PDA

View Full Version : Young in GB?

b bulldog
05-01-2006, 03:50 PM
On 107.5 this morning they said that if Young was still available at pick 5, TT would have probably selected him. They got this from an insider. I love the fact that they got Hawk and Hodge!

beakerman
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
TT mentioned in an interview that he had decided on picking Hawk 3 weeks ago

FritzDontBlitz
05-01-2006, 04:02 PM
gotta love the "what if?" threads.

swede
05-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, he said he really wanted to pick Hawk and was praying he'd be there.

I think there is a chance that he might have done something that his draft board demanded, even if his heart was with Hawk.

I am glad the draft fell the way it did 1-5.

(Call me mean but i thoroughly enjoyed the idea of Reggie Bush's family yelling at the agent through the speakerphone to get a 30 million signing bonus or Reggie would hold his #1 ass out. Whereupon they find out that they are now negotiationg with the wrong team. Second pick is a bit east of here in New Orleans.)

beakerman
05-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Cutler is going to turn out to be the man anyway... 5 years from now we all will be saying Vince Young who? and Matt Leinert what??

Fritz
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I did see the reference TT made to praying that Hawk was there. That's a visual that is humorous to me - TT on his knees by the side of the roll-away cot he keeps in his office, praying: "Dear God: Bless my family and my two friends and all the poor people around the world. Please bring peace to the world, and most of all, please please please let AJ Hawk be there when we pick at #5. Amen."

MJZiggy
05-01-2006, 05:17 PM
He'll have millions of friends if this draft works out as well as everyone thinks it will.

oregonpackfan
05-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Cutler is going to turn out to be the man anyway... 5 years from now we all will be saying Vince Young who? and Matt Leinert what??

I feel the same way, Beakerman. I think Young's running skills, passing out of the shotgun were more suited for the college game. In addition, his sidearm passing mechanics just will not work in the NFL.

Oregonpackfan

Guiness
05-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Well, he said he really wanted to pick Hawk and was praying he'd be there.

I think there is a chance that he might have done something that his draft board demanded, even if his heart was with Hawk.

I am glad the draft fell the way it did 1-5.

(Call me mean but i thoroughly enjoyed the idea of Reggie Bush's family yelling at the agent through the speakerphone to get a 30 million signing bonus or Reggie would hold his #1 ass out. Whereupon they find out that they are now negotiationg with the wrong team. Second pick is a bit east of here in New Orleans.)

Even worse than that, is the financial beating Leinart took. I saw an article that compared the first and tenth pick's deals last year, and there is essentially $40mil difference. Leinart could be out that money, cause he probably would've gone #1 last year.

I know tuition is going up, but damn!

packrulz
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Leinert looked pissed off when he got drafted. Byebye $40 mil.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I heard a report that Thompson's likely draft board was Bush #1, Mario or Hawk #2, the other #3, Davis #4.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I heard a report that Thompson's likely draft board was Bush #1, Mario or Hawk #2, the other #3, Davis #4.

This would seem to make the most sense. All that QB talk was just to get someone to trade up and still get on of the marquee players. TT played his cards right and ended up with a solid, well grounded human being who like to hit people. Great draft!!!!!

BF4MVP
05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I dunno what would have happened, but I'm happy with what happened.

HAWK - HODGE - BARNETT

Offenses will cringe at the thought of facing these guys. Cuz it basically means they're gonna get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT.