PDA

View Full Version : How Not To Get Reinstated

Scott Campbell
08-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Pacman to give his side in upcoming interview

Associated Press

Updated: August 13, 2007, 7:01 PM ET

Pacman Attends TNA Wrestling Event

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones sees himself as an innocent bystander in the Las Vegas strip club fight that led to a triple shooting and left one man paralyzed, and he expects to be vindicated.

"And I'll tell you, 'I told you so,'" Jones said in an interview scheduled to air Tuesday night on HBO's "Real Sports."

Las Vegas police identified the Titans cornerback as the "inciter" of the fight around 5 a.m. on Feb. 19 at the Minxx Gentlemen's Club, and he was indicted in June on two counts of coercion.

Jones, who was interviewed on ESPN2 and appeared on another cable TV show last week to promote his new wrestling venture, has declined repeated interview requests from The Associated Press and spoken to local reporters only briefly at three court appearances this year. His attorneys have promised he would speak with reporters once his legal problems are resolved.

Jones told interviewer Bryant Gumbel that he never hit a stripper in the club or threatened to kill anyone. Asked why anyone would lie, Jones said, "I guess I'm the big fish in the little pond.

"I never touched anybody in that -- I never hit no girl. I never told any one of them that I was going to kill them."

In the interview, Jones was shown a photo of a man labeled by Las Vegas police as a person of interest in the shooting.

"I can't tell you who this person is in the world. I never seen this guy, he's never been around me. I don't even know who this is," Jones said.

"Well, if anybody know this guy, please turn him in to the Las Vegas Police. I would thank you for doing that," Jones said.

Gumbel also asks Jones about his friendship with Darryl Moore, a convicted drug dealer arrested last year by Nashville police 90 minutes after leaving the cornerback's house. The drug bust captured money, marijuana and cocaine.

Jones said he didn't know Moore was a convicted drug dealer and was surprised by the arrest. Asked if he felt betrayed, Jones said, "Yeah. Of course I do."

He currently is sitting out his season-long suspension from the NFL, hoping for an early return with his case not due for review until after the Titans' 10th game. Jones told HBO he didn't feel he "got a fair say" in his April hearing with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Days after he dropped an appeal of his suspension, he was involved with police again. Georgia police were called to an early morning shooting between two cars following a fight at a strip club. Police said they wanted to talk to Jones, who was implicated in the fight at the club.

"I was kind of really upset, upset and I wasn't really thinking about, 'Well, should I do this, or?' My whole thing was like, 'I'm being treated unfairly,'" Jones said.

Asked if Jones cared what Goodell thought at that point, he said: "No, I didn't."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

the_idle_threat
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes, Mr. Jones. You have been treated unfairly. It's never your own fault. Just keep saying that.

CaliforniaCheez
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
A stripper on stage naturally picks up money Pacam was throwing around.

It's only natural to punch her in the face for doing that.

Then the security guard / bouncer naturally restrained Pacman from punching her.

It's only natural that Pacman's bodyguard/entourage would hit the security guard from behind with a thick glass(to hold all that carbonation) champagne bottle.

Naturally such an insult to important people like Pacman and friends would cause them to wait in the parking lot to shoot the secrity man / bouncer when he walked outside later on. The term I believe is "capping".

Pacman naturally did nothing criminal.

Trivia Time!! Packers 7th round pick in 1987 was Tony Leiker. Last time I talked to Tony was a couple of years ago. He quit private practice and was working as assistant DA in Clark County(Las Vegas). It would be interesting if he was working on the case. He may not have enough senority there though.