_belichick.jpg

PackerTimer
08-03-2007, 10:54 AM
My problem with the post has nothing to do with your opinion of TT. My problem is that stats from last year have very little to do with the upcoming season. Green is gone. I agree with some of what you say, while I am, ultimately a TT supporter, I don't agree with every thing he does. I would not have signed Green for that money. I would have upgraded the TE position. The guys we have in camp may well surprise you running behind an experience and improved offensive line. Whether they do or not, the decision to not resign Green will be played out over the next 6 months, not last season.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Combined, the Green Bay backs have 683 career NFL rushing yards.

First of all, it's wrong. Not by much, but nice research. Morency = 613 yards. Herron = 273 yards. Those two have 886 yards between them. It's meaningless in my book. The guys can either play or they can't. Nobody knows either way. It's not like a rookie or first year starter at RB can't perform well. It's probably the easiest position on the field for a rookie to play.

Carolina_Packer
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Is there any chance that TT pulls off another trade (ala Gado for Morency) or does a camp cutdown pickup from another team to shore up the RB position if they don't seem to have it figured out by the start of the season?

BTW, has anyone had a DeShaun Wynn sighting in practice? I live in NC, so I have to live vicariously through this site (thank you Justin Harrell and other camp observers).

woodbuck27
08-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Combined, the Green Bay backs have 683 career NFL rushing yards.

First of all, it's wrong. Not by much, but nice research. Morency = 613 yards. Herron = 273 yards. Those two have 886 yards between them. It's meaningless in my book. The guys can either play or they can't. Nobody knows either way. It's not like a rookie or first year starter at RB can't perform well. It's probably the easiest position on the field for a rookie to play.

We have the 18th ranked OL in the NFL entering 2007.

We had to see a lot of over compensation on the part of the backfield and TE's forced into maximum protection of Favre, and to help him buy time to make a successful pass.

Favre had to scramble for his life a lot last season. Difficult to do proper checkdowns while scrambling. Favre's number of pass's last season for his age is just ridiculous.

Do we have that punishing RB that will be able to break tackles and extend his run?

Do we have the RB that will be able to bust through the oppositions DL on goal line stands?

Do we have sure handed RB's that can slip away fr. a blocking assignment and bale Favre out with the short pass?

Who are these RB's now in our TC?

If the OL actually can operate as a five man front? Then we will have more flexibility to properly utilize our RB's and TE ( TE's appears out of the equasion).

The questions that will be answered soon and certainly this season are based on the efficiency of our OL and the skill level and strengh of our assembly of RB's.

Brohm
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Wynn has been fighting a bad stomach virus since the start of camp and has not been able to practice. Just heard an interview with him yesterday on WSSP and he should be up and running again soon.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:18 AM

haha, Bearman! I won't even get into the topic of Wrex! Except to say that he certainly deserved SB MVP more so than Manning!

Fritz
08-04-2007, 09:45 AM

I don't think anybody who has been around wants me to start in on the Fraud Again. I've been waiting for this guy to get cut for three years now.

Do it!

BEARMAN
08-04-2007, 10:11 AM

Even "if" you are right, (I am not saying you are) I have to back the guy Lovie is going with ! Read my lips, Lovie says Rex is our QB ! So, I ride with Rex till the wheels fall off. What else is a fan to do ? In my book, you dance with who ya brung. :shock:

woodbuck27
08-04-2007, 03:46 PM

Even "if" you are right, (I am not saying you are) I have to back the guy Lovie is going with ! Read my lips, Lovie says Rex is our QB ! So, I ride with Rex till the wheels fall off. What else is a fan to do ? In my book, you dance with who ya brung. :shock:

Our Aaron Rodgers may soon (of a manner) be your Rex Grossman?

Actually (if my info. is correct) your OL and Rex Grossman were not all that bad RE: the pass weighed against all NFL teams. Your OL in regards to the run ranked 27th and the pass 12th.

Your bigger problems are with the run this season now that Thomas Jones has departed. I believe this may well be the case.

KYPack
08-04-2007, 10:14 PM

Go ahead pal, attack the shit out of him.

We all just hang back and allow you the fun of getting on his ass.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2007, 09:11 AM

Yeah, there's a well publicized picture of KGB "dancing" with Rex around here somewhere.......

Scott Campbell
08-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Do stats and facts really bother you that damned much?

Do you mean like these?

Thompson came to town, and he did not care about keeping anyone. Every move he made was made to cut salaries.

Either you're for the use of stats and facts, or you're not. But you really ought to pick one story, and stick with it.

the_idle_threat
08-05-2007, 11:20 PM

Yeah, there's a well publicized picture of KGB "dancing" with Rex around here somewhere.......

You don't mean this one, do you ... :D

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/the_idle_threat/beardown.jpg

GrnBay007
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
That'd be dirty dancin :shock:

:P

PackerBlues
08-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Do stats and facts really bother you that damned much?

Do you mean like these?

Thompson came to town, and he did not care about keeping anyone. Every move he made was made to cut salaries.

Either you're for the use of stats and facts, or you're not. But you really ought to pick one story, and stick with it.

Ya know SC, we already went over this. Anybody with half a brain could tell the difference between a stat/fact, and an opinion. People will sometimes throw an opinion out there, and sometimes back it up with stats/facts. All things considered, I am not at all surprised that you do not have the ability to tell the difference. I never see you express an opinion of your own, and in effect, I have not seen you use stats/facts to back up an opinion. Normally, your posts seem to involve attacking other people who actually do have opinions to share.

Perhaps this statement was off:

But if you had enough brains to take that statement in context with the rest of my post, you would realize that what I was getting at, was simply that Ted did not think about the long term effect of dismantling our O-line without having a plan in place to shore up the O-line. Thompson himself admitted that it was one of his biggest mistake.

But that is ok Scott, keep taking things that other people say out of context to fit your limited point of view. It just shows how little you have to contribute to a conversation, right along with your inability to express any thoughts or opinions of your own. If nothing else, reading your attempts to take cheap shots at other peoples opinions is great for a really good laugh.
Keep up the good work. :bclap:

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
It just shows how little you have to contribute to a conversation, right along with your inability to express any thoughts or opinions of your own.

Well there you go again. Another lie/exaggeration. 3300 posts to choose from. Are you absolutely sure you can't find one thought or opinion? Not even one?

So are you one of those habitual liars, or just a generic fish story sort of liar?

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I have to agree with Idle, this thread is pretty much your SOS. Nothing new and substantive.

PackerBlues
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
I have to agree with Idle, this thread is pretty much your SOS. Nothing new and substantive.

Yes, and I can thank you and the other idiot for making it that way. Anytime someone wants to discuss something that you dont, instead of simply not responding to the post, you let loose with one of your petty simplistic attacks. Rather than just ignore the posts, you both show your lack of intelligence by responding with shit like "BAM" or "SOS". Get a life loser.

Well there you go again. Another lie/exaggeration. 3300 posts to choose from. Are you absolutely sure you can't find one thought or opinion? Not even one?

Nothing of intelligence I am sure. More than likely, just 3300 plus postings of personal attacks and stupidity. I would not waste my time.

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM

Yes, and I can thank you and the other idiot for making it that way.

You're welcome. :taunt:

PackerBlues
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Yes, and I can thank you and the other idiot for making it that way.

You're welcome. :taunt:

have to admit......i do like your sense of humor though. :glug: