View Full Version : Preseason game on national tv tonight

Rastak
08-17-2007, 06:17 PM
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Yea baby..... :D

BallHawk
08-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm sure you'll have better luck against the Jets then we did. :shock:

In other preseason news, Donovan McNabb has thrown for 125 yards on 5/8 passing, as of 5 minutes in the 1st quarter.

On another note, the new NFL Gamecenter is so much better then the other old one. Hopefully the time it takes to put in the game info is less, as well.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 06:39 PM

In other preseason news, Donovan McNabb has thrown for 125 yards on 5/8 passing, as of 5 minutes in the 1st quarter.

On another note, the new NFL Gamecenter is so much better then the other old one. Hopefully the time it takes to put in the game info is less, as well.

Interesting, I should fire that up while waiting for the kickoff.....

Rastak
08-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Eagles are driving again.....not a bad start....

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Damn, the Vikings uniforms are one of the worst in the league. YUCK!

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Great move TT!! Releasing Sharper was def. a GREAT IDEA! :x :roll:

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM

How did they look as Sharper ran into the endzone?

:wink:

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Like shit! :D

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice fucking catch Wade....

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Too bad Tavaris didn't chuck it to Williamson. He definitely would'nt have dropped it. :P :P :P

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Too bad Tavaris didn't chuck it to Williamson. He definitely would'nt have dropped it. :P :P :P

Based on last week, you are correct.

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:42 PM

Based on last week, Cullen Jenkins is a first ballot hall-of-famer. :D

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Nice gift for Greenway.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:43 PM

What do think of this defense as a change of topic?

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Nice gift for Greenway.

I think they call that pressure......

Maybe Jenkins can do that tomorrow......

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I do admit last week and this week the Vikings coverage unit sucks.

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:48 PM

I just turned it on a few minutes ago, so I haven't seen much. Missed the Sharper INT.

They have looked good from what I've seen.

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Nice gift for Greenway.

I think they call that pressure......

Maybe Jenkins can do that tomorrow......

I hope so! :D

Packers defense is pretty good at bringing pressure. I'll miss the preseason game tomorrow, just like I did last week. :(

I'll have to read about it here.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:51 PM

\

Special teams are bad.....Wade drops a ball right in his hands.....defense is playing pretty damn good.

Hmmm, worries me that 2 of 3 are bad......

They have looked good from what I've seen...

I won't see tha Pack tomorrow, got a buddy stopping over and no tv here anyway I think.

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
It's nice that the defense is playing so well, but it's not helping the Vikes a whole lot in a preseason game. It's the offense that has questions and needs work. Everyone already knows the defense is pretty good. Unless they're gonna count on the defense to score all their points.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
It's nice that the defense is playing so well, but it's not helping the Vikes a whole lot in a preseason game. It's the offense that has questions and needs work. Everyone already knows the defense is pretty good. Unless they're gonna count on the defense to score all their points.

All smack aside, yea, I agree.

Athough ya gotta love Adrian.....

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Hate to say it but A. Peterson is a man among boys! If he can stay healthy, watch out!

MadtownPacker
08-17-2007, 07:59 PM

:wink:As always sharpie only leaves his mark when the game ISN'T on the line. When he can stop a 4th down to end the game give me a call. This ain't homerism either, I have hated him since 1998.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:00 PM

:wink:As always sharpie only leaves his mark when the game ISN'T on the line. When he can stop a 4th down to end the game give me a call. This ain't homerism either, I have hated him since 1998.

I like 7 pts....... :D

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 08:06 PM

I'm down on Adrian because of his injury history at a position where guys tend to get banged up more than usual in the first place. But I can't deny his talent.

The TV announcers wanna talk up how he finished that long run ... giving him credit for hitting the defender. But when you watch the replay, he tried to deliver a hit but got blown up by the DB instead. :lol: I'll give credit where it's due, but I don't see it there.

hoosier
08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Pennington throws so soft he wouldn't even break a window if he hit it. No wonder the Vikings are catching so many of them. Wait till they start facing real major league fastballs.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:08 PM

I'm down on Adrian because of his injury history at a position where guys tend to get banged up more than usual in the first place. But I can't deny his talent.

The TV announcers wanna talk up how he finished that long run ... giving him credit for hitting the defender. But when you watch the replay, he tried to deliver a hit but got blown up by the DB instead. :lol: I'll give credit where it's due, but I don't see it there.

Yea, that was my take Idle....in a sense....db didn't blow him up but why take hits like that. He;ll learn, it's his second game as a pro........

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Chad does have a noodle arm.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Chad does have a noodle arm.

I would agree his arm sucks but the Greenway pick was him under pressure dumping it to the checkdown guy....you never drill that.

the_idle_threat
08-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice hit by Coleman .... on his teammate. :lol:

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Jockstrap laying on the field.......

Nice moves by McCarrins....

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Wow! What a run my McCareins!

Rastak, Cedric Griffin better get his head out of his arse. He has been their bitch all night long!!!

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Wow! What a run my McCareins!

Rastak, Cedric Griffin better get his head out of his arse. He has been their bitch all night long!!!

Marcus McCauley just might have his job by opening day......

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Longwell 54 yard FG........Vikings win the battle of the starters....scrubs enter soon.

GBRulz
08-17-2007, 08:43 PM
i just got home and turned on the TV, showed some other game highlights. Saw a nice run by Peterson, too. Man, I wish we had a running game. :cry:

falco
08-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Rastak, how did Greenway look?

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Very good from what I saw. Took a pick to the house. Has 4 tackles....

falco
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM

It was too bad he got injured so soon last year. I was interested to see how he would compare to Hawk. I think there were some people who advocated trading down and picking a linebacker in the middle of the round.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM

It was too bad he got injured so soon last year. I was interested to see how he would compare to Hawk. I think there were some people who advocated trading down and picking a linebacker in the middle of the round.

He's had a good camp, he's very fast from what I've seen. i think he'll be a solid NFL linebacker like Hawk is.
Maybe I'm just hoping....LOL, I gotta see regular season games first....

gbpackfan
08-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Greenway did look good.

AP looked very, very tough. Hate to say it but Brandon Jackson looks nothing like AP. Not that Jackson won't be a very good RB but AP looks NFL ready now. You can really see the difference.

The Vikings don't really have a WR that scares me. Bobby Wade is their #1? Come on!

The Vikes run D looked good, their pass D looked okay. Yes they had two INTs but even Rastak would admit that Pennington was playing like absolute garbage.

Cedric Griffin is going to have a target on his helmet all year long. He better step it up!

Pat Williams is age-less. He is still a monster inside on running downs.

I couldn't tell you anything about T-Jack. Seriously, what was Childress thinking? He needs some reps!

In the end, who cares. The preseason is very, very strange. Hard to reall tell anything from these "games."

Rastak
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Good post gbpackfan.

I agree on Chilly not keeping Tjack in there. The picks were partly the result of pressure so I wouldn;t put it all on Pennington.

Now that last touchdown was pure luck....LOL.....

Rastak
08-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I wonder if Kendal said "fuck you jets" and snapped that baby over the QB's head on purpose. That would get a guy a release!

Rastak
08-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh man, Mike Hawkins (your old pal) just had his leg bent the wrong way. I don't think he was going to make the roster but ya gotta feel sorry for the guy.....

Rastak
08-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Kendall wants his release....LOL....

RashanGary
08-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Ray Edwards did a good job rushing the passer. The other three guys looked very pedestrian with their pass rush.

Greenway looked good

Pennington threw two bad passes. He was forcing the ball when he should have been throwign it away.

TJack didn't look as bad as last year when he was the worst QB I ever watched in the NFL.

The Vikings had horrible ST's coverage units

Adrian Peterson looked amazing. If he stays healthy he's w/out a doubt a probowl type guy. He is more powerfull that he gets credit for. He's fast, but his power isn't talked about enough.

My quick, one half view is; the Vikings are definitly not a horrible football team but they have some scary ST play and a big hole at QB that could easily cost them their season.

Rastak
08-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Ray Edwards did a good job rushing the passer. The other three guys looked very pedestrian with their pass rush.

Greenway looked good

Pennington threw two bad passes. He was forcing the ball when he should have been throwign it away.

TJack didn't look as bad as last year when he was the worst QB I ever watched in the NFL.

The Vikings had horrible ST's coverage units

Adrian Peterson looked amazing. If he stays healthy he's w/out a doubt a probowl type guy. He is more powerfull that he gets credit for. He's fast, but his power isn't talked about enough.

The Vikings are definitly not a horrible football team but they have some scary ST play and a big hole at QB that might cost them their season.

Jackson played fine last week, and again this week. He didn't get near enough work today though.

Packers4Ever
08-17-2007, 10:04 PM
i just got home and turned on the TV, showed some other game highlights. Saw a nice run by Peterson, too. Man, I wish we had a running game. :cry:

So do I, GBR, maybe someone somewhere will be released
by the time we have to cut the roster. Ya never know..... :glug:

:P :P

RashanGary
08-17-2007, 10:05 PM
He didn't play too badly Ras. He looked sort of wound tight and scared though. We'll see. I think the Vikings are a decent team though. Both of us seem to have closed the gap against the Bears. The North might not be so embarassing in 2006.

Bears 10-6
Packers 9-7
Vikings 8-8

If Briggs sits out the 2007 season like he plans, the Bears have a huge hole at LB and Urlacher will be less of a factor. If that happens, the Bears vaunted D might not look so good and it could be a three way race with the best QB rising to the top :)

oregonpackfan
08-17-2007, 10:29 PM
How did the Jets' backup QB Kellen Clemens play? I'm curious because he was the starting QB for the Oregon Ducks.

cpk1994
08-18-2007, 03:32 AM

And when he finally gets an interception by making a play on the ball instead of having it thrown right to him, call me. I have never like him either.

Rastak
08-18-2007, 06:18 AM
How did the Jets' backup QB Kellen Clemens play? I'm curious because he was the starting QB for the Oregon Ducks.

Clemens looked ok. He had a pick and TD. The TD was a really nice RAC by McCarrins. I saw the Atlanta - Jets game before this one and he looked pretty decent there too.

Bretsky
08-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Who was that that kept ranting that McNabb was overrated :?:

I think he'll have a huge year; he's the QB that will probably fall to #6 in most drafts and may be the best value for what you are getting. Downside is you might need to draft a backup a little higher than normal in case he's hurt again

Rastak
08-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Here's some funny stuff from kendall, the super pissed off jets gaurd who snapped two over the QB's head as the backup center....

Strange stat of the day: Kendall, the starting guard who was used as a backup center, was credited with two fumbles for his botched shotgun snaps. So an offensive lineman ended up with minus-42 yards.

The disgruntled Kendall didn’t mince words after the game.

“I made mention that I didn’t feel entirely comfortable after two or three days of practice (at center). You know, I don’t control where I play. I don’t control when I play. I don’t control who I play for. So they told me to go out there and do it. I did the best I could and the shotgun snaps were awful. There’s no other way to put it. I’m not going to sugar-coat it. I probably cost the team a touchdown …” he said.

“I would hope to be evaluated as a guard. I believe the determination has been made that I was a guard. That’s how I view myself. But again, I don’t control where I play. I don’t know if it’s tackle next week or punter or whatever. I will do the best I can. I expressed that I don’t feel comfortable at center and I prefer to play guard. It is what it is. They asked me to go play center. They were well within in their rights to do that. I did the best

woodbuck27
08-18-2007, 11:05 AM

So do I, GBR, maybe someone somewhere will be released
by the time we have to cut the roster. Ya never know..... :glug:

:P :P

Let's just hope that the RB's we do have now are able to survive TC, at least run on to the field at gametime Vs. Philly.

Packers take Seattle Sat. Aug. 18, 2007