PDA

View Full Version : Bears News

Packnut
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Some good and bad news from our enemy:

First the good. Harris is coming along very slowly from his hammy tear. Not expected to play until the 3rd pre-season game but that is in serious doubt. In any event, he will be rusty to start the season and as everyone knows, he's the guy who makes that D work.

Now the bad. Everyone, and I mean everyone is raving about Olsen. Better speed than expected and catching everything in sight. Pierson (local beat writer) stated on ESPN 1000 that he is his choice for best surprise rookie taken in the draft. It seem's like almost every night he's been shown making a catch in camp. We could have some serious match-up problems in their 2 TE set offense.

hoosier
08-16-2007, 11:40 AM

First the good. Harris is coming along very slowly from his hammy tear. Not expected to play until the 3rd pre-season game but that is in serious doubt.

Phooey. There's nothing good in someone being injured. I want Harris back at full strength so that when the Bears come to GB on Oct 7 they won't have any excuses.

]{ilr]3
08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I thought this was funny from PFT.com
:lol: :lol:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

THURSDAY AFTERNOON TRAINING CAMP ONE-LINERS by Michael David Smith
The Bears continue to hold DT Tommie Harris and LB Brian Urlacher out of practice, but both could play Monday night's preseason game at Indianapolis. (If Urlacher misses many more practices someone might end up concluding that his mother raised a pussy.)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070815bearsupdate,1,6088254.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines

Lurker64
08-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Now the bad. Everyone, and I mean everyone is raving about Olsen. Better speed than expected and catching everything in sight. Pierson (local beat writer) stated on ESPN 1000 that he is his choice for best surprise rookie taken in the draft. It seem's like almost every night he's been shown making a catch in camp. We could have some serious match-up problems in their 2 TE set offense.

On the other hand, you know any time he's in the game, it's going to be a pass play and he's going to be going out for it. He might catch everything in sight, but he can't block your grandmother.

RashanGary
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Where is the closest cliff? This is reason for panic induced depression of which the only logical remedy is suicide.

Good bye cruel world, I'm leaving you today

goodbye

NOT!!!!

Packnut
08-16-2007, 12:49 PM

On the other hand, you know any time he's in the game, it's going to be a pass play and he's going to be going out for it. He might catch everything in sight, but he can't block your grandmother.

Um, you can still run out of a 2 TE set........ :shock:

SD GB fan
08-16-2007, 01:13 PM
eh i read somewhere that rouse shutdown olsen in one of their games. we should probably remember that we are going to play LJ smith, antonio gates, and other TEs this season. i think olsen will the least of our worries.

Lurker64
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM

So then the question is "does he have better hands and speed than a wide receiver" which is essentially all he'll be. Really if you tell me that a WR is "fast" with "good hands", then I'm not exactly surprised, that's pretty much what they're supposed to be.

Carolina_Packer
08-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Would Olsen have been a complete reach for the Packers at 16 instead of Harrell?

We keep talking about how bad our TE situation is, and those fantasy GM's who would draft for need over BPA might have considered this guy, although in that scenario, I think I would have gone Reggie Nelson (for need, not BPA), then we could have had an athletic SS, and not had that to worry about. Besides, we are already paying Bubba, so why not make him a reclamation project instead of a lost cause? We have coaches...coach him up!

Packnut
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM

So then the question is "does he have better hands and speed than a wide receiver" which is essentially all he'll be. Really if you tell me that a WR is "fast" with "good hands", then I'm not exactly surprised, that's pretty much what they're supposed to be.

Difference is you put a DB on a WR where as either a LB or saftey take the TE. Don't know about you, but I really, based on past preformance, don't care to see Popp, Barnett or Manuel lined up on ANY good TE.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM

First the good. Harris is coming along very slowly from his hammy tear. Not expected to play until the 3rd pre-season game but that is in serious doubt.

Phooey. There's nothing good in someone being injured. I want Harris back at full strength so that when the Bears come to GB on Oct 7 they won't have any excuses.Thats right. There is no glory in defeating a wounded enemy. I dont want no excuses or whining from carebear fans.

As for olsen, I doubt he is better the vernon davis, who Hawk handled well and even dominated during points of the game last season. Let the improved A.J. him have his shot at this clown.

BooHoo
08-16-2007, 04:21 PM
The bears had to much off-season stuff to overcome. I bet they go 8-8.

Jerry Tagge
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM

Phooey. There's nothing good in someone being injured. I want Harris back at full strength so that when the Bears come to GB on Oct 7 they won't have any excuses.Thats right. There is no glory in defeating a wounded enemy. I dont want no excuses or whining from carebear fans.

As for olsen, I doubt he is better the vernon davis, who Hawk handled well and even dominated during points of the game last season. Let the improved A.J. him have his shot at this clown.
Bears clowns are very good at making excuses. They have lots of experience.

AV David
08-16-2007, 04:53 PM
"...Um, you can still run out of a 2 TE set........"

I think the point is you are not going to run very far if one of the TEs can't block.

BEARMAN
08-17-2007, 12:00 AM
The bears had to much off-season stuff to overcome. I bet they go 8-8.

I'll take some of that ! :twisted:

"stuff" ? Is that a new football term ? Or is it just your limited edumication ? Either way you are dead wrong ! :butt: Da BEARS win the NFCN (12-4) and then win the NFC to go on and win the SB ! 8-)

Standby packer fans, your team has nothing to stop Da BEARS ! :duel: :flag:

Him8123
08-17-2007, 04:36 PM
oooohhh were scared bear fan....your beloved bears performance in the SB reminded me of something a little to the left of this message. Chunky soup anyone????? Choke on it

Him8123
08-17-2007, 04:37 PM
oh and by the way "BEARMAN" about time you have a subpar season after hibernating for like 20 years. Go f your mother

Rastak
08-17-2007, 04:38 PM
oooohhh were scared bear fan....your beloved bears performance in the SB reminded me of something a little to the left of this message. Chunky soup anyone????? Choke on it

Well, they DID get there....more than I can say for the teams we root for.....

The Shadow
08-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Dear Bearman :
As I stated over a week ago, Tommie Harris' injury has really affected his efficiency.
Your "because the hammy tore away from the bone, he will actually be even faster" contention was extremely amusing.
Sorry for some more rain upon your parade.

BEARMAN
08-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Once Tommy plays in a real game you all will see just how much he has recovered. Mr. Urlacher said Tommy is even faster then before. The Dr. said he will heal better then before. Please underestimate Da BEARS, oh , please... Make kicking pack arse even sweeter ! :butt: :duel: :flag:

cpk1994
08-17-2007, 07:26 PM

But you know the old saying, " If you don't win, you're just the first loser". IF you don't win it doesn't mean squat.

]{ilr]3
08-17-2007, 08:13 PM

But you know the old saying, " If you don't win, you're just the first loser". IF you don't win it doesn't mean squat.

Here is my Favorite Old Saying that still stands true!
Click Here for a Great Packer Fan Laugh! (http://www.bearsstillsuck.com/)
:lol: 8-) :shock: :P

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Then why do people EVER bring up regular season records when discussing teams.....you make it sound like it's the Colts and every one else is even.....Homey don't think so.

MadtownPacker
08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Mr Rastak, you better then all of us know what losing a Superbowl(s) feels like. The journey is sweet but to deny that losing the big game basically ruins the season is crap.

As for sharper, you can have the 6 pts. The game winning catches he gives up aren't worth it.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Mr Rastak, you better then all of us know what losing a Superbowl(s) feels like. The journey is sweet but to deny that losing the big game basically ruins the season is crap.

As for sharper, you can have the 6 pts. The game winning catches he gives up aren't worth it.

Hey I agree it sucks to lose but after the sting has worn off, would you be happy at 6-10 or 8-8 or NFC title? I'd rather have won the NFC myself.

Sharper hasn't given up shit today! +7 on the balance sheet!

Him8123
08-18-2007, 09:31 AM
hey ]{ilr]3

loved the bears still suck link. Yes in fact they do still suck, and to further prove that point, look no further than Bearman. So proudly proclaims how great the bears are, but does nothing but hang out on our website.
Free Chunky Soup season opener sept. 9 the seagles

MadtownPacker
08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey I agree it sucks to lose but after the sting has worn off, would you be happy at 6-10 or 8-8 or NFC title? I'd rather have won the NFC myself.
What does the NFC title mean? Nothing really. Just means the team that claims it blew the big one.

BEARMAN
08-18-2007, 09:50 PM
What does the NFC title mean? Nothing really. Just means the team that claims it blew the big one.

Sour Grapes ? :twisted:

GrnBay007
08-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Sour Grapes ? :twisted:

Monday night football Colts vs Bears... BEARMAN = sour grapes AGAIN :lol: