PDA

View Full Version : Game highlight vid

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/774827/returning_home/

Zool
08-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Good stuff.

1) Jenkins spin move, that tackle put his head almost straight down. Nice.

2) A couple nice moves on the Blackmon return, but also some really good blocking.

3) Was that Mack Strong that Hawk got under? Very nice play either way, but Strong is a good blocker.

4) Jones might not beat everyone in a foot race, but that drag route gets DB's and LB's tied together a lot. I like this kid as a 3rd WR. Gotta get him some work in the slot.

5) Bush's second INT....act like you been there before kid.

The DL beat up on Seattle's OL in the entire clip, but they were down some guys. Still the backups have to be at least capable of not looking ridiculous.

Poor Tac...I mean Seneca Wallace. He got beat to hell.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
6.) Bigby can blitz like shit.

]{ilr]3
08-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Holy Crap I love the way our Defense looked in that game! 8-)

That Hawk Sack was awesome!

packers11
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
great vid...

Atari sure can blitz, if he can improve his coverage than I think the packers have a new SS :)

MJZiggy
08-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Am I the only one who liked the flying monkeys???

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2007, 09:33 PM

I did to. :lol:

Jimx29
08-20-2007, 10:37 PM
good gawd is the some horrible ass music :roll:

PackerTimer
08-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Wow. Thanks for the link. Bigby's blitzes were fantastic. That kind of athleticism is exciting. One thing I noticed was how quickly he was back on his feet to try and recover the fumble. Damn, I hope he can make plays like that when the games start to matter.

Partial
08-21-2007, 12:32 PM
I love how Kampman is up in the QBs face after the sack with Jenkins.

When drafted, I knew (not thought) that Blackmon would be a kickass return man. He was so evasive in college. Glad to see he is showing power and quickness now!

Jesus christ, Wells and Colledge move better than old center and Mike Wahle x2. They are fast and look very comfy in space on that screen.

JJ may not have the speed to go deep, but he sure looked fast outrunning Marcus Trufant for that touchdown.

KGB looks extremely fast on 3rd down this year.

Bigby kind of reminds me of Palumalu. Maybe it's just the hair or the lack of regard for his body. I like it.

One thing that isn't mentioned is how often Jolly was in on the big play in most of those. He is either getting great push or is dominating his blocker opening something up for a linebacker to make a play.

mission
08-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Bigby kind of reminds me of Palumalu. Maybe it's just the hair or the lack of regard for his body. I like it.

that's the first thing i said after seeing the second sack... kid just reminds me of him. even without the hair ... hopefully he can keep playing like a badass without biting too hard on anything.

mission
08-21-2007, 01:21 PM

probably........... :?: :roll:

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah, the flying monkey thing could be misinterpreted as racist; not that it was intended as such

Yeah, that was a nice highlight reel for those of us who didn't see the game. It's so encouraging to see the offense have some highlights to gain some confidence. If this defense can dictate, wow, it will give our offense so many more chances.

It must have been a fun night to be there. Yeah, the celebration stuff with Bush, whatever. Some people probably shudder at the Lambeau leap thinking it tacky and not fun. Who cares what these guys do as long as they don't show up the other team, they can do whatever they want. If they bust their ass and make a play and wanna dance, go for it. It may not be what I'd choose to do if I were that good, but everyone's different.

MJZiggy
08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah, the flying monkey thing could be misinterpreted as racist; not that it was intended as such

Huh. I never even remotely thought of it that way. I just saw it as a kinda funny Animal Planet moment cause the posture of the flying defender was so similar to the flying animal...I used to know a cat that took that posture too. I coulda sent that one in and got a hundred bucks and a t-shirt...

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm not saying would be, I was saying could be since monkey is a pejorative that some have used for blacks.

Was it intended? Probably not.