PDA

View Full Version : SOME PRE PRE-SEASON PREDICTIONS FOR 2007

RashanGary
08-03-2007, 12:16 PM
- Aaron Rodgers has the best preseason of a backup quarterback in Greenbay since Matt Hasselback.

- James Jones, Ruvell Martin, Carlyle Holliday and David Clowney are our 3, 4, 5 and 6 receivers, relieving us of Robert Ferguson.

- Celebrating Ferguson getting cut, Bretsky gets arrested for disorderly conduct for drunkenly and belligerently arguing with fans who disagree that Ferguson is a fraud.

- Last years nonexistent redzone running game becomes nothing more than a bad memory. The young, talented offensive lineman take that next step and begin opening up holes for Morency and Jackson to run through. Now defenses are forced to respect the run, allowing McCarthy, Favre and the offense to keep teams off balance in the redzone with a barrage of run/pass, run/pass. Brett Favre has put up big scoring numbers with some motley crew skill players. He's never produced with a bad offensive line. In 2007 he won't have to try and the whole offense will benefit from it.

- The Packers will keep four tailbacks. Morency, Jackson, Pope and Herron will share the running load in 2007.

- Brett Favre will make the probowl.

- Aaron Kampman, AJ hawk, Al Harris, Charles Woodson and Nick Barnett will lead the Packers to a top 5 defensive ranking.

- Even if Manuel is the starting SS, there will be improvements in the secondary. Confusion and indecisiveness will be replaced with aggressive, scheme disciplined play.

- Dave Rayner will be our kicker on opening day, showing that he has every bit the leg of Crosby but better accuracy after refining his skills last season in Lambeau.

- John Ryan and Dave Rayner will both be improved players in 2007. Ryan will give our punt coverage a better chance to succeed by getting more hang time and Rayner will help by reliably putting up 3 when asked.

- Rouse, Barbre and Kory Hall will add speed, size and nastiness to our coverage units.

- The Packers will beat the Eagles on opening day.

- The Packers will again play their best football in December because of the improved youth. This time they will ride that momentum into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

- The Packers will win one playoff game showing everyone that they are a developmental year away from being a SB competitor.

- Favre will realize how strong this team is and how they are only getting better. He'll decide to come back for one more year.

woodbuck27
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
OK !

Great script. I'll recommend you as a producer.

Now . Get on it.You have carte blanche.

Get out there and find the best actors.

GO GET EMMM TIGER !! :)

MJZiggy
08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Celebrating Ferguson getting cut, Bretsky gets arrested for disorderly conduct for drunkenly and belligerently arguing with fans who disagree that Ferguson is a fraud.

I just don't see this one happening 'cause where would he find fans that don't think he's a fraud. I see him more as getting arrested for D & D for dancing on the bar while stomping on BF4's jersey (hopefully without BF4 still in it)...

Other than that, you just forgot to mention Aaron Kampman's second trip to Hawaii. And Al Harris' first.

Carolina_Packer
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I like the rosy scenario! I would like to add to your wish/prediction list:

Bubba shakes off the stone to find a softer, gentler pair of hands and a little more waggle thanks to his Nutri-system offseason program.

DeShaun Wynn steps up and makes the team and is a good short yardage back (love to see this).

woodbuck27
08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
I like the rosy scenario! I would like to add to your wish/prediction list:

Bubba shakes off the stone to find a softer, gentler pair of hands and a little more waggle thanks to his Nutri-system offseason program.

DeShaun Wynn steps up and makes the team and is a good short yardage back (love to see this).

At the present it's this as I view it:

Morency should be considered gone for most of August (at least).

How's Brandon Jackson doing so far? The answer I'm getting is that he's having a difficult time.

So MM and TT will look at what we have in TC. TT has stated clearly that he won't make a trade for a RB. OK, that's that.

TT's being really patient, again. That's the way it is.

It's week to week as I see it. Adversity is a fact of life in the NFL.

Having expressed that:

I hope that we soon hear good news on those that MM has to work with in the backfield. We are simply facing some adversity at a position and a time thats some concern because of the essential need fr.the position.

When we were playing the best I always wondered if Packer fans realized the real importance of Ahman Green? He was to me more valuable than Favre.

The bottom line to be competitive.

It's a no brainer that we need a running game in 2007 or we are cooked. We were terrible on the ground in 2007. In the bottom third of the NFL with an experienced RB a determined and punishing runner with a ton of heart and a good ability to catch the ball and move it down field.

We have to replace all that . .plus !!

oregonpackfan
08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
[quote=JH]Celebrating Ferguson getting cut, Bretsky gets arrested for disorderly conduct for drunkenly and belligerently arguing with fans who disagree that Ferguson is a fraud.

I don't see that happening either because where the heck is Bretsky going to find fans who disagree that Ferguson is a fraud? :)

the_idle_threat
08-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Ferguson isn't a fraud .... he's just misunderstood.

:doh:

:cat:

:satan:

PlantPage55
08-03-2007, 02:35 PM
If Favre makes the Pro Bowl and we have a top 5 defense....how do we only go 9-7?

woodbuck27
08-03-2007, 02:41 PM
If Favre makes the Pro Bowl and we have a top 5 defense....how do we only go 9-7?

It's Friday. :)

Cheesehead Craig
08-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. :huh:

RashanGary
08-03-2007, 05:18 PM

I only mentioned the postives in this post. There are some negatives but since everyone is well versed in the negatives, I decided to focus more on the postives in this post. Had I added in the negatives, it would sound more like a 9-7 post.

Bretsky
08-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Celebrating Ferguson getting cut, Bretsky gets arrested for disorderly conduct for drunkenly and belligerently arguing with fans who disagree that Ferguson is a fraud.

I just don't see this one happening 'cause where would he find fans that don't think he's a fraud. I see him more as getting arrested for D & D for dancing on the bar while stomping on BF4's jersey (hopefully without BF4 still in it)...

Other than that, you just forgot to mention Aaron Kampman's second trip to Hawaii. And Al Harris' first.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Where has that dam Fraud lover been lately anyways ? Use to love that dude, except when he defended Frauduson over Chambers.

Wait, he's in college living out the good grailistic chick to chick party :lol: life Green Bay offers to it's college students.

Bretsky
08-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Yes, the Packer staff has misunderstood him to be a football player for way too many years now

the_idle_threat
08-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Yes, the Packer staff has misunderstood him to be a football player for way too many years now

:D

I'm thinking he's misunderstood how to be a receiver for all these years. Or he's misunderstood how to go up and get the ball rather than let the defensive back get it.

:beat: :shtf: