PDA

View Full Version : Dog-fighting everywhere

oregonpackfan
08-04-2007, 10:17 AM
With the attention given to Micheal Vick's alleged involvement in dog-fighting, more of us are becoming aware that dog-fighting is everywhere.

Just yesterday, local police arrested a 39 year old man in north Portland, OR on charges of animal abuse. Police seized 11 pit bulls, which were kept in outdoor kennels.

The man(who is white)faces 13 charges, most of them drug offenses, including having a commercial marijuane operation. He was also accused of child neglect and endangering the welfare of a minor as two of his grandchildren were on the premises at the time of his arrest.

A 34 year old woman(Hispanic descent) at the house was also arrested on drug and child neglect charges.

I listed the racial origins of the two suspects because dog-fighting is hardling limited to African-Americans.

The man ran a company called Dead Game Kennels which even had a website(it has since been taken down). "Dead Game" is referred as a dog that will kill its opponents in a fight.

A few years ago, the Portland Trailblazers had a player who was charged with dog-fighting and animal cruelty charges. He was later released from the team.

It seems that many of the individuals involved in dog-fighting have many other legal issues such as drug abuse, etc. going on in their lives.

BEARMAN
08-04-2007, 10:36 AM
ANYONE that fights any animal (dog,chicken,whatever) is a lowlife scum sucking peice of sheit ! I can not state strongly enuff now much I dislike people that fight animals. I hope and pray that the people that do thease dispicable deeds are prosicuted to the fullest extent of the law ! :evil:

Little Whiskey
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
my neighbors dog was in a fight......against a rabbit.......rabbit lost. i don't there will be any charges filed