PDA

View Full Version : Great Trade

Packnut
08-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Ok, KC is in real bad need of a kicker. The rookie they have has missed 2 tonight and it's obvious he ain't got it.

They have a TE who was a 7th rd pick who had at least 2 catches that I saw, with one being outstanding down the middle of the field. Better than anything we have.

This is the perfect trade........

RashanGary
08-16-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm up for anything that gets rid of Alcorn and move Franks and Lee down the depth chart.

Packnut
08-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Michael Allen. 3 for 42 tonight and 1 for 18 last week. Drafted from some small school I've never heard of. A diamond in the rough.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Good idea, but I would rather do it with Dallas. I really like there third TE Tony Curtis and they also need a kicker.

gbpackfan
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I was thinking that KC would LOVE one of our kickers but NO WAY they trade M. Allen. But any team that needs a kicker and doesnt want to risk losing out in the waiver process may trade us a late round draft pick for our left overs.

falco
08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
A diamond in the rough.

That's exactly why they wouldn't get rid of him for one of the kickers that'll be hitting the streets soon anyway.

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I remember Allan from the combine. I thought he looked pretty awkward at the combine. He ran relatively fast, but it was in an unorthodox way. He didn't look very natural running the drills. I remember the guy. Not that I'm a scout. Just an observation.

I doubt KC is going to give up on Justin Medlock after a couple of misses--especially after they spent a decent pick on him.

Brandon494
08-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Ok, KC is in real bad need of a kicker. The rookie they have has missed 2 tonight and it's obvious he ain't got it.

They have a TE who was a 7th rd pick who had at least 2 catches that I saw, with one being outstanding down the middle of the field. Better than anything we have.

You dont even know the guys name...yea already sounds like a great trade. :roll:

LL2
08-17-2007, 08:20 AM
I remember Allan from the combine. I thought he looked pretty awkward at the combine. He ran relatively fast, but it was in an unorthodox way. He didn't look very natural running the drills. I remember the guy. Not that I'm a scout. Just an observation.

I doubt KC is going to give up on Justin Medlock after a couple of misses--especially after they spent a decent pick on him.

I remember Allen too and was hoping TT would pick him. He was one of those sleeper picks.

Carolina_Packer
08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
It seems like a win-win. Has this kind of need for need trade ever gone down at this point before? Last year we got Morency for Gado to fit our ZBS better.

The only way I guess would be if a team wanted to assure itself of getting Rayner and not taking the chance they could lose the waiver claim (assuming he'll be waived).

woodbuck27
08-17-2007, 02:20 PM
A diamond in the rough.

That's exactly why they wouldn't get rid of him for one of the kickers that'll be hitting the streets soon anyway.

If TT acts as he has in the past. He'll cut kicker DR loose very soon. Maybe as early as next week. He's going to go with his pick Mason Crosby so why mess around? wWhen Packer fans see the picture in our kicking game and worse mess with the kickers heads? It's always been going to be Mason Crosby.

Lets deal with DR and anything else we have to strengthen at RB and or TE.

TT hasn't demonstrated a lot, or the head to make a move where we get something back. ie Robert Ferguson is finally moved out now, for dick all, when he may have had value a season or two ago.

We knew Robert Ferguson was headed to the Packer scrap pile. Why did it take TT so long to get there with zero return?

Nothing back but some decent accounting or money back to our CAP.

Now having said that.

Maybe Ted Thompson with a little effort can explore and engage in another win-win relationship with KC? We secured Samkon Gado fr. them as I recall two seasons ago. Will he knock on their door?

What is the real status of RB Larry Johnson? Cost of LJ to the Chiefs maybe too high and consecuently his cost to us may have fallen?

We trade a kicker and a decent pick to KC and get the rights to deal with LJ.

If LJ insists on not wanting to come to Green Bay it all falls down.

I just would like to see TT demonstrate some creativity instead of:

''well we are trying all the time but. . .''

We now need a lot more than buts!

It will not be easily forgotten by the Packer fans that watch TT closely ( well actually, he's not hard to follow :) if he doesn't make some move real soon at either or both the RB and TE spots.

The writing is clearly on the wall as it has been for too long in regards to Robert Ferguson. Packer fans arn't blind. For all Robert Ferguson cost the organization in dollars and wasted time Vs the return to our future isn't washing. Where is the payback?

Ted Thompson isn't acting as a dedicated GM must, to get us in any real position to be competitive, any time soon. He's got to try to come out of his fog. TT has to smarten up and at least try harder.

He is over the top too DAMN slow, too frustrating in his nothing ways.

We need a lot more from him. . . NOW!!

Bretsky
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I think Crosby will be better with DR anyways.

Hey, we upgraded a position on offense then ! :lol:

Badgerinmaine
08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
It's hard to picture anyone giving up much at all during the preseason to get a kicker, especially this early on. I don't think anything like this trade is going to happen.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I think Crosby will be better with DR anyways.

Hey, we upgraded a position on offense then ! :lol:

I consider that special teams.
:D

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2007, 11:22 AM

He was cut by Kansas City and was unsigned for the last week. Kansas City added him back to their practice squad yesterday.

Freak Out
09-13-2007, 11:33 AM

He was cut by Kansas City and was unsigned for the last week. Kansas City added him back to their practice squad yesterday.

If he made it through waivers he must not be any good because if he was TT would have picked him up. :)
Can't you steal people off of other teams practice squad?

Cheesehead Craig
09-13-2007, 11:55 AM

If he made it through waivers he must not be any good because if he was TT would have picked him up. :)
Can't you steal people off of other teams practice squad?
Yep, but you have to sign them to your 53 man roster.