PDA

View Full Version : Top preseason improvements (so far)

RashanGary
08-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Some of the Seattle game was obviously too good to be true. However, some things happened that we haven't seen in quite some time.

1. The offensive line pass protected with five instead of seven and they did it with an empty backfield and the other team teeing off.

2. The offensive line got a push in the redzone, paving the way for our first, 1st team TD

3. Our ST's looked very strong from the high punts to the deep kicks to the return game and the 1st team coverage units

4. The whole 1st team defense

A strong defense
Good ST's
A good QB
An offense that can run the ball in the redzone
An offense that has WR's who catch and an Oline that blocks well

I think we have one of the NFC's best teams and a legitimate chance at taking the NFC North from the Bears. The patterns were there from last season, into the offseason and into TC but we needed to see it on the field. Now we are. We have to take this momentum into the Jacksonville game against a good defense, through the last week of the preseason and into the regular season. A lot needs to be told, but instead of leaving the preseason thinking "we are screwed", we might leave a preseason saying "we have a real chance". It's not time to crown anyone, but it's hard to ignore the obvious improvements in the most critical areas.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I think you may be getting carried away, but I like it.
:alc:

RashanGary
08-19-2007, 10:45 PM
I think you may be getting carried away, but I like it.
:alc:

:) Oh, BS, you've been pretty pro Packer all off season too :)

YOu know I've been negative about the Packers in the past. One of my first arguements at JS was iwth you about how bad the Packers were in 05 and you thought they were pretty good. I said 6-10 last year. I really think they are good this year Harv. It has nothing to do with being a Koolaidaholic.

Joemailman
08-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Justin need a new avatar?

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/2070/ohyea3.GIF

The Shadow
08-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Teams breaking into the 'top team' category are seldom spotted in advance by the 'experts'.
Thompson's work is simply paying off.

Joemailman
08-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Especially when they do it by developing from within, as opposed to signing free agents or hiring a big name coach.