PDA

View Full Version : Oh goody, more nappy headed lawsuits.

SkinBasket
08-15-2007, 08:17 AM
NEW YORK — A member of the Rutgers women's basketball team sued Don Imus and CBS on Tuesday, claiming the radio personality's sexist and racist comments about the team damaged her reputation.

Kia Vaughn filed the lawsuit alleging defamation of character in state Supreme Court in the Bronx the same day Imus settled with CBS Radio in a deal that pre-empts his threatened $120 million breach-of-contract lawsuit against CBS.

Vaughn's lawsuit, believed to be the first by a player in the case, says Imus and his former co-host Bernard McGuirk, along with CBS Corp. and CBS Radio, are legally responsible for damage done to her character and reputation. There is no dollar amount listed in the suit.

Vaughn's attorney, Richard Ancowitz, said: "The full effect of the damage remains to be seen."

"This is about Kia Vaughn's good name," Ancowitz said. "She would do anything to return to her life as a student and respected basketball player — a more simple life before Imus opened his mouth on April 4."

Imus referred to the basketball players as "nappy-headed hos" on his nationally syndicated radio program in April, becoming the target of heated protests led by the Rev. Al Sharpton. He was fired shortly after.

A spokeswoman for CBS Radio declined to comment.

--------------------------

From a previous article:

Noting Rutgers' rise to the national championship game, team captain Essence Carson summed up the impact of Imus' comments this way:

"Mr. Imus has stolen a moment of pure grace from us."

So how much you figure a "moment of pure grace," is worth these days?

Freak Out
08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
NEW YORK — A member of the Rutgers women's basketball team sued Don Imus and CBS on Tuesday, claiming the radio personality's sexist and racist comments about the team damaged her reputation.

Kia Vaughn filed the lawsuit alleging defamation of character in state Supreme Court in the Bronx the same day Imus settled with CBS Radio in a deal that pre-empts his threatened $120 million breach-of-contract lawsuit against CBS.

Vaughn's lawsuit, believed to be the first by a player in the case, says Imus and his former co-host Bernard McGuirk, along with CBS Corp. and CBS Radio, are legally responsible for damage done to her character and reputation. There is no dollar amount listed in the suit.

Vaughn's attorney, Richard Ancowitz, said: "The full effect of the damage remains to be seen."

"This is about Kia Vaughn's good name," Ancowitz said. "She would do anything to return to her life as a student and respected basketball player — a more simple life before Imus opened his mouth on April 4."

Imus referred to the basketball players as "nappy-headed hos" on his nationally syndicated radio program in April, becoming the target of heated protests led by the Rev. Al Sharpton. He was fired shortly after.

A spokeswoman for CBS Radio declined to comment.

--------------------------

From a previous article:

Noting Rutgers' rise to the national championship game, team captain Essence Carson summed up the impact of Imus' comments this way:

"Mr. Imus has stolen a moment of pure grace from us."

So how much you figure a "moment of pure grace," is worth these days?

I had never heard of this woman before this post and know nothing about her and her character is damaged?

MadtownPacker
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Looks like an expert on the subject may need to be brought in. It will need to be someone who is familiar with hoes and nappy hair.

This guy would be perfect for the job:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/11/21/ten.spot/tx_flava.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Looks like an expert on the subject may need to be brought in. It will need to be someone who is familiar with hoes and nappy hair.

This guy would be perfect for the job:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/pete_mcentegart/11/21/ten.spot/tx_flava.jpg

YEAH BOYEEE!!!!

So get up, get, get get down
911 is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Late 911 wears the late crown

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM
My neighbor called me an asshole, I am going to sue him and he will have to prove to the court of Wisconsin why I am an asshole.

How hard would it be to prove that she was a nappy headed hoe? You don't want shit dug up from you past, I can tell you that.

MadtownPacker
08-15-2007, 06:28 PM
My neighbor called me an asshole, I am going to sue him and he will have to prove to the court of Wisconsin why I am an asshole.
Looks like the DA has subpoenaed the whole forum. You might want to let this one go man.

oregonpackfan
08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I think it is most unfortunate this young woman was called that name.

That said, Imus apologized to her and her teammates, the coach and thousands of Americans rallied in defense of her and her teammates.

As another poster stated, she just needs to let it go and try to avoid ripping open a wound that supposedly has healed.

Partial
08-15-2007, 08:21 PM
In my opinion, people take things too personally. Had Imus been average joe on the street the chick wouldn't have thought anything off it.

It was the scent of "blood" aka money in the air that made her become offended.

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Imus was in a position of power, and no he doesn't know first hand that they were actually nappy headed hoes, his voice apparently carries some kind of influence.

Mostly the lawsuit is complete bullshit, she is only trying to line her pockets while the burner is still luke warm.

It isn't like she is going to Law School, and then the dean of Maryland law looks at her, and say, "Your an alleged nappy headed hoe, aren't you?"

That would be kinda of funny.

Scott Campbell
08-15-2007, 09:48 PM
It's too bad she's not going into the nappy headed ho business, because then it would have just been free adverstising.

superfan
08-15-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.deezbrand.com/images/inventory/wheremyhoseat.gif