PDA

View Full Version : Who do you most want to have a breakout season in 2006?

Bossman641
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
For me this one is easy, Ferguson.

WR and RB have me the most worried for the upcoming year. I think Green is either gonna come back as good as ever or be a complete bust. The injury has been bugging him for a few years and maybe cleaning it up will really help him. At worst, we end up with a slightly improved Gado.

Driver is an average #1 receiver, one of the most underrated WR in the league. Losing Javon will be a huge blow though. He opened up everything underneath. If Gardner and Ferguson fail to step up it will be a very long year again, with teams able to roll coverage to Driver and single cover the rest. WE NEED ONE OF THOSE TWO TO COME THROUGH BIG.

Maybe I've been drinking too much kool-aid lately, but I'm quite happy with our projected 53 man roster. it would have been nice to land a DE in FA or the draft, but after Mario and Hali there was nobody I really liked that much. Sanders helped develop some of the young lineman last year, let's hope he can do the same with Montgomery. I really like our depth at DT. Nice collection of guys there.

LB has gone from a major weakness to possibly a strength. With Barnett, Hawk, and either Hodge, Poppinga, Taylor, or Manning I feel pretty good about this position. There will be some good competition and good hitting coming from there. Everyone talks about Hodge and Poppinga, but I think Manning might make a big jump this year. Taylor might not even make the team if Thomas comes back and shows something. He might be this year's Raynoch Thompson.

At CB I'm just glad we shouldn't have to play guys like Dendy and Horton anymore . I like Woodson, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins, and Blackmon to emerge from this spot. Should be some good competition at safety as well. Collins and Manuel are locks but after that its wide open. We basically know what we have in Roman. He's a below average starting safety but a decent backup. Underwood needs to show improvement or he might be gone.

We know what we have with Favre. If he rededicates himself and takes to McCarthy's offense there is nothing to worry about.

At TE, Donald Lee was a nice addition last season. He seemed to develop a good relationship with Favre but then struggled a little down the stretch. I think we'll see a lot of 2 TE sets this year, especially if the WR's struggle. Franks and Lee is a good combo to have, completely different skill sets.

I'm actually not that worried about the line. Collledge should be an immediate starter at LG. Right now, my money is on Barry for the other spot. No matter what though, there will be a lot of guys fighting for that open guard spot.

I like what TT is doing. Bring in a lot of guys and let them all fight it out. I'm much more happy with our depth then I have been in a while. We got a lot younger real fast, but there is starting to be a nice little base of talent there. Let's get the season started.

Partial
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I think this will be the year of Kenny Peterson, Colin Cole, and Ahmad Carroll.

I think all three will have big, big years and Woodson will be one and done here, allowing them to bring in a big-time receiver or DE in free agency.

It would not at all surprise me if KP gets the majority of the snaps at the end spot on running downs.

I think the offense will be pretty bad, but the defense will be incredibly solid come December when it matters.

Honestly, I could see them making a late season push towards the playoffs.

Guiness
05-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Ferguson breaking out would definitely be the best case for GB. Any of the WR really. Gardner, Boerig... We could really use a big season from one of them.

But my pick is Gado. I'd like to see him pick up right where he left off.

Second choice would be Kenny Peterson. It would be great if the light went on big time for him, and he became a force.

RashanGary
05-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm hoping for Green/Gado/Davenport. I want at least one to prove they can play at a high level. My preference would be Gado but Davenport is a close second.

Joemailman
05-01-2006, 03:30 PM
On offense, we need at least one veteran guard to step up. I think Coston and Barry are the best hope there. We also need to see someone step up as the #2 receiver. Gardner is the best hope there. I've pretty much given up on Ferguson as a starter.

On defens, we need more of a pass rush from our DE's. If KGB doesn't improve, I think he will be increasingly replaced by Montgomery. We also need Ahman Carroll to provide some stability as the nickel back. That position was a disaster last year. I feel good about our linebackers. I don't know who will join Barnett and Hawk in the starting lineup, but whoever it is should be able to do the job.

Scott Campbell
05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
I'd really like Mike McCarthy to have a breakout season in 06.

No Mo Moss
05-01-2006, 03:42 PM

And nothing would signal to the NFL his presense then to come out week one and shit stomp those f*cking bears. I hope the players are as pumped about the opener as I am. If they can win that game it would be huge for a young team. Start the confidence early.

OS PA
05-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I'd love to see Greg Jennings have a breakout season, I think he can be an all-pro in his first year. I really want to see the little guy go along ways!

OS PA
05-01-2006, 04:01 PM

And nothing would signal to the NFL his presense then to come out week one and shit stomp those f*cking bears. I hope the players are as pumped about the opener as I am. If they can win that game it would be huge for a young team. Start the confidence early.

It'll be fun to show the bears how a good offense compliments a great defense.