PDA

View Full Version : Redskins release Whitticker

ZachMN
08-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Story Here:

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=27732

gbpackfan
08-08-2007, 10:25 AM
What a shock. He should change his name to Shitticker.

Hey Shitticker! You hear that? It's the CFL calling!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I can't believe he actually started for us. :x

Carolina_Packer
08-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Desperate times call for desperate players

Hey, he is who he is. We were woefully thin at that point on talent, enough so that we had to start him. Once the ZBS came, he had to go. Perhaps the Shermanator will pick him up. He's already got Barry.

rpiotr01
08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
For the life of me I can't direct much vitriol towards a guy who came here as a 7th round pick and beat out some veterans - scrubs, granted, but he still beat them out - and then was cut when the new coaching staff changed the blocking scheme.

Will didn't do his job when he was in green bay, we all know that. But he wasn't brought in as savior. He earned a spot as a rookie when he wasn't expected to have one. He was never given the chance to develop, and coming in to replace one of two popular linemen, fans never had the patience to see his development through... even though it took both Wahle and Rivera several seasons to become the players they were.

I'm not a Whitticker fan, and I know he had to go, but I don't understand why some fans still talk crap about this guy.

The Leaper
08-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is either. The guy is a 7th round pick...the fact he even got out on the field at all is a credit to him, even if he probably didn't belong as a regular starter.

He's gone, and it isn't a real loss...so I could care less, although I wish the guy well.

BallHawk
08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
He's a career back-up, nothing more.

KYPack
08-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Whitticker was a guy who should have been on PS for a year, then worked in at a spot. He was one of the worst guards I've ever seen and there is no way he should ever started an NFL game for us, let alone been on the big club.

That said, I was always impressed with Whitticker's potential. A lifetime back-up (& fill-in starter)? Any 7th round pick would be glad to have that kind of career. Whitticker had great feet and a few years on the weights and consistent coaching might make him a productive player. Get that baby fat off him, put on some muscle, & show him how to play, he might well help somebody.

Joemailman
08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Sherman's and Rossley's decision to start Whitticker was probably one of the worst coaching decisions I ever saw, and may have contributed to Sherman getting the ax. It wasn't Whitticker's fault. Hope he's able to continue his career, although getting cut this early in the pre-season isn't a good sign.