PDA

View Full Version : Optimus Prime

Partial
08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Did any of you guys see the Transformers movie? I thought it was a pretty bad ass take on a cartoon/toy I watched/played with constantly as a child.

It was funny enough, the love story was actually decent, Megan Fox was wayyyy hot, and they used the original voice for Optimus Prime which was cool. Also, the special effects were ridiculous. The transformations were really cool, but in typical Michael Bay fashion he was too busy moving the camera all over the damn place to actually see all the pieces/parts move into their positions.

I thought it was rather Bazaar that Bumblebee could turn from that huge ass robot down into a camaro. Also, why didn't they use a VW bug for him?!? I think GM must have funded the movie since other than Optimus every autobot was a GM vehicle.

Zool
08-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Did any of you guys see the Transformers movie? I thought it was a pretty bad ass take on a cartoon/toy I watched/played with constantly as a child.

It was funny enough, the love story was actually decent, Megan Fox was wayyyy hot, and they used the original voice for Optimus Prime which was cool. Also, the special effects were ridiculous. The transformations were really cool, but in typical Michael Bay fashion he was too busy moving the camera all over the damn place to actually see all the pieces/parts move into their positions.

I thought it was rather Bazaar that Bumblebee could turn from that huge ass robot down into a camaro. Also, why didn't they use a VW bug for him?!? I think GM must have funded the movie since other than Optimus every autobot was a GM vehicle.
GM did fund the movie. The only part of the movie i can say i didnt like was the fact that they can change into other things by scanning them, and the really super cheese dialog by the Autobots. When Optimus said "my bad"....

Other than that, great action movie. I had every Autobot as a kid, and it was cool to see them stick fairly close to the original series.

the_idle_threat
08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I enjoyed it.

Also saw Live Free or Die Hard this week, and enjoyed that even more. Some outstanding lines in that movie.

Partial, you might enjoy the fact that one of the stars is the "Mac" guy from the Apple commercials. :P

Partial
08-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I enjoyed it.

Also saw Live Free or Die Hard this week, and enjoyed that even more. Some outstanding lines in that movie.

Partial, you might enjoy the fact that one of the stars is the "Mac" guy from the Apple commercials. :P

Bruce Willis is actually a hardcore Mac user himself. But yes, I hear that is a great movie. Evidentally Bruce pummels a women senseless.

Little Whiskey
08-02-2007, 08:36 PM
how do they explain bumble bee being a camaro instead of a VW? kinda like make prime a dump truck instead of a peterbuilt?

i'm debating between transformers and Borne ultimatium. any thoughts?

the_idle_threat
08-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Evidentally Bruce pummels a women senseless.

Easy there, Ike Turner! :!:

This is true, and even though the female character essentially "deserved it," I wouldn't call that scene a high point of the movie.

I guess I'm a little too sexist yet to deal with a female villain. It didn't help that she was really tiny---it was like he was beating up a child, albeit one with ninja fighting skills. I found it awkward to watch in an otherwise enjoyable flick.

Kiwon
08-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I saw "Transformers" a couple of weeks ago in Thailand. It was okay, but I really didn't care for the lead actor. He's the guy from "Holes" and "I, Robot." The SFX were pretty cool.

LW, the Bourne movie is supposed to be top-notch. I'd go to that one first. I hate Matt Damon's politics ("U.S. soldiers are basically poor, uneducated dead end guys with nowhere else to go") but the nitwit is a good actor. More than that, the storyline is compelling and the action scenes are well done.

Partial
08-03-2007, 05:03 AM
Evidentally Bruce pummels a women senseless.

Easy there, Ike Turner! :!:

This is true, and even though the female character essentially "deserved it," I wouldn't call that scene a high point of the movie.

I guess I'm a little too sexist yet to deal with a female villain. It didn't help that she was really tiny---it was like he was beating up a child, albeit one with ninja fighting skills. I found it awkward to watch in an otherwise enjoyable flick.

Right I don't know of it as a high point, but my friend said it was weird seeing a woman just get outright nailed by a guy. I've never seen that happen before other than in Total Recall when Arnold punches Sharon Stone in the jaw.

Kiwon
08-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Don't forget, she kicked him unconscious first.