PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks.net reporter takes SHOT at Mike McCarthy

gbpackfan
08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
The following was taken from a seahawks.net Article written by Doug Farrar.

http://seahawks.scout.com/2/669898.html

9. Mike McCarthy - Not only did Green Bay's coach pick up some heavy Steve Spurrier Bad Karma Points for calling pass plays repeatedly at the end of this blowout, but he won the Mike Martz Tinfoil Hat Award for challenging an A.J. Harris fumble on a running play with four minutes remaining in the game.

__________________________________________________ ________________

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS?! Doesn't he realize that MM was giving Thompson a chance to win the 3rd QB job? Thompson isn't going to earn the job by handing the ball off time and time again. Not only that but we are very, very thin at RB and MM wasn't going to run the ball every play and get another one hurt. IT'S PREASON FARRAR, you big dummy! How are coaches suppose to know who can play and who can't if you just hand the ball off? I could do that.

As for challenging the play, GOOD! Maybe if Holmgren's team had taken the game more seriously then they wouldn't have gotten SPANKED!

Brohm
08-20-2007, 05:52 PM
No doubt. If they could have hung onto the ball maybe the score wouldn't have been so high. Concept! Hell our defense scored 14 almost 21 points. We even had 5 turnovers ourselves, 2 in the endzone :oops:

Pack_Attack88
08-20-2007, 06:10 PM
all they do is whine in Seattle...

retailguy
08-20-2007, 06:11 PM

You forgot about the drinking coffee part.

Badgerinmaine
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
ESPN reported today the Broncos had a similar beef with Dallas off their preseason game. It's not like me to stick up for the Cowboys, but look--you've got a massive roster in early preseason, and you need to know who can compete for a job and who can't. If you've got your first team offense in there late, that's one thing, but I don't think the Packers need to apologize for anything.

Freak Out
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Where the hell do they get these schmucks? Moon was spouting the same BS during the game. They play the games to evaluate talent dipshits...not please writers and announcers.

rpiotr01
08-20-2007, 07:09 PM
If it was regular season I'd agree completely, but in each preseason game there are really 3 or four games going on. There's the starter v. starter game, the combined 1s and 2s facing off game, then there is the back-up game on a few levels. Teams are trying to cut down their rosters and see who can play. As it's been said here, it does no good whatsoever to judge a marginal QB on how well he hands the ball off. You need to see him in tackling game situations. That's what preseason is for.

If anything he should be happy, Seattle won that final game between backups. :wink:

fan4life
08-20-2007, 08:55 PM
A reporter covering one of the national games this weekend (Michele Tafoye (sp?)?) said, "To some guys its a just preseason game, an opportunity to iron out the wrinkles. But say that to one of the these players fighting for a roster spot and you'll know its no game to him.."

Obviously, the Seattle reporters missed that point.

Fred's Slacks
08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
A reporter covering one of the national games this weekend (Michele Tafoye (sp?)?) said, "To some guys its a just preseason game, an opportunity to iron out the wrinkles. But say that to one of the these players fighting for a roster spot and you'll know its no game to him.."

Obviously, the Seattle reporters missed that point.

I think it's obvious this reporter doesn't know anything about preseason football.

MadtownPacker
08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
If anything he should be happy, Seattle won that final game between backups. :wink:Thats what Im saying! Why not call out the seattle backups & scrubs for not playing harder?

Shit, most of us are mad it wasn't over 50 points. :lol:

Packers4Ever
08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Soreheads, is what they were because the scoreboard didn't look too good

to them. MM was doing what any other HC around the leagues would be

doing, inluding Mike Holmgren. How stoopid !! :x

FritzDontBlitz
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
we have a team full of young players fighting for starting roles. apparently reporterdude would prefer a swimsuit competition to actual scrimmaging?

here's a novel concept: m3 challenged the harris play because he wanted to practice replay challenges in actual game situations. he is kinda new, you know.

i loved every minute of the game. 8-)

Cheesehead Craig
08-20-2007, 10:32 PM
apparently reporterdude would prefer a swimsuit competition to actual scrimmaging?

And this is a bad desire why...? :lol:

BF4MVP
08-21-2007, 12:07 AM
What a dumbass...The next time I'm over at seahawks.net (never) I'll be sure not to check out any of this loser's articles..

He must not understand the concept of a "position battle"

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 12:27 AM
apparently reporterdude would prefer a swimsuit competition to actual scrimmaging?

'cause all the players are dudes? :idea:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :huh: :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 12:27 AM

:lol: OK, you have him there ...

FritzDontBlitz
08-21-2007, 01:47 AM

LOL

cc normally i'd go for the swimsuit comp too, but i aint anxious to see justin harrell in a two piece :shock:

MJZiggy
08-21-2007, 03:31 AM

LOL

cc normally i'd go for the swimsuit comp too, but i aint anxious to see justin harrell in a two piece :shock:

Not to mention Pickett... :no:

Him8123
08-21-2007, 05:24 AM
it`s funny how seattle fans keep saying it`s just the preseason. But boy they sure make up alot of excuses like it really does matter. That reporter is an idiot you gotta see what everyone can do at every position, so in order to do so you have to push the ball. Can`t help their defense stinks. And it`s not just the preseason, tell that to the guys fighting for jobs who blew body parts out this weekend and their year and possibley career is over in the NFL. that sucks

Kiwon
08-21-2007, 05:42 AM
"Pittsburgh macho" McCarthy doesn't care.

It's the preseason. The more calls, the more plays, the better. You want to look at as many players as possible.

Starbucksland, stop the whine already and lower the cost of your overpriced coffee.

The Leaper
08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
I could agree with this if it was the FOURTH preseason game...not the second. Most people who announce preseason games are complete schmucks.

Cheesehead Craig
08-21-2007, 10:09 AM

'cause all the players are dudes? :idea:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :huh: :mrgreen:
I was going for the cheerleaders in swimsuits, but whatever floats your boat. :lol:

Merlin
08-21-2007, 10:33 PM
It isn't like teams don't know what the other team is doing as far as personnel before the game. Seattle just didn't play well. And you are right, all they do is whine in Seattle.

oregonpackfan
08-21-2007, 11:32 PM

:lol: OK, you have him there ...

They also throw fish in Seattle. If you go down to their famous fish market on the harbor, the workers toss fish to each other and prospective buyers. They do it in a very jovial atmosphere and have gotten national recognition for their antics. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I love visiting Seattle. Weird sports town. The Seahawks aren't the favorite team in town. At least, not back 7-12 years ago when I visited the area a lot. Probably because they sucked for so long. In fact, I think the Mariners, Sonics, and UW football were all more popular. College football was big up there.

Cheesehead Craig
08-22-2007, 07:43 AM
They also throw fish in Seattle. If you go down to their famous fish market on the harbor, the workers toss fish to each other and prospective buyers. They do it in a very jovial atmosphere and have gotten national recognition for their antics. :lol:
I was there last summer and did some whitewater rafting on the Wenachtee River. There wasn't much going on the day we went to the fish market, but just the sheer amount of seafood is spectacular!