PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Bush is an ........interesting person.

PackerBlues
08-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Anyone have any good Bush videos they want to share?

Here is a video of famous presidential speeches......It makes me proud to say that I did not vote for this guy.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/109789/Great_Moments_in_Presidential_Speeches.html

falco
08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
This one is my all time favorite:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_RSQSYgGB4

To be honest, I think theres a little bit of truth in there.

Partial
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Propaganda.

While Bush is a pretty poor public speaker (which is by no means a correlation to intelligence), plenty of other presidents have made stupid mistakes in speeches, too. The thing is the internet and recording were not as prevalent 20, 30, 40, etc years ago to make these speeches so readily available to the public.

Bush is smarter than you'll ever be and has accomplished more as well. What makes you think he is an idiot and you are not?

falco
08-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Propaganda.

While Bush is a pretty poor public speaker (which is by no means a correlation to intelligence), plenty of other presidents have made stupid mistakes in speeches, too. The thing is the internet and recording were not as prevalent 20, 30, 40, etc years ago to make these speeches so readily available to the public.

Bush is smarter than you'll ever be and has accomplished more as well. What makes you think he is an idiot and you are not?

Of course its just propaganda Partial. Its just meant to be funny. Bush did his undergrad at Yale and earned his MBA from Harvard. Thats pretty impressive. Most people in the know think his "average joe" act is an attempt to earn votes.

You're hardly one to call anybody an idiot though.

BallHawk
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Do you feel a need to put everybody on this forum down? :roll:

Partial
08-13-2007, 09:01 PM

No, I don't feel the need to put anyone down. I think calling our president an idiot is an absolutely moronic thing to do. He is a very smart and accomplished man. Unless Packer Blues name is Jesus H Packerblues, I don't think he has accomplished more than Bush and thus has no reason to put him down.

falco
08-13-2007, 09:06 PM

No, I don't feel the need to put anyone down. I think calling our president an idiot is an absolutely moronic thing to do. He is a very smart and accomplished man. Unless Packer Blues name is Jesus H Packerblues, I don't think he has accomplished more than Bush and thus has no reason to put him down.

But of course you've accomplished far more than PackerBlues, and therefore have the right to put him down? And its okay for you to call someone moronic because they called someone else an idiot?

You have no idea what anyone else here has accomplished. Just because not everyone needs to brag about their guaranteed admission to a top ten grad school doesn't mean people here haven't accomplished things. It just means they aren't a braggart and a pompous ass like you.

Joemailman
08-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't call Bush an idiot. I might call him an incompetent President, a warmonger, or an authoritarian corporatist, but not an idiot.

BallHawk
08-13-2007, 09:31 PM
The term idiot is used loosely. If you call somebody retarded does that make automatically make them retarded?

How many threads do we have that involve some people in particular unleashing personal attacks on people? It's not only boring, but utterly pointless. Insulting somebody over the internet isn't going to keep them up at night. But hell, if you need to insult people to stroke your ego and feel better about yourself, do it so it doesn't mess up the discussion for everybody else.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2007, 09:33 PM
It's all idiotic. The thread. The same responses from the same people. The name-calling. The people that respond to the guy calling names--acting like they don't do the same. It's all idiotic.

falco
08-13-2007, 09:35 PM
It's all idiotic. The thread. The same responses from the same people. The name-calling. The people that respond to the guy calling names--acting like they don't do the same. It's all idiotic.

Ah thats right. Lets not forget the self-righteous poster who's above political debate, but can't restrain from dropping in to let you know just how above it he is.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
If there was debate, it would be cool. There isn't. It's boring. Hey, let's start another Bush thread. That's fine. I think it's a dumb thread whether it was a Bush or Clinton thread. I couldn't care less. I think it's idiotic when people start piling on the lone dissenting viewpoint with self-righteous pomposity. Re-read Partial's post, and tell me when he called somebody an idiot. Apparently, you can call somebody an idiot. When somebody responds saying that maybe you are the idiot. Your response is that the person shouldn't be calling somebody an idiot.

falco
08-13-2007, 09:50 PM
If there was debate, it would be cool. There isn't. It's boring. Hey, let's start another Bush thread. That's fine. I think it's a dumb thread whether it was a Bush or Clinton thread. I couldn't care less. I think it's idiotic when people start piling on the lone dissenting viewpoint with self-righteous pomposity. Re-read Partial's post, and tell me when he called somebody an idiot. Apparently, you can call somebody an idiot. When somebody responds saying that maybe you are the idiot. Your response is that the person shouldn't be calling somebody an idiot.

Harvey, I won't get in a debate over you with rhetoric. Partial said its moronic to call the president an idiot. My response was that its contradictory to say someone is moronic because they called someone an idiot.

My complaint with you is that you feel its a dumb thread, but have no problem dropping in to let everyone know how far this thread is below your standards.

PackerBlues
08-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Its kind of funny, but if you go back and look at the original post in this thread, I simply asked if anyone had any Bush videos they wanted to share, and stated that I was proud that I did not vote for him. Falco posted a really funny video, and immediatly thereafter, Partial starts accusing people of calling Bush an idiot. Show me where anyone said the word "idiot" in this thread before Partial took the high road with his patriotic act. :flag: Not only did Partial bring up the whole "idiot" bs, but he followed it up by ranting about Bush being smarter than (whomever he was ranting at) will ever be. There were no attacks of any kind here until Partial started his rant.

Getting back to sharing videos of Bush, here is an Irish interview of Bush. I dont know if this one really would make anyone think that Bush is an idiot, but it sure does make him look like a dick.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/114209/BANNED_President_Bush_Interview.html

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Harvey, I won't get in a debate over you with rhetoric. Partial said its moronic to call the president an idiot. My response was that its contradictory to say someone is moronic because they called someone an idiot.

My complaint with you is that you feel its a dumb thread, but have no problem dropping in to let everyone know how far this thread is
below your standards.

I agree with Falco, if you don't like the thread, don't post in it.

I found this thread started by you HW pretty bizarre but I didn't feel the need to let you know it.
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=7444

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2007, 10:33 PM

I found this thread started by you HW pretty bizarre but I didn't feel the need to let you know it.

That's fair. I don't agree, but I'll back out. Seems this board has gotten mean-spirited lately. Everybody is so polarized. On politics. On Ted Thompson. On many other things. Maybe my shot at Bigby and Walker was a part of that.
:oops:

retailguy
08-14-2007, 08:33 AM

That's fair. I don't agree, but I'll back out. Seems this board has gotten mean-spirited lately. Everybody is so polarized. On politics. On Ted Thompson. On many other things. Maybe my shot at Bigby and Walker was a part of that.

careful.... sounds like your calling for the "majority mob" that sticks together... FWIW, Harv I agree with you. you shouldn't back out. the internet has given everyone an opinion, including the IDIOTS. and PBlues- I'm still proud to have voted for Bush - TWICE, and I'd do it again too.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM

careful.... sounds like your calling for the "majority mob" that sticks together... FWIW, Harv I agree with you. you shouldn't back out. the internet has given everyone an opinion, including the IDIOTS. and PBlues- I'm still proud to have voted for Bush - TWICE, and I'd do it again too.

First off, I was not trying to be an A-hole, and I think HW is one of the best posters at PR. I'm just saying that one person shouldn't decide if a whole thread that people are posting in is dumb or not. And you’re right, everyone has an opinion, but that doesn't mean you shouldn’t have some courtesy for other people topics. As I already mentioned, everyone has there odd moments and I don't think its right to openly criticize like that. If HW was just giving his opinion on the topic then whatever, but you will never convince me that it's right to blast the whole thread just because a select few don't agree with it. And this thread wasn’t a complete BS thread like Tank and others used to start either. Even if you don't like the thread it can still have meaning full debate as long as you don't go ruin it saying how stupid it is. But that’s just this idiot’s opinion.

Partial
08-14-2007, 11:22 AM

I'd do it again too. People don't realize how hard it has to be to be put in such a tough situation. Few presidents would come out with strong approval ratings during such a tough time.

Personally, we can only hope our next leader has an equivalent pair of stones to the of GWB.

PackerBlues
08-14-2007, 12:49 PM
You know what? This is real f@#king simple. At the begining of this post I simply asked if anyone else had any Bush videos they wanted to share. Falco understood that, and posted a video. A very funny video I might add. After that, the real stupidity started.

Nobody asked for your biased opinion of Bush Partial, nobody needs or wants to hear you call them stupid or idiotic because you dont like the idea of people posting funny videos of Bush. Personally, I have no problem telling you, that you come off as a complete f@#king tool yourself for your immediate reaction to this thread.

I myself have plenty of opinions on Bush, if I wanted to share them with your stupid ass, I would have started a thread titled "What is your opinion of Bush".
So if I didnt start this thread to voice my own opinion on Bush, what in the f@#k makes you think that I would want to hear your dim-witted opinion?

On a lighter note....heres a video of Bush discussing Brokeback Mountain.

:drma:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/110595/BrokeBack_Bush.html

Tyrone Bigguns
08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Propaganda.

Of course its just propaganda Partial. Its just meant to be funny. Bush did his undergrad at Yale and earned his MBA from Harvard. Thats pretty impressive. Most people in the know think his "average joe" act is an attempt to earn votes.

You're hardly one to call anybody an idiot though.

Let's call a spade a spade. Bush attended Yale because he was a legacy. He wasn't a great student in high school, and it didn't change in college. He essentially had a C average at Yale (as did Kerry). Getting Cs is nothing to write home about and at most private universities they go outta their way not to flunk anybody out (if you flunk out then you can't be an alumni donor which is crucial since they receive no state funds).

He attended Harvard for his MBA, but he got in because of his name. You and i wouldn't be able to attend if we had a C average in our undergrad studies).

Is he an idiot, no. Is he bright, inventive, and curious. NO. His career, prior to his governorship was one of failing upward.

hoosier
08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo&mode=related&search=

SkinBasket
08-14-2007, 02:08 PM
You know what? This is real f@#king simple.... blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Well guess what dill-hole. You don't get to set rules for who posts what in your little threads. Being a jackhole about people taking the discussion in whatever direction they want to take it doesn't help either.

Nobody asked for Partial's opinions, but no one asked for your original post either, and guess what, they're both here. Until this site is renamed "PackerBlues's Stupid Lists" stop trying to tell people what and where to post.

SkinBasket
08-14-2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.jimmyakin.org/images/cy_kitten.jpg

SkinBasket
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1166653982-kitten-bestever.b.jpg

SkinBasket
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Unleashed in the early sixteenth century, the Reformation put an abrupt end to the relative unity that had existed for the previous thousand years in Western Christendom under the Roman Catholic Church. The Reformation, which began in Germany but spread quickly throughout Europe, was initiated in response to the growing sense of corruption and administrative abuse in the church. It expressed an alternate vision of Christian practice, and led to the creation and rise of Protestantism, with all its individual branches. Images, especially, became effective tools for disseminating negative portrayals of the church (Satire on Popery, 53.677.5), and for popularizing Reformation ideas; art, in turn, was revolutionized by the movement.

Though rooted in a broad dissatisfaction with the church, the birth of the Reformation can be traced to the protests of one man, the German Augustinian monk Martin Luther (1483–1546) (Martin Luther as a Monk, 20.64.21; Martin Luther, 55.220.2). In 1517, he nailed to a church door in Wittenberg, Saxony, a manifesto listing 95 arguments, or Theses, against the use and abuse of indulgences, which were official pardons for sins granted after guilt had been forgiven through penance. Particularly objectionable to the reformers was the selling of indulgences, which essentially allowed sinners to buy their way into heaven, and which, from the beginning of the sixteenth century, had become common practice. But, more fundamentally, Luther questioned basic tenets of the Roman Church, including the clergy's exclusive right to grant salvation. He believed human salvation depended on individual faith, not on clerical mediation, and conceived of the Bible as the ultimate and sole source of Christian truth. He also advocated the abolition of monasteries and criticized the church's materialistic use of art. Luther was excommunicated in 1520, but was granted protection by the elector of Saxony, Frederick the Wise (1463–1525) (46.179.1), and given safe conduct to the Imperial Diet in Worms and then asylum in Wartburg.

hoosier
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Luther was excommunicated in 1520, but was granted protection by the elector of Saxony, Frederick the Wise (1463–1525) (46.179.1), and given safe conduct to the Imperial Diet in Worms and then asylum in Wartburg.

I knew there was a connection between your last post and your first two, but it took a while to find it.

SkinBasket
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Luther was excommunicated in 1520, but was granted protection by the elector of Saxony, Frederick the Wise (1463–1525) (46.179.1), and given safe conduct to the Imperial Diet in Worms and then asylum in Wartburg.

I knew there was a connection between your last post and your first two, but it took a while to find it.

Everybody knows that Luther, like John Kerry and McCain today, had a strange fondness for animals, even retarded ones, and that was the true reason for his excommunication.

PackerBlues
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Cool video hoosier.

SkinBasket
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM

Cool video hoosier.

That's much better. Kudos.

Cheesehead Craig
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Cool video hoosier.

That's much better. Kudos.
Wow, that is enlightening. Thanks for the find hoosier!

PackerBlues
08-14-2007, 03:28 PM
3 different Bush VS. Bush videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJAIuQz9D8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de0ft7iuJKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnR66L7o8R0

The first one is Governor Bush VS. President Bush
The second video is 1st term President Bush VS. 2nd term President Bush
The third is Bush at a press conference with a look-alike comedian.

Joemailman
08-14-2007, 04:30 PM

I'd do it again too. People don't realize how hard it has to be to be put in such a tough situation. Few presidents would come out with strong approval ratings during such a tough time.

Personally, we can only hope our next leader has an equivalent pair of stones to the of GWB.

What situation are you referring to? The war? If so, he put himself in that situation. Unless you think he takes orders from Cheney.

Scott Campbell
08-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm still proud to have voted for Bush - TWICE, and I'd do it again too.

Well don't do it again. He's not running.

Kiwon
08-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Personally, I nominate Chris Matthews as the biggest idiot walking on two legs. Here's his take on Karl Rove's leaving and the Democrats hard-on for him.
.................................................. ...................................

"He's used executive privilege to protect himself from Pat Leahy and the Judiciary Committee, and Congressman Henry Waxman, both hot-to-trot to get him in a witness chair. I think Henry Waxman is going to go after him now. He's not involved in any criminal proceeding with -- like Scooter Libby is. He can't claim he's in the appellate process. He's exposed now, it seems to me, on the leak case in terms of the eight US attorneys, uh, that were fired, uh, I think he's also exposed there, not having the White House position anymore.

This guy is the Democrats' Moby Dick.

They've been after this guy for years. They blame him for Bush's election. They believe he got a guy elected to the presidency who didn't have the brains to get there on his own. They believe he forged the election of 2002, the congressional election, on the war in Iraq and won the election in 2004 the same way using evangelicals. They blame Rove for every problem they've had. He had a lot to do with developing that 2000 election whereby George Bush, a relative unknown, was able to come in and win the presidency basically by exploiting the Monica mess."

Chris, you forgot, 9-11, Hurricane Katrina, Global Warming, Minn. bridge collapse, Darfur, Michael Vick and dogfighting, etc...

Almost nothing coming out of the idiot's mouth even begins to resemble the truth. Yet, the kooks love him. He's a member of the right political party.

mraynrand
08-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I think the U-tube videos of Cal Coolidge are much funnier. Especially the one (I don't have the link) with the following:

Called "Silent Cal," Coolidge was once challenged by a reporter, saying, "I bet someone that I could get more than two words out of you." Coolidge responded, "You lose."

Even funnier are the UTube vids of Grant falling off his horse drunk. Beats trying to find the second gunman on the grassy knoll (or on Chuck Nolls' grassy ...).

Merlin
08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
WOW, a thread about politics and I have said a word. I think I'll keep it that way since the rhetoric is really funny to read (and watch)!