PDA

View Full Version : Rogers looked awesome! Lets trade him!

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I have been getting some real good laughs from the young guys talking about how great Rogers looked. He did look good, but he looked good against 2'nd and 3'rd string players. Do you think that Pittsburg fans are pointing at Charlie Batch and saying that he did better than Ben Roethlisberger? Do you think any of them are looking for arguments involving the idea of replacing Ben Roethlisberger with Charlie Batch?

Lets be realistic here. Favre played the amount of snaps that M3 wanted him to play. Thats it. There are a number of reasons that Rogers took more snaps than Favre in the game last night. Lets not forget the number one reason: Favre is to valuable to lose in a pre-season game, Rogers is not. Yes, Rogers needs to prove that he can replace Favre............ someday. Right now however, he is nothing more than a back up, no different than Charlie Batch. With Rogers on the field, we were able to get a good look at our young WR's, without taking a chance of our star QB getting hurt.

Anyone else notice that Troy Polamalu, the SS for Pitt, got cleanly past our O-line on a blitz? That he could have layed the wood to Favre, but that he appeared to let up at the last second? You can read any number of things from that, I took it that Troy Polamalu is a class act that understands that this was a pre-season game, and that there was no reason to take a chance at injuring a legend with a free shot. It also shows that our O-line still has some work to do before the start of the season. Last but not least, I think it was a wake up call to M3 to take his star QB out of the game, and to put Rogers in.

Rogers did look good, he looked very comfortable. He knew what he had to prove, and he went about doing his best to prove it. It was apparent to me, that Rogers felt the need to show people that he could run. He also seemed to go directly for the safe "checkdown" reciever quite a few times, I am guessing because he wanted to prove that he can make quick decisions and will settle for short yardage passes. I am also guessing that he was taking a shot at Favre, as people tend to knock Favre by saying that he does not have the legs he used to have, or that he rarely goes to the "checkdown" reciever. These are good things though. Rogers knows that he has to prove that he can be as productive as Favre, and what better way to prove it than to make a point of doing the things that people say Favre is not that good at doing anymore. Rogers has his own agenda, and I cannot knock him for it. He looked great against those 2'nd and 3'rd stringers, and I am confident that someday, when either Favre retires, or Ted cuts Favre (Ha Ha) that Aaron Rogers will be ready to start.

P.S. I was just kidding about the trade thing. I doubt we could get anything for Rogers anyway.

The Shadow
08-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I Know : Thompson MADE Rodgers look very good and Favre suck because he secretly wants to get rid of Favre and put even more flouride in our water supply.

Joemailman
08-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Rodgers went to his checkdowns to take a shot at Favre? Favre completed 2 passes for 7 yards, so I'm thinking Favre was forced to go to checkdowns too. I wonder why he did that? As for the blitz, picking up the safety was Herron's responsibility. He missed. I wonder if he did that to take a shot at Favre.

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 11:52 AM
As for the blitz, picking up the safety was Herron's responsibility. He missed. I wonder if he did that to take a shot at Favre.

Ha Ha :)

Scott Campbell
08-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Rogers has his own agenda, and I cannot knock him for it.

It was apparent to me, that Rogers felt the need to show people that he could run.

I am also guessing that he was taking a shot at Favre, as people tend to knock Favre by saying that he does not have the legs he used to have, or that he rarely goes to the "checkdown" reciever.

So if I'm to understand you correctly, you think Rogers has a secrot plot to destroy Favre, and he's adapting his style of play purely to discredit Brett?

ROFL

And here I thought he just played pretty well.

Scott Campbell
08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
As for the blitz, picking up the safety was Herron's responsibility. He missed. I wonder if he did that to take a shot at Favre.

Maybe Rodgers paid Herron off.

I Know : Thompson MADE Rodgers look very good and Favre suck because he secretly wants to get rid of Favre and put even more flouride in our water supply.

I hear Ted has a little cloth doll of Brett. He sticks it with needles during games while reciting chants and stuff.

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 12:04 PM

It was apparent to me, that Rogers felt the need to show people that he could run.

I am also guessing that he was taking a shot at Favre, as people tend to knock Favre by saying that he does not have the legs he used to have, or that he rarely goes to the "checkdown" reciever.

So if I'm to understand you correctly, you think Rogers has a secrot plot to destroy Favre, and he's adapting his style of play purely to discredit Brett?

ROFL

And here I thought he just played pretty well. I think this is just you reading to much into this. I am simply stating that Rogers knows what people want to see from him. He showed everyone exactly what they wanted to see, just as I said, he ran with the ball, he used his checkdowns. He did a lot of scrambling.

Dont get so defensive so quickly. Aaron Rogers knows that he has to put on a show. Why in the hell wouldnt he try to show that he can do things well that Favre perhaps does not. I am not putting Rogers down for this, I would expect it from him or anyone else in a back-up position that wanted to be the starter.

I like the debating, but damn, lighten up a little. :flag: :cow:

The Shadow
08-12-2007, 12:10 PM

ROFL

And here I thought he just played pretty well. I think this is just you reading to much into this. I am simply stating that Rogers knows what people want to see from him. He showed everyone exactly what they wanted to see, just as I said, he ran with the ball, he used his checkdowns. He did a lot of scrambling.

Dont get so defensive so quickly. Aaron Rogers knows that he has to put on a show. Why in the hell wouldnt he try to show that he can do things well that Favre perhaps does not. I am not putting Rogers down for this, I would expect it from him or anyone else in a back-up position that wanted to be the starter.

Isn't this what football players do?
If only Robert Ferguson and Atari Bigby had seen your post!

Packnut
08-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Rodgers did exactly what he had to do. He smoked Pitt's two's and three's. Don't under-estimate that or play it down like it meant nothing. He failed to do that previously so this was a HUGE step up.

Now we just need him to be consistent and do it again next week when he has his chance. If he has another good outing, it will help his confidence and be a win-win situation for everyone.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2007, 12:33 PM

ROFL

Scott's not reading in to your post to much, because this is exactly what you’re saying. You’re implying Rodgers tried to play in a way that Favre doesn't play just to show the coaches that he is there man lol. First of all when you play QB you make certain reads and you decide what is best from there, you don’t just go out and say hey, you know what, today am going to run for 20 yards b/c Favre doesn't run anymore. When you run it's because no one is open and you have the opportunity to run, nothing more. Believe me Rodgers did not go in that game saying I have to play in a way that makes me more attractive to the team then Favre.

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Rodgers did exactly what he had to do. He smoked Pitt's two's and three's. Don't under-estimate that or play it down like it meant nothing. He failed to do that previously so this was a HUGE step up.

I thought that Rogers had a great QB rating coming out of the pre-season last year. He looked a lot more comfortable last night, and his passes looked smoother. Still not impressed with his accuracy, but it got him past the second and third string guys.

Again, lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

The Shadow
08-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Now we just need him to be consistent and do it again next week when he has his chance. If he has another good outing, it will help his confidence and be a win-win situation for everyone.

Where in the world did anyone do that??

Packnut
08-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Did you listen to WTMJ last night and this morning? PackerBlues stated that Rodgers did it against two's and three's in another post and that it's not that big a deal.

vince
08-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I think Packnut was referring to the infinite wisdom of Blues.

Edit: Packnut, you beat me to the punch...

Packnut
08-12-2007, 01:17 PM
From last night by PackerBlues:

How many snaps did Brett take? Against Pitts number one defense.....

Rogers did play against starters for a bit, but Pitt slowly started putting their rookie defensive players in. Rogers looked good, but what was he looking good against?

Packnut
08-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Ya know, ya learn a lot more when you PAY ATTENTION BEFORE making comments. :P

Scott Campbell
08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Blues - I don't see how you can read into Rodgers play that he was taking a shot af Favre. I also don't think Harrel's play was intended to take a shot at Pickett. And I don't think Bush's play was intended to take a shot at Woodson.

You're the only one reading too much into things here.

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Straight from Rogers own mouth. Do you guys want to read into what he himself said, and start bashing him for saying it?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=645707

"After what happened last year, I thought it was important to put on a good showing," said Rodgers, who posted a 48.2 rating in two relief appearances and suffered a broken foot in the second one. "I felt rusty. I missed some throws I should have hit.

"At the same time, I thought I was able to make some plays outside of the pocket, use my legs. That's the thing that most people may not count on is me being able to get out of the pocket and scramble and get a first down. I felt comfortable out there."

TopHat
08-12-2007, 01:26 PM
:wink: :wink:

TopHat
08-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Anyone else notice that Troy Polamalu, the SS for Pitt, got cleanly past our O-line on a blitz? That he could have layed the wood to Favre, but that he appeared to let up at the last second? You can read any number of things from that, I took it that Troy Polamalu is a class act that understands that this was a pre-season game, and that there was no reason to take a chance at injuring a legend with a free shot. It also shows that our O-line still has some work to do before the start of the season....I was just kidding about the trade thing. I doubt we could get anything for Rogers anyway.

I enjoyed a good laugh...PackerBlues & Packnut are hoots...and you are right...TP showed professional courtesy to Bret...the NFL boys know this young line well...it still has work to do to show NFL improvement....it is early. We shall see by the prime time Fox 3rd preseason game. I'll be watching...off on tour.

Scott Campbell
08-12-2007, 01:40 PM

As you're probably aware, I didn't like your early posts here. I know you still dislike Thompson a lot. But I think you're doing a great job of acknowledging the good with the bad. I don't read your posts and think "blind hatred" anymore. Your recent approach seems very fair and sensible. And you may in the end be right about Thompson too. Nice work.

Scott Campbell
08-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Straight from Rogers own mouth. Do you guys want to read into what he himself said, and start bashing him for saying it?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=645707

"After what happened last year, I thought it was important to put on a good showing," said Rodgers, who posted a 48.2 rating in two relief appearances and suffered a broken foot in the second one. "I felt rusty. I missed some throws I should have hit.

"At the same time, I thought I was able to make some plays outside of the pocket, use my legs. That's the thing that most people may not count on is me being able to get out of the pocket and scramble and get a first down. I felt comfortable out there."

What player doesn't want to put on a good showing? What QB including Favre doesn't want to be able to scramble for a first down?

There's a gigantic leap between what your posted above, and turning what he said or how he played into taking a "shot at Favre".

You're trying to take his solid play, and turn it into something sinister. And I think that is ridiculous.

cheesner
08-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I have been getting some real good laughs from the young guys talking about how great Rogers looked. He did look good, but he looked good against 2'nd and 3'rd string players. Do you think that Pittsburg fans are pointing at Charlie Batch and saying that he did better than Ben Roethlisberger? Do you think any of them are looking for arguments involving the idea of replacing Ben Roethlisberger with Charlie Batch?

Lets be realistic here. Favre played the amount of snaps that M3 wanted him to play. Thats it. There are a number of reasons that Rogers took more snaps than Favre in the game last night. Lets not forget the number one reason: Favre is to valuable to lose in a pre-season game, Rogers is not. Yes, Rogers needs to prove that he can replace Favre............ someday. Right now however, he is nothing more than a back up, no different than Charlie Batch. With Rogers on the field, we were able to get a good look at our young WR's, without taking a chance of our star QB getting hurt.

Anyone else notice that Troy Polamalu, the SS for Pitt, got cleanly past our O-line on a blitz? That he could have layed the wood to Favre, but that he appeared to let up at the last second? You can read any number of things from that, I took it that Troy Polamalu is a class act that understands that this was a pre-season game, and that there was no reason to take a chance at injuring a legend with a free shot. It also shows that our O-line still has some work to do before the start of the season. Last but not least, I think it was a wake up call to M3 to take his star QB out of the game, and to put Rogers in.

Rogers did look good, he looked very comfortable. He knew what he had to prove, and he went about doing his best to prove it. It was apparent to me, that Rogers felt the need to show people that he could run. He also seemed to go directly for the safe "checkdown" reciever quite a few times, I am guessing because he wanted to prove that he can make quick decisions and will settle for short yardage passes. I am also guessing that he was taking a shot at Favre, as people tend to knock Favre by saying that he does not have the legs he used to have, or that he rarely goes to the "checkdown" reciever. These are good things though. Rogers knows that he has to prove that he can be as productive as Favre, and what better way to prove it than to make a point of doing the things that people say Favre is not that good at doing anymore. Rogers has his own agenda, and I cannot knock him for it. He looked great against those 2'nd and 3'rd stringers, and I am confident that someday, when either Favre retires, or Ted cuts Favre (Ha Ha) that Aaron Rogers will be ready to start.

P.S. I was just kidding about the trade thing. I doubt we could get anything for Rogers anyway.
My vote for "Most Bizarre Analysis By A Fan Ever".

Please do a follow up. What does James Jones great performance mean? Was he trying to promote the use of light bulbs in Indonesia?

Rodgers played well, because he is a good football player, and it is what good football players do.

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Really enjoying the sarcasm.

Sorry that I am not as excited about Aaron Rogers performance as some of you guys are. He did look good in that pre-season game though. He looked so good in that pre-season game, that you can quote me when I say that "in the rest of the pre-season games, after Favre has played his 10-15 snaps, Aaron Rogers will put on a great show."

See if you can find anything to misquote, take out of context, or misinterpret in that statement. :taunt:

swede
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Really enjoying the...Aaron Rogers performance...He did look good in that...game though...you can quote me...

Your words...not mine. Good to see you are being more positive after a nice preseason win.

Scott Campbell
08-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Really enjoying the...Aaron Rogers performance...He did look good in that...game though...you can quote me...

Your words...not mine. Good to see you are being more positive after a nice preseason win.

ROFL

I was just about to ask him where he's been "misquoted", and then I read this.

Him8123
08-12-2007, 03:02 PM
im sorry when i read that i just took it as he wanted to shake the rust of show people what the packers are capable of like good throwning and scrambling when we have to just happens that our starter cant scramble as well anymore doesnt mean that rodgers is taking a shot at favre just a football player trying to play well and gear up for a season

RashanGary
08-12-2007, 03:05 PM
im sorry when i read that i just took it as he wanted to shake the rust of show people what the packers are capable of like good throwning and scrambling when we have to just happens that our starter cant scramble as well anymore doesnt mean that rodgers is taking a shot at favre just a football player trying to play well and gear up for a season

. ,

Learn them, use them, love them!!

I too punctuated my posts like a retard at one time. I've since realized that my opinion is judged based on how it is presented and I also was called a retard a couple of times. I decided to put some effort into my punctuation although I still suck at it somewhat. At least try though. If you break things up a little, people can understand you better.

Him8123
08-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Damn, that was completely my bad borat. I had not realized that the bell had rung already. I think people still understand what I was saying, despite my lack in punctuality.

RashanGary
08-12-2007, 03:19 PM
You probably think it's understandable because you read it like you wrote it. Punctuation is used so others can do the same. I had the same attitude. Like I said, I still suck. I'm sure some highly educated communication majors think I'm a retard (and I try). A little effort goes a long way though. A couple cleverly placed periods and commas do wonders for a short paragraph.

GrnBay007
08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Umm, the Packers won last night. Why so many critical peeps today? :cat:

Be Happy!!

:tup:

Him8123
08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Got it. I`ll keep that in mind. Thanks,.......Oh yea Packers won last night!!!!! :P :P :P :P

red
08-12-2007, 05:13 PM

you wanna know what i think?

i think you're some kind of deviated prevert, and you're organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 05:57 PM
You probably think it's understandable because you read it like you wrote it. Punctuation is used so others can do the same. I had the same attitude. Like I said, I still suck. I'm sure some highly educated communication majors think I'm a retard (and I try). A little effort goes a long way though. A couple cleverly placed periods and commas do wonders for a short paragraph.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. :rs:

The Shadow
08-12-2007, 06:59 PM

you wanna know what i think?

i think you're some kind of deviated prevert, and you're organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts

I'm just trying to do everything I can to stop Thompson's nefarious plot to lose his own job by destroying the Packers AND contaminate our precious body fluids!

The Shadow
08-12-2007, 07:03 PM

Ya know, ya learn a lot more when you PAY ATTENTION BEFORE making comments. :P

And there's just so darn much to learn from such erudite posts.

RashanGary
08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. :rs:

hahaha. . . That is good. Take out caps, commas and periods and it's a lot less readable. Maybe not, but that guys last post took me like 30 seconds to decipher. It just shouldn't take that long to figure out a three sentence paragraph.

PackerBlues
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM

hahaha. . . That is good. Take out caps, commas and periods and it's a lot less readable. Maybe not, but that guys last post took me like 30 seconds to decipher. It just shouldn't take that long to figure out a three sentence paragraph.

I agree. :mrgreen:

Him8123
08-12-2007, 07:58 PM
yeah that`s my bad :P

4and12to12and4
08-12-2007, 08:04 PM
This thread is ridiculous, a bit funny, but ridiculous. As sassy said, THE PACK WON, WE SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY!!!! There are MANY positives we can take from this game. Let's concentrate on those.

Him8123
08-12-2007, 08:08 PM
yea but i hope our running game shows some life in the next game unlike last night

falco
08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
This thread is ridiculous, a bit funny, but ridiculous. As sassy said, THE PACK WON, WE SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY!!!! There are MANY positives we can take from this game. Let's concentrate on those.

How is this thread ridiculous? Winning a preseason game doesn't mean jack. At least thats what we say when we lose them all the time, right?

GrnBay007
08-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Winning a preseason game doesn't mean jack. At least thats what we say when we lose them all the time, right?

It's different when we lose. :P

Joemailman
08-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Fergy didn't get hurt. :wow: :glug: :cow:

cpk1994
08-12-2007, 09:08 PM

I thought that Rogers had a great QB rating coming out of the pre-season last year. He looked a lot more comfortable last night, and his passes looked smoother. Still not impressed with his accuracy, but it got him past the second and third string guys.

Again, lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

So your saying his good game didn't mean anything?. Considering all the people on this forum who have called Rodgers a BUST since the moment he was drafted, I believe this performance means a lot.

cheesner
08-12-2007, 09:49 PM
So your saying his good game didn't mean anything?. Considering all the people on this forum who have called Rodgers a BUST since the moment he was drafted, I believe this performance means a lot.
But the story has gone from he is a bust to now 'He is only doing good in order to spite Brett Favre.'

the_idle_threat
08-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Got it. I`ll keep that in mind. Thanks,.......Oh yea Packers won last night!!!!! :P :P :P :P

That is a hilarious avatar! :lol:

PackerBlues
08-13-2007, 09:37 AM
:wow: All these years, and here I thought that pre-season games were used to bring the young guys up to speed. To see if they had what it took to be starters when the meaningful games started with the regular season. To decide who to keep and who to cut. Some of you douche bags may find this hard to believe, but some people don't even watch pre-season games. To some people, watching a pre-season game is about as important as watching the team practice. Some people will go so far as to say that pre-season games are completely meaningless. Anyone remember off the top of there head who the last team was that we beat in the pre-season before the steelers? I sure as hell don't. Anyone remember which teams went unbeaten in the pre-season last year? If you do, you must be a special kind of nerd. The off-season is to damn long, and I understand how badly people want to get back to the meaningful regular season games. But when you take into consideration that Brett Favre has 16 seasons under his belt as the starting QB for the GB Packers, don't go expecting everyone else to jump up and down with joy and act like a bunch of giddy little bitches, just because during the first game of his 3rd pre-season, Aaron Rogers finally looked good. Some of you geeks act like its the second coming of Brett Favre. Ha Ha.........losers! :crazy:

swede
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
:wow: All these years...I...used...douche bags...like a...giddy little bitch... :crazy:

It's okay. We Packer fans have a big tent and everyone is welcome!

Zool
08-13-2007, 10:07 AM
:wow: All these years, and here I thought that pre-season games were used to bring the young guys up to speed. To see if they had what it took to be starters when the meaningful games started with the regular season. To decide who to keep and who to cut. Some of you douche bags may find this hard to believe, but some people don't even watch pre-season games. To some people, watching a pre-season game is about as important as watching the team practice. Some people will go so far as to say that pre-season games are completely meaningless. Anyone remember off the top of there head who the last team was that we beat in the pre-season before the steelers? I sure as hell don't. Anyone remember which teams went unbeaten in the pre-season last year? If you do, you must be a special kind of nerd. The off-season is to damn long, and I understand how badly people want to get back to the meaningful regular season games. But when you take into consideration that Brett Favre has 16 seasons under his belt as the starting QB for the GB Packers, don't go expecting everyone else to jump up and down with joy and act like a bunch of giddy little bitches, just because during the first game of his 3rd pre-season, Aaron Rogers finally looked good. Some of you geeks act like its the second coming of Brett Favre. Ha Ha.........losers! :crazy:
Does it always rain on your planet?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-13-2007, 10:13 AM

I don't think anyone on this forum thinks A-Rod is the second coming of Brett Favre nor did they get too worked up about one good pre-season game for him. JH started a thread saying he looked good, but it was nothing over the top. The only one getting all worked up is you, calling people douche bags and such. I still don't even know the point you’re trying to make in this thread.

As I said in an earlier post, A-Rod played good, but it means nothing if he can't do it on a consistent basis. I agree that pre-season games don't mean much, but they definitely mean something. If A-Rod went out for four straight games and totally sucked ass you would say that means nothing? I would say that he must not be that good if he can't even play good against backs, wouldn’t you?

cpk1994
08-13-2007, 11:02 AM

Your TT and ARod hate blinds you from the point. The point is that people believe he was a bust from day one and simply refuse to give him any credit because you can't admit you might be a little wrong about him. Face it, you don't like TT because he drafted ARod, so as long as Arod doesn't improve it justifies your hate. ARod is showing definite improvement and it isstarting to tear your guts out because their is a possibity that TT is right and you are wrong. Now that people are excited about ARod's performance you have to act like a whiny little school girl and call people losers. I guess the saying about "It takes one to know one" rings true in your case.

Zool
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
He actually called some people douche bags. Were I one of the people he was referring to, I might take offense.

PackerBlues
08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
:jack:

A few of you seemed to catch on. Others went straight into attack mode. If you have said that this thread is ridiculous, or a joke, then you were right.
It started with the title of the post: "Rogers looked Awesome! Lets trade him!"
After that, the post started with 3 paragraphs explaining why we shouldn't get excited about Rogers just yet, and a few overall thoughts about what was seen in the game. That was followed by the 4'th paragraph where I started talking shit about Rogers. Nothing all that bad really, if you put yourself in Aaron Rogers shoes, then of coarse he is going to take a shot at Favre's (supposed) weaknesses. And, Yes, he is going to try to show what he thinks he needs to, to try to sway the Coaching staff towards thinking of him as starter material. Anyone who thinks differently is a little naive.

There were roughly 13 replies before TopHat became the first person to respond to anything before that 4th paragraph. Before that, The Shadow started up his cute little sarcastic conspiracy theories, which he kept up throughout the entire thread. Scott Campbell just couldn't get over that 4'th paragraph, lol.....I was just enjoying the thought of driving him nuts. Swede showed us all how much he enjoys playing word games. JH pointed out that punctuation is important, lol. Good job JH.

So, yes, this entire thread has been a joke. It started out with a joke of a title, and a joke of a 4'th paragraph, and it has become what it has become. I didnt notice anyone respond to anything that was said prior to the 4'th paragraph besides TopHat. Say a few bad things about Ted Thompson or Aaron Rogers, and just look at all the fun you can have playing with the Douche bags that go into attack mode. It was a hell of a lot more interesting than reading the BS :bs: "fluff" and "feel-good" posts that some were putting out.

So, no, I do not want to see Rogers traded. Yes, Rogers did look much improved over the last two pre-seasons, and yes, I hope that Rogers continues to show improvement over the coarse of the rest of the pre-season games.
As far as our Offense as a whole, I saw a need for improvement all around, and I am looking forward to the end of the pre-season and the start of the regular season.
:trll: :taunt:

Scott Campbell
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Scott Campbell just couldn't get over that 4'th paragraph, lol.....I was just enjoying the thought of driving him nuts.

Uh, yeah. I can't even sleep at night. Whatever shall I do?

Your cute little av goes great with your Mickey Mouse posts.

SkinBasket
08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
:wow: All these years...I...used...douche bags...like a...giddy little bitch... :crazy:

It's okay. We Packer fans have a big tent and everyone is welcome!

Very concisely paraphrased swede. Bravo!

PackerBlues
08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Scott Campbell just couldn't get over that 4'th paragraph, lol.....I was just enjoying the thought of driving him nuts.

Uh, yeah. I can't even sleep at night. Whatever shall I do?

Your cute little av goes great with your Mickey Mouse posts.

Ha ha ha, lol. Considering as how this was your 7'th reply to this "Mickey Mouse" thread, I imagine that you will keep coming back to see if anyone congratulated you on your incredibly witty :bs: response. If not, then that probably means that its your turn to congratulate somebody elses :bs: witty comment. Either way, I hope you have better luck sleeping at night.

:taunt:

The Shadow
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
:jack:

A few of you seemed to catch on. Others went straight into attack mode. If you have said that this thread is ridiculous, or a joke, then you were right.
It started with the title of the post: "Rogers looked Awesome! Lets trade him!"
After that, the post started with 3 paragraphs explaining why we shouldn't get excited about Rogers just yet, and a few overall thoughts about what was seen in the game. That was followed by the 4'th paragraph where I started talking shit about Rogers. Nothing all that bad really, if you put yourself in Aaron Rogers shoes, then of coarse he is going to take a shot at Favre's (supposed) weaknesses. And, Yes, he is going to try to show what he thinks he needs to, to try to sway the Coaching staff towards thinking of him as starter material. Anyone who thinks differently is a little naive.

There were roughly 13 replies before TopHat became the first person to respond to anything before that 4th paragraph. Before that, The Shadow started up his cute little sarcastic conspiracy theories, which he kept up throughout the entire thread. Scott Campbell just couldn't get over that 4'th paragraph, lol.....I was just enjoying the thought of driving him nuts. Swede showed us all how much he enjoys playing word games. JH pointed out that punctuation is important, lol. Good job JH.

So, yes, this entire thread has been a joke. It started out with a joke of a title, and a joke of a 4'th paragraph, and it has become what it has become. I didnt notice anyone respond to anything that was said prior to the 4'th paragraph besides TopHat. Say a few bad things about Ted Thompson or Aaron Rogers, and just look at all the fun you can have playing with the Douche bags that go into attack mode. It was a hell of a lot more interesting than reading the BS :bs: "fluff" and "feel-good" posts that some were putting out.

So, no, I do not want to see Rogers traded. Yes, Rogers did look much improved over the last two pre-seasons, and yes, I hope that Rogers continues to show improvement over the coarse of the rest of the pre-season games.
As far as our Offense as a whole, I saw a need for improvement all around, and I am looking forward to the end of the pre-season and the start of the regular season.
:trll: :taunt:

With your newly-introduced frantic backpedaling, perhaps a tryout at cornerback might be in the cards for you.
When the inanities of your positions are pointed out, it quickly becomes "Oh, it was just a joke" .
How convenient!

woodbuck27
08-13-2007, 12:36 PM
[quote=PackerBlues]Anyone else notice that Troy Polamalu, the SS for Pitt, got cleanly past our O-line on a blitz? That he could have layed the wood to Favre, but that he appeared to let up at the last second? You can read any number of things from that, I took it that Troy Polamalu is a class act that understands that this was a pre-season game, and that there was no reason to take a chance at injuring a legend with a free shot. It also shows that our O-line still has some work to do before the start of the season....I was just kidding about the trade thing. I doubt we could get anything for Rogers anyway.

I enjoyed a good laugh...PackerBlues & Packnut are hoots...and you are right...TP showed professional courtesy to Bret...the NFL boys know this young line well...it still has work to do to show NFL improvement....it is early. We shall see by the prime time Fox 3rd preseason game. I'll be watching...off on tour.[/quot

TopHat:

On tour? Are you a ROCK STAR?

A poet?

Of course. . . don't respond if your a private person or this is a private matter.

woodbuck27
08-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I went through the summary on NFL.COM without knowing the games results.

Comments:

Aaron Rodgers showed up very well.

Let's not knock his performance in the light of. . . he only faced 2nd or 3rd stringers. He needed a boost in confidence and seemed to get that fr. this pre-season game. We even won the game and that's all good for the Packers and coaching staff.

Something positive to build off but it's just pre-season Packer fans. No big deal.

I wanted to see how our running game did and it was as I expected. Not good!

There seems to be a good competition at kicker and punter and that is all good. Let the best man win !

ST's on kick returns and punt returns seems about the same as last season but. . .

hasn't our coverage of kicks and punts shown promise of improvement from this game?

A decent game from WR's James Jones, Ruvell Martin and Holliday (a TD!) seem to me the positive highlights on our 'O'. The running game needs to improve. Noah Herron with 20 yards on 4 carries is solid.Corey White also good.

RB Brandon Jackson got alot of carries. Is that a good thing so early? Too many eggs in one basket.

PackerBlues
08-13-2007, 01:20 PM
[quote=PackerBlues]Anyone else notice that Troy Polamalu, the SS for Pitt, got cleanly past our O-line on a blitz? That he could have layed the wood to Favre, but that he appeared to let up at the last second? You can read any number of things from that, I took it that Troy Polamalu is a class act that understands that this was a pre-season game, and that there was no reason to take a chance at injuring a legend with a free shot. It also shows that our O-line still has some work to do before the start of the season....I was just kidding about the trade thing. I doubt we could get anything for Rogers anyway.

I enjoyed a good laugh...PackerBlues & Packnut are hoots...and you are right...TP showed professional courtesy to Bret...the NFL boys know this young line well...it still has work to do to show NFL improvement....it is early. We shall see by the prime time Fox 3rd preseason game. I'll be watching...off on tour.[/quot

TopHat:

On tour? Are you a ROCK STAR?

A poet?

Of course. . . don't respond if your a private person or this is a private matter.

Looking at all of the responses to this post. Around 20 different people responded to it. Other than Woodbuck's post pointing this out, the first respectable response came from TopHat. He suggests that he disagreed with part of the post by saying that he had a good laugh. He follows that up by mentioning parts of the post that nobody else even paid attention to, agreeing that TP showed professional courtesy to Brett, and that our O-line still needs some work. He ended by stating how much he is looking forward to watching this team some more.

In the same way that TP showed class when he let up, instead of "layin the wood" to Favre, TopHat showed a lot of class in his response to this post by responding to the entire post, and not just the part he disagreed with.
Not once did he openly criticize anything I wrote, nor did he act sarcastic about it.

I know that many of the people that responded simply said what they wanted to say, and were satisfied with that. A few of the people such as GrnBay007, tried to keep everyone grounded, which was pretty cool. Others though, went straight to the sarcasm and the attacks, without trying to discuss anything about the post other than their attacks on the parts they didnt like. The real joke about this entire thread, is that without the sarcasm and people trying to be funny, it would have died after 3 or 4 replies.
:taunt:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
So my posts are not respectable because I don't agree with you, makes sense.

the_idle_threat
08-13-2007, 06:40 PM
With your newly-introduced frantic backpedaling, perhaps a tryout at cornerback might be in the cards for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well played!

MadtownPacker
08-13-2007, 10:48 PM

You never know, he might have even shut down Darren Charles back in high school. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-13-2007, 11:01 PM

You never know, he might have even shut down Darren Charles back in high school. :lol:

Well that would explain plenty.

GrnBay007
08-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Now, now.........c'mon, not all guys that don't care for TT have shut down Darren Charles :P

Bretsky
08-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Now, now.........c'mon, not all guys that don't care for TT have not shut down Darren Charles :P

I've shut down Darren Charles; underachieving puke