PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers/Steelers Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Joemailman
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Finally we can start to gauge what progress the Packers have made since last season. Here are some things I'll be looking for:

Can the Packers show enough of a running game to keep defenses honest? The Packers will be facing a 3-4 defense, which will be good practice for the San Diego game coming in September.

Will the Tight Ends be any more of a factor in the passing game than they were last year?

Is James Jones this year's Jennings, or a training camp wonder?

Can Brandon Jackson start to pick up the important pass protection aspect of his position?

Will Poppinga be better in pass protection than last year?

Is Manuel better than last year, and if not, will any of the youngsters show enough to push him?

Will Justin Harrell start to assert himself and silence his critics.

Who will emerge as the top candidate as the #3 CB?

Is Johnny Jolly coming into his own, or is he a training camp phenom?

Freak Out
08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Finally we can start to gauge what progress the Packers have made since last season. Here are some things I'll be looking for:

Can the Packers show enough of a running game to keep defenses honest? The Packers will be facing a 3-4 defense, which will be good practice for the San Diego game coming in September.

Will the Tight Ends be any more of a factor in the passing game than they were last year?

Is James Jones this year's Jennings, or a training camp wonder?

Can Brandon Jackson start to pick up the important pass protection aspect of his position?

Will Poppinga be better in pass protection than last year?

Is Manuel better than last year, and if not, will any of the youngsters show enough to push him?

Will Justin Harrell start to assert himself and silence his critics.

Who will emerge as the top candidate as the #3 CB?

Is Johnny Jolly coming into his own, or is he a training camp phenom?

It's a bummer Wynn tweaked his quad because I was really looking forward to seeing him in the RB rotation.

MJZiggy
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Isn't Mad supposed to do the game thread? He's on a streak and I don't want it broken...

GBRulz
08-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I think it's only fair that he gets to start his streak for the regular season. It doesn't really matter who does the thread for pre-season.

MadtownPacker
08-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Exactly, the preseason don't mean squat. Except for those trying to make the roster but they dont count for much either.

cheesner
08-10-2007, 08:07 PM
double post

cheesner
08-10-2007, 08:08 PM
SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Time TV
Sat., Aug. 11 at Pittsburgh Steelers 6:30 p.m. State

For us out-of-towners

NFL Network
Sunday, August 12
8. Kansas City at Cleveland 11 a.m.
9. Carolina at New York Giants 2 p.m.
10. Green Bay at Pittsburgh 5 p.m.
11. Arizona at Oakland 11 p.m.

So locals please don't post anything about the game until after we get to see it on NFL network. :D

MJZiggy
08-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Is that Eastern time?

cheesner
08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Is that Eastern time?

NFL NETWORK AIR TIMES FOR 2007 PRESEASON GAMES
(ALL TIMES EASTERN/BOLD INDICATES LIVE)

from

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10257691

I, of course bolded it. The Packer game is not live.

4and12to12and4
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
When is this game gonna be aired on NFL Network? I don't want to miss it. I live in Chicagoland area. So, I can't see it locally. Anyone know if NFL Network is gonna replay it and when?

MJZiggy
08-10-2007, 08:45 PM
4and12, Ummm...Please read the 3 posts right above yours...

GBRulz
08-10-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=7578

:repost:

GBRulz
08-10-2007, 10:34 PM
So locals please don't post anything about the game until after we get to see it on NFL network. :D

How about.... you out of towners, don't read this thread until after you get to watch the game on NFLN :wink:

KYPack
08-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Exactly, the preseason don't mean squat. Except for those trying to make the roster but they dont count for much either.

Mad starts the game thread for the first regular season game.

We don't wanna break up that "final 4" game win streak Karma!

Packnut
08-11-2007, 01:07 PM

How about.... you out of towners, don't read this thread until after you get to watch the game on NFLN :wink:

I'll be listening to WTMJ tonight. I did that for 25 years BEFORE God gave me the NFL Sunday ticket. :wink:

Yep, spent many a winter sitting in the car freezing my ass off on a Sunday afternoon. To much static inside the house, so the car was the only option.

Rastak
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Hopefully you guys will be on the live game thread, I have no access to watch the game, I'll just follow along with you guys.

I'll probably watch the replay though. Just finished watching the Vikings replay. Comcast has NFLN games in HD now!

Yea baby!

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 01:35 PM
How did the Vikings look? I heard Jackson looks like complete crap. Accurate?

Rastak
08-11-2007, 01:59 PM
How did the Vikings look? I heard Jackson looks like complete crap. Accurate?

Yea, 8 of 11 for 83 for 1.5 quarters.
25 yards rushing. No turnovers. Doesn't sound horrible to me:D
He wasn't great, he wasn't bad. He needs game experience.

Where did you hear that? Or was it wishful thinking.....LOL

edit: Oh, to answer your question on how the Vikings looked....pretty damn avaerage I'd say. Defense showed some flashes. QB's were under pressure. No red zone offense again for the Vikings and Richardson and Hutchinson didn't play. They have a ways to go on offense. Jackson is by far their best option at QB. He played pretty well.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 02:22 PM
John Clayton said he looked lost. Said he had talent, but was not ready to play in the NFL.

Rastak
08-11-2007, 02:27 PM
John Clayton said he looked lost. Said he had talent, but was not ready to play in the NFL.

Nah, he didn't look lost at all. John is entitled to his opinion. I thought he looked ok. His teammates say he's poised and confident. I think he'll end being an ok NFL QB from what I've seen so far.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2007, 02:41 PM
The guy has talent. He's just raw, and the offensive playcalling is VERY conservative. Actually, he reminds me a lot of J.P. Losman, and I wouldn't be surprised if his career path kind of follows him. I don't think Losman played much his rookie year. Kind of lost his second year. Last year, it was his third year, he looked improved, and looks like he has a decent future. Both guys can run, but they aren't in the Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Vince Young, Steve Young class. Both guys have solid arms, but they aren't in the Favre and Elway elite class for arm strength.

GBRulz
08-11-2007, 03:18 PM

I'll be listening to WTMJ tonight. I did that for 25 years BEFORE God gave me the NFL Sunday ticket. :wink:

Yep, spent many a winter sitting in the car freezing my ass off on a Sunday afternoon. To much static inside the house, so the car was the only option.

awww, now there is a true fan!! Just curious..does Sunday Ticket show pre-season, too?

Rastak
08-11-2007, 03:23 PM

Nope. I had it for a couple of years....I used to wish it did....
awww, now there is a true fan!! Just curious..does Sunday Ticket show pre-season, too?

GBRulz
08-11-2007, 03:47 PM
You had it to make sure you didn't miss any of the Packer games, eh, Ras? :wink:

Rastak
08-11-2007, 03:53 PM
You had it to make sure you didn't miss any of the Packer games, eh, Ras? :wink:

Actually I did watch them all when I had it. I'd miss pieces of it because the MAIN team was playing so I'd only flip over during commercials....

CaliforniaCheez
08-11-2007, 04:30 PM
WTMJ is on while I'm doing some household chores before going to watch the game.

What other team has a 3 hour pregame show for an exhibition game??

Packnut
08-11-2007, 04:45 PM

No, but for what they charge now, they should! Thank God for the NFL network.

Rastak
08-11-2007, 04:47 PM

No, but for what they charge now, they should! Thank God for the NFL network.

No shit....they should show EVERY preseason game live for what they charge....PLUS, season ticket holders pay FULL PRICE for these games.

NFL should treat them as real games when it comes to packages like this.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Woodson and Harris will both be held out tonight. Great chance for Dendy, Bush, Blackmon, Walker and Williams to show what they can do.

BallHawk
08-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm relying on you locals for the color commentary tonight. :wink:

I'll be using NFL gamecenter, but that'll be about 25-60 seconds behind you guys.

For the first time in about 8 months, I can finally say that it's gameday. :D

BallHawk
08-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Funnily enough, one of the most intriguing battles tonight, IMO, is the #3 QB battle.

I'm rooting for Thompson, but we'll see what happens.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm relying on you locals for the color commentary tonight. :wink:

I'll be using NFL gamecenter, but that'll be about 25-60 seconds behind you guys.

For the first time in about 8 months, I can finally say that it's gameday. :D

Am on game center tonight also. Hopefully a good amount of people show up tonight.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Haven't posted in a while, but it's gameday! I'm on gamecenter, too. I looked everywhere for a stream, but nothing doing. Oh well.

Go Pack. I'm rooting for you, BJack.

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:07 PM
gamecenter for me as well - unless someone's streaming it?

Anyone have a link handy for that site that had links to games being broadcast over the 'net? I remember you needed some kind of a special viewer to see it...

vince
08-11-2007, 06:09 PM
gamecenter for me as well - unless someone's streaming it?

Anyone have a link handy for that site that had links to games being broadcast over the 'net? I remember you needed some kind of a special viewer to see it...http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/

Regrettably, no one's streaming it there.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I checked TVU and Sopcast. Nothing doing there. Maybe someone else found something?

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
that's it - you the man Vince :D

'cept there's nothing listed for the Pack game :(

PackerBlues
08-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Jana Jurkovich.......dont tell me that skinny little woman is John Jukovicks wife???

MJZiggy
This one's just killing me. It's being broadcast here on DTV, but I don't get that channel...

Rastak

In a totally unrelated note, you still reading Sword of Truth.....

and how bout them Packers.....

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:18 PM
well, well wonderfookingful.....radio station for the game is not coming in. :( :x :cry:

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:21 PM

Not really - I think I told you, I had started reading the series after a 10 year layoff - so I restarted it. I read as far as 'A Crown of Swords' and got stalled. Those couple of books in the middle are very slow, and it seems like nothing is happening. I hope the later ones are better?

edit: any idea on how RJ is doing?

Rastak
08-11-2007, 06:24 PM

Not really - I think I told you, I had started reading the series after a 10 year layoff - so I restarted it. I read as far as 'A Crown of Swords' and got stalled. Those couple of books in the middle are very slow, and it seems like nothing is happening. I hope the later ones are better?

edit: any idea on how RJ is doing?

no no no....sword of truth not Jordan's books. Wizards first rule.... :)

Not sure on Jordan....now back to your game day thread......kickoff must be minutes away....

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:27 PM
no no no....sword of truth not Jordan's books. Wizards first rule.... :)

Not sure on Jordan....now back to your game day thread......kickoff must be minutes away....[/quote]

Bugger - brain fart there. Yes, I'm reading SoT - that's what I stopped reading RJ to read. Sandwiched the final Harry Potter novel in there as well.

It's 7:30, and I'm watching GC for the first Packer action of the fall!!!

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:31 PM
haha.....got it in!!!! (and they say swearing doesn't make matters better!) :P

Go Pack!!! :clap: :cow:

Rastak
08-11-2007, 06:31 PM
So, were there any kickoffs yet?

justanotherpackfan
08-11-2007, 06:32 PM
haha.....got it in!!!! (and they say swearing doesn't make matters better!) :P
:lol:

GrnBay007
So, were there any kickoffs yet?

No, I was just freaking out prematurely :D

Guiness
Why no Gamecenter link yet???
:evil:

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Coin toss

Packers receive :D

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:34 PM
There's the link!

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM
well, that was quick....4th down, ryan punting

ND72
Just gotta say that this team cannot win any games if they get no yards on 1st down. They have to be at least 2nd and 8 or less on every possesion.

GrnBay007
37 yard punt. 10 yard return

Guiness
Auspicious beginning

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Fergie in as #3WR???

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:41 PM
no gain for the pooper :P

justanotherpackfan
08-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Jenkins is having a heck of a game.

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Jenkins is having a heck of a game.

lol

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Ben for -6? Was that a sack or was he actually running backwards?

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Scrambling back, I assume.

How did the Pack get the ball? No punt?

J-Rok
Yeah.. Gamecenter's all messed up right now. Turd for 4?

GrnBay007
NOTHING happening for the Packer O

ND72
08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
our offense is bad

J-Rok
Rob Davis for -5? Whattt?

Hahah, changed to Scott Wells.

GrnBay007

Jenkins knocked the ball lose, Packers recovered

then they did nothing on offense

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:47 PM
And who's punting? Is it.. # 47 Alvin Nnabuife? Because that's what Gamecenter's saying..

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 06:47 PM
How long before MM calls a running play?

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM

Jenkins knocked the ball lose, Packers recovered

then they did nothing on offense

Oh. GC said M. Smith recovered.

RIPackerFan
Why haven't they run the ball yet - at least Jackson had a nice blitz pick-up.

vince
Whoever ever the clown is entering data into GameCenter is clueless. (S)He's gotten more wrong than right so far.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Now I know why I hate gamecenter. I'll stop complaining now.

Rastak
08-11-2007, 06:50 PM
If this was important enough for you people you'd move to Wisconsin.....

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

j/k

vince
08-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Are Underwood and Bigby in the game already, or is this more GameCenter nonsense?

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:51 PM

My kids won't let me. I bring it up 12x a year...lol

Guiness
Are Underwood and Bigby in the game already, or is this more GameCenter nonsense?

And Blackmon...playing CB?

J-Rok
Well, Woodson and Harris are out. Who's starting instead? I see Blackmon's name in on the tackle. Anyone out there that can tell us who's playing right now?

Rastak
08-11-2007, 06:52 PM

They get to decide?

:D

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Woo! What did that play just look like? Hawk stop Poop cold?

Guiness
08-11-2007, 06:53 PM
50yd punt then out of bounds - nice!!!!!

TopHat
08-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, Woodson and Harris are out. Who's starting instead? I see Blackmon's name in on the tackle. Anyone out there that can tell us who's playing right now?

Woodson, Harris inactive
Cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Al Harris are among eight players the Packers deactivated for tonight's preseason opener at Pittsburgh.

The others are: running backs P.J. Pope, Vernand Morency and DeShawn Wynn; fullback Brandon Miree; defensive end DeVon Hicks; and tackle Tony Moll. All of them missed practice the past week because of injuries.

Woodson and Harris both sat out Thursday's night practice because of injuries. Woodson injured his hamstring in the morning practice, and Harris has complained of back tightness. They also sat out last Saturday's Family Night scrimmage.

UPDATE: As expected, fill-in starters are: Korey Hall for Miree, Jarrett Bush for Harris and Patrick Dendy for Woodson.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Woo! What did that play just look like? Hawk stop Poop cold?

Cullen Jenkins really stacked things up inside. Hawk got the tackle.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:56 PM

They get to decide?

:D

lol well $$ speaks louder than them. WI (state job) doesn't pay as well.

falco
08-11-2007, 06:56 PM
this really pisses me off. show the damn game. we don't need to see mccarthy family dinner while plays are being run

OKC PackerFan
08-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Pittsburgh radio live game stream here folks

http://www.dve.com/main.html

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 06:57 PM
this really pisses me off. show the damn game. we don't need to see mccarthy family dinner while plays are being run

LOL!!

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 06:58 PM

My most favorite rookie rat ever.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Packers receivera have not gotten open at all yet.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Defense is really exciting. Offense, not so much.

Sort of expected this against a 3-4. Also, defenses are usually ahead of offenses becuase offense relys on rythm more.

Still, I am really pumped about the D. Stopping the Steelers on 3rd and 1 is no small task. WAY TO GO!!

Packnut
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Well so far, nothing on offense. Same ole shit.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Are you watching or listening Joe?

J-Rok
Hahaha, Charlie Batch? Hahahaha.

RIPackerFan
I would recommend Sirius Satellite radio - I am listening to a live broadcast of the game - with local broadcaster (I can also listen to Pitts' local if I want to).

As far as the offense is concerned - I am not too worried. First game and Pitt destroyed NO last week - and they have a much better O than us.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 07:01 PM

Are you watching or listening Joe?

Watching.

Nice play by Jarrett Bush to haul down Da Poop.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:01 PM
PIT play-by-play:

"Bigby beat badly"

That has some great alliteration--I just hope that isn't the norm.

PackerBlues
08-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Is it just me, or does Dendy look lost out there?

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Damn it Dendy, you're supposed to be my dark horse, you look more like a dead horse.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 07:03 PM
This will probably be Brett's last series. McCarthy said 12-15 plays.

sepporepi
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM

Have you signed up, or how can you listen?

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:06 PM
so when is Favre retiring?

Guiness
08-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Just click on the 'listen live' banner.

]{ilr]3
08-11-2007, 07:07 PM

Have you signed up, or how can you listen?

I clicked Listen Live and a popup window came up and i am listening live!!!!! :)

Thanks for the link!

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Looks like our 3rd and long offense hasn't changed or gained a yard yet.

Joemailman
What was Jennings doing on that pass play? He ran his pattern right into a triple team.

]{ilr]3
Actually not live. NFL.com is updating faster than the radio link..

Still awesome

Edit: Ok, not awesome, watching in HD is awesome. This is better than watching a web page update :)

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:09 PM

sepporepi
08-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Hmm, maybe i am stupid, but after I click whatever in the window nothing happens...

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Jenkins is a beast.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Steelers TD

]{ilr]3
08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Hmm, maybe i am stupid, but after I click whatever in the window nothing happens...

you might be blocking popups.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
wow, kick was blocked. when was the last time that happened?????

J-Rok
So, Blackmon blew that play?

Edit: looking at ND's post. Nevermind. Bigby?

ND72
Bigsby is cut...or he needs to learn how to tackle

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 07:14 PM
So far Cullen Jenkins and Mike Montgomery have been the bright spots.

]{ilr]3
08-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Maybe ST wont be such horror show this year 8-)

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:15 PM
ARod in

Brett 2 for 7

Guiness
08-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Just took a peek at the Bears game - wow, Grossman is 7/7 for 48yds!

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:17 PM
#1 offense looked bad. They just aren't very good at handling a 3-4 defense. Jackson ran pretty hard and the Oline did pretty good pass blocking but the WR's just didn't get open at all.

#1 defense looked as good as the offense looked bad.

falco
08-11-2007, 07:18 PM

actually I think packers had a block or two last year on extra points. I think williams maybe had 2?

]{ilr]3
08-11-2007, 07:19 PM
So are the Steelers blitzing much?

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:20 PM
They just didn't run the ball enough and the Steelers CB's were all over our short routes. You have to blame Brett and the WR's becuase he had time for the most part except that one play.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I wouldnt' say the STeelers blitzed much. It was a typical 3-4 defense where they confuse you, wondering where the 4th guy is going to come from.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:22 PM
good thing our DB's are competing for jobs, cause they all look like crap

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Underwood is horrible. Bigby as well.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm reminding myself it's the first preseason game.

GrnBay007
Just took a peek at the Bears game - wow, Grossman is 7/7 for 48yds!

That's scary. Please say that was a typo.

PackerBlues
and Dendy looked like he was confused.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Block another one, Montie!

PackerBlues
08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Put Harris and Woodson on the field, and our Defense looks a hell of a lot better. Our Offense looks just as bad as last year.......if not worse.

PTPaQ
08-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Can someone explain to me what happened on the big TD play? Was Blackmon the one in coverage?

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Underwood is horrible. Bigby as well.

Underwood looked like an outfielder who misjudges a fly ball and just watches it sail over his head.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Rexy is 8-10 for 50 yards now.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:29 PM
our special teams are still shitty

Harlan Huckleby
I'm going to do a shot every time the packers get a first down.

Bigby looked awful on three plays. But Blackman and Bush made some nice tackles at corner. You win some, you lose some.

RIPackerFan
It seems that our O-line is doing better - a couple of 4 reciever sets (so no keeping 6 to block 4) and there has been little pressure on the QB.

Special teams is still looking pretty bad - I thought it would be much improved.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Can someone explain to me what happened on the big TD play? Was Blackmon the one in coverage?

Packers were in cover 2....Bigsby was the closest "zone" player, and he decided he'd try to get a highlight hit on him and missed.

Rastak
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Bigby looked awful on three plays. But Blackman and Bush made some nice tackles at corner. You win some, you lose some.

You on the wagon?

PackerBlues
08-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Not thirsty tonight?

OS PA
08-11-2007, 07:32 PM
James Jones.

RIPackerFan
08-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Looks like Jones is for real - a number three - do you think he there is any chance he beats out Jennings?

OS PA
08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Ferguson tried his best to let the other team catch it. As always.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Rodgers looked better than Brett, but that was a bad pass at the end.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Ferguson tried his best to let the other team catch it. As always.

LOL!

....break out year.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Can Rayner or Crosby punt? I mean seriously, your job is to either boom it or punt it short...but instead we punt it out of the back of the endzone when we need a touch punt. Ryan is not the answer, and he's the best we got.

falco
Rodgers brings that last pass down just an inch or two and its a great play.

Harlan Huckleby
damn, they got two first downs when I left the TV! well, here's to Aaron Rodgers.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Rodgers looked better than Brett, but that was a bad pass at the end.

I'm one of the few that think this...but it's not that surprising. Rodgers has looked better than Brett in every training camp practice I've been to this year. He should have retired.

GrnBay007
damn, they got two first downs when I left the TV! well, here's to Aaron Rodgers.

So how were those 2 shots?

RashanGary
Bigby is CUT!!

OS PA
08-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Bigby is CUT!!
Marviel's not the answer either. Bring on Rouse.

Harlan Huckleby
08-11-2007, 07:38 PM
that bottle of whisky was in my cupboard for at least 5 years. I may need a stomach pump.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Is Collins playing?

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:42 PM
that bottle of whisky was in my cupboard for at least 5 years. I may need a stomach pump.

ARod just got a 1st down. That's gotta be worth a double HH. :P

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Ryan is not the answer, and he's the best we got.

Ryan is averaging over 50 yards/punt. First one was a line drive, but the second one was nice. Dougherty is the one the punted in the end zone. You going to write Ryan off after one good one and one bad one?

That second punt had plenty of hang-time. We have to get some people to cover better. The guy on the outside didn't seem like he wanted to stay on the team.

falco
08-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Has Rouse or Harrell seen the field yet?

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Rodgers looks good.

BUBBA YOU FUCKING DICK!!

OS PA
08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Looks like Bubba is "back to being Bubba Franks".

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, the punting unit is getting a lot of practice. :(

SkinBasket
I would just like to add, again, that Dendy is a giant pile o' crap. Not even a steaming one, because that would infer some kind of energy being present, kinetic or otherwise, which simply isn't the case. On the bright side, Bush looks likes he's made improvements to his game.

HarveyWallbangers
As far as Pittsburgh blitzing, first two drives they blitzed. Not sure since. I'm done watching it--as I have to work. I know the first drive Polamalu blitz on second and third down. Pittsburgh ran no huddle both series Big Ben was in there. Offense couldn't do anything. First preseason game. Defense gave up 1 first down against Pittsburgh's first team offense--despite them running the no huddle. Again, first preseason game.

I will say that Bigby and Dendy haven't helped themselves. Tracy White should never be playing on defense. Special teamer only. Good thing it's preseason.

Jenkins dominated the Steelers new OT, Willie "Harry" Colon.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Ryan is not the answer, and he's the best we got.

Ryan is averaging over 50 yards/punt. First one was a line drive, but the second one was nice. Dougherty is the one the punted in the end zone. You going to write Ryan off after one good one and one bad one?

That second punt had plenty of hang-time. We have to get some people to cover better. The guy on the outside didn't seem like he wanted to stay on the team.

Yup...cause it's the same all the time. from the 20, he punts it 45 yards, and from the 45 going in when we have to punt, he punts it 45. He has no touch at all. As the season went on last year, September, averaged 48.7 per punt, October, 46.4 ypp, November, 42.3 ypp, December 39.8 ypp....THAT is not the answer.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm about to jump of Dendy's wagon :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I would just like to add, again, that Dendy is a giant pile o' crap. Not even a steaming one, because that would infer some kind of energy being present, kinetic or otherwise, which simply isn't the case. On the bright side, Bush looks likes he's made improvements to his game.

Preseason game, but defense has been fine--except for Bigby, Underwood, and Dendy. I doubt Bigby makes the team. I'm beginning to doubt Dendy makes the team. If Blackmon and Bush continue to impress, he won't. Underwood doesn't look good either, but I'll give him some time to get back into shape.

Packnut
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
If it was'nt so sad, it would be funny. And oh yeah, Ryan still sucks as a punter and the sympathy card can't be used now. Another fine job done by Teddy this off-season of upgrading that position........

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Yup...cause it's the same all the time. from the 20, he punts it 45 yards, and from the 45 going in when we have to punt, he punts it 45. He has no touch at all. As the season went on last year, September, averaged 48.7 per punt, October, 46.4 ypp, November, 42.3 ypp, December 39.8 ypp....THAT is not the answer.

What didn't you understand about him not being the guy that punted that ball?

ND72

you're kidding right? If Dendy is on our team again over Bush, Blackmon, Walker....I might question every decision making made at 1265

Partial
can any of you guys give a brief summary of how they are playing and some things that are standing out? I am at work.

Dan

ND72

What didn't you understand about him not being the guy that punted that ball?

I got that, just didn't say my bad...but still making the point that Jon Ryan is not all that.

Packnut
08-11-2007, 07:50 PM

I tried telling you and a few others here that he sucks did'nt I???????

At least your seeing the light now. :idea:

HarveyWallbangers
If it was'nt so sad, it would be funny. And oh yeah, Ryan still sucks as a punter and the sympathy card can't be used now. Another fine job done by Teddy this off-season of upgrading that position........

How did Ryan look on his last punt? Wasn't it 40+ yards, out of bounds at the 3? Dougherty kicked the one into the endzone.

ND72

you're kidding right? If Dendy is on our team again over Bush, Blackmon, Walker....I might question every decision making made at 1265

Jump off? the "of" threw me :)

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:51 PM
.......on a positive note, the Bears are getting beat by Houston. 8-)

Packnut
08-11-2007, 07:51 PM

How did Ryan look on his last punt? Wasn't it 40+ yards, out of bounds at the 3? Dougherty kicked the one into the endzone.

How about being consistent? 1 out of every 20 still SUCKS

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 07:52 PM
.......on a positive note, the Bears are getting beat by Houston. 8-)

oops, spoke too soon.

Bears 7-6

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 07:52 PM

I tried telling you and a few others here that he sucks did'nt I???????

At least your seeing the light now. :idea:

You were right, I was wrong :shock:

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:53 PM
anyone else notice how jacked Pittsburgh's Punter is? :lol:

Him8123
08-11-2007, 07:54 PM
well looks like bubba is on the chopping block dissapointing but seen it coming

Partial
08-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Summary? Anybody?? Collins? Harv? Ras? ND? 007?

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Clint "pump me with 'Roids" Kriewaldt

Carolina_Packer
08-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Ah well, this is kind of what they needed. To get some game action, some film to analyze, so the players have something to build on. It would be nice to see some signs of life on offense.

ND72
08-11-2007, 07:57 PM

Well :lol: in our like 6 run plays, pretty blah. I personally don't like or understand how the Packers run a zone offense. It just doesn't seem right to me, compared to the denver's etc.

James Jones looks GOOD.

Rodgers looks GOOD.

D. Line looks GOOD.

everything else...eh...preseason #1.

OKC PackerFan
Jones is making al the catches.

GrnBay007

D looks good. O looks horrible. ARod looking better than Brett did. :( The guys can give u details.

Him8123
08-11-2007, 07:58 PM
JJ is having a hell of a game hope he can keep that up

Partial
08-11-2007, 07:59 PM
thanks you guys are awesome go packers

OS PA
08-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Good
Aaron Rodgers
Pass Pro - for the most part
Noah Herron
James Jones
D-Line
Ruvell Martin (After that catch)

Bad
Robert Ferguson
Bubba Franks
First Team Run Blocking
Atari Bigby, Marviel Underwood, Patrick Dendy

Him8123
08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
hope martin can keep that up too

GrnBay007
JJ is having a hell of a game hope he can keep that up

**JJ** :clap: :clap: :clap:

RashanGary
Good
Aaron Rodgers
Pass Pro - for the most part
Noah Herron
James Jones
D-Line
Ruvell Martin (After that catch)

Good observation on the pass pro. A couple slip ups but better than we've seen in two years.

Him8123
I cant see the game listening to it on sirius how does jackson look???

RIPackerFan
Just a little perspective - last week, Pitt took NO 80 yards first drive and scored. NO had 2 first downs for the the first three drives (Brees playing two of them).

Pitt this week had one first down for first 2 drives with starters against GB.

What does them mean - nothing, since its only preseason.

OS PA
08-11-2007, 08:02 PM
OMG LOOK AT THAT! Even if it's a penalty.. damn.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
haha 007, you love that emoticon. It always seems like it's shouting exactly what you say too.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:04 PM
WOW. Rodgers is the star of this game other than the 1st team defense.

RIPackerFan
08-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Looks like Jones has played his way into the number 3 reciever spot. I think this performance is sealing Ferg's fate.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 08:05 PM
haha 007, you love that emoticon. It always seems like it's shouting exactly what you say too.

Yep!! and he's so cute with those 3 lil pieces of hair sticking up. :P

I'm on the JJ bandwagon. gotta cheer him on.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 08:07 PM

I feel bad for Brett. Someone say something positive.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I thought Brett was trying to be quick and decisive with his throws. He picked his spots and got rid of the ball very quickly. The Steelers just played good D.

Rodgers looks good, but Brett will look good too when he gets some more chances. The Steelers defense just defended those routes really well.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Houston 9 Chicago 7 hehe :twisted:

PackerBlues
08-11-2007, 08:11 PM

I feel bad for Brett. Someone say something positive.

How many snaps did Brett take? Against Pitts number one defense.....

Rogers did play against starters for a bit, but Pitt slowly started putting their rookie defensive players in. Rogers looked good, but what was he looking good against?

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
JJ has great hands and very good short area explosion to get open. He looked slow when he ran that long run after the catch. He's not going to scare the hell out of anyone, but he looks like he'll be a very good #2, #3 WR. Jennings has more explosiveness to his game; an extra gear that will allow him to make big plays. Jones looks like the reliable possession guy.

Very good piece though. He is going to be a good, reliable guy that Rodgers can count on for years to come.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Favre didn't play bad. There just wasn't anyone open. Most of Rodger's best plays have been when he was forced out of the pocket. Offense has been out of sync. Twice JJ has made people miss after making a catch, which is a key for him.

RIPackerFan
08-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Glad to see we are on the board. I am hoping to see some more of the rookies - specfically more of Rouse and Harrell. Jones has already shown enough.

No reason to be worried about Favre - Pitt just played some great D.

falco
08-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I hate Ferguson as much as everyone else, but where did you see him screw up this game? He's made a few catches, but hasn't stood out good or bad.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Favre didn't play bad. There just wasn't anyone open. Most of Rodger's best plays have been when he was forced out of the pocket. Offense has been out of sync. Twice JJ has made people miss after making a catch, which is a key for him.

Right, he's not fast, but he is very quick and explosive. He can get open quickly and he can get away from would be tacklers with his quickness.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
It's going to be fun in the 3rd and 4th quarters when the Steelers are trying to run the ball and we have Harrell and Cole playing. They are going to be like WTF, take you your starters :) Little do they know, one of those guys is a 3rd stringer.

Him8123
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
finally on the board

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm officially off the Dendy bandwagon. I think comparing him to Carroll made me think he had an ounce of talent. That little fucker looked like shit.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:18 PM
finally on the board

WELCOME!!

esoxx
08-11-2007, 08:19 PM
DD had a third down drop on a Favre pass so that didn't help. Lee also had a ball he should have caught.

Rodgers has looked pretty good, much better awareness it seems. He did throw a very poor pass on a short hitch route to Martin where he needed to put the ball outside and instead threw inside. Hit the Steeler CB right in the hands but he dropped it.

Jackson didn't show much in the run game but there really wasn't much room either. That's where a guy like Green would still find a way to get some extra yards with his strength and punishing style.

Abdul Hodge looks bad and could be cut if he doesn't start showing something. Bigby didn't look too good in coverage and whiffed bad on an open field tackle.

ST return and coverage units look poor. Similar to last year so far.

footballfever
nice to see you comin around Harrell, I was startin to wonder about you....... glad your off that bandwagon

RIPackerFan
Don't think Ferg was that bad - however, it he is not in the top three recievers, he is too expensive to keep on the roster.

One thing I was worried about after watching Pitt last week was the physical nature of the game - Pitt beat the heck out of New Orleans, and due to our lack of tackling in practices - I was worried we would be shell-shocked. I am glad to see we held our own.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 08:21 PM
It's going to be fun in the 3rd and 4th quarters when the Steelers are trying to run the ball and we have Harrell and Cole playing. They are going to be like WTF, take you your starters :) Little do they know, one of those guys is a 3rd stringer.

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like when Kampman was a rookie. He used to dominate those guys in the second half.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:22 PM
I like Ricardo Cochachly from the Steelers. He looks like a pretty good player.

Joemailman
08-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Big winner tonight might be Marquand Manual, and he didn't do anything. Unless Rouse sets the house on fire, Manual looks pretty safe right now.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Rodgers has looked pretty good, much better awareness it seems. He did throw a very poor pass on a short hitch route to Martin where he needed to put the ball outside and instead threw inside. Hit the Steeler CB right in the hands but he dropped it.

I wonder what the route was supposed to be. Likely, a bad throw, but you'd hope your WR would notice the ball and come back or fight for it. Unfortunately, Martin looked like a 3rd stringer on that one.

RashanGary
I was NEVER sold on Blackmon, but he keeps showing up. Looks like he's gonna make the team.

Guiness
L. Birdine? Who the heck is he?

I guess the third stringers are officially in 8-)

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't think Ferg was that bad - however, it he is not in the top three recievers, he is too expensive to keep on the roster.

I'm no fan of Fergie, but why? Green Bay has $13M in cap room. The longer they keep a guy, the less the dead money will be in the future.

RashanGary
If it's possible to look good on a 3 yard loss, Blackmon just looked good on that 3 yard loss.

J-Rok
Nice start. 3 and out.

footballfever
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM

One thing I was worried about after watching Pitt last week was the physical nature of the game - Pitt beat the heck out of New Orleans, and due to our lack of tackling in practices - I was worried we would be shell-shocked. I am glad to see we held our own.

That bad???? dudes fricken horrible, what a joke. Had an offensive pass interference on that drop by Bubba....... how the hell do you get called for pass interference when you know the ball isn't coming your way?

ND72
08-11-2007, 08:31 PM
when it comes to the running game, it's not the players...it's the scheme. just not impressed with the zone scheme or hte packers scheme, cuase this is NOT the Atlanta/Denver zone scheme.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Rodgers and company are moving right down the field.

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Jackson and company, however, are not.

ND72
08-11-2007, 08:32 PM
when it comes to the running game, it's not the players...it's the scheme. just not impressed with the zone scheme or hte packers scheme, cuase this is NOT the Atlanta/Denver zone scheme.

Those toss zones that they've ran twice tonight are awesome. LOVED running the toss zone in college. defense is forced to react to the toss, then the runner than read and react from there. The packers zone is too much of just reacting, and was all last year, very little reading.

falco
08-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Rodgers is fun to watch. I hope they give him some serious time against first stringers this offseason.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:35 PM
AARON FUCKING RODGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him8123
touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

footballfever
nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey hey gooooooooooodbye fergy

ND72
08-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, and Holiday are my picks for our 5 WR's....Holiday isn't anything special, he just catches every ball.

OS PA
So far the Packers Wide Recievers, minus Fergy, are the stars of the game.

Joemailman
After tonight, it will be hard for people to argue that Rodgers isn't making progress (but some will still try).

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Rodgers - 14/20 146 yards 1 TD

QB Rating: 133.93

RashanGary
Might have to keep 6. For some reason I just don't want to give up on Bodiford.

falco

They looked like crap against Pittsburgs first string defense.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:38 PM

NO WAY

It's Rodgers!!

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Rayner kicks his second kickoff into the endzone for his second touchback.

ND72
08-11-2007, 08:39 PM
And I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I think, and want Mason Crosby to be our kicker. My gut tells me he's a Thompson draft pick anyway...but I just like Crosby. Plus, Rayner is a jackass...friend of mine's roommate was "dating" him....but only on tuesday's. He evidently had been dating 6 different girls throughout the week.

But back to football, I just like Crosby.

ND72
Rayner kicks his second kickoff into the endzone for his second touchback.

That was Crosby.

Guiness
2nd touchback for Raynor - or was that Crosby? Radio and GC have it different.

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Crosby's was higher too.

ND72
08-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Joe McCarthy....wasn't he the famous "everyone is a communist" years back from Wisconsin?

J-Rok
My bad. Well, Gamecenter's bad. They have Rayner with the kicks.

Him8123
im with ya on crosby i think hes gonna be a really good kicker

J-Rok
08-11-2007, 08:44 PM
M. Barr 1 -999.0 0 0

Gamecenter???

footballfever
08-11-2007, 08:44 PM
mighta found our return man, hes gotta have somethin on his jersey no one can take him down!

Him8123
08-11-2007, 08:45 PM
damn can never get a good play without a flag attached

RashanGary
08-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I doubted Blackmon, but the guy has done nothing but make it impossible to cut him.

GrnBay007
08-11-2007, 08:46 PM
mighta found our return man, hes gotta have somethin on his jersey no one can take him down!

Is he Hesterish? :P