PDA

View Full Version : Koren Robinson

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't expect much from him. I forgot he appealed his suspension. The earliest he can come back is around October 17th--if he gets reinstated. By then, he'll have gone a year without any football activiity. This from the GBP:

The NFL originally suspended Robinson on Sept. 18 last year, though he appealed the decision and didn't begin serving the suspension until Oct. 17.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I've heard whispers from some team reporters that they will probably cut him.

Partial
08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Honestly, it doesn't seem like they'll need him. But no sense in cutting him because he isn't taking up a roster spot yet anyway. If they have an injury he could be a great december insurance policy.

b bulldog
08-18-2007, 11:48 PM
He will if he is activated

Him8123
08-19-2007, 08:35 AM
if hes stayed in football shape and I`ve read where he`s working out with a trainer 2 a days. He could be effective. Although he would have some rust, but once thats shaken off, he`s still a gifted and talented athelete and a former probowler. Wouldn`t hurt to see what he`s got when and if he gets reinstated which I believe he will.

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Honestly, it doesn't seem like they'll need him. But no sense in cutting him because he isn't taking up a roster spot yet anyway. If they have an injury he could be a great december insurance policy.

I agree. I'm sure you guys can remember the year Walker got hurt... we went into the season thinking how much talent we had at WR. Suddenly a key injury and you are into "signing Taco Wallace mode". I don't want to see that again.

b bulldog
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM
No decision needs to be made until he can be activated. I'd rather have Martin or Holliday over KRob. KRob should never be counted on imo.

falco
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM

I agree. I'm sure you guys can remember the year Walker got hurt... we went into the season thinking how much talent we had at WR. Suddenly a key injury and you are into "signing Taco Wallace mode". I don't want to see that again.

I remember watching Walker go down in that playoff game against Minnesota. All of a sudden Andrae Thurman goes in the game. I can remember him running the wrong routes and the painful look on Favres face.

falco
08-19-2007, 09:22 AM
No decision needs to be made until he can be activated. I'd rather have Martin or Holliday over KRob. KRob should never be counted on imo.

It would be stupid to have to lose one of those two, and then bring in someone from the PS when/if Koren screws up again. I think Martin/Holliday could latch on another team now.

jvandehey19
08-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Robinson is the only legitimate deep receiving threat the Packers have and their best kick returner. Let's hope he gets his act together off the field so that he can again contribute on the field.

OS PA
08-19-2007, 05:42 PM

It would be stupid to have to lose one of those two, and then bring in someone from the PS when/if Koren screws up again. I think Martin/Holliday could latch on another team now.

I have a feeling we'll carry six recievers, and place the sixth on IR when Robinson comes back, one of them is bound to get a little ding or two that will be serious enough to keep them out.