PDA

View Full Version : TV Replays

falco
08-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I have a question for everyone who regularly goes to games at Lambeau.

I went to family night with my wife 2 years ago. After every single play was run, the jumbo screen picked the best camera angle, and showed a semi-slow motion replay of the play. It was great. You could diagnose everything that was happening and really see the action.

I hate watching the games on TV. They'll run a play, and if it was nothing spectacular, they'll cut to the broadcasters, or someone on the sidelines, or zoom in on the coach and talk about the interview they had with him earlier the week, etc. Unless the play is something special it doesn't get shown again. And sometimes even if there was something worth watching again, they don't show it, especially if its on a commercial break.

I understand that some people want all that extra fluff, like the fat guy on the sidelines and his act, but I want to watch football. I'd much rather they ran the play and and then ran a couple replays of it so you could get a better view of what happened, and go onto the next play. Its frustrating.

Anyways, my question for those who go to the games is if the way it was done at Family Night is the same way it is handled during the regular games. Do you get the slow motion replays between plays?

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Falco, I haven't gone to Family Night since they started showing it on TV, so I can't compare the replays from that. However, at regular games, you get far less replays on the screen vs. what you see on TV. One of the reasons why I'm content with only going to 2-3 games a year is that you can actually see the replays and follow what is going on much better on TV. However, I will give up following the game vs an atmosphere that you won't find anywhere else!

At the games, there are alot of ads from the sponsers. Such as Bergstrom, Verizon, Fleet Farm, Ass Bank, etc. They also do "fun" things like guessing the attendance, trivia games, fan of the game, panning the camera on the crowd and stuff like that.

Not sure if I answered your question, but no...when you get commercials on TV, we don't get tons of replays on the screen at Lambeau. You get replays between plays, but not from 3-4 different angles like you do on TV.

falco
08-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Falco, I haven't gone to Family Night since they started showing it on TV, so I can't compare the replays from that. However, at regular games, you get far less replays on the screen vs. what you see on TV. One of the reasons why I'm content with only going to 2-3 games a year is that you can actually see the replays and follow what is going on much better on TV. However, I will give up following the game vs an atmosphere that you won't find anywhere else!

At the games, there are alot of ads from the sponsers. Such as Bergstrom, Verizon, Fleet Farm, Ass Bank, etc. They also do "fun" things like guessing the attendance, trivia games, fan of the game, panning the camera on the crowd and stuff like that.

Not sure if I answered your question, but no...when you get commercials on TV, we don't get tons of replays on the screen at Lambeau. You get replays between plays, but not from 3-4 different angles like you do on TV.

Thanks GB, thats what I was wondering. I envision one day when technology will allow us to view replays, etc as we want. ESPN has moved in this direction with their "full coverage" of college games on 5 different channels, but even that is just more of a media packaging type thing.

HDTV does make a big difference though; you can much more precisely what is going on. Combine that with a DVR and you get a much better feel. Of course, those of us who prefer to listen to the radio broadcast over the tv announcers have to keep up with the action anyway. Of course, Charter doesn't give us Fox in HDTV in Wausau so we are screwed for most games anyway.

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 10:30 AM
I didn't know you were from Wausau. I went to HS there actually...

So, you WILL be coming to the tailgate party, right?? RIGHT? :wink:

Him8123
08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I wish I could be at Lambeau. I live in NC and a avid DIE Hard Cheese Head. I`m trying to go to the packers panthers game. Maybe I`ll get to meet some of you guys.

falco
08-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I didn't know you were from Wausau. I went to HS there actually...

So, you WILL be coming to the tailgate party, right?? RIGHT? :wink:

I'm not from Wausau, just live here now. What date is the party? I looked at the thread but didn't see it in there anywhere.

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Ohh, it's for the Bears game Oct 7. Good point, I should add that to the thread..