PDA

View Full Version : Family Night

MJZiggy
08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Who's going?

GBRulz
08-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Not going, but I walk over and watch the fireworks afterwards. That is one of the most spectacular sights.... watching the fireworks as you're sitting outside the stadium. Maybe I'll drag the tri-pod along and take some pics.

GBRulz
08-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Thought I'd mention this also, for those able to watch on TV.....

If you are not attending, Family Night will be televised state-wide on the following FOX stations: WLUK - Green Bay; WITI - Milwaukee; WMSN - Madison; WLAX - La Crosse; WEUX - Eau Claire; WFXS - Wausau.

* Nationally, Family Night will be aired on NFL Network. (at 10 pm CST)

MJZiggy
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
No one's going?

pittstang5
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
When is it?

BallHawk
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
When is it?

I think it's tomorrow.

LL2
08-03-2007, 04:32 PM

If you are not attending, Family Night will be televised state-wide on the following FOX stations: WLUK - Green Bay; WITI - Milwaukee; WMSN - Madison; WLAX - La Crosse; WEUX - Eau Claire; WFXS - Wausau.

I'd like top be able to figure out to pick up these stations signals from the Chicago area so I can watch. Maybe the techies will know how.

bf043xmvp
08-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I went last year with my 7 yo Son. Good first Lambeau experience for him.

the_idle_threat
08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, bf043xmvp! Sounds like you're raising your little one right. :pack:

MJZiggy
08-03-2007, 05:14 PM
They're not messing around here...

Packers Family Night Set For Saturday
The Green Bay Packers and Lambeau Field are preparing for Saturday's seventh edition of 'Packers Family Night, Presented by Fox 11.'

For the general public, the parking lot to Lambeau Field will open at 7 a.m. The Lambeau Field Atrium, the Packers Hall of Fame and Frozen and Time will open at 9 a.m., followed by the Packers Pro Shop and Packers Pro Shop Extra Points at 9:30 a.m. The Atrium eateries will open at 10:30, with Curly's Pub and the Hall of Fame Grill following at 11 a.m.

The Atrium and its businesses will close at 2 p.m. to prepare for 'Family Night.' Stadium Tours will not be offered due to preparations for the event.

'Family Night' operations get underway at 3:45 p.m. with the opening of the Atrium, its restaurants and businesses, and stadium gates. In-stadium entertainment begins at 5 p.m. with the showing of the team's highlights film, "Pride and Progress." At 6 p.m., on-field entertainment begins with Pop Warner football teams and a Frisbee dog demonstration.

The Packers will take the field at 6:30 p.m. and run through various practice drills before returning to the locker room at 7:15 for a brief pre-scrimmage break. Also on the field, the popular mascot games will take place at 6:45 p.m. At 7:15 p.m., when the team returns to the locker room, the Oneida Nation Dancers will perform as renowned artist Brian Olsen also works on a large canvas artwork.

The scrimmage will "kick off" at approximately 7:45 p.m. A spectacular fireworks show will conclude the night.

BallHawk
08-03-2007, 06:42 PM

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

How is it I'm like the only person who's never been to Lambeau here?

It's an outrage. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Rastak
08-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Oh, don't feel bad, I've never been there either..... :wink:

Hey, I'd give you my ticket.....unless it costs me over 200 bucks or something.

BallHawk
08-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Well, at least you've been to a high quality football stadium like the Metr......

Never mind. :wink:

Rastak
08-03-2007, 07:26 PM

Well, at least you've been to a high quality football stadium like the Metr......

Never mind. :wink:

:D :D

Yea, Lambeau sounds pretty cool....no flame war here. BUT, I do get to see 10 NFL games live each year which isn't all bad.

Actually, about 5 of them WERE bad last year. The Vikes laid a giant egg against the Jets and I went to the game after running a 103 temp all night the night before, by the end of the game I had to go to the hospital with a 104 temp. Against the Rams they rolled over and died. At the wifes urging, we left in the 3rd quarter which is something I never thought I'd do.

Ah, but I digress.....sorry...thread jack........back to your regularly scheduled thread......

GBRulz
08-03-2007, 07:44 PM

There are lots on people who have never been to Lambeau. I even know people here in GB who have never been to Lambeau!! THAT is an outrage...lol. Besides, BH, I thought you were only 14? It's not like you should be a world traveler by that age!

GBRulz
08-03-2007, 07:45 PM

I'd like top be able to figure out to pick up these stations signals from the Chicago area so I can watch. Maybe the techies will know how.

Well, it is on the NFL Network, too. That's national. Unless you have a damn cable provider that doesn't carry it.

Packers4Ever
08-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Ballhawk, you're not the only one never to have set foot in Lambeau,

neither have I. Not only an outrage, it's a disgrace !! :lol:

bf043xmvp welcome! Good to have you on board. Come visit often !

BallHawk
08-03-2007, 10:53 PM
I even know people here in GB who have never been to Lambeau!! THAT is an outrage...lol.

That is one thing I could never understand. If you're going to put up with Green Bay's God awful winters, you better damn well be a Packer fan that goes to Lambeau at least once a year.

Once Global Warming turns Whitefish Bay into Cancun (which I figure will be about 10 years) I'll get a place there and drive two hours every weekend up to Green Bay. Not going to deprive myself like my Dad did.

Actually, when my Dad first moved here, he was a Vikings fan. :oops: :oops: :oops:

RashanGary
08-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Do you guys think there will be tackling??

BallHawk
08-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Do you guys think there will be tackling??

It's a scrimmage, I assume they would tackle.

Rastak
08-04-2007, 04:07 AM
I even know people here in GB who have never been to Lambeau!! THAT is an outrage...lol.

That is one thing I could never understand. If you're going to put up with Green Bay's God awful winters, you better damn well be a Packer fan that goes to Lambeau at least once a year.

Once Global Warming turns Whitefish Bay into Cancun (which I figure will be about 10 years) I'll get a place there and drive two hours every weekend up to Green Bay. Not going to deprive myself like my Dad did.

Actually, when my Dad first moved here, he was a Vikings fan. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good man.

KYPack
08-04-2007, 07:25 AM
There's tackling.

No to very little kicking.

No coach wants special teams play. It's a necessary evil.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:06 AM

Hopefully he's off the drugs now! :smk:

Fritz
08-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Seems like every year there's a player who stands out on Family Night, gets everybody buzzing, then disappears. Last year it was Abdul Hodge.

Wonder who it will be this year.

4and12to12and4
08-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I went last year with my wife and two teenage daughters. It was a great experience. It is unbelievable to see the stadium jam packed and stand to a rising ovation when the players are announced out onto the field. Plus, they do enough with the jumbo screen and the music to make it very entertaining for wife and kids. I can't go this year, but will someone tell me what day and time the NFL Network is going to have it?

woodbuck27
08-04-2007, 03:20 PM

I've only been there in my heart. :)

MJZiggy
08-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I went last year with my wife and two teenage daughters. It was a great experience. It is unbelievable to see the stadium jam packed and stand to a rising ovation when the players are announced out onto the field. Plus, they do enough with the jumbo screen and the music to make it very entertaining for wife and kids. I can't go this year, but will someone tell me what day and time the NFL Network is going to have it?

It's tonight, I believe either 10:00 or 11:00...

Lurker64
08-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Is there going to be a radio broadcast of family night that I can listen to online somewhere?

MJZiggy
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Check Westwood One.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:00 PM
will someone tell me what day and time the NFL Network is going to have it?

I posted this earlier in this thread. Not sure where you live but even if outside of WI, you can catch it on NFL Network

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Anyone else watching it right now? They are interviewing M3, talking about his relationship with Favre. It sounds like those two are pretty close and how they both have daughters near the same age (15 & 18) and that is a very common ground for them. Nice chat though.

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Don't rub it in.

Some of us are NORDO.

I'm going to keep watching the Calgary v. Edmonton game until I go to the sports bar to watch the delayed broadcast on NFLN.

My assessments and comments will also be delayed.

I will miss the Dog Frisbee/Pop Warner pregame show.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Now they are interviewing Terrance Murphy. I didn't know that this year he is doing an intern as a RB coach with GB? Anyhow, sounds like the Packers are really helping him out with a start on the coaching side because that is what he really wants to do. He loves football and wants to be involved somehow.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:20 PM
This artist has 15 minutes to complete a painting, which they will be auctioning off later. He is finger painting and so far it looks like something of Favre. The guy is amazing. Here is some of his work.

I'm sure the NFL Network won't show any of this pre-game stuff, but at least some of you will get to see the scrimmage anyhow.

http://www.brianolsenart.com/gui/Paintings.html

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Former Packer Henry Burris has a TD pass for Calgary....

Calgary up 17-8. Ooooo I wish I had live coverage of Family NIght.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I must be out of the loop, is Bubba injured? he's not suited up.

Packnut
08-04-2007, 07:37 PM
I must be out of the loop, is Bubba injured? he's not suited up.

Yep, he has a scratched eye.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Haha, they are introducing the coaches and Shotty caught a few boo's....

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Bubba has a scratched eyeball.

is Miree or Harris playing?

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:41 PM
They haven't started yet, but I am pretty sure I saw them both suited up at least, so I would say yes.

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Any word on non-participants would be appreciated.

cuqui
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
from the GBPG:

Cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Al Harris both are sitting out tonight's scrimmage. Neither had missed a mandatory practice in training camp, though Woodson had sat out some periods this week.

The Packers got a little help for the scrimmage with the return of tight end Zac Alcorn, who sat out Friday because of foot problems.

That gives the Packers three tight ends, including Donald Lee and former basketball player Joe Werner. Rookie Clark Harris (ankle) and Bubba Franks (eye) are not in uniform.

Linebacker Rory Johnson (abdomen) and running back Vernand Morency (knee) also are out.

Cornerback Antonio Malone (knee) is in uniform.

GBRulz
They are just doing kickoff's now. Rayner going 2 and 3 yards deep in the endzone each time. Blackmon and Jackson returning kicks.... Hard to tell with this drill because it is the only drill where there isn't tackling (special teams)

Packnut
Any word on non-participants would be appreciated.

Here ya go.

Cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Al Harris both are sitting out tonight's scrimmage. Neither had missed a mandatory practice in training camp, though Woodson had sat out some periods this week.

The Packers got a little help for the scrimmage with the return of tight end Zac Alcorn, who sat out Friday because of foot problems.

That gives the Packers three tight ends, including Donald Lee and former basketball player Joe Werner. Rookie Clark Harris (ankle) and Bubba Franks (eye) are not in uniform.

Linebacker Rory Johnson (abdomen) and running back Vernand Morency (knee) also are out.

Cornerback Antonio Malone (knee) is in uniform.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:48 PM
RB drills now. Jackson is going nowhere. Herron had a nice little gain. Pickett tackling well

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Favre to Driver TD. A red zone TD, even!

I know Harrell has injuries to shake off, but I'm not impressed so far. He's out there with the first string D

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Favre is spreading the ball around well. Lee had a nice catch.

Wow, Favre threw a bomb to Driver, who came down with it.... Welker got burned.

CaliforniaCheez
It's still 103 degrees outside and I won't get my car cooled down before I get to the sports bar.

vince
Thanks for the continued updates GB!

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Jackson ran in a TD from the 1 against the 2nd team D. Did his first Lambeau Leap. Wow, it really looks like the players have to jump a little higher to get up there this year. I think I remember reading that some spots were going to be lower from the field due to the new grass, plastic, etc ...whatever their field is made of this year, lol.

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
They're picking up a bunch of 3 and 4 yard runs. The offense just looks good. I'm a defense guy so I shouldn't be too excited but my shallow, offense loving foe's should have something to feel optimistic about here.

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
They're picking up a bunch of 3 and 4 yard runs. The offense just looks good. I'm a defense guy so I shouldn't be too excited but my shallow, offense loving foe's should have something to feel optimistic about here.

Just generic at this point.

Rodgers and Martin have yet to play....

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Bodiford just had a nice kickoff return before Rayner knocked him out of bounds. Rayner's kickoffs were decent. Now our other kicker is kicking....

WOW....Clowny just ran a kickoff back for a TD. Holy shit is that guy fast.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Here comes A Rod....

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
sacked

vince
08-04-2007, 08:05 PM
sacked by who?

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Jenkins.

2nd team O is just not moving the ball. A drop by Fergy...WHY is he still on this team

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
oh, they got a first down because of a pass int call on Manuel

vince
08-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Jenkins.

2nd team O is just not moving the ball. A drop by Fergy...WHY is he still on this teamhttp://www.transactive.ca/Resources/Images/fraud.gif
Cut Manual too...

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:11 PM
It's tough to judge play when the 2nd team O is playing the 1st string D, but Rodgers looks horrible. he is over throwing players left and right.

CaliforniaCheez
08-04-2007, 08:12 PM
2nd team O is just not moving the ball. A drop by Fergy...WHY is he still on this team

Air on Rodgers

Heir apparent or apparent error??

oh, they got a first down because of a pass int call on Manuel

I hope Ted is gathering in that information!!

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:15 PM
TT is on the field not far behind Rodgers, actually.

So far, all the receivers (minus Fraud) look really good.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:17 PM
J Bush making some excellent defensive plays

Favre4
08-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Sounds like you have an axe to grind.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Sounds like you have an axe to grind.

Are you referring to Fergy? Yes, he's useless.

Favre4
08-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Say what you want about him but he has good hands

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
TT is on the field not far behind Rodgers, actually.

So far, all the receivers (minus Fraud) look really good.

I agree. Most impressive unit so far.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Say what you want about him but he has good hands

Well, he's had two drops tonight already.

Partial
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Alright guys I am going to review the game later (I taped it due to work), make some notes, and post my thoughts.

vince
08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Alright guys I am going to review the game later (I taped it due to work), make some notes, and post my thoughts.Looking forward to it...

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
One of the best battles is going to be for the #3 WR position. So far, I see Jones, Martin and Holiday all having a legitimate shot.

The kicking battle seems to be pretty close, too. Although unless Crosby really outshines Rayner, I think they will keep Rayner.

Favre back on the field... also having a great night.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Herron is really the only RB so far to break any holes. Like I said before, the first team offense is moving the ball well

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:28 PM
On D, Jenkins is really standing out. Having a great night out there.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
uggg, Favre threw a bad pass...picked off by Collins.

On that note...it's time to make some dinner!

vince
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
On D, Jenkins is really standing out. Having a great night out there.Was Manuel the starting SS?

Iron Mike
08-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Herron is really the only RB so far to break any holes. Like I said before, the first team offense is moving the ball well

I'm thinking DeShawn Wynn looks like a load to bring down. He might look good bowling into a tired defense if we can manage to maintain a lead this year.

Iron Mike
08-04-2007, 08:47 PM
That Bjork dude is getting a lot of face time. :roll:

Iron Mike
08-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I didn't know QB Thompson was black. :oops:

OS PA
08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Blackmon has some hands on him.

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
I agree GBM, I think it's Jones, Martin and Holliday as our 3, 4 and 5 in some order. The other guys are battling for the last spot.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:24 PM
JH - tell me that Drew Smith from Fox news isn't the most annoying person EVER.

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 09:26 PM
The first team offense looked good. The pass protection looked good. The run blocking had one bad one, a couple really nice ones and some 3/4 yd gains mixed in there. They looked really solid all the way around.

I'm looking forward to seeing how our #1 offensive line matches up against Pittsburgh. They looked pretty good tonight, but I want to see more.

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 09:27 PM

haha. . . I agree. His hair is horrible and he needs a tan.

Rastak
08-04-2007, 09:28 PM
The first team offense looked good. The pass protection looked good. The run blocking had one bad one, a couple really nice ones and some 3/4 yd gains mixed in there. They looked really solid all the way around.

I'm looking forward to seeing how our #1 offensive line matches up against Pittsburgh. They looked pretty good tonight, but I want to see more.

When and where is your first preseason game? Vikes play Friday at home against the Rams. I'll be at that one.

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Next Saterday in Pittsburgh. I'm really hoping the Oline plays well. I sound repetitive, but I think they are the key to our running game, the key to our redzone offense and therefor the key to our season.

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Have fun at the Rams game. They don't have a very good defense so hopefully (for you anyway) Jackson can get something going.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Whoever gets this jersey better hide it on their way out! (Favre's)

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Herron did look good. It's going to be hard to cut him. I think we keep four tailbacks this year. I'm guessing Morency, Jackson, Pope and Herron. I think Herron will be our third down back becuase he seems like the most reliable blocker.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:37 PM
OMG, some little kid won Favre's GAME USED jersey from tonight and he is wearing it. Oh lord, my son...that should be tucked neatly in a bag and taken somewhere for framing !!!

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:38 PM
you guys can go to fox11online.com and signup to win Driver's jersey from tonight.

Fred's Slacks
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
I agree GBM, I think it's Jones, Martin and Holliday as our 3, 4 and 5 in some order. The other guys are battling for the last spot.

If Bodiford keeps up the kick returns, it will be difficult to cut him. I know ST wasn't full contact but you could tell he has that quickness and wiggle that makes a good return man. He also made some catches that won't hurt his cause either.

I was glad to see Jennings make some plays. Everyone was talking like he was having a disappointing camp.

PlantPage55

haha. . . I agree. His hair is horrible and he needs a tan.

And I need his job.

He called Paul Thompson, Paul Johnson. Come on! I NEVER screw up names and yet I hear all these guys that obviously don't love or spend as much time on the Packers with these jobs for God knows what reason.

I mean, guys like us, we actually know 3rd string/practice squad players because we LOVE the team and read about them. Not because we look at a note sheet with the roster on it while the game is going on.

:evil:

GBRulz
Next Saterday in Pittsburgh. I'm really hoping the Oline plays well. I sound repetitive, but I think they are the key to our running game, the key to our redzone offense and therefor the key to our season.

I agree, I've said many times that this season is going to hinge on these guys really coming together. The last thing we want are more guys having to stay back to block.

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:44 PM

If Bodiford keeps up the kick returns, it will be difficult to cut him. I know ST wasn't full contact but you could tell he has that quickness and wiggle that makes a good return man. He also made some catches that won't hurt his cause either.

I was glad to see Jennings make some plays. Everyone was talking like he was having a disappointing camp.

Did you see Clowny's return for a TD tonight? From what I saw, the return battle just kicked up a notch between Bodiford and Clowny......

GBRulz
08-04-2007, 09:45 PM
ok running outside to watch the fireworks...

KYPack
08-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanx for the "game thread" GBM.

Great hearing about Clowney's return. We've had so many return guys bust lately, a burner like this kid could help. I already relegated the kid to the PS in another thread.

That's right, you can't read this, you're out in the street watching the show!

Fred's Slacks
08-04-2007, 10:09 PM

Did you see Clowny's return for a TD tonight? From what I saw, the return battle just kicked up a notch between Bodiford and Clowny......

Yeah, I saw that too. His speed is impressive and I am not saying that because he outran the kicker. I saw him burn Collins on the "Inside Training Camp" show on NFL network. The QB didn't get him the ball but Clowney ran by him and was pulling away. Collins is one of our fastest DB's so I was impressed. He definitely has speed. He doesn't seem as controlled as Bodiford though and word is he has some trouble fielding kicks. As of right now I am looking at Clowney as a Practice Squad guy. Hopefully he can develop into a weapon.

woodbuck27
08-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks GBM,JH,Fred's Slacks and Iron Mike (and anyone I missed) for covering here what you observed.

We seem to have some targets at WR and Fergy has to kick in. Bodiford may be ready?

How did Jon Ryan look?

On a scale of 1-10. How about Marquis Manuel?

How about Aaron Rouse, Korey Hall (did any FB's or TE"s impress you)?

How about some more on Will Blackmon?

Seems like Noah Herron will stick?

How did the LBers look? I'm not hearing a lot on this unit fr. TC to date.

pack4to84
08-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks GBM,JH,Fred's Slacks and Iron Mike (and anyone I missed) for covering here what you observed.

We seem to have some targets at WR and Fergy has to kick in. Bodiford may be ready?

How did Jon Ryan look?

On a scale of 1-10. How about Marquis Manuel?

How about Aaron Rouse, Korey Hall (did any FB's or TE"s impress you)?

How about some more on Will Blackmon?

Seems like Noah Herron will stick?

How did the LBers look? I'm not hearing a lot on this unit fr. TC to date.

Thanks :)On a sweep play to the left Aaron Rouse put a nice hit on the unlucky RB. He looks big. Intimidating for a safety. As for Manuel I don't see him as the start come opening day. Atari looks like he is pushing him hard for the starting job.

pack4to84
08-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I was impressed with Rodgers he looks ready. He has a good arm with a quick release. He has improved his foot work too. Feeling the rush a lot better then last year. He made some very good decisions too under pressure. Once on a inside LB blitz he found Jackson in the flat and turned into 20 yard gain.
Jackson brings a new dimension to the passing game. Earlier he ran a post pattern from the left side of the formation for 17yds down to the one yard line.
Jackson made a nice diving catch.

woodbuck27
08-04-2007, 11:09 PM
I was impressed with Rodgers he looks ready. He has a good arm with a quick release. He has improved his foot work too. Feeling the rush a lot better then last year. He made some very good decisions too under pressure. Once on a inside LB blitz he found Jackson in the flat and turned into 20 yard gain.
Jackson brings a new dimension to the passing game. Earlier he ran a post pattern from the left side of the formation for 17yds down to the one yard line.
Jackson made a nice diving catch.

Good stuff.

Thanks. :)

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 11:26 PM

Do we have the sixth WR spot narrowed down to Bodiford and Clowny?

RashanGary
08-04-2007, 11:29 PM
I said the 1st team run blocking was pretty good and I heard Johnny Gray say he thought the run blocking was poor. I agree that the run blocking sucked on the 2nd and 3rd team offense but I thought the first team did pretty well.

I still want to see a lot more of that. We'll have to wait till next Saturday.

As far as Korey Hall, Woodbuck, he had a nice catch where he picked up like 12 yds. Other than that he didn't stand out which is usually a good thing for a full back.

The Leaper
08-04-2007, 11:31 PM
The thing that stands out to me is how much more crisp the play is this year compared to last year. I remember watching Family Night last year and thinking several times that I may as well be suiting up out there with all the sloppy play. It actually looked like an NFL team out there this year...which was nice to see.

The defensive line looks impressive...very impressive. However, the biggest surprise IMO was the DBs. Even without Harris and Woodson, the coverage was pretty solid for the most part, especially on short routes where there were a lot of immediate tackles after a catch. Some pretty big hits from the DBs too...Bigby, Rouse and #38 (forget his name) had some pops.

The offense had their moments. The running game was so-so. However, the OL looked more competant in pass protection and didn't have too many major breakdowns. QBs looked accurate for the most part...made some bad decisions on the INTs though.

The Leaper
08-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Great hearing about Clowney's return. We've had so many return guys bust lately, a burner like this kid could help. I already relegated the kid to the PS in another thread.

Don't worry KY.

Bodiford also looked pretty good on returns, and he is far more capable as a receiver if we keep a 6th WR. There is virtually no chance Clowney makes this roster unless he starts looking like Desmond Howard on returns in the preseason games.

GBRulz
08-05-2007, 12:19 AM

Don't worry KY.

Bodiford also looked pretty good on returns, and he is far more capable as a receiver if we keep a 6th WR. There is virtually no chance Clowney makes this roster unless he starts looking like Desmond Howard on returns in the preseason games.

Well, he was looking Desmond Howard-like tonight when he ran one back for a TD.

I'm really looking forward to the WR battle through the pre-season though. We basically have spots 3-6 (if we keep 6) open. from what i've seen so far, I like Jones at #3, Martin at #4, Holiday #5 and Clowny at #6. I guess I'm not hooked on Bodiford yet. and for Fergy? Good riddance. This guy has had more than enough chances to prove himself, time to cut the ties and move on.

I was glad to see Rodgers improve as the scrimmage went on. He was all over the place in the beginning, but seemed to settle down a bit and make some nice throws.

All in all, I must say that this team seems to be alot more together than they were last year at this time. The one area that worries me is our running game though.

Looking forward to the pre-season.

Bretsky
08-05-2007, 12:26 AM

Hey Welcome to the Board !

HarveyWallbangers
08-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Sounds like Jackson was really involved in the passing game for some long gains. What were your impressions?

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2007, 01:56 AM
I went to the sports bar but I could not have sound as the Giants Padres game was on. California and gee whiz Bonds might have gotten up to bat.

Some old drunk Yahoo kept asking me questions and distracting me. If the jerk thought he new the Packers better than me why was he asking questions??

Anyway, thanks to GBRulz, I knew when the Clowney return was going to happen and I told the guy to watch this new exciting rookie return man.
He was amazed and then thought I might be right about Brett being a good QB. He somehow had forgotten that the Packers won the game with the 49'ers last year.

Some chick kept bothering me too. The more you want them to get lost the more they hang around in the common short black dress. I just don't have the time.

Anyway I could not see who was trying to block Jenkins when he was making so many plays?? Could some one let me know?

I had heard bad things about Blackmon and Jolly which now are somewhat dispelled. They each had a good night.

Rogers was not as sharp as the blatant propaganda from Bob McGinn says he is.

Herron is on the right side of the bubble and Wynn is on the wrong side.

The kicking game is not as strong as reported. Both kickers had misses but Raynor is ahead by more than enough.

Brett looked great until a real bonehead throw to Collins. Collins did no work the throw came right to him as he just set in the zone.

Expect the Packers to cut to the bone on the O-line. No PS potential players there. Palmer's snap over Ingle's head was a real low point.

I'll have to review my notes further in the morning. I may be able to read my handwriting better without the beer goggles.

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Sounds like Jackson was really involved in the passing game for some long gains. What were your impressions?

Get me angry! The fool during the 2 minute drill made a big rookie mistake. On a long gain he did not get out of bounds but went inside getting an additional 4 yards from Tramon Williams. That forced Rodgers to burn a timeout.

The rookie should get scolded that stopping the clock is better than 4 more yards with the clock running and linemen running to the new line of scrimmage while Rodgers is hopping up and down signaling timeout. Not a professional scene.

Rookies!!

BallHawk
08-05-2007, 08:28 AM

Get me angry! The fool during the 2 minute drill made a big rookie mistake. On a long gain he did not get out of bounds but went inside getting an additional 4 yards from Tramon Williams. That forced Rodgers to burn a timeout.

The rookie should get scolded that stopping the clock is better than 4 more yards with the clock running and linemen running to the new line of scrimmage while Rodgers is hopping up and down signaling timeout. Not a professional scene.

Rookies!!

As long as he learns his lesson and doesn't do it again, better now then later.

KYPack
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
[quote=HarveyWallbangers]
Rookies!!

"Rookies get you beat"

V Lombardi

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
I think that play during the 2 minute drill demonstrated the both the potential and limitations of Jackson. He went from great draft pick to dumb rookie but will be much better next year. We really should be happy he is as good as he is.

I have high hopes for him but as a rookie we will have to expect the occaisional mistake.

woodbuck27
08-05-2007, 04:10 PM
CaliforniaCheez.

That's the real reporting that we need here. Great stuff.

CaliforniaCheez
08-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks here is some more. One should not watch the scrimmage and write at the same time. Notes are tough to read the next day.

Some players like Jenkins, Jolly, Tramon Williams, Bodiford, Blackmon, and Blomvall really exceeded expectations.

Some in limited time did good things like Bishop having a nice tackle. Bjork was okay. Goodwell make a couple of tackles. Holiday had some nice catches and came real close on good effort keeping feet inbounds. Devon Hicks had a couple of good pass rushes but I did not see who was attempting to block him. Hunter still has speed.

Some in limited action made mistakes like Brewster in motion on a play was so animated that you knew the play was going to him. You can't telegraph plays like that. Wynn dropped a pass on his hands and failed to break tackles. Powdrell dropped a pass. Palmer snapped one over Ingle's head in the shotgun.

Some were not impressive. Montgomery seemed to take bad angles and was out of position. Ferguson should be expected to beat back up defenders. He caught one in front of Tramon Williams who was too soft in 2 minute drill but on the whole Ferguson is dropping on the depth chart.

Ruvell Martin did a good job holding. I noted that Raynor seems to like the ball more vertical and Crosby had the top of the ball angled far to the right. I don't think the difference was by mistake.

One battle I saw three times was Alcorn running pass routes on Poppinga. Technically Poppinga won due to one bad pass and the other two times the pass was not thrown to Alcorn but it was close enough to catch my attention.

Players I did not notice all (for whatever reason) Rouse, Hall, Coston, Werner, Hawk(I saw him but no particular plays made), Barnett, Murray, White, Walter, Cole, Rory Johnson. But I did have a tough time reading O-line numbers.

Overview:
Starting O-line is gelling. It is a nice positive.

None of the Safeties stood out either good or bad. They were not near the play much(Collins easy INT the exception)

With the generic type plays the LB's were not as involved as they would be in a "real" game.

The first round of cuts will be easy.

GrnBay007
08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
This thread got me thinking of the "Official Game" thread. Last year the rule was if the Packers won, the same person made the next week game thread. I think Madtown was on a roll at the end of the season...so he should start off. But I don't remember, did we have official game threads for preseason or just regular?

Not like I'm superstitious or anything. :shock: :P

BallHawk
08-05-2007, 09:45 PM
This thread got me thinking of the "Official Game" thread. Last year the rule was if the Packers won, the same person made the next week game thread. I think Madtown was on a roll at the end of the season...so he should start off. But I don't remember, did we have official game threads for preseason or just regular?

Not like I'm superstitious or anything. :shock: :P

All I remember about last year's preseason threads was the one where the Packers got the shit kicked out of them by the Bengals.

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm really looking forward to the WR battle through the pre-season though. We basically have spots 3-6 (if we keep 6) open. from what i've seen so far, I like Jones at #3, Martin at #4, Holiday #5 and Clowny at #6. I guess I'm not hooked on Bodiford yet.

Bodiford did a hell of a lot more in the passing game at Family Night than Clowney did.

Clowney is a JOKE right now as a WR. The only thing he has going for him is returns. That is why I highly doubt he will make the final roster this season. He can use a year on the PS...which is no big deal for a raw 5th round pick. That is about what you should expect.

retailguy
08-06-2007, 08:13 AM
That is about what you should expect.

I'm expecting 92 catches for 1324 yards. He's a DRAFT CHOICE. He must be a star.

KYPack
08-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm really looking forward to the WR battle through the pre-season though. We basically have spots 3-6 (if we keep 6) open. from what i've seen so far, I like Jones at #3, Martin at #4, Holiday #5 and Clowny at #6. I guess I'm not hooked on Bodiford yet.

Bodiford did a hell of a lot more in the passing game at Family Night than Clowney did.

Clowney is a JOKE right now as a WR. The only thing he has going for him is returns. That is why I highly doubt he will make the final roster this season. He can use a year on the PS...which is no big deal for a raw 5th round pick. That is about what you should expect.

Yeah, Clowney is green at WR. He ran a slant in the late going. He ran it too shallow and basically ran himself into the ground. Bodiford probably did himself some good in the scrimmage. You'd probably like to put Clowney on the PS and give him a chance to learn his position.

Some have mentioned that Clowney would be sniped off the PS by another team. The last cut is the time to sneak a guy thru, it's a chance we may have to take.

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Some have mentioned that Clowney would be sniped off the PS by another team. The last cut is the time to sneak a guy thru, it's a chance we may have to take.

I highly doubt anyone would jump at the kid immediately. He could be a target by the midseason point if a few teams start taking on a lot of injuries. Of course, by that point, we could have a few injuries as well and may need to promote him to the active roster.

Puny fast guys who can't run routes are a dime a dozen.

GBRulz
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM

I know there is the whole pre-season yet, but if Clowny turns out to be the spark we need on returns, I say he should make the roster vs Bodiford.

I don't think Devin Hester caught one pass last year, but he sure was a big asset to the Bears return game. That's all I'm saying here, is if Clowny shows alot of promise as a return man, we keep him on the roster as our 6th WR vs Bodiford. Not because of WR skills... I certainly agree that Bodiford is ahead of him on that end. But, I'd rather have someone on the roster that can help the team THIS year.

retailguy
08-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, Clowney is green at WR. He ran a slant in the late going. He ran it too shallow and basically ran himself into the ground. Bodiford probably did himself some good in the scrimmage. You'd probably like to put Clowney on the PS and give him a chance to learn his position.

You can't take that chance KY. See, Sherman took that chance with a green 5th round pick a few years back, trying to sneak him on the practice squad, and now he starts at linebacker for the hated Bears. No one remembers that the guy was green, merely that Sherman cut one of the few draft choices he made that was actually a really good player.

Double standards don't let you make that choice in fandom. Especially with those judgemental ones around here.

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 10:45 AM
That's all I'm saying here, is if Clowny shows alot of promise as a return man, we keep him on the roster as our 6th WR vs Bodiford. Not because of WR skills... I certainly agree that Bodiford is ahead of him on that end. But, I'd rather have someone on the roster that can help the team THIS year.

I'm not sure what you were watching the other night, but Bodiford CLEARLY outshined Clowney in both returns AND receiving.

Clowney IS fast, but one return in a drill where the coverage ISN'T ALLOWED TO TACKLE is hardly evidence that he's the next Devin Hester. Go back and look at the tape...if that play were live, Clowney wouldn't have gone much further than the 30 yard line. Bodiford showed more elusiveness in his returns...and I think his long one where he got pushed out of bounds was pretty legit.

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 10:57 AM
You can't take that chance KY. See, Sherman took that chance with a green 5th round pick a few years back, trying to sneak him on the practice squad, and now he starts at linebacker for the hated Bears. No one remembers that the guy was green, merely that Sherman cut one of the few draft choices he made that was actually a really good player.

I don't see the comparison. Hillenmeyer should have been kept because we weren't exactly stocked at LB and he could have contributed...both at LB and special teams. Clowney is very raw and isn't likely to show he is ready to contribute in 2007 in any manner. Why would you waste a roster spot on that?

We have lots of young talent at WR...and if Clowney can't prove himself better than 6 other guys, then he isn't worth the roster spot. Let's be honest...our depth at WR on paper was among the WORST in the NFL going into camp. If he can't help us in 2007, then he isn't going to be much of a help to most other teams either.

GBRulz
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Leaper, please don't put words in my mouth. I did not say Clowny was the next Devin Hester. I'm saying if he can go through the pre-season as a legitimate threat in the return game, then he should get that last WR spot. Or if another player makes a stand in the return game, so be it. My point is that if we have someone who is standing out on returns, let's go with that player vs a 6th WR who might develop into a player down the road.

You're right, special teams could not tackle. So, if Clowny's return for a TD isn't allowed as evidence, why should Bodiford be any different? No, I didn't tivo the scrimmage and analyze every play, but I liked what I seen from him with speed.

Let's see what the pre-season unfolds before deciding who makes the roster.

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Double standards don't let you make that choice in fandom. Especially with those judgemental ones around here.

LOL

Yeah, that Shermy sure got a bum rap.

LOL

KYPack
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM

Yer probably right, RG. I'm well aware of Shermie's fumble with Hillenmeyer

We probably have to cut a WR that can help us in the return game.

I sure didn't think that was possible even a week ago. BTW the two kids, I lean to keeping Bodiford. He's much more physical than Clowney. But, it's obvious Clowney can fly.

It's shaping up as a close, tough call.

The "other player" that's cut just might become a star.

I think Clowney gets cut and they try to keep him on PS. Will see if they pull it off.

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

I sure didn't think that was possible even a week ago. BTW the two kids, I lean to keeping Bodiford. He's much more physical than Clowney. But, it's obvious Clowney can fly.

I think Clowney gets cut and they try to keep him on PS. Will see if they pull it off.

I don't think Sherman took any flack for putting Hillenmeyer on the PS - at least not until after he got picked up by the Bears and began playing decently. At that point it's not fair to fault Shermy for that one, because hindsight is 20/20.

retailguy
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
KY,

My post was mostly meant tongue in cheek, but I agree with you. If some of the other WR guys step up, or if Ferguson still has those naked pictures of whoever he's had over a barrel for the last two seasons, Clowney is in trouble.

I don't know that you can "sneak" that guy on the PS, unless, he stinks it up during TC, and then, do you want him if that's the case?

Scott - thanks again for your infinite words of wisdom. Piece of advice - You really need a new line. Your tired sarcasm is no longer working... 3300 post is about enough of the same old same old. You might actually have to post an unsolicited opinion very soon. :shock:

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Scott - thanks again for your infinite words of wisdom. Piece of advice - You really need a new line. Your tired sarcasm is no longer working... 3300 post is about enough of the same old same old. You might actually have to post an unsolicited opinion very soon. :shock:

Liar.

Zool
08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
God damn you half Japanese girls. Do it to me every time.

Scott Campbell
08-06-2007, 12:01 PM

I'm expecting 92 catches for 1324 yards. He's a DRAFT CHOICE. He must be a star.

(RG) - thanks again for your infinite words of wisdom. Piece of advice - You really need a new line. Your tired sarcasm is no longer working... 2000 post is about enough of the same old same old. You might actually have to (explain why you aren't a hypocrite). :shock:

Evidence of hypocracy.

swede
08-06-2007, 12:51 PM

I don't think Sherman took any flack for putting Hillenmeyer on the PS - at least not until after he got picked up by the Bears and began playing decently. At that point it's not fair to fault Shermy for that one, because hindsight is 20/20.

Hillenmeyer played better than most linebackers in that camp. It was a shock to most of us that he got cut.

Clowney hasn't played well as a receiver, but his special teams play has real potential. There seems to be a logjam for spots 3-5 with tall possession receivers like Jones and Holliday. I'd think there'd be a spot for a punt/kick returner like Clowney. I think he stays as the sixth receiver on the team.

retailguy
08-06-2007, 12:52 PM

(RG) - thanks again for your infinite words of wisdom. Piece of advice - You really need a new line. Your tired sarcasm is no longer working... 2000 post is about enough of the same old same old. You might actually have to (explain why you aren't a hypocrite). :shock:

Evidence of hypocracy.

It is stil hypocrisy... but I digress. You've cleverly figured out that if you don't "express an opinion" you avoid the criticism of that opinion.

So, keep attacking. It is abundantly clear that you have nothing original to add to the discussion with the exception of ridicule and sarcasm.

Keep trying.... :wink:

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Clowney hasn't played well as a receiver, but his special teams play has real potential. There seems to be a logjam for spots 3-5 with tall possession receivers like Jones and Holliday. I'd think there'd be a spot for a punt/kick returner like Clowney. I think he stays as the sixth receiver on the team.

I understand everyone's desire to have a threat in the return game. However, much of a return game is the other 10 guys on the field executing a successful blocking plan. We lost so much young depth during the Sherman era that our ST depth really struggled in getting 10 good players out there to block...so it didn't matter who we had returning kicks. Thompson's strategy of stockpiling youth will reap rewards on special teams this year...and I don't think we will necessarily need some elite talent to make good returns.

OS PA
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I think the wide-receivers will look like this.

1st - Donald Driver
2nd - Greg Jennings
3rd - James Jones
4th - Ruvell Martin
5th - Carlysle Holliday
6th - Sean Bodiford

And if Koren Robinson does make it back into the locker room, unless Bodiford is having a stand-out year, look for him to bump Bodiford into IR with a phantom injury or onto the PS.

retailguy
08-06-2007, 01:26 PM

1st - Donald Driver
2nd - Greg Jennings
3rd - James Jones
4th - Ruvell Martin
5th - Carlysle Holliday
6th - Sean Bodiford

And if Koren Robinson does make it back into the locker room, unless Bodiford is having a stand-out year, look for him to bump Bodiford into IR with a phantom injury or onto the PS.

Not saying I disagree with you, because I don't, but I question the KRob part. Do you really think they bump a young guy with some significant upside for a guy with several strikes against him? Or, are you maintaining that KRob will get the 3rd WR position and bump everyone else down?

Seems to me that if KRob can't be that 3rd guy, we really shouldn't keep him. Same thing should go for Ferguson too...

Zool
08-06-2007, 01:28 PM

1st - Donald Driver
2nd - Greg Jennings
3rd - James Jones
4th - Ruvell Martin
5th - Carlysle Holliday
6th - Sean Bodiford

Not saying I disagree with you, because I don't, but I question the KRob part. Do you really think they bump a young guy with some significant upside for a guy with several strikes against him? Or, are you maintaining that KRob will get the 3rd WR position and bump everyone else down?

Seems to me that if KRob can't be that 3rd guy, we really shouldn't keep him. Same thing should go for Ferguson too...Its possible. Robinson was a pro-bowl returner a couple years ago.

OS PA
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM

1st - Donald Driver
2nd - Greg Jennings
3rd - James Jones
4th - Ruvell Martin
5th - Carlysle Holliday
6th - Sean Bodiford

Seems to me that if KRob can't be that 3rd guy, we really shouldn't keep him. Same thing should go for Ferguson too...Its possible. Robinson was a pro-bowl returner a couple years ago.

I think they would put K-Rob in the 3rd of 4th receiver slot and bump everyone down accordingly. Also, we all may think the coaches want to prepare for the future, but they wouldn't do something, such as cutting an available all-pro KR/speed option in order to give young guys experience, which is the reason I think that they'll take K-Rob back if he's available. Do you remember when he was on our team for a few weeks last year, he was Favre's favorite receiver, and he was a very viable passing threat as well as a much needed boost in the return game.

Partial
08-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Ryan Pickett looked really out of shape.

The defensive line got ridiculous penetration on most plays.

Then I fell asleep.

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens with Robinson...but if he is reinstated, I can't imagine Green Bay not adding him to the mix. He has a 1200 yard season on his resume. He looked pretty solid early last year for having so little time in the system. His size and ability are something this offense could really use, especially in the red zone. It isn't like Robinson is that old either...he's 28 I think.

Martin will need to take a big step forward this year in camp IMO. He's got a few camps under his belt now. Without a solid camp, I think he's the likely candidate to get booted if Robinson returns...because his potential at that point would have to be questionable.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
To me, counting on KoRo for anything is a stretch.

:beat:

KYPack
08-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Counting on KRob would be a crazy deal.

We could lose TWO pretty good return specialists for a guy that's even money to catch a LONG suspension at any time.

We do have a lot of WR prospects now that the "Chris Francies" era seems to be over.

woodbuck27
08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
To me, counting on KoRo for anything is a stretch.

:beat:

It's starting to look like an 'only good timing' thing for KRob now, will get him into a Packer uniform this season.

We seem to have ample possibilities at WR.

These young men just have to tighten up on their routes and Favre will find them.

pack4to84
08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Replaying it on NFL network right now

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm not counting on Robinson...but there certainly exists the possibility that he will be available in a couple months. It will make for yet another interesting decision for TT...at least some of these decisions aren't so bad to have.

Personally...I'll take a chance on Robinson staying clean if he does return. When I compare his talent and probability to contribute to that of Martin/Clowney/Bodiford...it isn't a contest. Robinson is well schooled in the WCO and isn't all that old.

He's also got a 1200 yard receiving season in the NFL to his credit. If you think Martin/Clowney/Bodiford have the potential for that kind of production, you need to put down the crack pipe.

woodbuck27
08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm not counting on Robinson...but there certainly exists the possibility that he will be available in a couple months. It will make for yet another interesting decision for TT...at least some of these decisions aren't so bad to have.

Personally...I'll take a chance on Robinson staying clean if he does return. When I compare his talent and probability to contribute to that of Martin/Clowney/Bodiford...it isn't a contest. Robinson is well schooled in the WCO and isn't all that old.

He's also got a 1200 yard receiving season in the NFL to his credit. If you think Martin/Clowney/Bodiford have the potential for that kind of production, you need to put down the crack pipe.

On second thought I'll defer to you Leaper.

Are we deeper with or without KRob? Taking away all the concern overn his disease.

His NFL experience and talent can certainly give us a boost.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 10:31 PM
It's on again. I'm getting a chance to watch it.

Brandon Jackson looks good. Jennings, Driver, and Favre are in midseason form against the likes of Dendy and Walker.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 10:54 PM
1st team offense dominated 2nd team defense.

1st team defense came out dominating 2nd team offense. Rodgers running for his life early. After that, Rodgers looks good to me. Lots of poise and zip, throwing accurately on the run.

Jarret Bush with two nice plays. Deshawn Wynn looks impressive to me, and I'm not a big fan. His arms are huge. They're the size of my legs.
:D

Fergie actually has a couple of nice catches, and a drop on a beautiful throw from Rodgers on a slant with good coverage. Corey White is a big guy, but he looks more like a Michael Haddix to me. James Jones shows a ton of potential as a slot guy. He looks much bigger in this scrimmage then he did on the film clips of him. Not sure if it was camera angle or if he got bigger, but physically he does look a bit like Sterling Sharpe. Physically, that is. Not comparing him to Sterling just yet.

Dendy and Walker are really struggling. Harrell had two plays. One he stuffed an inside run. The second he pushed Barbre into the backfield and got a pass deflection. Crosby barely made a short FG. Clowney looks really raw, but really fast. He needs time to develop. Marquand Manuel actually looks faster this year. I hate to say it. Rouse had a good stick on Corey White.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Herron looks solid. I can't see them cutting him. Blackmon with a pathetic tackle attempt on him.

Hawk got a bad call on the P.I. Gray and Smith are pathetic announcers, by the way. Nothing about the situation as far as Favre's interception (e.g. 2 minute drill, needing a TD, with 10 seconds on the clock). Situation dictated having to take a chance there.

Collins with the gift pick. I liked Brandon Jackson's hustle to tackle him 60 yards down the field.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Hodge with a couple of big sticks.

I didn't think Jackson's spin move to stay in bounds was that bad. He beat the guy with it, but couldn't stay on his feet. There were no other defenders between him and the endzone.

Rodgers is throwing the ball well.

Orrin Thompson is really struggling. So is Allen Barbre.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Ingle is a good looking athlete, but he looks clueless at this point.

Bodiford and Holliday flashing. Ferguson made a couple of grabs. As raw as Clowney looks, he may not make the team. This team has some intriguing backup WRs. I don't see where Koren Robinson fits--unless they get some injuries.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Tramon Williams having a good night. Blackmon's first pick was a gift. Second pick was okay. Had good coverage on the play before, but it was against Chris Francies. I'm glad Francies is our 10th best WR--instead of our 5th best like a couple of years ago. Abdul Hodge having a good night.

Partial
08-07-2007, 02:24 AM
The fact that it was the 1's vs. the 2's in every series made it tough to judge.

The DL was blowing up the 2nd string OL and having Rodgers run for his life. He seemed to stay in control, though.

Saturday will be very telling.

vince
08-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I didn't get to see the scrimmage, so thanks for all those comments Harv. I - and I bet a lot of the other more sporadic contributors and lurkers to the board in particular - give a lot of credence to your judgments here. You're certainly one of the many posters that make this Packer board the best there is.

BallHawk
08-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Are any of the Pack's Preseason games going to be on National TV?

MJZiggy
08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
On the 23rd against Jacksonville will be on Fox.

woodbuck27
08-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Are any of the Pack's Preseason games going to be on National TV?

Yup.

Pre season game #3 Vs the Jag's @ Lambeau - Aug.23, 2007 is on FOX at 7 PM (Eastern?)

BallHawk
08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Woody and MJ.

Badgepack
08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Finally got to watch the Family Night scrimmage,

Favre sure makes it look easy out there, and he likes Jennings.

Morency sure has some guns on him.

Hawk is an animal.

If the Packer offense struggles, they should go into a hurry up mode more often.