PDA

View Full Version : Suffering through Seahawks TV coverage

oregonpackfan
08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
While I was grateful to be able to watch the Packers-Seahawks game on local TV(Fox 12), I had to suffer through the slanted coverage of Seahawks announcers Verne Lundquist and Warren Moon.

They consistently announced the Seahawk players involved in the plays but only erraticly announced the Packers involved in the plays.

What was particularly maddening occured after the first quarter. There were many personal interviews of starting Seahawks players on the sidelines who were pulled out of the game in favor of the first and second team players.

At one point, there there 3 consecutive plays going on the field while the camera focused on the Seahawk player being interviewed on the sideline! I was about ready to throw a shoe at the TV set! :x

Did anyone else here on the West Coast notice this blatent Seahawk bias?

Him8123
08-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I saw the feed in on the internet. I sucked it was all about the seahawks. I was happy to get to see the game though. I read on some seahawk messanger board they were talking about how the packers looked like we were trying are hardest to win and the seahawks were just taking it like a preseason. Nice to see the excuses start flying out, even in the preseason.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 10:41 AM
.........they were talking about how the packers looked like we were trying are hardest to win and the seahawks were just taking it like a preseason.

Holmy don't think so.

http://valdefierro.com/ilc44e.jpg

But Bear fans might be gullible enough to believe that.

Freak Out
08-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Being in Alaska I had to watch the same crap OPF...I ROTFL when Moon started going off about the MM running up the score. Normally those two do a good job. Thank goodness for NFLN HD re-broadcasts. :D :D :D

cpk1994
08-19-2007, 11:56 AM
While I was grateful to be able to watch the Packers-Seahawks game on local TV(Fox 12), I had to suffer through the slanted coverage of Seahawks announcers Verne Lundquist and Warren Moon.

They consistently announced the Seahawk players involved in the plays but only erraticly announced the Packers involved in the plays.

What was particularly maddening occured after the first quarter. There were many personal interviews of starting Seahawks players on the sidelines who were pulled out of the game in favor of the first and second team players.

At one point, there there 3 consecutive plays going on the field while the camera focused on the Seahawk player being interviewed on the sideline! I was about ready to throw a shoe at the TV set! :x

Did anyone else here on the West Coast notice this blatent Seahawk bias?Well of course their wouild be blatant Seahwak bias. They were doing local coverage in the Seahawks market. Just the opposite here in Wisconsin, it was a blatant Packer bias.

Cheesehead Craig
08-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I checked over at one of the Seattle Seachickens newspaper forums, and the vast majority of the posters are saying that this game meant nothing and that next week against the Vikings will be much, much more important to them.

You get absolutely blown out and it's nothing? And on the same note, there are multiple threads on how they will dominate the NFC this year and even polls on who they will face in the NFC Championship game and the SB.

What a bunch of clowns. They even pulled out the "poor officiating" card in the game last night as a reason they lost. My opinion of the Seachickens fans just got even lower.

CaptainKickass
08-19-2007, 01:12 PM
I live in Seattle and the game was pretty glorious for me - really.

I sat thru the "west coast" broadcast and it was very slanted towards the ChickenHawks (duh)

I was in my living room with 8 "hawks" fans, wearing my denim GB shirt, and sporting my beer in a Cheese Coozy that I got in WI a few years back. My friend and I decided to play the shots game. The shot game goes like this:

GB TD = Shot of tequila for me (Yes I used my GB shot glass)

Needless to say, I got pretty drunk thanks to my boys in Lambeau.

It's pretty tough to maintain a friendship with a Hawks fan - they're kinda like the Vikings fans without the rivalry, I tried to be cool and not rub it in too much, but Tequila talks pretty loudly at times!

Cheers!

packrulz
08-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I did think the call against the Seahawks RB for "spiking" the ball was chintzy, all he did was toss it to the ground. I hope the officials aren't that picky during the season, it didn't delay the game at all.