PDA

View Full Version : Will Ferguson end up in Houston or one of the other 30 teams

RashanGary
08-16-2007, 09:08 PM
??

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Houston

oregonpackfan
08-16-2007, 09:12 PM
There should be a third choice--C. No team will pick up Ferguson.

That would be my vote.

GBRulz
08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
who cares would be my vote

RashanGary
08-16-2007, 09:30 PM

GBM,

This is the perfect oppertunity for me to contrast Thompson to a lesser GM. Get out of the way and let me have my fun ;) Please :)

Brohm
08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Raiders.

They need more highly drafted rejects to throw at the dart board to see what sticks.

Bretsky
08-16-2007, 10:37 PM

GBM,

This is the perfect oppertunity for me to contrast Thompson to a lesser GM. Get out of the way and let me have my fun ;) Please :)

There are lesser GM's ? :lol: :lol: :wink:

Scott Campbell
08-16-2007, 10:38 PM
There should be a third choice--C. No team will pick up Ferguson.

That would be my vote.

Maybe a CFL team. Or an arena team.

BallHawk
08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't see the Toronto Argonauts as being a option.

Jimx29
08-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Lakeland dental academy (second team)

woodbuck27
08-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Predictions:

1. He's soon in Houston for a complete medical checkup and if 100% OK a tryout.

2. He doesn't impress anyone.

3. He never plays again in the NFL.

4. He surfaces in the CFL but doesn't cut it here as well.

ActuaLLY I HOPE HE CAN TURN IT AROUND.

He's suffering Donovan Darius Syndrome.One of the worst cheap shots I've ever seen in any Pro sport. Brutal . . .and I'll never forget RF saluting the crowd while being removed fr. the field on that stretcher.

It's all very sad.

GO PACKERS !!

RashanGary
08-18-2007, 10:43 AM
It looks like 68% of us were probably right :)

BF4MVP
08-18-2007, 10:55 AM
I think it's a foregone conclusion that he'll end up in Houston..

woodbuck27
08-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Fr. PFT

POSTED 9:26 a.m. EDT, August 18, 2007

PACK PUNT FERGUSON

A day after indicating that the Packers would either trade or release veteran receiver Robert Ferguson, the team has cut him loose.

And that's not a surprise, since no one was likely to pick up a contract that pays him a total of $4 million in salary over the next two years.

It'd be interesting to know whether the Packers tried to get him to take reduced pay before deciding to sever ties, and whether his agent gauged the market to determine whether Ferguson could get more elsewhere as a free agent than what the Packers would have paid. Technically, it's not permitted for teams to respond to such inquiries, given the tampering rule. But it happens all the time.

G.M. Ted Thompson said that the team made the move in order to give Ferguson a fair chance to land elsewhere. But with the start of the regular season only two weeks away, it really doesn't leave him with much time. Our guess is that the organization knew he was in danger of not making the team in the offseason but wanted to be sure that the guys who'll be on the depth chart in his absence can get the job done.

Ferguson is now a free agent, and can sign with anyone. Look for a team that brings him in now to possibly cut him before the start of the season and avoid owing him any salary. As a vested veteran, Ferguson would be entitled to exercise his one-time ability to take the balance of his salary as termination pay if he is on a team's roster when the season opens. Ferguson could then be re-signed after the first week of action, and his full salary for the season would not be, in essence, guaranteed.

woodbuck27:

Good Luck Robert.