PDA

View Full Version : Packers Dominating the Preseason

OS PA
08-19-2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

There are Packers in the top five in four out of the six statistical categories on the main page, and if you look deeper into the stat-book the Pack is well in the top of the league. One of the most impressive stats i've seen, according to this site, is that the Packers have had 30 third down attempts made against them, and have allowed a total of 7 first downs allowed in those 30 attempts, that's less that 25%.

Him8123
08-19-2007, 02:28 PM
thats awesome. Really neat to see 3 out 5 players in the sack categories are packers. keep up the good work guys.

cheesner
08-19-2007, 03:35 PM
And when you consider that the two teams they have played will likely be pretty good this season, that makes those stats all the more impressive.

falco
08-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm sure all things considered, its probably better to be leading in the preseason statistics.

That being said....

retailguy
08-19-2007, 06:26 PM
And when you consider that the two teams they have played will likely be pretty good this season, that makes those stats all the more impressive.

And when you consider that last season Oakland was 4-1, Indy was 1-3 and the Patriots were 0-4 that give you a whole different perspective to think about.... doesn't it?

Effort is always good, but...., it's still PRESEASON guys....

Scott Campbell
08-19-2007, 06:54 PM

And when you consider that last season Oakland was 4-1, Indy was 1-3 and the Patriots were 0-4 that give you a whole different perspective to think about.... doesn't it?

Well when you put it that way, it's too bad they didn't stink the place up. Stupid Thompson. What's he doing winning in the preseason.

retailguy
08-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Well when you put it that way, it's too bad they didn't stink the place up. Stupid Thompson. What's he doing winning in the preseason.

The poor guy just can't get it right no matter what he does, right? :wink: :P

the_idle_threat
08-19-2007, 11:25 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kiwon
08-20-2007, 05:14 AM
They better throw the next two pre-season games so they can get to .500 and save their regular season.

wist43
08-20-2007, 08:12 AM
The Packers not only didn't dominate the Steelers, the 1st string offense got the living snot kicked out of them by the Steelers starting defense.

It's preseason guys... get a grip.

retailguy
08-20-2007, 08:28 AM
The Packers not only didn't dominate the Steelers, the 1st string offense got the living snot kicked out of them by the Steelers starting defense.

It's preseason guys... get a grip.

OH COME ON WIST!

If every team we face this year is without their starting tackles, and benches their starting probowl quarterback for fear of injury, I'll go out on a limb and say that THIS IS A SUPER BOWL TEAM. :P

Wist - your negativism is really bringing the board down. :wink: :oops:

Packnut
08-20-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't care if it's a meaning-less game of tic-tac-toe, it's better to win than lose............

retailguy
08-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't care if it's a meaning-less game of tic-tac-toe, it's better to win than lose............

I always enjoy a Packer win. I never enjoy a Packer loss. But, we squeaked out a win in Pittsburg, then we blow out a Seahawks team who, in the coaches own words "didn't hit anybody", and we're so euphoric that we're predicting it means all kinds of great things. That doesn't sound like a "meaningless game of tic-tac-toe" to me. That sounds like a "benchmark" on which we can "predict" all kinds of great things.

Packnut
08-20-2007, 09:47 AM

I always enjoy a Packer win. I never enjoy a Packer loss. But, we squeaked out a win in Pittsburg, then we blow out a Seahawks team who, in the coaches own words "didn't hit anybody", and we're so euphoric that we're predicting it means all kinds of great things. That doesn't sound like a "meaningless game of tic-tac-toe" to me. That sounds like a "benchmark" on which we can "predict" all kinds of great things.

While I would agree that a few here are ridiculous with the pre-season game kool-aid, there have been some positives.

1-Bigby- I am anxiously awaiting to see just how far MM has come. All of us except our 1 or 2 Manuel fans here know Bigby makes us a better team. Yeah, he's gonna make some mental mistakes, but he is physically light years ahead of Manuel. I will have some serious doubts about our coaching staff if Bigby does'nt get the great majority of practice and playing time with the 1st string this week.

2- As I predicted in the article I wrote a few weeks back, our D line can be something special. Kampman, Jenkins, Pickett, Williams and KGB have the ability to do what the Bears line did last season.

3-Blackmon is the real deal if he can stay healthy. I also hope at some point he replaces Dendy in the Nickel.

4- Jones has the best hands I've seen in quite a while. He'll turn out to be Thompson's best pick. (Hawk was a no brainer)

There are also still some huge negatives that we still have but not in the mood to argue with the kool-aid crowd today......

retailguy
08-20-2007, 10:45 AM
packnut,

There have been several great things that have become apparent in the preseason games. I think we're building something really special for 2008 or 2009 depending on how the annual "Will I play?" or "Won't I play?" routine plays out.

I just don't think this team can keep it all together and play nearly mistake free football in 07. I think with all the "ifs" we've got, that's what it'll take.

However, in 2008, with Favre under center, or in 2009, with Rodgers under center this team could be special, if only 50% of the IF's come true.

I'm more optimistic today, than I've been in a long time. Now, if we could just establish some hope that we have a decent OL.... (There I go with the IF's again!) :P

Packnut
08-20-2007, 11:04 AM
packnut,

There have been several great things that have become apparent in the preseason games. I think we're building something really special for 2008 or 2009 depending on how the annual "Will I play?" or "Won't I play?" routine plays out.

I just don't think this team can keep it all together and play nearly mistake free football in 07. I think with all the "ifs" we've got, that's what it'll take.

However, in 2008, with Favre under center, or in 2009, with Rodgers under center this team could be special, if only 50% of the IF's come true.

I'm more optimistic today, than I've been in a long time. Now, if we could just establish some hope that we have a decent OL.... (There I go with the IF's again!) :P

I would not dispute the "arrow pointing up" direction. I just believe with a few less mistakes and a little more aggressive attitude, it could be done much quicker. Some wanted to paint the picture that we were so far away it did'nt make sense to get in the FA market. They were obviously wrong which a few of us tried to point out.

The crime here is that we were not that far away and with a few aggressive moves by Teddy in free agency and with this defense, we did have a good shot at competing for the NFC title.

CaliforniaCheez
08-20-2007, 11:22 AM
One stat not mentioned yet. This preseason the

Packers lead the NFL in yards penalized.

That without Ahmad Carroll contributing to the number.

Partial
08-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I still maintain Morency is going to have a good year. He's very quick. He's the lightening to Jackson's more frightening, very big, bright lightening.

Donald Lee needs to get in the ball games. Bubba had a fluke game.

LL2
08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Did anyone see that play by Hawk where he pushed the FB out of the way and got the sack. That was an awesome bull rush to the QB. The D definitely has me excited about the season.

Partial
08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
packnut,

Decent OL!?!? Are you hitting the hookah this morning.

At the very least we will be good enough to win aka a ron wolfe line. There is a lot of talent there. The thing that should be in question is will we be great. So far, they have more than held their own in the red zone. Seattle has a very good front 7, top 5-6 in the league and we moved the ball with ease without max protecting against them.

I suspect we'll be in the top 11 of offensive lines league wide. That is a very good place to be. What's nice is we have two versatile back-ups, but the rest of the depth is pretty shabby. But, what is nice is that Colledge can play the entire left side of the line, and Moll can play the entire right. It's good to have that versatility.

Partial
08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Did anyone see that play by Hawk where he pushed the FB out of the way and got the sack. That was an awesome bull rush to the QB. The D definitely has me excited about the season.

The picture is even more hilarious. It's on PackersNews.com but I cannot post it for whatever reason. Hawk just has a menacing look on his face. Hilarious!

swede
08-20-2007, 03:03 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/Hawk.jpg

HAWK!

Him8123
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
nobody is saying alright we`re doiminating the preseason, superbowl here we come. It`s just nice to see this young team coming together making plays, and having fun. We know its just the preseason, but also think it`s just not the preseason to second thru 4th or 5th stringers trying to get a job who are playing their butts off competing. Just watching the Packers play this well together gives me some kind of hope what the regular season might be like,.......in though its just the "Preseason"

Brohm
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
No doubt about the excitement. I hope it carries over to the regular season and not have a flat performance like what happened last year opening day against the Bears.

swede
08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
nobody is saying alright we`re doiminating the preseason, superbowl here we come. It`s just nice to see this young team coming together making plays, and having fun. We know its just the preseason, but also think it`s just not the preseason to second thru 4th or 5th stringers trying to get a job who are playing their butts off competing. Just watching the Packers play this well together gives me some kind of hope what the regular season might be like,.......in though its just the "Preseason"

Well, but see if you say, "It sure is great to see the Packers playing well in the pre-season and leading the league in a number of categories!" there are a half-dozen or so posters in here that are so much smarter than the rest of us that they are able to peer through your writing and find your true message which is "I have a man-crush on TT and we are going to win the Super Bowl this year."

Don't try to wiggle off the hook with any lame-ass excuse that you simply meant that it was fun to see the Packers winning and that it was interesting to see that they were leading the league in certain statistics which made you feel good about the team's progress. The Hatin' Crowd will remind you once again that you must desist telling the rest of us that TT is infallible and you must stop spouting your psychotic delusions that team will now go 18-0 following their domination of the pre-season.

Him8123
08-20-2007, 03:42 PM
what are you blabbing about. There`s nothing to peer though. Your the one making something out of nothing. First off I`m not a TT lover or hater, I`m just waiting to see how his decisions play out then I`ll judge. I think he`s done some good things, and then I think he`s done some questionable things. Like I said before...please listen carefully, I am in no way predicting us to get crowned for anything. This is a young team and they seem to be improving everytime they play and are building chemistry which is neat for me to watch a team come together and enjoy playing together like they are. Sorry for being a little optimistic, change your tampon and have another drink.

Zool
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
what are you blabbing about. There`s nothing to peer though. Your the one making something out of nothing. First off I`m not a TT lover or hater, I`m just waiting to see how his decisions play out then I`ll judge. I think he`s done some good things, and then I think he`s done some questionable things. Like I said before...please listen carefully, I am in no way predicting us to get crowned for anything. This is a young team and they seem to be improving everytime they play and are building chemistry which is neat for me to watch a team come together and enjoy playing together like they are. Sorry for being a little optimistic, change your tampon and have another drink.

You might want to re-read what he's saying and edit your post accordingly. He was agreeing with you.

Him8123
08-20-2007, 03:49 PM
well it didnt seem like an agreement. But if I`m wrong then I apologize. Seemed like some kind of accusation to me. kind of hard to catch sarcasm sometimes through words.

GoPackGo
08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
nobody is saying alright we`re doiminating the preseason, superbowl here we come.

speak for yourself. I must have said that to like 10 people since Saturday nights game.

retailguy
08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Decent OL!?!? Are you hitting the hookah this morning.

At the very least we will be good enough to win aka a ron wolfe line. There is a lot of talent there. The thing that should be in question is will we be great. So far, they have more than held their own in the red zone. Seattle has a very good front 7, top 5-6 in the league and we moved the ball with ease without max protecting against them.

I suspect we'll be in the top 11 of offensive lines league wide. That is a very good place to be. What's nice is we have two versatile back-ups, but the rest of the depth is pretty shabby. But, what is nice is that Colledge can play the entire left side of the line, and Moll can play the entire right. It's good to have that versatility.

Yes, Decent OL. You must be hitting the "hookah" (whatever the hell that is, I guess I'm too damn old) if you think this OL has proven anything. Don't talk to me about TALENT, hell Jamal Reynolds had talent. Lets see them perform first. I don't consider one game against Seattle "performing". Could they perform? Sure. Will they? Damned if I know. I know it is possible they won't, and Morency won't be worth a damn if they don't. He might not be worth a damn IF they do, but them performing is the only shot the guy has got.

Merlin
08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
I am thankful that the pre-season has looked fairly okay so far. But it's pre-season and there are a shit-ton of young guys trying to make this team. They all have a good balls out effort so I would suspect because we are the youngest team in the league that we would see this type of play. When players get to be regular starters, they don't go all out in the pre-season for fear of injury. They do their assignments and get the feel for the game back (5-6 years in the league or so).

You are starting to sound like a bunch of Vikings fans crowning their team super bowl champs before the season starts. We all know who has the most paper championships, let's not compete for that one okay?

vince
08-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Well, but see if you say, "It sure is great to see the Packers playing well in the pre-season and leading the league in a number of categories!" there are a half-dozen or so posters in here that are so much smarter than the rest of us that they are able to peer through your writing and find your true message which is "I have a man-crush on TT and we are going to win the Super Bowl this year."

Don't try to wiggle off the hook with any lame-ass excuse that you simply meant that it was fun to see the Packers winning and that it was interesting to see that they were leading the league in certain statistics which made you feel good about the team's progress. The Hatin' Crowd will remind you once again that you must desist telling the rest of us that TT is infallible and you must stop spouting your psychotic delusions that team will now go 18-0 following their domination of the pre-season.
Post of the Week. Truer words have not been written.