PDA

View Full Version : X-Factor

Partial
08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Greg Jennings is the X-Factor of this Packers season.

If he plays like he did the first 4-5 weeks of last season and puts up big plays and ends up with 1000+ yards and takes pressure off driver, than this offense will be the best Packers offense since 2003.

Let's not forget how ridiculously good this kid looked. He looked like he was the real deal. Statistically, he was on pace for a monstrous year.

If he's healthy and playing up to potential, they will have no problems putting up big points because it is a myth that you need a big tall, physical presence to score TDs. Indianapolis does it just fine with three slender, quick targets.

If he has a sophomore slump and gets hurt/doesn't stay healthy, they Packers won't have a shot at the playoffs.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Good point. I'd agree that he's a key guy. Maybe the most instrumental guy on our offense.

Bretsky
08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Great point P

Keeping or getting Jennings healthy is so critical.

Losing him or Driver would be incredibly painful to Green Bay

Merlin
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I agree Jennings is a huge key to any offensive success. I don't think though he looked ridiculously good. Hey played well in the beginning until injury and the other teams started to pay attention to him. It's one thing to look good when no one expects anything out of you (the other teams), it's another when they do and plan for it. That's the area of concern here.

BallHawk
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Not only does Jennings need to play well, one WR, whether it be Ruvell, Carlyle, or James Jones, needs to step up and assert himself as a decent #3 option.

Scott Campbell
08-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't think though he looked ridiculously good.

For a rookie WR, he looked pretty damned good.

Brandon494
08-15-2007, 03:12 PM
yea, I think he is jsut pacing himself til the regular season. I expect for him to breakout this season.