PDA

View Full Version : Preseason starts!

Rastak
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, should be a fun weekend of preseason games. Last year I Tivo'd all NFC North games and watched them all. We've read all the practice reports, now the speed picks up and real game situations get looked at. I'm real interested to watch the Packers replay on NFL Network. Obviously, I'm even more fired up to go to the Vikes Rams Friday (the scene of the crime last year in the season finale). Should be a great time!

CaliforniaCheez
08-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I thought this thread was about Brett Favre's preseason game start streak....

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking the Packers will get smoked in this first preseason game. Playing a team that's played a game already. The team has a new head coach that's looking to fire up the fan base early. The team plays a 3-4 defense. (We got crushed by 3-4 teams last year: San Diego in the preseason, Jets, Patriots). We are playing at their place. We'll lose this first one, and then win the next three.
:D

MJZiggy
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm so football starved, I'm half tempted to make the road trip to that game...

]{ilr]3
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking the Packers will get smoked in this first preseason game. Playing a team that's played a game already. The team has a new head coach that's looking to fire up the fan base early. The team plays a 3-4 defense. (We got crushed by 3-4 teams last year: San Diego in the preseason, Jets, Patriots). We are playing at their place. We'll lose this first one, and then win the next three.
:D

Good practice for them then. We have the Chargers in Week 3 when it really counts so it could benifit them having this game. I expect the o-line to have more success this year and be less confused by the 3-4.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2007, 10:08 PM
No doubt. I'm not lamenting it, but I'm not expecting them to be world beaters out of the gate. The more 3-4 teams they can play in the preseaon, the better. Then again, teams don't scheme much in the preseason, so it probably won't help much. I'd love to see us come out and punch Pittsburgh in the mouth. I want to see the defense get after them.

Partial
08-09-2007, 01:19 AM
No doubt. I'm not lamenting it, but I'm not expecting them to be world beaters out of the gate. The more 3-4 teams they can play in the preseaon, the better. Then again, teams don't scheme much in the preseason, so it probably won't help much. I'd love to see us come out and punch Pittsburgh in the mouth. I want to see the defense get after them.

Nothing would make me happier than being a real dick and bringing the heat early in the preseason like Buffalo did a few years ago. I feel like it would set the tone and intensity for the start of the season.

Rastak
08-09-2007, 03:23 AM

First preseason games aren't important at all in the larger scheme of things but I certainly want my team to show up, unlike the Saints last week!

In the Vikings case, they just mailed it in against the Rams to end the year so if they look like crap in the 1st quarter (the main one in preseason) I'll be pretty bummed.