PDA

View Full Version : Final four

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Who do u want to win?

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 09:58 PM
I would like to see LSU/GM in the final.

I love that there is no CHALK left - don't think there is a bad match-up out there, but I would least like to see UCLA in the final. FLA/LSU would make an entertaining match-up.

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Ratings have been stellar for this tourney, but let's see what happens now that everyone's final four teams have been knocked out. No one has more than one team left.

Personally, I'd watch no matter what, but let's see if America agrees. We love the underdog, plus Florida's made a splash w/ J. Noah and LSU with Baby/Tyrus and that stifling defense.

SOOO much better than the expert-forecasted UConn/Duke match-up.

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I would like to see LSU/GM in the final.

I love that there is no CHALK left - don't think there is a bad match-up out there, but I would least like to see UCLA in the final. FLA/LSU would make an entertaining match-up.

Yes id like to see GM Lsu also. Being a fsu fan, i have to hate the gators, and i dont like ucla to begin with. Im not much of a basketball person but this tourney has kinda got me in to it

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Ah, good point for you on the Gators. SEC has put on quite a show, though. ACC, Big Ten....not so much.

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Ah, good point for you on the Gators. SEC has put on quite a show, though. ACC, Big Ten....not so much.

yea was hoping the noles would get in after beating duke later in the season. but..

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 10:15 PM
And i guess a plus is that, A guy from GM went to my highschool, sammy hernandez i think,but so did alex rodriguez.

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I LOVED watching you beat Puke...but at the same time, letting FSU in the tourney just on that merit....well, it gives even more credence to the "power of Duke."

It's all good, though...next year, you can get the Dukies TWICE, ok?

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Gotta go underdog when you don't really care. If it's not George, then I'm pulling for the boys from Baton Rouge.

MadtownPacker
03-31-2006, 11:20 PM
I saw GMU come back on NC and UConn and straight, the brothas just played hard. Against some loaded teams too. I trying to never miss a major sport event because you never wanna miss history and GMU is making history with their run. I hope the go all the way.

Wish Mobb was here, he's in DC right? Bet everyone over there can feel it.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I will bet my money on Florida. I dont know why.

FavreChild
04-01-2006, 04:10 PM
That's a good bet, tank - although you might want to save your money for other things..?

One hour 'til game time - we are stocked with Sam Adams for the occasion. You know, to keep with the Colonial theme and all.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
That's a good bet, tank - although you might want to save your money for other things..?

Why dont you just thrown down who you think is gonna win then sister??
Huh? Me?

GMU and LSU

FavreChild
04-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I am with you on LSU/GM - that's who I'm rooting for, anyway.

Actually, I'm just rooting for two quality games. No disrespect to UCLA, but they're just not a desirous match-up for the championship.

Enjoy the games! :cool:

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Do any of you got picks for the games since FC is too chicken to call it?

esoxx
04-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I see Florida and LSU winning their games and meeting in the Final. LSU to prevail.

I'm rooting for GM but I think Cinderella runs out of magic here.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 05:11 PM
The just have to wear down Noah. They where resilent against NC and Uconn.

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Not this time :sad:

FavreChild
04-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Those were two of the boring-est (and I'm being polite) b-ball games I've ever seen.

The final better be a competitive match-up, but I'll get the booze ready just in case.

esoxx
04-02-2006, 01:01 AM
"Those were two of the boring-est (and I'm being polite) b-ball games I've ever seen."

I take it you haven't seen an NBA game in a while, eh FC? :wink:

But I agree, it was Snoozeville. Should have a good matchup come Monday though.

FavreChild
04-02-2006, 01:08 AM
I take it you haven't seen an NBA game in a while, eh FC? :wink:

You got that right - and it's by choice, I assure you.

And, as such, I shouldn't complain too much. College b-ball is such a superior product to the NBA - with an amazingly dramatic playoff system - not to mention that we're rooting for students.

Tonight's games were still crummy, but ya know....it was still better than seeing the "usual suspects" (Puke, UConn, UNC, etc.) or the defense-less NBA.

FavreChild
04-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Also...was it just me, or did it seem like FLA neutralize Geo. Mason exactly how they did with UW-Milwaukee?

They've been dissed all year (FLA), so I hope they keep it rolling. But yes, the championship match-up seems promising.

Ah...what do I care, anyway? Already won my primary pool before tonite. :cool:

esoxx
04-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah, it should be a good one. Florida has a much better perimeter game than LSU too, which was exposed tonight. Still, I'm impressed by UCLA's athletism and active defense. Ben Howland has done an amazing coaching job and for my money is one of the best in the nation.

The Tourney is amazing. I actually find the first couple rounds the most enjoyable versus the Final Four. To me, that's where "The Madness" really sets in with a bunch of crazy upsets, nailbiters and wall to wall action. Plus, when a blow out does occur, the network can switch us to a more competitive game to watch, which wasn't the case this evening. Gotta love it!

FavreChild
04-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah, it should be a good one. Florida has a much better perimeter game than LSU too, which was exposed tonight.

The Tourney is amazing. I actually find the first couple rounds the most enjoyable versus the Final Four.

Oh yeah...LSU was PAINFULLY exposed, but yet is was their D that disappointed.

But in the end, the NCAA tourney isn't too much different than the NFL playoffs. Same thing - divisional rounds typically are exciting while the conference title gams are big yawners (think SEA vs. CAR and PITT at DEN this year). Sad but true. Doesn't diminish the success of the system, though! :smile:

MadtownPacker
04-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Well I was 0 for 2 last night. About as good as I did on my bracket. GMU played hard but couldnt handles Florida's size. Didnt even bother to watch the other game but since it's Cali vs. Florida I gotta root for UCLA.

Bretsky
04-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Well I was 0 for 2 last night. About as good as I did on my bracket. GMU played hard but couldnt handles Florida's size. Didnt even bother to watch the other game but since it's Cali vs. Florida I gotta root for UCLA.

Underdogs are great to cheer for; I was hoping George Mason would win it all.

But last night was an example of what occurs when teams that aren't suppose to be in the final four are. Ugly blowouts.

I love the final four but yesterday was flippin boring.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 10:30 AM
A real problem is that they schedule commercials assuming that it is a high-interest event, where people will sit through 3 minutes of commercials to see 6 minutes of game.

I wonder if ANYBODY in the entire country actually sat through both games, including watching all the commercials. That would be super-human.