sepporepi
08-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPumyJjdX4&mode=related&search=

Seems the guys did not like the pick :oops:

By the way:

The freak out tag shows you also this weird clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEVRCJttYhc&mode=related&search=

Not packers related, but impressive. Think this kid need some serious help :roll:

Edit: found a version with english subtitles 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA&mode=related&search=

Seems he is quite famous :wink:

pittstang5
08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Yikes...what is he saying....I need an interpreter!

RashanGary
08-19-2007, 10:38 AM
I think those videos are a good representation of the type of emotional, irrational fans that hate Thompson. Packnut and Woody have to be in one of those videos.

GBRulz
08-19-2007, 10:38 AM
that German kid clip would be a nice advertisement for Trojan !

Him8123
08-19-2007, 10:43 AM
wow and I thought I freaked out on DDay

b bulldog
08-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Harrell is the worst of our DT's at the moment in my opinion.

Packnut
08-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I think those videos are a good representation of the type of emotional, irrational fans that hate Thompson. Packnut and Woody have to be in one of those videos.

Ignorance is bliss ain't it?????????????????

Although at some point it stops becoming ignorance and just becomes stupidity. :roll:

RashanGary
08-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Ignorance is bliss ain't it?????????????????

Ingnorance??

Harlan Huckleby
08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
hilarious

Partial
08-19-2007, 05:58 PM

That is a good problem to have. He'll be our best by the start of next season if Ted Thompson knows what he is doing (and I like to hope he does).

PackerTimer
08-19-2007, 06:11 PM
"Nazi ass Jew." That statement is wrong and ridiculous on so many levels.

Rastak
08-19-2007, 06:43 PM
"Nazi ass Jew." That statement is wrong and ridiculous on so many levels.

No shit, who said that? Some dude in those videos?

Harlan Huckleby
08-19-2007, 07:19 PM

http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

The depth chart was updated a couple days ago, and Harrell is still listed as the starter. Something about this fries my ass.

I'm curious what the coaches see - maybe they think he's playing better than Jolly & Williams.

retailguy
08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Harlan,

He's the ANNOINTED one. Just grin and bear it, ok? :wink:

woodbuck27
08-20-2007, 11:26 AM

Please don't tatoo me with the hate tag,JustinHarrell.

OK ??!!

Have you got that JustinHarrell?

Cut out the crap, JH. It's not appreciated.

I've addressed this matter to you before before the forum.To reiterate the fact of this matter again to you JH. Try to stop resembling a blockhead.

I don't hate Ted Thompson.

That's ugly emotion.

Packnut
08-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Please don't tatoo me with the hate tag,JustinHarrell.

OK ??!!

Have you got that JustinHarrell?

Cut out the crap, JH. It's not appreciated.

I've addressed this matter to you before before the forum.To reiterate the fact of this matter again to you JH. Try to stop resembling a blockhead.

I don't hate Ted Thompson.

That's ugly emotion.

You have to consider the source. If I had a $10 bill for every time he's been wrong about something, I could take a nice little vacation. 8-)

Zool
08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I kind of feel sorry for these guys. If they weren't hamming it up for the camera that is.

Thats quite pathetic to let something like the NFL draft get you angry. I tend to get angry about things like ooh, soldiers in Iraq dying from car bombs These poor schlubs have more important things on their minds.

Carolina_Packer
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
I think following sports and nothing else can skew your outlook on things; makes you very myopic, as if the NFL or the Packers was all that was happening. Many of us love it too, and it's a really fun diversion, but to go off the hook because of a draft pick...come on. Get a clue and a grip.

Partial
08-20-2007, 12:57 PM
That is clearly staged. Who video taped their reaction to a draft pick?!? And who really responds like that? Seriously.

I am as passionate a packer fan as any and I sat in my car thinking wow, that is surprising. And then began looking for the reason why TT took a guy who hasn't played in a year.

mraynrand
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
And then began looking for the reason why TT took a guy who hasn't played in a year.

Because the Packers rotated their starting DT to end, and had Pickett, Williams , Cole, and Jolly as their tackles. Let's say Jolly improved in the offseason. That gives you three fair guys at tackle - none of them are world beaters. Clearly it was a position that needed upgrading. TT picked Harrell because he thought he was getting a top 10 draft pick at a lower position because he was injured. Talking to orthopedic surgeons, they will tell you that there is absolutely no reason to think that Harrell won't fully recover from the bicep injury. Also, he could just solidify the center of the defense for 5 plus years. It might take until next year for him to pass the other guys, but there's no reason to think he won't. Recovering from injury and being out of football essentially for a year are reasons to predict that he won't be an outstanding player (if he is capable) until next year - or at least late this season.

cheesner
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
That is clearly staged. Who video taped their reaction to a draft pick?!? And who really responds like that? Seriously.

I am as passionate a packer fan as any and I sat in my car thinking wow, that is surprising. And then began looking for the reason why TT took a guy who hasn't played in a year.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=6147&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=840

a few selected responses of the Harrell pick:

"You gotta be fucking kidding me

Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang"

"Yep, real need pick there. I tried to get on the Thompson bandwagon but FUCK HIM"

"WTF!??!!"

RashanGary
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Relax Woodbuck. You come on here calling Thompson despicable and the work he does shameful and then you get all upset when someone calls you irrational and emotional.

I'm more than happy to dish it out to people right in the open forum and I don't whine when I get it back. I get criticized for my opinions and many times I earn it. Sometimes I disagree with it but I don't whine about it.

Cheers to Woodbuck, the lion of PR-Oz

Partial
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=6147&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=840

a few selected responses of the Harrell pick:

"You gotta be fucking kidding me

Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang Head bang"

"Yep, real need pick there. I tried to get on the Thompson bandwagon but FUCK HIM"

"WTF!??!!"

It's one thing to think and post it on an online forum. It's something totally different to storm around destroying things, swearing, and acting so excessive. That was insane. Clearly staged in my opinion.

My guess is they were planning the same response knowing Quinn was still on the board and that we were going to take him. They probably had everything all set-up so they could put it on Youtube and get 15 minutes of fame.

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 01:09 AM
A couple of funny variations on the famous Angry German Kid ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkLcZUzctY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKErVF9zHc

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Relax Woodbuck. You come on here calling Thompson despicable and the work he does shameful and then you get all upset when someone calls you irrational and emotional.

I'm more than happy to dish it out to people right in the open forum and I don't whine when I get it back. I get criticized for my opinions and many times I earn it. Sometimes I disagree with it but I don't whine about it.

Cheers to Woodbuck, the lion of PR-Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

Spaulding
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
One preseason does not make a career but it is depressing to find out how poorly this guy is playing:

Notes from Tuesday training camp (08/21/07):

First-round pick Justin Harrell had a forgettable day in one-on-one pass rush drills. He lost to guard Allen Barbre and centers Tyson Walter, Jason Spitz and C.J. Blomvall.

Hopefully he just needs a year of NFL seasoning to earn substantial playing time.

TennesseePackerBacker
08-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Let this kid get up to game speed before you all start making comparisons. How many college teams each year have their defensive leader as a DLINEMAN? Tennessee could absolutely not stop the run last year, and all their problems started as soon as Harrell went down with the injury.

Some of you need to get your heads out of big 11 country, there is much better football being played down south and on the west coast.

cheesner
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
One preseason does not make a career but it is depressing to find out how poorly this guy is playing:

Notes from Tuesday training camp (08/21/07):

First-round pick Justin Harrell had a forgettable day in one-on-one pass rush drills. He lost to guard Allen Barbre and centers Tyson Walter, Jason Spitz and C.J. Blomvall.

Hopefully he just needs a year of NFL seasoning to earn substantial playing time.This time last year some posters were worried that Hawk was a bust. Harrell spent a year out of football, give him a little time. He will be the quickest, strongest, athletic and one of the more dedicated Defensive lineman we have. That is a recipe for success.

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Forget about what round a guy was drafted in. Some people get too wrapped up in that. Harrell came into what became a pretty competetive situation, he has not played in a long time, and he's not in the best shape. I don't think TT had any illusions of this guy making a big impact this year, although we'll certainly take whatever we can get. It sure has pushed some of the existing guys, so it has done that so far. Once Harrell is able to get healthy and compete, look out.

Spaulding
08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm not debating that some of the judgements may be premature on the eventual outcome for Harrell, but you don't draft a player in the first round without some expectation of them starting or at least playing a decent amount of snaps (exception being QB).

I also understand the injury but how does that affecting conditioning? I would expect his strength to be down (surprisingly that doesn't seem to be an issue at this point) but he is constantly being mentioned as gassed or needing to get into playing shape.

How does a team leader and noted self motivator/competitor not prepare for the show and come into training camp being not wanting to make an impact???

His conditioning (again I only have what is reported and have not seen him in person so defer to those who have) is a joke.

If the coaches simply said his problem was his arm strength affecting his technique and/or ability to push the pocket I'd completely understand but the fact appears his conditioning isn't at an NFL level yet.

I just don't understand the excuses that we can't as fans not be somewhat disappointed by his play. His play so far is subpar. His talent level/skill can't yet be judged. His potential/outcome obviously is not defined in training camp/two preseaon games.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't think TT had any illusions of this guy making a big impact this year, although we'll certainly take whatever we can get.

Whoah, just a second there: he was penciled-in as a starter before he even signed his contract. Now, I know this is McCarthy's decision, not Thompson's, but they have high expectations.

I'm surprised Badger fans haven't mentioned Wendell Bryant, 12th pick in the draft a few years ago. I'm not positive he was ever a starter.

Partial
08-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Let this kid get up to game speed before you all start making comparisons. How many college teams each year have their defensive leader as a DLINEMAN? Tennessee could absolutely not stop the run last year, and all their problems started as soon as Harrell went down with the injury.

Some of you need to get your heads out of big 11 country, there is much better football being played down south and on the west coast.

I disagree with you big ten notion, but agree with your Harrell notion.

Right now I am in the heart of SEC country and I am so sick of seeing Gator this gator that all over the damn place. SEC is a very tough division no doubt, but I am so sick of hearing the big ten get dragged through the dirt like they are a talentless conference.

They are deeper in basketball and possibly football this year too. 4 teams in the big ten have top 10 potential. That is pretty darn impressive.

Likewise, the Pac-10 sucks. USC and Cal are the only decent team year in and year out. Occasionally, a Washington or Washington State steps up. Oregon too.