PDA

View Full Version : DEPTH CHART UPDATED w/ a surprise! 8/20/07

gbpackfan
08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

Corey Williams is now a 2nd team DE! WOW! He is 3rd team DT!

Will Blackmon is 1st team PR and KR. No surprise there though.

Junius Coston is the 2nd team RT. I thought Moll was holding that spot down? Now he is listed as 3rd team RT.

If you guys notice anymore changes, please post them.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Coston beating Moll? Please tell me thats a mistake.

Merlin
08-20-2007, 05:42 PM
How is Rayner still #1? I thought everyone said he is going to be out? If that is true, why isn't Crosby #1? Better yet, they list Justin Harrell as a #1 and he hasn't beaten out anyone at DT yet?!?!?!?!

I swear, you just can't trust the posters on here...

Brohm
08-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Depth chart is a crap shoot until season starts. Moll could have dropped ass by the coach and got demoted on "the chart." :shock:

RashanGary
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
They did put him in at top backup DE. EDIT: haha, I just noticed you mentioned that. Maybe they like Muir and they are finding a way to keep him and Williams at the same time. I don't know. I know, I was almost more impressed with Williams at DE than I ever was with him at DT but it was preseason.

Harrell has a long career ahead of him. I would rather see more Williams and less Harrell if I had the decision in front of me. I do like the idea of keeping them all becuase Cole might draw some trade interest and he's a piece I would be willing to part with for a 6th, 7th or TE.

Jenkins, Kampman, KGB, Williams, Hunter at DE
Pickett, Jolly, Harrell, Cole, Muir

Our 10 DL might look something like that.

gbpackfan
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Harrell,

I just wanted to comment on your signature. You know, the quote from Rastak. That piece of shit shouldn't have ears! They should be cut off as part of his plea agreement. Let's see how much he likes it!!!

sepporepi
08-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Hmm, if they really mean this, they have to cut Moll.
Would surprise me, since they were so High on all 3 of last years rookies in the line.

I do not understand the DL Rankings. Maybe they just try to increase the trade value of cole or jolly. Or they try to lowball Williams with an offer for a backup/ 3rd on depthchart. But he is no idiot.
If he plays most of the snaps he will command starter money.
I hope he doesn't feel disrespected and pulls a Walker after the season.
My bet still is they extend him sometime in the season if he plays well.

Don't know why Harrell is still first team, the others have clearly shown more.
Maybe they just want to push them. But in my opionen they better push him instead of some solid contributers.

Brohm
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I remember Williams playing some DE for us in the past (albeit limited). If I remember right he was a DE/DT coming out of college.

Williams is more "athletic" then Harrell but Harrell is more powerful. Kinda makes sense for him to be in on the run downs and Williams coming in on passing downs. Maybe in time Harrell will be a 4 down tackle but it did take Jenkins/Williams till their third/fourth year to get where they are.

I think Jolly has Pickett's back-up position locked down and could push him if he doesn't get into game shape quick. Cole would be the odd man out/trade bait. Maybe keep Muir instead as a game-day inactive/development kind of guy.

Packnut
08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
They did put him in at top backup DE. EDIT: haha, I just noticed you mentioned that. Maybe they like Muir and they are finding a way to keep him and Williams at the same time. I don't know. I know, I was almost more impressed with Williams at DE than I ever was with him at DT but it was preseason.

Harrell has a long career ahead of him. I would rather see more Williams and less Harrell if I had the decision in front of me. I do like the idea of keeping them all becuase Cole might draw some trade interest and he's a piece I would be willing to part with for a 6th, 7th or TE.

Jenkins, Kampman, KGB, Williams, Hunter at DE
Pickett, Jolly, Harrell, Cole, Muir

Our 10 DL might look something like that.

Hav'nt you learned your lesson yet? You spent the entire off-season here telling us how great Morency and Jennings were. Now you have Harrell with a "long career" ahead of him. It would be nice if just ONE player out of all the ones you "crow" about could just have one tiny little FULL season of actual consistent PRODUCTION BEFORE you annoint them future pro bowlers........

Deputy Nutz
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Williams was drafted as a defensive end. He played there for his rookie year and some of his second year. Williams gives a nice push of the edge, and with the injury to Montgomery it is a way to keep or best defensive linemen regardless of position.

RashanGary
08-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I like the idea of playing Williams at DE. Jenkins, Kamp, KGB and Williams make up one of the better, deeper DE rotations in the league. PIckett, Jolly, Harrell, Cole and Muir make up one of the deeper DT rotations as well. I wouldn't be surpised if our DL is considered the best in the league by years end. We also have the LB's to take advantage of the good DL and some damn good corners who can benefit. I think our defense can be right up there with the Bears this year.

HarveyWallbangers
08-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Junius Coston is the 2nd team RT. I thought Moll was holding that spot down? Now he is listed as 3rd team RT.

I think Moll has been injured for awhile now. Probably has more to do with that. Has he even played in the first two preseason games?