PDA

View Full Version : Poor night for the Packers...

CaliforniaCheez
08-18-2007, 11:21 PM
1) The Packers committed 5 turnovers.

2) In addition to the 5 turnovers the Packers had to punt 5 times.

3) The Packers only scored 10 second half points.

4) Brett Favre only completed 58.3 % of his passes.

5) The Packers had 9 penalties for 76 yards.

6) Rodgers 2 fumbles lost led directly to 10 Seattle points.

7) Nick Collins blown coverage led to a long reception and FG for Seattle.

8) The Packers only had 2 drives of 50 yards or more.

9) Only one drive lasted 5 minutes.

10) Nine Packer "drives" failed to even gain 10 yards.

It is clear the Packers are not ready for the regular season.

They did not control the clock well or sustain long drives.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
what............. :lol:

cpk1994
08-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I sense sarcasm. However in regards to #7, that was Barnett's fault, not Collins. It was Barnett's kill shot that caused Collins to fall off.

CaliforniaCheez
08-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Seattle had 4 more possessions than the Packers.

superfan
08-18-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm extremely disappointed that we failed to score 50 points.

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2007, 11:35 PM

We should have. Most disappointing thing was the play of Paul Thompson. Otherwise, it would have been 50.
:D

Willard
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Things got very sloppy later in the game w/ penalties and TOs, I agree. There is room for improvement in the first team offense. I would have liked to see Favre in one more series to work on timing and chemistry -- but fear of meaningless injury always wins out in that decision. 2 fumbles by AR were concerning for 2 reasons: I thought we had found pretty solid backups across the OL, but the protection definitely broke down. Secondly, AR has to be more aware of pocket collapse and take care of the rock.

Despite these issues this game shows how important the Big Play is in determining the outcome of games. We had several big plays on Defense and Special Teams and that created enough mojo to overcome other problems. We Kicked their ass in the first half on the scoreboard even if the stats were almost even! At the end of the day only one thing matters: SCOREBOARD, BABY!!!

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 08:31 AM

We should have. Most disappointing thing was the play of Paul Thompson. Otherwise, it would have been 50.

We could have had 60 but noooo, he turned the ball over twice in the redzone.

Him8123
08-19-2007, 08:37 AM
where in the hell did my koolaid go shit it was just right here :oops:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-19-2007, 08:37 AM

We could have had 60 but noooo, he turned the ball over twice in the redzone.

I hope they cut him, I wanted martin to play after that first turnover.

Fred's Slacks
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I sense sarcasm. However in regards to #7, that was Barnett's fault, not Collins. It was Barnett's kill shot that caused Collins to fall off.

I thought the problem was both of them tried to tackle at the shoulders. Collins first, then when Barnett did the same thing, he knocked Collins right off of him. If either one of them would have hit Burleson in the legs, we wouldn't be talking about this play.

CaliforniaCheez
08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Third down conversions 5 of 15 or 33%

Red zone conversions 4-8 50%

Goal to Goal conversions 3-6 or 50%

Average rushing gain 2.9 yards.

Fred's Slacks
08-19-2007, 09:28 AM
All these stats your listing are misleading when you have a 4th string QB playing for more than a quarter of the game.

No, we shouldn't make any post seasons plans because of one preseason game but it was a good showing for this young team. When Favre and Rogers were in there, the offense moved the ball effectively and put points on the board. The defense was solid all around and made big plays. Neither was perfect but they showed improvement.

I know that your saying they aren't ready for the regular season and I agree. Thankfully there are 2 preseason game left and so far we've showed improvement every week. If they keep it up, they'll be ready. The stats mean very little.

Brandon494
08-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Is this guy serious? :shock:

J-Rok
08-19-2007, 08:52 PM
With Brett in:

3rd Down Conversion: 2-4 -- 50%

Red Zone Conversion: 2-3 -- 66% (but scored all three times)

Average yard per carry: 4.2 yards

0 turnovers.

2 penalties - 34 yards (includes the touchy Walker pass interference flag)

One punt.

I'd do more and even do the first half, but I'm too lazy.

I know you're trying to just make sure everyone's not too excited about the game, since it is just a preseason game... but why bring up stats that have a minimal bearing on what we'll see in the season. If I see Thompson in under center, yes, we're screwed.

CaliforniaCheez
08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Is this guy serious? :shock:

No, but it was fun.