PDA

View Full Version : Ted Thompson needed this

RashanGary
08-18-2007, 11:07 PM
accident post :)

He did need this though

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I bet TT couldn't give a damn whagt the fans think. He knows what he wangts to do and he is doing it.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I bet TT couldn't give a damn whagt the fans think. He knows what he wangts to do and he is doing it. TT's backers really needed this.

Harlan Huckleby
08-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I still think Thompson should have kept Mark Roman.

Willard
08-18-2007, 11:28 PM

and Mike Sherman......

Partial
08-18-2007, 11:29 PM

and Mike Sherman......

M3 seems like a much better playcaller imo

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I agree with more things TT does than what he doesn't. Plain and clearly, the first two games show that this team has much more depth than we've had in years.

Harlan Huckleby
08-18-2007, 11:30 PM
yes, except at running back.

Willard
08-18-2007, 11:31 PM

and Mike Sherman......

and Taco Wallace.....

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
and TE

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM

and Mike Sherman......

I think M3 is much better suited to developing QB's in a post Favre Green Bay.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2007, 09:25 AM
TT is an excellent drafter, and I think were seeing the results now.

RashanGary
08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Turns out, having extra talent at the DT position isn't as bad as people made it out to be. I acctually think that the extra talent at DT is going to mean we win games in the 4th quarters with our rested, talented lineman.

We will still have the energy to force 3 and outs with 10 minutes left in the game and the other teams D will be on the field the whole fourth quarter. Eventually we'll just run the ball down their throats and close out games or sit on leads.

This team is built to win.

Good Dline
Good Linbackers
Good Secondary (Manuel might have been slowed by not having his legs during the off season and might function better in the defense)
Good Oline
Good QB
Good WR's
Good K, Good P
Atheltic depth for ST's
Korey Hall and Brandon Jackson both look good so we might not even have a RB/FB hole

Are they world beaters at every position? NOPE but they ARE world beaters at a few improtant positions and solid at most others. This team has a lot more strengths than they do faults and people will start ot realize that sometimes a load of premium talent at one position like DT is better than having a solid TE or FB. There is more than one way to skin a cat. People like to accuse TT of being rigid, but if you look at how he builds, he is flexible in ways that people are incapable of appreciateing YET.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 09:47 AM

A couple of preseason games. I liked what they did too. But it's way to early to tell.

Him8123
08-19-2007, 09:59 AM
yea second preseason game was definitely better than the first. I saw ALOT of great potential out there. I thnk M3 is doing a hell of a coaching job and will be a great coach. I know its only preseason but I feel really good in which direction this team is heading.

Him8123
08-19-2007, 10:00 AM
plus did anyone see our defense??? Jesus Christ!!! Who the hell is gonna score or get past us whatsoever if we keep that up. I almost shit my pants watching that D dominate :lol:

RashanGary
08-19-2007, 10:01 AM
SC, I thought there were a lot of patterns that could have been seen before these two preseason games. These are just the first signs that are hard to discredit.

I thought the Packers were very underrated coming into this season and I think it's showing itself more and more.

b bulldog
08-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Having great depth at all positions would be a wonderful thing, even at K. Hopefully we can get a seventh rounder for the K who doesn't make the team.

retailguy
08-19-2007, 06:49 PM

A couple of preseason games. I liked what they did too. But it's way to early to tell.

Awww c'mon Scott... I was thinking about petitioning Goodell's office on Monday to just crown 'em Super Bowl champs right now. And, putting in a request to crown Thompson KING for the day too....

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 06:51 PM

Awww c'mon Scott... I was thinking about petitioning Goodell's office on Monday to just crown 'em Super Bowl champs right now. And, putting in a request to crown Thompson KING for the day too....

You sound pretty bummed about the nice showing. Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.

retailguy
08-19-2007, 06:57 PM

You sound pretty bummed about the nice showing. Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.

Actually, I'm bummed because I couldn't watch it live... Looking forward to the replay on NFLN though....

Green Bud Packer
08-19-2007, 07:17 PM
TT's backers really needed this.
T.T. bashers really needed this to open their troubled hearts to a lttle T.T. love.