PDA

View Full Version : MOCK 2006 PACKERS OFF-SEASON, 2nd Edition

gbpackfan
04-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Okay, here is my latest mock off-season. Let me know how we should tweek it. Hope you enjoy. Sorry about the depth chart, I know it isnt perfectly organized, the file doesnt transfer perfectly onto this format.

FREE AGENCY -

Make a hard push to sign:

CB - Charles Woodson
LB - Barrett Green
G - Tutan Reyes
DE - Lance Johnstone

Also look at:

WR - David Boston (Murphy retires, J-Walk traded)
C - Trey Teague (Vet. to push and teach young guys)

TRADES

Packers trade their 1st round (5) pick to Buffalo for their 1st (8), 3rd (70) and 5th (143) round picks. Buffalo would love Michael Huff or D’Brick!

Trade WR Javon Walker to Cleveland for C Jeff Faine and a 3rd (78) round draft choice and a conditional pick in ‘07.

2006 NFL DRAFT

Round 1 (8) - Vernon Davis, TE
Round 2 (36) - D’Qwell Jackson, LB (DeMeco Ryans)
Round 3 (67) - Brian Calhoun, RB (Maurice Drew, Jerious Norwood)
Round 3 (70) - Ray Edwards, DE
Round 3 (78) - Devin Hester, CB/WR/KR
Round 4 (104) - Mark Setterstrom, G (Kevin Boothe)
Round 5 (139) - Jonathon Orr, WR (Greg Jennings, Greg Lee, Todd Watkins)
Round 5 (143) - Kellen Clemens, QB (Ingle Martin)
Round 5 (165) - Jason Spitz, C (Ryan Cook)
Round 7 (253) - Steve Gostkowski, PK

*selections 165 and 253 are comp. picks.

DEPTH CHART (NOT an indication of starters. Just to show depth at position. Scott Wells very well maybe a starting G this season, it is just too hard to predict the starters at this point)

DEFENSE

A. Kampman R. Pickett C. Jenkins KGB
L. Johnstone C. Cole Peterson M. Montgomery
R. Edwards

D. Jackson N. Barnett B. Taylor
R. Thomas R. Manning B. Green
(Popps will be on the PUP list for the first 6 games)

C. Woodson A. Harris
A. Carroll (N) M. Hawkin (D)
D. Hester J. Horton

N. Collins M. Manuel
Underwood M. Roman

OFFENSE

C. Clifton T. Reyes J. Faine J. Coston M. Tausher
A. Klemm Settterstom S. Wells W. Whittaker K. Barry
C. White
J. Spitz

B. Favre
A. Rodgers
C. Clemens

A. Green
N. Davenport
S. Gado
B. Calhoun

W. Henderson
V. Leach

D. Driver
R. Gardner
R. Ferguson
M. Boerigter
J. Orr

B. Franks
V. Davis
D. Lee

SPECIAL TEAMS

K - Steve Gostkowski or Billy Cundiff
P - Jon Ryan
PR - Devin Hester
KR - Devin Hester and Brian Calhoun

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 12:17 AM
I like the part about trading Walker to Cleveland. :mrgreen:

gbpackfan
04-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Put him in the dog pound. :twisted:

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm not trying to take attention away from you gbpf, but as a meaningless contribution, heres part of my mock off season (which if you have already seen from jsonline, ingore):

draft/trades:

Rd Pick
1 7th (obtained from Oakland, along with Randy Moss, for Javon Walker, the 5th overall pick and a 4th round pick and a 2007 conditional pick): Michael Huff, S, Texas

2 36th Cedric Griffin, CB, Texas

3 67th Taitusi Lutui, OG, USC

5 TBD Owens Daniels, TE, Wisconsin

5 165th Marcus Vick, QB/WR/KR/PR, Virginia Tech

7 253rd John Chick, LB, Utah State

Additional FA signing:
Charles Woodson
LaVar Arrington
Joey Harrington

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Dammit Tank, I like that moss for Walker trade! Then get Hawk with that #7. But it will never happen.

"this Bret, Breettt Faaavvre, I gots to see this"
Moss on MNF

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Dammit Tank, I like that moss for Walker trade! Then get Hawk with that #7. But it will never happen.

Moss on MNF

AJ Hawk is nothing specail. The guy is just another Dat Nguyen or Andy Katzenmoyer.

MadtownPacker
04-01-2006, 01:37 AM
AJ Hawk is nothing specail. The guy is just another Dat Nguyen or Andy Katzenmoyer.

I can't wait for the replys tomorrow. :D

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 01:50 AM

I can't wait for the replys tomorrow. :D

I dont see thompson drafting Hawk. Even the Polar Bear, whom in theory is gay, will tell you that Hawk's girlfriend is a hotter prospect than Hawk (thanks to ABC, we all got to see how hot she was at the Sugar Bowl; typically, i will be jealous, but since im a liberal and a stoic, i envy no one!).

:razz:

Partial
04-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Why is everyone not 100% on Hawk's bandwagon?

3 time all-american
most intense dude around
his last name is hawk. that says it all right there.

packrulz
04-01-2006, 04:18 AM
TT played LB for the Oilers so you would think Hawk would be at the top of his list.

Bretsky
04-01-2006, 06:20 AM

Moss on MNF

Those are baseless and poor comparisons.

Hawk has more talent
Hawk is a better leader
Hawk has more instincts
Hawk is more intense
Hawk is more smash mouth

Comparing them from Ohio State is the only valid comparison you have; the rest is baseless

AJ HAWK AT #5 !!!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 06:37 AM

Moss on MNF

Those are baseless and poor comparisons.

Hawk has more talent
Hawk is a better leader
Hawk has more instincts
Hawk is more intense
Hawk is more smash mouth

Comparing them from Ohio State is the only valid comparison you have; the rest is baseless

AJ HAWK AT #5 !!!

Bretsky, I am confident Ive seen Anthony Davis ran past him without much effort. Also, from other OSU games Ive seen, Hawk showed no sign of consistency. The guy is a Katzonmeyor clone. If Thompsons going to draft a defensive player in the 1st rd, draft Michael Huff.

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 09:05 AM
As much as i really like hawk, how can u pass up the randy moss trade? :mrgreen:

gbpackfan
04-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Tank,

I would love to see Moss in green and gold. I just don't believe it will every happen.

As for AJ Hawk, Im starting to get the sense that the Packers will not take him at 5. It's Mario or trade down. We'll see.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Tank,

I would love to see Moss in green and gold. I just don't believe it will every happen.

You are probably right, but I still think anything can happen. We'll see....

Tony Oday
04-01-2006, 02:46 PM
1 7th (obtained from Oakland, along with Randy Moss, for Javon Walker, the 5th overall pick and a 4th round pick and a 2007 conditional pick): Michael Huff, S, Texas

So Randy for Walker, 5th pick and 4th next year? I dont think they will do that but what the heck maybe up the 4th to a third and get it done.

No reason for Huff because we have the d backs I would say Hawk who if you look at his game film made the plays without having big guys gobble up O linemen he would play off blocks.

I dont see Randy here at all but damn that would be cool seeing Favre gun the ball as hard as he can and Moss leaping for it. Also watching defenses double team Moss with a spy and watch Driver and Gardner destroy other teams while our backfield runs roughshod all over defenses.

That would be a dream, now ill wake up...

Deputy Nutz
04-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Will I actually respond? Not to this stupidity. Tank if you want to make jokes go to the Blue Room. This is not the place.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Will I actually respond? Not to this stupidity. Tank if you want to make jokes go to the Blue Room. This is not the place.

What the hell is the blue room, Nutz?

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Sorry, the Romper room.

beakerman
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Trade WR Javon Walker to Cleveland for C Jeff Faine and a 3rd (78) round draft choice and a conditional pick in ‘07.

That is one of the better Walker trade ideas i have seen, heck i'm on board for that!

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing something like that, but I think a Faine deal will get done long before the Walker situation is resolved.