PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville's defensive stats

RashanGary
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
2006 Regular Season

4th in points allowed
2nd in yards allowed

This is BY FAR the biggest test for our offense. If we move the ball on their starters, I think it can be taken as a good sign, preseason or not.

Bretsky
08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
2006 Regular Season

4th in points allowed
2nd in yards allowed

This is BY FAR the biggest test for our offense. If we move the ball on their starters, I think it can be taken as a good sign, preseason or not.

Sure it's a good measuring stick, but the Jags in all probability will not be throwing different looks at our OL as they would in the regular season. It's great to measure individual's progress and look at players in the preseason.
I'm just not sure I'd give it too much weight.

I will admit that first game at home versus Phily is a HUGE HUGE test and measuring stick for the season.

Phily is one of those scary middle tier NFC teams. Not really a legit threat in the NFC, but they could make some noise if everything falls into place. We have to beat teams like Phily at home if we want to step forward and be above average.

That game will be interesting; I can't wait.

BallHawk
08-22-2007, 09:39 PM
We could play well against the ancient Greek Gods and it wouldn't matter. It's preseason.

RashanGary
08-22-2007, 09:56 PM
haha, I'm I reaching for something that shows where we lie when, in fact, we won't know until Philly?

Maybe I am. I guess the regular season will have to do the talking.

:glug: Here's to whooping up on the Eagles THREE FREAKING WEEKS from now :(

I still think that how well our starters played is a good sign. We got demolished during the preseason when our starters were in for the last two years. This year we are playing really well. While we won't know anything for certain until we start rackign up real wins, I think it bodes well that we look well in the preseason as opposed to looking awfull like in years past.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I rate the eagles as one of the top three teams in the NFC, probably right behind the saints ans bears. If we beat them I like were we stand in the NFC. And with todays NFL you just never know.

BallHawk
08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
As Rastak said, we're always waiting for the next thing. The combine, the draft, mini-camp, training camp, pre-season.

And then it's wait till next year. And then repeat.

Good thing Ted Thompson plays to win now. :wink: :wink:

Bretsky
08-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I rate the eagles as one of the top three teams in the NFC, probably right behind the saints ans bears. If we beat them I like were we stand in the NFC. And with todays NFL you just never know.

I think that's too high; the Eagles are younger this year and McNabb is still coming back from an injury. I think the Bears and Saints stand alone as the top two. I think Seattle is a step above Phily. I think Dallas is more talented than Phily. I could see them making a playoff run. I think the Rams and 49ers could be sleepers. And then probably a few teams like Phily thereafter.

Phily to me is a potential playoff team; that's the most optomistic I'd get about them.

It will be a real good test

Bretsky
08-22-2007, 10:14 PM
As Rastak said, we're always waiting for the next thing. The combine, the draft, mini-camp, training camp, pre-season.

And then it's wait till next year. And then repeat.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Good thing Ted Thompson plays to win now. :wink: :wink:

Partial
08-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I actually think he is right in this one. Jacksonville doesn't run too many stunts. They just have two ridiculously good tackles.