PDA

View Full Version : How come nobody posted this gem from pinhead Clayton

Chester Marcol
05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
After all the maulings by wild animals, why oh why can't it happen to this guy.

4. Green Bay Packers: They didn't get great value for Javon Walker, only getting a second-round choice instead of two seconds, which they were demanding Friday. While A.J. Hawk was a great choice to help the defense, the Packers didn't do much to help Brett Favre. They didn't get tight end Vernon Davis, but that's OK. Hawk rated higher on most draft boards than Davis. The Packers had a decent second-round for the future in getting tackle Daryn Colledge and wide receiver Greg Jennings, who might take some time to make impact. But this is Favre's last year, and he is committed to making the best out of the season. As it has been the entire offseason, the Packers haven't seized the moment.

If there was ever a more blatant homosexual man crush for Brett Favre, I haven't seen it.

Deputy Nutz
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I posted it on Saturday night.

AtlPackFan
05-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Someone help me here...what is Clayton's credentials? I heard that he stated the Packers were losers on day one soley on the basis of the Walker trade...never mind the selections that they made. Did this guy ever play a down of football or any level of sports whatsoever? He comes across as a stat guy! I really have never put any credence in anything he has reported but maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone have anything on this guy's background?

Rivers Rutherford
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Clayton is like a tenured professor--lazy, old, and opinionated. In this case, opinionated and too lazy to point out that GB got 4 picks for Walker (trace the 37th pick through the trades) not 1. They are as follows:

47 Daryn Colledge
115 Will Blackmon
183 John Jolly
185 Tyrone Culver

Not bad at all.

jack's smirking revenge
05-01-2006, 02:12 PM
His credentials?

Former Crypt Keeper from "Tales From The Crypt".

Anyone see how freaky that dude looked this weekend. He may be a decent prognosticator, but he's got a look that's made for radio.

My girlfriend, who was watching the draft with me for the first time, laughed hysterically when they cut to him. Talks wierd. Looks wierd. Just plain wierd.

Need more well-spoken, educated, intelligent progs like Hendo on the broadcast.

tyler

No Mo Moss
05-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Human -Alien Hybrid...no doubt.

Fritz
05-01-2006, 02:16 PM
How many rookies start - and are substantial contributors - to ANY NFL teams? Outside of Reggie Bush, it ain't gonna happen. Rookies don't make that big of an impact. They just don't. It was an asinine comment.

Chester Marcol
05-01-2006, 02:17 PM
I posted it on Saturday night.

Sorry Nutz. Didn't go back far enough. But alteast another chance to bash this Less Nesman of the sports world.

Homer Jay
05-01-2006, 03:36 PM
My question for John Clayton: If Walker was worth so much more than a high second round pick, why weren't other teams beating down Ted Thompson's door offering more? Surely there were other teams that needed WR help. Walker shopped himself all over the league, why no better offers? Maybe, just maybe, TT got the best deal he could.

MJZiggy
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
He does have quite a Favre obsession doesn't he? To his mind, everything the team does is judged according to how it affects Brett Favre. This from the man who spun EVERYthing he reported this offseason to point to the idea the he was not coming back. Some authority on the subject. Oh and by the way, if you're looking for his twin, I'm telling you, you can find him in any decorating magazine. Do you really think that geek would last 5 minutes on a football team? They'd tape his butt cheeks together before he ever even got onto the field.

Homer Jay
05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone else notice that every time Clayton is on camera he ends up with this little white something between his lips. About makes me sick. I don't even want to speculate what it might be.

FritzDontBlitz
05-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Clayton is like a tenured professor--lazy, old, and opinionated. In this case, opinionated and too lazy to point out that GB got 4 picks for Walker (trace the 37th pick through the trades) not 1. They are as follows:

47 Daryn Colledge
115 Will Blackmon
183 John Jolly
185 Tyrone Culver

Not bad at all.

actually, it was 5 players. you forgot qb ingle martin at 148

Rivers Rutherford
05-01-2006, 04:02 PM
FDB--it was only the 4. We gave up 139 and got 148 as part of the wheeling and dealing. The pick did not originate with #37. Not that it really matters.