PDA

View Full Version : Fergie, your favorite guy signs with Vikings (Yikes!)

Rastak
08-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, I'm trying to find a bright side. Maybe McMullen goes. Maybe he brings his photo copied playbook with him.

As long as he stays on the bench I'm ok with the move....LOL....

From Viking update:

The agent for former Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson confirms in published reports that his client has decided to sign with the Vikings and hopes to be on the practice field as early as today.

Despite a trip to visit his hometown Houston Texans, it appears that former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson will sign with the Vikings.

“Barring any snags with the contract, Robert will sign with Minnesota,” said Brian Overstreet, Ferguson's agent, in an interview with FOX 26 Sports in Houston.

Ferguson had said money would not be the issue. He said his decision would be based on opportunity. And his familiarity with the team’s West Coast Offense, the division and the Vikings’ perceived need at the position created the best opportunity.

“He just felt his best opportunity to get on the field immediately is better in Minnesota,” Overstreet said. “We are getting ready to get on a plane and try to get a deal done in Minnesota in time so Robert can practice today with the Vikings.”

Ferguson was released by the Green Bay Packers Friday after spending his

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
No Texans? That’s a surprise. O well I guess he has to do nothing for the Vikings instead.

Joemailman
08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
So Brad Childress, who coached Chris Chambers at Wisconsin, now gets to coach Fergy in Minnesota. There is a delicious irony in there somewhere.

hoosier
08-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Ex-Packer Ferguson works out with Vikings
By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
Last update: August 20, 2007 – 12:36 AM
"I was surprised" they released him, said Vikings safety Darren Sharper, another former Packer. "I know when healthy Ferg is a top-three receiver for any team. ... I would love to have him as a teammate."

If Ferguson signed, he would have a good chance to make a quick climb up a depth chart that features Wade and Troy Williamson at the top. The fact Ferguson already played in the West Coast offense makes him all the more attractive.

"He has the same feeling I did [after leaving Green Bay]," Sharper said. "You want to play those guys twice a year."

The revenge of Fergie :lol:

RashanGary
08-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I hope he plays against us. He is a drive killer.

superfan
08-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Sad when a marginal free agent chooses your team over the Texans because of a better opportunity for playing time.

If he's healthy, he could be one of the better receiving options for the Vikings this year.

Who are the Vikings returners? Will he have a shot as a punt or kick returner?

Rastak
08-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Sad when a marginal free agent chooses your team over the Texans because of a better opportunity for playing time.

If he's healthy, he could be one of the better receiving options for the Vikings this year.

Mewelde Moore is returning punts. Honestly, if he replaces McMullen I guess I'm okay with it. If he takes reps away from Sideny Rice it's a dumb move.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
He should have signed with the texans but I had a feeling he would go purple. I dont think he has anything left. Darius left him spooked about getting clobbered again. Before that he would take hits. Unlike sharper I dont hate him but when he is on the field playing on offense at Lambeau I will.

Partial
08-21-2007, 12:36 PM

Mewelde Moore is returning punts. Honestly, if he replaces McMullen I guess I'm okay with it. If he takes reps away from Sideny Rice it's a dumb move.

How is mr. Rice looking so far? I figured since he's so young he is a year away in terms of physique.

pittstang5
08-21-2007, 12:39 PM
He should have signed with the texans but I had a feeling he would go purple. I dont think he has anything left. Darius left him spooked about getting clobbered again. Before that he would take hits. Unlike sharper I dont hate him but when he is on the field playing on offense at Lambeau I will.

Yeah, now he's gotta worry about Collins laying the wood on his ass twice a year. I still remember that hit Collins put on Ocho-Cinco two years ago. NICE!

Rastak
08-21-2007, 12:39 PM
[quote=superfan]Sad when a marginal free agent chooses your team over the Texans because of a better opportunity for playing time.

Nothing spectacular so far. He made a couple catches with guys draped all over him so that's encouraging. I think he'll have some impact this year
inside the 20's. Maybe not big numbers but he's a guy who can jump and catch and has great body control so he should be a perfect redzone target. Can Jackson get him the ball?

I'm really curious what Ferguson's role is going to be. I know the Vikings are really young but I'd prefer to develop these guys.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
He's the Vikings Marc Boerigter.

mngolf19
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM

I figured since he's so young he is a year away in terms of physique.

About like any rookie WR would look. He's looked ok in the small amount of opportunties he's had to show but you can't make much of a judgement on him.

Now bringing in Fergie, is a no brainer for a team that was devoid of WR last year. You make every effort to improve 1-6 at that position. And like Rastak said, his replacing McMullen can only be considered a step up.
How is mr. Rice looking so far?

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2007, 01:21 PM
With Fergy going to Minnesota, I hope the fans have a taste for alligator (as in alligator arms).

Rastak
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
He's the Vikings Marc Boerigter.

More than likely.....

So he's been sucking on special teams in Green Bay?

TennesseePackerBacker
08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't see how the Vikings can possibly win more than 6 games this year.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 02:14 PM

Well, that's a great set of arguments you bring forth. Not sure how to respond...LOL.....

The Leaper
08-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, I'm trying to find a bright side. Maybe McMullen goes. Maybe he brings his photo copied playbook with him.

Considering how Ferguson ran routes, his playbook likely isn't very accurate...especially as he remembers it. :D

cheesner
08-21-2007, 02:30 PM

Mewelde Moore is returning punts. Honestly, if he replaces McMullen I guess I'm okay with it. If he takes reps away from Sideny Rice it's a dumb move.He will be on the roster long enough for the coaching staff to get every last bit of Packer inside info.

Nothing spectacular so far. He made a couple catches with guys draped all over him so that's encouraging. I think he'll have some impact this year
inside the 20's. Maybe not big numbers but he's a guy who can jump and catch and has great body control so he should be a perfect redzone target. Can Jackson get him the ball?

I'm really curious what Ferguson's role is going to be. I know the Vikings are really young but I'd prefer to develop these guys.
He will be on the team long enough for the coaching staff to get every last bit of Packer inside info.

cheesner
08-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Adrian Peterson stays healthy

The Leaper
08-21-2007, 02:35 PM
He will be on the team long enough for the coaching staff to get every last bit of Packer inside info.

Keep dreaming.

The Packers more or less knew he was a goner several weeks ago. I'm sure they phased him out of the "need-to-know" category for any critical information on the upcoming season.

Especially since they knew Minnesota was going to be a likely contender for his services.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Keep dreaming.

The Packers more or less knew he was a goner several weeks ago. I'm sure they phased him out of the "need-to-know" category for any critical information on the upcoming season.

Especially since they knew Minnesota was going to be a likely contender for his services.

Are you suggesting he was running off a fake playbook?

LOL....I guess.....

Zool
08-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Keep dreaming.

LOL....I guess.....
Naw they just told him what routes to run in the huggle.

"X-falcon, Hugo on 2 on 2...Ferg you run a fly."

Rastak
08-21-2007, 03:05 PM

Keep dreaming.

LOL....I guess.....
Naw they just told him what routes to run in the huggle.

"X-falcon, Hugo on 2 on 2...Ferg you run a fly."

Could be!

That's funny......

packers11
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Whats the big deal about this...
The guy is a bum, he COULD NOT CATCH...
The Vikings will cut him once he gets injured in game 2...

Even non packer fans are aware how bad this guy is... I watch most packer games with my friends and since I live out of state they don't know much about the packers, but they also have been asking for this guy to be cut for about 2 years...

National Media ... "The terms of the deal are unknown. The Vikings have apparently promised Ferguson playing time, which could push Sidney Rice out of the third receiver spot until Ferguson gets injured."

Fergy's career ended as a packer when he got knocked out by Darius and was NEVER THE SAME...

Anyone recall the Carolina game back in 05 (MNF) when he basically gave the ball to Lucas...

Good luck to the Vikings if they are waiting for a "BREAK OUT SEASON"...

THANK THE LORD HE IS GONE... :bump: I WILL NEVER HAVE TO WATCH THIS GUY BE AT FAULT FOR ANOTHER INT OR DROPPED PASS...

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 03:35 PM
The news just keeps getting better for Bretsky.
:D

MJZiggy
08-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Does the act of cutting Ferguson improve the team to the point that Bretsky can lose his sig??? :P

TennesseePackerBacker
08-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Well, that's a great set of arguments you bring forth. Not sure how to respond...LOL.....

Well for one, I wasn't presenting an arguement, I was stating my opinion. Since you've asked, I don't think they'll win more than 6 games because of:

A. They have a 2nd year QB who only started the back-half of their schedule.
B. Their recieving corps. is a mess
C. Their schedule is relatively tough

Sure you have a great defense(not so much against the pass), and a nice foundation on OL. However, i'm sure defensive co-ordinators lick their chops with anticpation when they see the Vikes on the schedule this year. Stack 8 in the box, pressure Jackson in to bad decisions, focus on their ground game.

Now why do you think they WILL win more than 6 games this year?

Rastak
08-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Well for one, I wasn't presenting an arguement, I was stating my opinion. Since you've asked, I don't think they'll win more than 6 games because of:

A. They have a 2nd year QB who only started the back-half of their schedule.
B. Their recieving corps. is a mess
C. Their schedule is relatively tough

Sure you have a great defense(not so much against the pass), and a nice foundation on OL. However, i'm sure defensive co-ordinators lick their chops with anticpation when they see the Vikes on the schedule this year. Stack 8 in the box, pressure Jackson in to bad decisions, focus on their ground game.

Now why do you think they WILL win more than 6 games this year?

Oh, I never said they would! Actually, I wouldn't be shocked if they won six games. The last time the Vikings started a second year player with 0 starts they went to the NFC title game actually. Jackson has 2 career starts, which is better than 0. They have a young bunch of recievers that show promise, just like Green Bay. At this point Green Bay's have show more but we'll see how it goes. Their pass defense is going to be greatly improved from what I've seen thus far. Maybe it won't translate into the regular season but They ARE getting good pressure and they don't have Smoot and Whitiker back there. Smoot was average but Whitaker was the worst. I suspect McCauley will be an improvement. AND Devonte Edwards is back from a broken arm last year.

There are reasons for hope just like reasons why they may fail. To me 9-7 is best case and 6-10 is worst from what I've seen.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
They have a young bunch of recievers that show promise, just like Green Bay.

I agree with the sentiment of most of your post, but I don't agree with this because you make it sound like their WR corps is similar to Green Bay. I don't think it's that close. I don't consider Wade and Ferguson young guys that show promise. We know they would be below average starters in the NFL. I don't think they are much better than the Packers #4 and #5 receivers--Martin and Holiday. Williamson hasn't really shown me promise. Could he be good? Sure, but from my own perspective, I think Jennings has a much better chance to be a good receiver in the league. Driver is without question much better than anybody on the Vikings roster. Blowout, so far. That leaves Rice, Jones, and Allison. Allison got some training camp publicity, but hasn't done anything in preseason. My Vikings friend has soured on him a lot, and thinks the hype was just homerism. I trust him on that. If you want to call Rice vs. Jones a wash, that's fine. Jones has flashed more so far, but real games haven't been played, so I won't get too hyped on Jones yet.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM

I agree with the sentiment of most of your post, but I don't agree with this because you make it sound like their WR corps is similar to Green Bay. I don't think it's that close. I don't consider Wade and Ferguson young guys that show promise. We know they would be below average starters in the NFL. I don't think they are much better than the Packers #4 and #5 receivers--Martin and Holiday. Williamson hasn't really shown me promise. Could he be good? Sure, but from my own perspective, I think Jennings has a much better chance to be a good receiver in the league. Driver is without question much better than anybody on the Vikings roster. Blowout, so far. That leaves Rice, Jones, and Allison. Allison got some training camp publicity, but hasn't done anything in preseason. My Vikings friend has soured on him a lot, and thinks the hype was just homerism. I trust him on that. If you want to call Rice vs. Jones a wash, that's fine. Jones has flashed more so far, but real games haven't been played, so I won't get too hyped on Jones yet.

Leave Ferguson out of it Harvey! I stated Green Bay's has shown more. I agree with ya. Allison hurt his hammy, he hasn't played in the preseason. He's more of a project. I like Nance, I think he can be a 3 or 4 in this league. I really like Rice's long term potential and I think Wade IS a serviceable guy. Williamson is quickly heading to bustville. If he can't catch the long ball I call him a bust. Minnesota has nothing to compare to Driver right now.

That's my take. I like Rice, Allison and Nance. Williamson is a question mark and Wade should be an ok #2. I'd prefer Jennings over Wade but I don't think he's a stiff.

Now where the hell does Ferguson fit in!

packers11
08-21-2007, 05:26 PM

On the injury cart??? :wink:

packrulz
08-21-2007, 06:00 PM

Even non packer fans are aware how bad this guy is... I watch most packer games with my friends and since I live out of state they don't know much about the packers, but they also have been asking for this guy to be cut for about 2 years...

National Media ... "The terms of the deal are unknown. The Vikings have apparently promised Ferguson playing time, which could push Sidney Rice out of the third receiver spot until Ferguson gets injured."

Fergy's career ended as a packer when he got knocked out by Darius and was NEVER THE SAME...

Anyone recall the Carolina game back in 05 (MNF) when he basically gave the ball to Lucas...

THANK THE LORD HE IS GONE... :bump: I WILL NEVER HAVE TO WATCH THIS GUY BE AT FAULT FOR ANOTHER INT OR DROPPED PASS...

Could not catch my ass! Fergy had a lot of big third down catches and was also a great special teams player, people forget how good he was before his injuries. It took Driver a full year before he recovered from falling on his head during the viqueens game. You can giggle all you want about Fergy but I won't be suprised if he isn't starting for the viqueens in the first half of the season. I'm not a viqueens lover but I think they got a steal. The guy busted his ass and didn't bitch and performed pretty well before he got hurt, how soon we forget...

Zool
08-21-2007, 06:02 PM

Could not catch my ass! Fergy had a lot of big third down catches and was also a great special teams player, people forget how good he was before his injuries. It took Driver a full year before he recovered from falling on his head during the viqueens game. You can giggle all you want about Fergy but I won't be suprised if he isn't starting for the viqueens in the first half of the season. I'm not a viqueens lover but I think they got a steal. The guy busted his ass and didn't bitch and performed pretty well before he got hurt, how soon we forget...

Which time?

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM

I think he he's tough and he has decent hands, but he doesn't fight for the ball. Fergie and Bill Schroeder are the two guys, more than anybody, that Favre couldn't trust to go up and get the ball. The first couple of times TJack throws an interception because Fergie didn't fight for the ball, the honeymoon will be over. He was a good special teams player. That was a long time ago--before he started thinking he shouldn't be a special teams player. He was never as big and as athletic as some would like to think. Outside of his ball awareness or lack of going up and getting the ball, I think he came close to maxing out his potential, as I never saw him as some superstud that just couldn't match his potential. Personally, I think he had a chance to be a decent starter, but the injuries (and he's been injured a lot) sapped him of whatever chance he had at achieving that. Now, I don't see him being an upgrade over Bobby Wade (and I don't think that highly of Wade). I'd take Travis Taylor over him in a heartbeat.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 06:18 PM

On the injury cart??? :wink:

:)

falco
08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
According to PFT, "In Minnesota, he could soon be the go-to guy."

The PFT editor is Vikings fan, right?

Rastak
08-21-2007, 06:29 PM

'

He was kidding....

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Now Minnesota can cut the garbage can. But they better keep its contact info handy for when Fergie goes on I.R.

falco
08-21-2007, 06:33 PM

'

He was kidding....

Here's the full text:

FERGUSON TO VIKINGS

They say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. In the NFC North, the cliche´ couldn't be more accurate.

The Vikings and the Packers have a history of picking through each other's garbage, and the tradition apparently will continue when former Green Bay receiver Robert Ferguson signs with the purple rivals to the west.

Per Scout.com, citing a television report from Houston, Ferguson will pass on a potential opportunity to join the Texans, and will instead join the Vikings.

Though heading to Houston seemed to be a natural fit for Ferguson, the truth is that he would have become, at best, the No. 3 man on the depth chart there. In Minnesota, he could soon be the go-to guy.

Last year, the Vikings cut receiver Koren Robinson not long after an alcohol-fueled high-speed police chase back to the team's training camp. Enter the Packers, who signed Robinson before a one-year suspension was imposed on him.

Other former Packers in Minnesota include kicker Ryan Longwell and safety Darren Sharper.

----

I didn't see the humor, but maybe I am missing something.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 06:36 PM

'

He was kidding....

Here's the full text:

FERGUSON TO VIKINGS

They say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. In the NFC North, the cliche´ couldn't be more accurate.

The Vikings and the Packers have a history of picking through each other's garbage, and the tradition apparently will continue when former Green Bay receiver Robert Ferguson signs with the purple rivals to the west.

Per Scout.com, citing a television report from Houston, Ferguson will pass on a potential opportunity to join the Texans, and will instead join the Vikings.

Though heading to Houston seemed to be a natural fit for Ferguson, the truth is that he would have become, at best, the No. 3 man on the depth chart there. In Minnesota, he could soon be the go-to guy.

Last year, the Vikings cut receiver Koren Robinson not long after an alcohol-fueled high-speed police chase back to the team's training camp. Enter the Packers, who signed Robinson before a one-year suspension was imposed on him.

Other former Packers in Minnesota include kicker Ryan Longwell and safety Darren Sharper.

----

I didn't see the humor, but maybe I am missing something.

Florio has a dry sense of humor.

falco
08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll take your word at it Rastak. I just wasn't sure how bad your receivers are!

(as a side note, I think Ferguson can still be a serviceable receiver. I think he didn't meet everyone's expectations, and could be decent with a fresh start).

hurleyfan
08-21-2007, 06:47 PM
You know, it's really too bad how this whole Fergie thing worked out... First he got the "Chambers is better than me" thing (turns out to be true IMO), and then he can't stay healthy!

He did give his heart and soul to the Pack, but once he got whacked by Darius, he couldn't overcome his actual receiver short-commings, and is prolly relegated to special teams on the next team that takes a chance on him..

Good luck to Fergie... almost wish "we never knew you"

Rastak
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll be honest, he scared me at first as a Viking fan. I kept thinking he'd break out one year and he never did. If he hasn't to this point he never will. He might be better than Billy McMullen or he might not. If he starts for the Vikings I'm gonna burst into tears.

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I think we should pitch in and buy Ras an authentic Ferguson purple jersey.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 07:17 PM

You ain't very nice are ya.....

:wink:

Here's a nice story......

Ferguson speaks
Wide receiver Robert Ferguson went through his first practice with the Vikings and said afterward that he thought the team was a perfect fit for him.

The fact that he will get to play two games a year against his former Green Bay club is an added bonus.

"That's definitely the icing on the cake," Ferguson said. "The cake was just coming here and being around the guys, communicating well with the coaches and being on the same page with them. The icing was definitely getting to play (the Packers) twice a year. I look forward to that."

Released last week by the Packers, Ferguson signed a one-year contract with the Vikings after visiting Winter Park on Sunday and could have an immediate impact as the third receiver behind starters Bobby Wade and Troy Williamson.

Ferguson, who visited his hometown Houston Texans on Monday, said he doesn't know what his role is and hasn't been promised anything but definitely will play in Saturday night's exhibition game at Seattle.

The former second-round draft choice has been dogged by injuries throughout his six-year NFL career, including a sprained foot that cost him 12 games last season, and was asked if the foot is 100 percent.

"No, it's not 100 percent," he said. "It's actually 110 percent. It's not an issue at all and I'm looking forward to testing it Saturday."

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
The Vikes are so screwed if he's the go-to guy. But with Bobby Wade and Troy Williamson starting, and a second year QB, they may be screwed anyway. Can you say 9 men in the box?

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 07:23 PM
The former second-round draft choice has been dogged by injuries throughout his six-year NFL career, including a sprained foot that cost him 12 games last season, and was asked if the foot is 100 percent.

"No, it's not 100 percent," he said. "It's actually 110 percent. It's not an issue at all and I'm looking forward to testing it Saturday."

He does have a bruise on his ass from where the door hit it. Apparently it wasn't enough to cause him to fail his physical.

And Ras, you know Fergie will be your new favorite player if* he has a good year after all and especially if he is the star of the game(s) against the Packers.

* Of course, we don't even have to discuss the likelihood of this "if". :lol:

Rastak
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
The Vikes are so screwed if he's the go-to guy. But with Bobby Wade and Troy Williamson starting, and a second year QB, they may be screwed anyway. Can you say 9 men in the box?

Yea, they will definately face that. One of two things might prevent that or at least mitigate that. Going downfield with some success which seems a bit far fetched from what I've seen or enough quick hits to speed guys like Wade and Williamson.

The ace in the hole is some screens to Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor to loosen things up.

edit: Unlikely Idle..... :(

Bretsky
08-21-2007, 08:09 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: QUEEN FRAUD

Rastak
08-21-2007, 08:11 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: QUEEN FRAUD

I wasn't looking forward to you seeing this...... :cry:

Bretsky
08-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Leave Ferguson out of it Harvey! I stated Green Bay's has shown more. I agree with ya. Allison hurt his hammy, he hasn't played in the preseason. He's more of a project. I like Nance, I think he can be a 3 or 4 in this league. I really like Rice's long term potential and I think Wade IS a serviceable guy. Williamson is quickly heading to bustville. If he can't catch the long ball I call him a bust. Minnesota has nothing to compare to Driver right now.

That's my take. I like Rice, Allison and Nance. Williamson is a question mark and Wade should be an ok #2. I'd prefer Jennings over Wade but I don't think he's a stiff.

Time to face the music Rastak; any team who signs Da Fraud is seriously up shit creek at WR and they must know it.

Williamson, Wade ? Would either start for GB ? Probably not. Maybe #3.
And now they pick up a hemorrhoid like underachiever his entire career. WTF could they be thinking; they've watched this chump for six years and I can only figure it's a move of panic.

Rastak
08-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh yea, well I'd say to that....

er, well yabut.....

In the case of that argument I'd just say......well, then there's.....

But you fail to consider......ummmmm......but then again one could argue....ummmmm

I gotta run.

Bretsky
08-21-2007, 08:18 PM

:glug: :bclap: :clap: :alc: :bump: :wave:

MJZiggy
08-21-2007, 08:20 PM
B, for the love of pete (or in your case, Patricia) could you please check your pms?

Rastak
08-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Now Bretsky, when did I ever do anything rotton to you? You'd send me a Ferguson jersey?

Now that's highly uncalled for.

Oh, if actually catches a few balls you guys will kick me out of here I think.
Unlikely as it is.....

Bretsky
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I must admit if da Fraud scored a TD to beat GB many many things will be broken in this house

Rastak
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I must admit if da Fraud scored a TD to beat GB many many things will be broken in this house

Very low chance of that, although it does exist.

Bretsky
08-21-2007, 08:23 PM
B, for the love of pete (or in your case, Patricia) could you please check your pms?

Who is Patricia ? Is that another one of my nanny/short skirted imaginary maids ? I swear I had this pc thingy set up so those were spose to pop up automatically :lol:

MJZiggy
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Is that another one of my nanny/short skirted imaginary maids ?

Yes.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Unlikely as it is.....You know the best part of all this is that all offseason we talked about trading for punkass moss and you gave us hella shit for wanting a viking outcast yet in the end, you are the one that ended up with a Packers' reject!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bretsky
08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Now Bretsky, when did I ever do anything rotton to you? You'd send me a Ferguson jersey?

Now that's highly uncalled for.

Unlikely as it is.....

Just thought of the perfect solution

A fellow poster (BF4MVP) has a GB jersey of the Fraud; before I thought we were going to roast it in a bonfire but now we'd like to give it to you for your new fulltime Packer jersey. We're confident you will cherish the Fraud just as much as you cherish the Packers.

Cheers,
B

esoxx
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
What is the deal with the Vikings man-love for GB castoffs?

You know, if they play their cards right they just might be able to snag Marquand Manuel off the waiver wire pretty soon. :roll:

BF4MVP
08-21-2007, 11:24 PM
I was plannin on rootin for him on his new team...Can't anymore..

It kind of sucks..Just like when Calvin Johnson was my absolute favorite player in college, and now I've got to hope he does badly because he's a Lion..

Time to invest in the authentic #12 jersey :shock:

Good luck Fergie

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Time to invest in the authentic #12 jersey

Please don't jinx us.
:)

Harlan Huckleby
08-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I was plannin on rootin for him on his new team...Can't anymore..

oh hell, go ahead. A few touchdown catches by Fergy are not going to make or break the Viking offense.

Guiness
08-22-2007, 05:15 AM

I SO like this idea. Put me in for $5. What are they, $100? I think we should be able to raise that much!

Rastak
08-22-2007, 06:05 AM

I SO like this idea. Put me in for $5. What are they, $100? I think we should be able to raise that much!

You buy it, I wear it to the Packerrats game...man would I get an endless amout of shit then.

cpk1994
08-22-2007, 06:23 AM
With Fergy going to Minnesota, I hope the fans have a taste for alligator (as in alligator arms).WIth the stone hands crew they already have, they have gotten more then their fill of alligator.

Zool
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Who's returning kicks for the Vikes right now. Moore is on punts correct?

Rastak
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM

yea, they are working in a bunch of guys....Troy Williamson being one. Chandler Williams, Andrea Allison and Martin Nance.

Zool
08-22-2007, 08:40 AM

yea, they are working in a bunch of guys....Troy Williamson being one. Chandler Williams, Andrea Allison and Martin Nance.

And now, Turd Ferguson? Maybe they will pull a Robinson with him and turn a wasted career into a pro-bowl return season.

Guiness
08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Troy Williamson returning punts? Ouch, wasn't he having trouble holding onto the ball? That'll be scary if he starts dropping a few.

Rastak
08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Troy Williamson returning punts? Ouch, wasn't he having trouble holding onto the ball? That'll be scary if he starts dropping a few.

Kickoffs.....no he holds on to the ball fine on those for some reason....LOL...actually he hasn't dropped any in the frist two games I don't think. He just seems to have trouble tracking the deep ball over his shoulder and that the one thing he NEEDS to do.

Bretsky
08-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Kickoffs.....no he holds on to the ball fine on those for some reason....LOL...actually he hasn't dropped any in the frist two games I don't think. He just seems to have trouble tracking the deep ball over his shoulder and that the one thing he NEEDS to do.

Maybe Ferguson can hold the ball for field goals and extra point. Nah, he'd never cut it there either :lol:

Iron Mike
08-22-2007, 09:53 PM
The former second-round draft choice has been dogged by injuries throughout his six-year NFL career, including a sprained foot that cost him 12 games last season

That sums the whole thing up for me right there.

Good riddance. :roll: