- Offensive Line

- James Jones

-17th year in NFL

- Team Chemistry

-Excited and happy to be "here"

Good interview... Check it out...

MTPackerfan
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
thanks for the link, I agree, good interview. No sugar coating anything from Brett.

GBRulz
08-21-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL @ "Guys come up and tell me they had my poster on their wall when they were in 3rd grade" and "some guys call me sir"

dayum that man just gets sexier as he gets older :hrt:

gbpackfan
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
I still have his poster my on my wall! :D

packinpatland
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
"some guys call me sir"

As well they should!!! :bow:

BooHoo
08-21-2007, 03:44 PM
The "Sir" thing is funny. He did mention that everyone else is gone from the Super Bowl Team. I enjoyed the interview.

Joemailman
08-21-2007, 04:02 PM
If Brett sticks around long enough, he may end up with a teammate wanting to date his daughter. That could be weird.

BooHoo
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Discussion in the huddle: Mr. Favre, can you please throw me the ball and also can I take you daughter out next Friday night? :D

packinpatland
08-21-2007, 05:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: 'Which' daughter???? :lol:

GBRulz
08-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Our current starting RB is only 3 years older than his daughter!

Noodle
08-21-2007, 05:52 PM

He ain't the only one, luv.

retailguy
08-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Said some important things too.

Asked about the running game and could the "back by committee" adequately replace Ahman Green.

Answered - "It's hard to replace a guy like Ahman, and we won't right away, so we'll just have to see..."

Said Jones reminds him of Sterling Sharpe and he has the best hands on the team. That's high praise.

Has big hopes for the OL, gosh I hope he's right.

but the biggest quote (which surprised me) was:

"I don't want people to jump the gun just yet, we played well on both sides of the ball and special teams, but, it is preseason...."

Truer words have not been spoken, and the fact that he said it surprises me, but I'm grateful for the honesty.

HarveyWallbangers
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Truer words have not been spoken, and the fact that he said it surprises me, but I'm grateful for the honesty.

Right. One should only get overly positive or negative in the offseason--when no games have been played yet.

Joemailman
08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I was intrigued by how highly he spoke of the OL. I think the Packers are good enough at the "skill" positions if the OL comes through. I'm not sure Brett is convinced of that yet though.

the_idle_threat
08-21-2007, 07:29 PM

He ain't the only one, luv.

:lol: Smooooth.

I'm not old enough to be sexy yet. At least, that's what I'm hoping ... :D

retailguy
08-21-2007, 07:55 PM
I was intrigued by how highly he spoke of the OL. I think the Packers are good enough at the "skill" positions if the OL comes through. I'm not sure Brett is convinced of that yet though.

Yeah, I took it that way too. But, I also thought, shouldn't he be the one TO know that at this point? His uncertainty concerned me a little bit, but also validated the huge number of unknowns on this team.

Not sure it's anything to be too concerned about, but, it surprised me.

retailguy
08-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Right. One should only get overly positive or negative in the offseason--when no games have been played yet.

Hope you feel better, Mr. Positive. We agreed about more than we disagreed about...

Joemailman
08-21-2007, 07:59 PM

Yeah, I took it that way too. But, I also thought, shouldn't he be the one TO know that at this point? His uncertainty concerned me a little bit, but also validated the huge number of unknowns on this team.

McCarthy said last week that he thinks Brett maybe worries too much. I think he's right, and it's just a matter of Brett gaining confidence in these guys.

BooHoo
08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
He does great interviews. Basic down to earth answers.

retailguy
08-21-2007, 08:05 PM

McCarthy said last week that he thinks Brett maybe worries too much. I think he's right, and it's just a matter of Brett gaining confidence in these guys.

we'll see. hope you're right, but I don't remember this hesitation from last year.

GrnBay007
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
McCarthy said last week that he thinks Brett maybe worries too much.

we'll see. hope you're right, but I don't remember this hesitation from last year.

All men worry more the older they get.

dayum that man just gets sexier as he gets older

OH YEAH!! :P

RashanGary
08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I know I have a reputation for being an incurable optimist lately, but I had a different take on his hesitation to "crown" anyone.

I thought he was trying to stay focused on improving even though they took big steps. It's easy to get fat and happy after a good day, and I thought Brett was battling that temptation by staying focused on improving instead of being content. As much as Brett plays the dumb hick at times, he has a certain wisdom (as it relates to winning) about him that I thought was shining through at that moment. He's not the "soon to be" all time winningest QB in NFL history by accident.

I'm acctually impressed with how focused the team is after that dominating performance. McCarthy speaks about handling success being his biggest challenge for the team. He/they seem to be approaching it so that this team takes one step after another instead of one step forward, half a step back, which happens when human nature isn't tempered.

cpk1994
08-22-2007, 09:09 AM
If Brett sticks around long enough, he may end up with a teammate wanting to date his daughter. That could be weird.
Considering Brittany is now starting college, I would say that time could be now!