PDA

View Full Version : Bring Hendo Back?

Deputy Nutz
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I am not fully supportive of bringing William Henderson out of retirement to fill a void at fullback. But if he is asked to compete for 4 or 5 games until the younger players catch up then I am for it.

His blocking and speed are going to be a question mark, but his knowledge of the game might be worth bringing him back.

Green Bud Packer
08-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Hendo would help but the final cut could bring a F.B. to Green Bay with more upside.

Joemailman
08-20-2007, 04:41 PM
William Henderson will be a Packer Hall Of Famer. I don't think you bring him back for 4 or 5 games and then cut him. Unless of course you bring him back as a player/coach and keep him on the coaching staff full time.

packinpatland
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Is this just a rumor or substantiated?

Packnut
08-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Sure would have been nice to have gotten Griffith........

Merlin
08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
They should never have released him to begin with. They should have let him battle it out and let the best man win. TT isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. We need 27 defensive tackles but we can get by with one somewhat of a veteran FB and a rookie. Go figure...

Brohm
08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
TT's got "sizzle" though! :P

retailguy
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM

He was "OVERPAID". Got $12.50 an hour, I think. We pay $8.50. Not a DIME more. Got it? Good. :P

Deputy Nutz
08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
This is a rumor that I am not proud to have started. The fact is we just lost another fullback, albeit a camp body, but still the starter has not played and is still out another week, at least.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Did Hall get injured? I thought he was doing well?

MJZiggy
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Powdrell.

Joemailman
08-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Did Hall get injured? I thought he was doing well?

Hall is fine, but right now he's all we got.

Harlan Huckleby
08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Hall should be ok as a starter. Henderson was over the hill two hills ago.

Bretsky
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Hall should be ok as a starter. Henderson was over the hill two hills ago.

Let the young pups develop and play

Packnut
08-20-2007, 08:24 PM

He was "OVERPAID". Got $12.50 an hour, I think. We pay $8.50. Not a DIME more. Got it? Good. :P

Sorry, I forgot about that money thing. I thought it was all about winning. Silly me........

Joemailman
08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
It rained in Green Bay today and they had to move the practice inside, so it was closed to the public. TT is an idiot.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Griffith was the perfect fit for this. He was customer built to what the Packers need. Already knew the ZBS and he wasnt too old, practically in his prime.

As a TT supporter I hold this one against him because money talks and TT had a lot of talking he could have done with the big bankroll. Unless Griffith didnt want to come. We can't say it was to go to a contender because he went to oakland so I think TT dropped the ball.

Joemailman
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Oakland was able to lure him there because a couple of Griffith's former coaches in Atlanta had been hired by Kiffin in Oakland.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Did that coach have millions of dolla bills like that damn turtle? Hell no! TT just had to break the bank for a moment and he still would have been sitting $pretty$ after acquiring a premium player for the offensive scheme of his hand picked 2nd year HC. Of all the players that TT might have got this is the one I thought made the most sense and surprised me when it didn't happen.

If Ahman went to Houston for more $$$ why wouldn't Griffith have came to GB for more??

Packnut
08-20-2007, 09:02 PM
It's all about the big green. Had Teddy trumped Oakland's offer, we'd have a good FB right now. It's amazing how some here defend Thompson at all costs to logic and reason. It's suppossed to be about making this a better football team period.

Now if anyone thinks we're better off with a guy who can't stay healthy or his back-ups than Griffith, well never mind.

retailguy
08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
It rained in Green Bay today and they had to move the practice inside, so it was closed to the public. TT is an idiot.

thats the spirit! I knew you'd come around. :roll: :wink:

Can't we blame him for famine in Africa? No, wait, Gilbert had already been cut before he got here. Nevermind.

esoxx
08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Brandon Miree returned to practice today.

FritzDontBlitz
08-21-2007, 01:51 AM
This is a rumor that I am not proud to have started. The fact is we just lost another fullback, albeit a camp body, but still the starter has not played and is still out another week, at least.

i am for bringing hendo back to give the younguns time to heal, too. maybe they could find him a spot in the organization similar to what they did for edgar and leroy butler. henderson's work ethic alone is something the younger guys need to see and emulate.

The Leaper
08-21-2007, 08:07 AM
They should never have released him to begin with.

Henderson was mostly ineffective last season as a FB. He looked very slow and often hesitant trying to learn the ZBS.

It would've been stupid to keep Henderson around. He didn't have any more experience in the ZBS than the young guys did, so I don't know where anyone comes off with the notion that Henderson was going to be some beacon of knowledge for the kids.

We aren't running the Sherman power run attack anymore kiddos.

The Leaper
08-21-2007, 08:08 AM
henderson's work ethic alone is something the younger guys need to see and emulate.

What?

They don't have Favre or Driver to emulate?

Henderson was a great Packer...his time has come and gone. Hanging on to some broken down relic is hardly my idea of moving forward.

packinpatland
08-21-2007, 09:31 AM
henderson's work ethic alone is something the younger guys need to see and emulate.

What?

They don't have Favre or Driver to emulate?

Henderson was a great Packer...his time has come and gone. Hanging on to some broken down relic is hardly my idea of moving forward.

While William is not what he was, and retiring is a good thing, he is NOT 'some broken down relic'.

The Leaper
08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
While William is not what he was, and retiring is a good thing, he is NOT 'some broken down relic'.

Clearly, you weren't watching closely last season at how poorly Henderson played. He had more or less lost his starting job by the end of training camp last year to Leach, although it seemed the coaches were content to bring Leach around slowly and still utilize Henderson to some extent. Then Leach got hurt and Henderson stepped back in as the starter...only to be beat out AGAIN by Miree, who was signed to the practice squad FOLLOWING CAMP!

Henderson was beat out by a guy who had about 3 weeks of experience in the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION, yet some of you are wetting your pants over the prospect of sticking Henderson back on the field?!?

Bottom line...Henderson was average at best as a blocker last year and the one remaining strength he had shown in his twilight, receiving, plummeted to an abysmal 12 catches for 62 yards.

He was a broken down relic last year. Get over it.

Jerry Tagge
08-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I think TT should sign Barty Smith.

Zool
08-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I think TT should sign Barty Smith.
And that dude who played Willow. Warwick Davis.

packinpatland
08-21-2007, 10:32 AM

Clearly, you weren't watching closely last season at how poorly Henderson played. He had more or less lost his starting job by the end of training camp last year to Leach, although it seemed the coaches were content to bring Leach around slowly and still utilize Henderson to some extent. Then Leach got hurt and Henderson stepped back in as the starter...only to be beat out AGAIN by Miree, who was signed to the practice squad FOLLOWING CAMP!

Henderson was beat out by a guy who had about 3 weeks of experience in the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION, yet some of you are wetting your pants over the prospect of sticking Henderson back on the field?!?

Bottom line...Henderson was average at best as a blocker last year and the one remaining strength he had shown in his twilight, receiving, plummeted to an abysmal 12 catches for 62 yards.

In no way was I advocating bringing Henderson back . And the "yet some of you are wetting your pants", comment was rather crude.

I just don't happen to agree with your depiction of him being a "broken down relic ".

FritzDontBlitz
08-21-2007, 11:27 AM

i am not begging for hendo's return, but we are running low on camp bodies for the backfield, and didnt henderson start a bunch of games in the second half of the season even after miree returned from injury?

and yes, the young guys can learn from favre and driver, but having more leaders on the field is not a bad thing.

footballfever
08-21-2007, 11:32 AM
http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/21/1/ might not be the answer but its more competition at whats been a pretty shallow position so far this training camp. I don't see the sense in bringing Henderson back, waste of time. These kids will be just fine and Miree will be back.

Freak Out
08-21-2007, 11:57 AM
http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/21/1/ might not be the answer but its more competition at whats been a pretty shallow position so far this training camp. I don't see the sense in bringing Henderson back, waste of time. These kids will be just fine and Miree will be back.

Look! It's a bird..it's a plane..no it's Superback! It's a bummer about Underwood though..... :(

Partial
08-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Justin Timberlake's "Bringin Hendo Back"

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Looks less likely with this new Cobb kid coming in at FB.

Is Corey White a tailback or a FB? How does he look to you guys? I can only follow from afar.