PDA

View Full Version : T.T. calls another press conference... INTERESTING THEORIES.

packers11
08-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I saw this on another packer board...

"Only two days after speaking to the media TT called another press conference for this Thursday. Is there something going down, a trade or signing to report. I am very anxious!"

I saw T.T's press conference a couple days ago and he covered everything... This is an interesting theory...

Thoughts???

RashanGary
08-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I thought it was wierd too. The guy sucks behind the mic. All he does is hurt his image and anger fans every time he talks. Maybe he's trying to be accessable but he doesn't have to be. He says nothing when he talks, he might as well just avoid the media for his own good.

Bretsky
08-15-2007, 07:43 PM
My serious view was maybe it has something to do with the hiring of a new pres ? What else ? Stay Tuned for the Letterman list. :lol:

Bretsky
08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Letterman's Top 7 reasons for the Turtle to call a News Conference

7. To make up with Bob McGinn, and formally admit there really wasn't
enough room for the wisdom in that room
6. To announce that he really is rebuilding for the future
5. To let us know, that we're just fine there....at all the positions
4. To admit he used free agency to scout college football
3. To apologize for not stealing the Browns Top 10 Pick next year
2. To announce a new scout, his cousin Kermit
1. And the top reason for TT's news conference is................................

To formally proclaim that he's going to make a concentrated effort to say specific things going forward. And as I start, he'd like everybody to know, "We'll win some games this year".

Green Bud Packer
08-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I doubt if it has anything to do with personel unless Favre is retiring which ain't happening.
I think Harlan would call a p.c. if a new pres were to be annouced.
I'm stumped on what it could be unless it has to do with parking for the seattle game or something mundane as such.

Joemailman
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
He is going to announce that Robert Ferfuson is being given a 13 million dollar contract extension.

Bretsky
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I doubt if it has anything to do with personel unless Favre is retiring which ain't happening.
I'm stumped on what it could be unless it has to do with parking for the seattle game or something mundane as such.

Agree; pretty clueless on what it is. I'd think it's something though; my assumpiton is TT hates press conferences for the same reasoning JH used above. He sounds like shit in them and really says much about nothing.

BEARMAN
08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Making excuses already ? :doh:

green_bowl_packer
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
We already know your excuse!

http://mycasualthoughts.com/pictures/2007February/Eww.jpg

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

CaliforniaCheez
08-15-2007, 08:45 PM
It will be nothing.

"I like the players we have now."

"We will be competitive."

"We keep our options open."

"We like ____________(insert player name) he has a chance to be a very good football player."

"We are working hard on that all the time."

Any other questions?? These answers are always ready.

GBRulz
08-15-2007, 08:53 PM
It will be to announce our newest gate sponsor. Lambeau Field has now formed a partnership with Turtle Wax.

http://www.ssi-world.com/images/turtlewax1.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Zac Alcorn with the GBR jinx.

All he has done since you added him as your signature is drop passes.
:smack:

Scott Campbell
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
My serious view was maybe it has something to do with the hiring of a new pres ? What else ? Stay Tuned for the Letterman list. :lol:

There's no way Ted would be doing that press conference. Harlan would.

Scott Campbell
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Oops - too quick with my itchy post finger. Good points.

cheesner
08-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Favre is going to be benched vrs Seattle.

'Brett has complained that he doesn't have any weapons around him, we will let Aaron Rodgers show what can be done with the weapons we have.'

GrnBay007
08-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Favre is going to be benched vrs Seattle.

'Brett has complained that he doesn't have any weapons around him, we will let Aaron Rodgers show what can be done with the weapons we have.'

LOL the city of GB would riot and Teddy would be run out of town. :shock: :P

KYPack
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
I thought it was wierd too. The guy sucks behind the mic. All he does is hurt his image and anger fans every time he talks. Maybe he's trying to be accessable but he doesn't have to be. He says nothing when he talks, he might as well just avoid the media for his own good.

I'll never forget his press conference when he canned Shermie. He was nervous, holding a single piece of paper which was shaking like a leaf. He had on a pullover and was peering over his reading glasses like a goof.

TT should do something about his public ineptitude.

1. Dress up. Even in this "biz casual" age, a person of his stature dresses the part when making public pronouncements.

2. Wise up. Hire a speech coach/ speechwriter. He needs both material and delivery.

3. Watch old tape of Ron Wolf. The guy was no wowzer public speaker, but no one who saw his press conferences had any doubt that Wolf was runnin' the Packers. TT? he looks like a nervous old farmer who's about to be rejected for the last loan on his farm.

Packnut
08-16-2007, 07:43 AM

I'll never forget his press conference when he canned Shermie. He was nervous, holding a single piece of paper which was shaking like a leaf. He had on a pullover and was peering over his reading glasses like a goof.

1. Dress up. Even in this "biz casual" age, a person of his stature dresses the part when making public pronouncements.

2. Wise up. Hire a speech coach/ speechwriter. He needs both material and delivery.

3. Watch old tape of Ron Wolf. The guy was no wowzer public speaker, but no one who saw his press conferences had any doubt that Wolf was runnin' the Packers. TT? he looks like a nervous old farmer who's about to be rejected for the last loan on his farm.

Thanks for the early morning laugh! :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
08-16-2007, 07:44 AM
He is going to announce that Robert Ferfuson is being given a 13 million dollar contract extension.
You should be drawn and quartered for that comment. :butt:

packers11
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Maybe Ahmad Carroll is comming back??? :wink:

http://www.packersnews.com/legacy/photogallery/2005/game/103005/images/0400560_2.jpg

KYPack
08-16-2007, 08:46 AM

Yer welcome.

Where's mine?

Packnut
08-16-2007, 09:00 AM

Yer welcome.

Where's mine?

I love Ted Thompson! :wink:

(don't laugh to hard)

LL2
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM

http://www.packersnews.com/legacy/photogallery/2005/game/103005/images/0400560_2.jpg

That's a good pic. Caroll "Not another yellow flag thingy! C'mon man!"

Cheesehead Craig
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM

The official is simply picking up Carroll's jock for him that he got faked out of.

LL2
08-16-2007, 09:41 AM
So, what time is this press conference anyhow? Could there be a trade? Are there any rumors out there?

cpk1994
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
So, what time is this press conference anyhow? Could there be a trade? Are there any rumors out there?

IT is scheduled for 11:15 am local time and will be streamed on Packers.com. If it was for a player acquisition, it would all over the major websites right now.

SkinBasket
08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
In my dreams, he reports that we have completed a trade sending Dendy, Herron, and Manual to the Bears for one voucher for a free deep dish style pizza at Uno's Pizzeria.

PackerBlues
08-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Nah, he probably just wants to get us all excited by announcing that he traded next years 1st round pick for another DT. You can never have enough good DT's ya know! :doh:

Zool
08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
In my dreams, he reports that we have completed a trade sending Dendy, Herron, and Manual to the Bears for one voucher for a free deep dish style pizza at Uno's Pizzeria.Throw in cheese bread and a couple large soda's and call it good.

LL2
08-16-2007, 11:02 AM
In my dreams, he reports that we have completed a trade sending Dendy, Herron, and Manual to the Bears for one voucher for a free deep dish style pizza at Uno's Pizzeria.

Uno's? It'll take a deep dish from Lou Malnati's or Giordano's to say it's a good deal.

packers11
08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
PACKERS HAVE TRADED FOR L.J. and Portis ... :wink:

Just kidding... 1 more minute till he comes on...

packers11
08-16-2007, 11:24 AM
awww hes just answering questions... AGAIN...

I don't think any new is coming out :(

packers11
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
> Praised Jenkins

>Talked about Hall at the FB position

> Talked about rb's getting reps

>"We carried extra tight ends because we thought we had quality guys at that position" :roll:

> Talked about Hodge and special teams...

> Talked about 53 man roster

> Always looking at "trades"

LL2
08-16-2007, 11:46 AM
> Praised Jenkins

>Talked about Hall at the FB position

> Talked about rb's getting reps

>"We carried extra tight ends because we thought we had quality guys at that position" :roll:

> Talked about Hodge and special teams...

> Talked about 53 man roster

> Always looking at "trades"

Basically same old BS. :talk: :bs2:

the_idle_threat
08-16-2007, 01:03 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One picture sums up a career.

woodbuck27
08-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Letterman's Top 7 reasons for the Turtle to call a News Conference

7. To make up with Bob McGinn, and formally admit there really wasn't
enough room for the wisdom in that room
6. To announce that he really is rebuilding for the future
5. To let us know, that we're just fine there....at all the positions
4. To admit he used free agency to scout college football
3. To apologize for not stealing the Browns Top 10 Pick next year
2. To announce a new scout, his cousin Kermit
1. And the top reason for TT's news conference is................................

To formally proclaim that he's going to make a concentrated effort to say specific things going forward. And as I start, he'd like everybody to know, "We'll win some games this year".

B. that's right out there and up there as well. :bclap:

I'd like to see him announce that he's now under the direction of a new and wiser shaman, and. . .

that he's just finished reading the chapter on running backs, in FOOTBALL FOR DUMMIES, and from that experience learned a lot and is excited to move forward and implement a new plan for next season.

For now we'll just see what we have and that he's realizing now, that he may not have done enough proper evaluation or made enough progress this off season regarding the real needs for our offense.

Otherwise admitting that he choked. :wow:

Carolina_Packer
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Apparently, it was nothing. I listened to what they posted on Packers.com, so unless there was som other revelation not included in that 14 or so minute clip of TT talking about players getting cut, his own experience with that, DeShawn Wynn, etc., I think him calling another press conference was nothing out of the ordinary.

CaliforniaCheez
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
It will be nothing.

"We like ____________(insert player name) he has a chance to be a very good football player."

How did the predicted compare??

"Cullen has been a good football player here for a long time. I was glad to see him have success, ... we're really, really happy to have him."

"Mike and I talk about every position all the time, and for now we're OK."

"We're constantly going through different combinations of players and looking at the board and seeing how it looks, and doing it again. But there's not that many decisions already made."

"We'll see how it plays out. He's a football guy. He can catch the ball, he's got good toughness. We thought he and Ryan (Powdrell) both played very well the other night. We'll see how it works itself out, but he's doing fine."

"Yeah, we think we have some talent at returns, and I thought the other night we did OK."

"We think we have a few guys, and we're looking forward to seeing how that plays itself out."

I did not hear the we will be competitive line unless you include "doing okay" but everything else was standard Ted verbage.

Why get excited??

Carolina_Packer
08-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I did enjoy his tiny attempt at humor when he made that high-pitched yippee sound (or whatever it was) that he made when describing getting the news about him making the Houston Oilers for another year, before finding out that he was cut.

Spaulding
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Lame - next up a news conference to annouce he's picked his nose and found another team willing to take that and Fergie a hamburger on Tuesday.

BooHoo
08-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Does Fergie have any trade value? If so, let's trade him soon so we get something for him before he gets canned by the Pack. :)

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Does Fergie have any trade value? If so, let's trade him soon so we

I'll bet you could trade Fergy for the rights to Michael Vick.

LL2
08-16-2007, 05:22 PM

Would'nt that make you live in fear being an old blue dog?

4and12to12and4
08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
LOL!!!!!!! Getting something for Fergy? Are you kidding me? We couldn't even get anything for Javon Walker. We would probably have to give a team AJ Hawk just to TAKE Fergy from us!! 8-)

Rastak
08-16-2007, 06:09 PM

Sounds like the old Billy Preston tune....Nothin from Nothin leaves Nothin.

Bretsky
08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
First reason Fergie has no value is he's a Fraud as a football player
Second reason Fergie has no value is he makes way way way too much $$$$

Any team stuipid enough to carry a roster spot for him for the past two years and this year would rather wait til he's cut as opposed to take on that salary.

CaliforniaCheez
08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Ferguson's salary is believed to be in the range of 1.8 million dollars.

Last year he cuaght 5 passes for 31 yards. $60K a yard if he does it this year. $300K/catch is good money.

No one will pay that kind of money and give up something in trade for the right to do so.

Likewise Bubba is untradeable. 25 catches for 232 yards. Rookies can do that for less than 1.4 million dollars. Why trade a pick for that burden?

BooHoo
08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Let's step up to the plate and make the hard and correct decision to remove Fergie from the team. Time to move on.

SkinBasket
08-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Let's step up to the plate and make the hard and correct decision to remove Fergie from the team. Time to move on.

People have been saying that for 3 years now. It hasn't worked so far...

CaliforniaCheez
08-16-2007, 08:22 PM

People have been saying that for 3 years now. It hasn't worked so far...

Last year cutting Fergie was cap neutral. Meaning it cost the same to keep him or cut him.

This year the Packers gain cap room by cutting Ferguson. They should take the whole cut this season and not stretch it over into next year.

SkinBasket
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
This year the Packers gain cap room by cutting Ferguson. They should take the whole cut this season and not stretch it over into next year.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing, I've been absolutely astounded at how long he's managed to cling on here. I really think that Donovin Darius's running lariat tackle that put him out of commission for however long that was definitively ended his career.

Joemailman
08-16-2007, 08:39 PM

Actually, I was baiting Bretsky. I think he's starting to ignore me.

Bretsky
08-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Actually, I was baiting Bretsky. I think he's starting to ignore me.

LOL; yes, I felt the bait, and it brought a laugh on. I've noticed you have also been having Turtleite tendencies here and there too. Are you baiting me with that too or are those real :lol:

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 12:11 AM
I wonder if the conference was called to announce an agreement that had been reached to trade Fergie, and then the other team (Houston?) came to its senses and backed out at the last minute, realizing that they were bidding against themselves. Would make sense given the Ferguson news that came out later in the day.

Iron Mike
08-17-2007, 08:01 AM

Uno's? It'll take a deep dish from Lou Malnati's or Giordano's to say it's a good deal.

I'll go on record as wanting an Al's Original Italian Beef. :oops:

woodbuck27
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
It will be nothing.

How did the predicted compare??

"Cullen has been a good football player here for a long time. I was glad to see him have success, ... we're really, really happy to have him."

"We're constantly going through different combinations of players and looking at the board and seeing how it looks, and doing it again. But there's not that many decisions already made."

"We'll see how it plays out. He's a football guy. He can catch the ball, he's got good toughness. We thought he and Ryan (Powdrell) both played very well the other night. We'll see how it works itself out, but he's doing fine."

"Yeah, we think we have some talent at returns, and I thought the other night we did OK."

"We think we have a few guys, and we're looking forward to seeing how that plays itself out."

I did not hear the we will be competitive line unless you include "doing okay" but everything else was standard Ted verbage.

Why get excited??

Anyone see a contradiction here?

Scott Campbell
08-17-2007, 03:16 PM

If you're obsessed with finding one, you could probably read whatever you want into it.

KYPack
08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
I wonder if the conference was called to announce an agreement that had been reached to trade Fergie, and then the other team (Houston?) came to its senses and backed out at the last minute, realizing that they were bidding against themselves. Would make sense given the Ferguson news that came out later in the day.

That would have been cool!

Does Shermie really exert that much influence down there?

A franchise listen to the OC?

Scott Campbell
08-17-2007, 03:52 PM

I don't know for sure, but it would explain all the ex-Pakers on their roster.

woodbuck27
08-17-2007, 04:34 PM

If you're obsessed with finding one, you could probably read whatever you want into it.

I never confuse the word observation and it's merits with the word obsession Scott.

Between gentleman. . . .

Should any member here regarding this issue for or against our observed GM take it to the personal level?

I TRUST this in my observations:

Ted Thompson isn't worth it.

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:01 PM

I picture Sherman hiding in a darkened room talking on the phone with TT, setting up a deal for Fergie (i.e. Fergie for Andre Johnson, straight up---similar to the Gado-Morency deal last year) when Kubiak (or whoever is the real decisionmaker down there) walks in and puts the kibosh on the whole thing ...

Kubiak (in Ricky Ricardo voice): "Shermeyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"