PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss hasn't played in either of the Patriots games!

oregonpackfan
08-18-2007, 10:28 PM
I read in the paper yesterday that receiver Randy Moss has not been in a single play for either of the the Patriots preseason games.

Does he have an injury or is he already in Belicek's doghouse? Does anyone have any info on this?

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 10:29 PM
injured hammy

RashanGary
08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I have a hard time predicting good things for old teams. They often times end up injury riddled and worn down like the playoff teams we fielded a couple years ago.

I like the Chargers this year. I think we are a dark horse in the NFC.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 10:49 PM
mY TWO FAVORITES IN THE afc ARE Denver and San Diego with my edge going to Denver. Bates will show to be a huuuge acquisition this year.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I think we are a year away from contending

Partial
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Agreed on the contending. We need some experience and more muscle. I have a hunch it might be A-Rod leading us instead of Favre, though. And I don't know that that is a bad thing. He looks F'in good so far. He certainly looks like he can win a few games.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 10:59 PM
ARod should do fine although the regular season is much different than the preseason. Brett retires at years end and we gain another load of cap space that TT won't use :lol:

RashanGary
08-18-2007, 10:59 PM
A-Rod looked really good on his one TD pass to HOldiay. He looked left and almost unloaded it but he held on, looked to his right and made a quick, decisive throw to HOldiay for a TD.

I think we are good now and will be even better after 16 games.

GrnBay007
08-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I have a hunch it might be A-Rod leading us instead of Favre, though.

I don't think so. A-Rod would add another couple years to the prize. If they are that close Favre will be there.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:07 PM
This will be Brett's last year in Packerland, just a hunch but imo, he won't be back. I do think the brass will want ARod to be leading this team next season and I think he will be ready.

Partial
08-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I have a hunch it might be A-Rod leading us instead of Favre, though.

I don't think so. A-Rod would add another couple years to the prize. If they are that close Favre will be there.

Don't you know that TT wants Favre gone :lol:

That's a fair assessment that Favre would stay if they're close. It's probably an accurate one, too. I don't think they'll bench Favre for Rodgers even if he is playing significantly better.

I am ecstatic that A-Rod looks like a player.

GrnBay007
08-18-2007, 11:09 PM
This will be Brett's last year in Packerland, just a hunch but imo, he won't be back. I do think the brass will want ARod to be leading this team next season and I think he will be ready.

Naaaa.... :P

RashanGary
08-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Brett is going to get a ton of praise heaped on him this year. I don't think people realize how strong and deep this team is and they'll say "It was all Brett"

After the last two seasons, Brett deserves a little undeserved praise :)

I think he'll be back if we don't win the SB.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Disagree, I think that next year Rodgers will be the QB to lead the team.

GrnBay007
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Disagree, I think that next year Rodgers will be the QB to lead the team.

Wanna bet? :P

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I'll take that bet. You decide what you want to lose :lol:

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Heck, I'd take that bet, too. There is no way that Favre hangs it up if we are really on the verge of being a serious contender.

I'm not ready to pass the team over to ARod because he's had two good preseason games. ya know what, he should be playing like this...He's a first round pick, he's been behind Favre for 3 years now. It's actually...about damn time.

falco
08-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Heck, I'd take that bet, too. There is no way that Favre hangs it up if we are really on the verge of being a serious contender.

I'm not ready to pass the team over to ARod because he's had two good preseason games. ya know what, he should be playing like this...He's a first round pick, he's been behind Favre for 3 years now. It's actually...about damn time.

Agreed.

I worry a little because Rodgers has already started that talk about hoping his chance to play is in Green Bay, etc. Another year of Favre will disappoint him, I'm sure. On the other hand, his rookie contract was six years I think. That means if Favre plays one more, we still have two years to assess Rodgers before his contract is up.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 08:42 AM
ARod should do fine although the regular season is much different than the preseason. Brett retires at years end and we gain another load of cap space that TT won't use :lol:

He'll have to use some of it by rule.

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Actually Falco, it's a 5 year contract. Which is going to make it very interesting...I mean technically, the guy could very well become a FA without ever being a starter. Or perhaps just 1 year of being able to assess him. Will make for some interesting conversation.

falco
08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Actually Falco, it's a 5 year contract. Which is going to make it very interesting...I mean technically, the guy could very well become a FA without ever being a starter. Or perhaps just 1 year of being able to assess him. Will make for some interesting conversation.

You'd think Rodgers would want his payday after 5 years. I don't think any team, including packers, would give it to him either. I wonder if he starts posturing for a trade if Favre comes back another year.

Maybe TT gives him some sort of extension to tack another year or two on to diffuse everything. Still, I get the feeling Rodgers wants to play soon.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 09:32 AM
I read in the paper yesterday that receiver Randy Moss has not been in a single play for either of the the Patriots preseason games.

Does he have an injury or is he already in Belicek's doghouse? Does anyone have any info on this?

If Moss came here and sat around all day with icepacks on his hammys, the anti-Ted crowd would be vilifying Ted for giving up that 4th.

Him8123
08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
rodgers has got it made. Fat contract to sit on his ass. When it comes his time I see him being like a Phillip Rivers type. Efficient QB with enough talent to ge the job done. Not saying we have the talent SD has...but you get my point.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 11:02 AM
rodgers has got it made. Fat contract to sit on his ass.

Only if he doesn't mind the fact that he has almost no chance to get on the field. I'd want to play. I don't consider him lucky.

b bulldog
08-19-2007, 11:21 AM
If he is happy to sit on the bench and collect a big paycheck, which I think he isn't but if he is, he than is not the answer.

falco
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Don't forget Rodgers contract had a lot of escalators based on the time he spent on the field.

Deputy Nutz
08-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Remember that Steve Young who was one of the top three QBs in the 90s backed up Joe Montana for years. The waiting game sucks, but the fact is Favre is still a top 10-12 Qb in this league, and he is an icon that sells a shit load of merchandise for this franchise. Favre does a lot more for this franchise than just playing QB, way more than Aaron Rodgers could ever do sitting behind center.

cheesner
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
In my opinion, Rodgers has out-played Favre this preseason. If this continues, I think Brett retires at the end of the season knowing that his back-up deserves to be starting ahead of him.

Before someone gets too excited, I think Brett should be the starter this season. I would like to see AR see the field throughout the season. Even if it is just a series or two in close games in the first half.

But getting back on topic - I won't miss Moss, regardless of what happens in NE. I wouldn't want him in the locker room talking to any of our young players.

KYPack
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Someone?

The Moss thread got jacked to a Favre thread, eh?

NE is a mature org. They got Moss to help win a couple games this season. They could care less if he plays in Pre-Season. Bill B. has a George Allen philosophy with his vets. He wants the talent in place when he needs it.

b bulldog
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
The Pats are loaded with vets, we are not. Good signing for them, good miss by us.