PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle Holiday... Fam Night...

packers11
08-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I was watching last night on NFL network (since i live out of the area) but is it me or this guy does not drop anything... Am I the only one hyped on this guy, between this scrimmage and the last bears game he has really good hands...

I question his speed / separation, but whenever someone throws his way he seems to grab it in...

I'm hoping he makes the final team...

BallHawk
08-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Driver
Jennings
Jones/Martin
Martin/Jones
Holiday
Bodiford/Clowney

Maybe our WRs aren't as bad as they were thought out to be.....

Bretsky
08-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Driver
Jennings
Jones/Martin
Martin/Jones
Holiday
Bodiford/Clowney

And maybe they are not as good :lol:

I still like Holiday more than your favorite Martin

BallHawk
08-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Driver
Jennings
Jones/Martin
Martin/Jones
Holiday
Bodiford/Clowney

And maybe they are not as good :lol:

I still like Holiday more than your favorite Martin

Actually, it's Ruvell "Give 'em Hell" Martin. :wink:

4and12to12and4
08-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I have stated all along this whole offseason that we didn't need to waste a draft pick on a wide receiver, especially in the 1st round, there is already tons of talent and competition in that area. Fergy is gone. Period. We MIGHT get a 7th rounder for him, but we'll probably just cut him. Between Holiday, Clowney, Martin, Jennings, Driver, and even Bodiford, it'll be interesting to see if Jones can even make the cut. BTW, Jones seems very small out there, he doesn't look a bit taller than 5'10". What is his "roster" height?

Rastak
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I have stated all along this whole offseason that we didn't need to waste a draft pick on a wide receiver, especially in the 1st round, there is already tons of talent and competition in that area. Fergy is gone. Period. We MIGHT get a 7th rounder for him, but we'll probably just cut him. Between Holiday, Clowney, Martin, Jennings, Driver, and even Bodiford, it'll be interesting to see if Jones can even make the cut. BTW, Jones seems very small out there, he doesn't look a bit taller than 5'10". What is his "roster" height?

Hasn't Jones been the best reciever so far in camp?

FritzDontBlitz
08-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I was watching last night on NFL network (since i live out of the area) but is it me or this guy does not drop anything... Am I the only one hyped on this guy, between this scrimmage and the last bears game he has really good hands...

I question his speed / separation, but whenever someone throws his way he seems to grab it in...

I'm hoping he makes the final team...

carlyle is looking better and better. he impressed me in the bears game too, i am pulling for him to make it.

i think ruvell, james jones and holiday distinguished themselves in the fam night scrimmage. robert ferguson didn't. i am so surprised. :roll:

BallHawk
08-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Between Holiday, Clowney, Martin, Jennings, Driver, and even Bodiford, it'll be interesting to see if Jones can even make the cut. BTW, Jones seems very small out there, he doesn't look a bit taller than 5'10". What is his "roster" height?

Are you mistaking Jones for somebody else?

He's been the biggest surprise of camp and arguably has the lead, going into the preseason, for the #3 spot.

Even if he was doing bad, he's a 3rd round pick. They never get cut, unless they are horrible. Really, really horrible.

woodbuck27
08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Driver
Jennings
Jones/Martin
Martin/Jones
Holiday
Bodiford/Clowney

It's beginning to look that way.

Clowney has to step up as a return man and show other ST skills as well.

It's time to cut Robert Ferguson loose. He can get his butt down to Houston.

BallHawk
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM

It's more likely it'll be Saskatchewan. :D

woodbuck27
08-05-2007, 04:31 PM

It's more likely it'll be Saskatchewan. :D

The Sask. Roughriders are already solid this season. They are looking very good.

The Leaper
08-06-2007, 11:16 AM

It could get even better if Robinson keeps his nose clean for a couple more weeks and is reinstated. I'd feel more comfortable with Jones as the #4 WR...that would give us a solid squad.