PDA

View Full Version : Rogers traded to Atlanta, Favre's contract extended to 2020.

PackerBlues
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
:lol: Doubt that that title fooled anyone, lol. For the first time in a long time, I find myself looking forward to a preseason game. I hope our Defense looks as good against the Jaguars as it did against Seattle. Looking forward to seeing our young Offense again too. No more wasted throws in Fergusons direction, lol.......gotta love it. Also hope to see more from our tight ends.

Enjoy the game everyone, I know I will. :D :cow:

RashanGary
08-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Jacksonville has a legit top 5 defense. This is a MAJOR test for our offense. I hope the defense plays well, Bigby in particular, but the offense is my major focus.

I buy into the whole "as our Oline goes, so does our offense" theory. Favre is a pretty good QB. Driver, Jennings and Jones are pretty good WR's. Jackson can run if holes are open. Can we get pass protection? Can we open up holes in the run game? This is a tough Dline. If our Oline holds it's own and pass protects as well as run blocks well, I'll take another step toward beleiving in this offense.

PackerBlues
08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
If our Oline holds it's own and pass protects as well as run blocks well, I'll take another step toward beleiving in this offense.

Agreed, I can't believe I am saying this about a preseason game, but......I cannot wait to see it! :clap: :cow:

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds like we are going 1 quarter with our starters. Jacksonville is going 2-3 quarters with their starters. I have a feeling that our 2nd stringers will get toasted by Jacksonville's starters. That will be okay, some will be able to come on here and grouse. I'd like see some of those 2nd stringers hold their own.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2007, 10:06 AM
it seems like many of the packer second stringers are injured. This is a bad summer for injuries, except that there have been no key injuries.

MJZiggy
08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
It will be interesting to see what our 2nd string defense does against their offense. That will give us a great indication of our depth...

RashanGary
08-23-2007, 10:11 AM
it seems like many of the packer second stringers are injured. This is a bad summer for injuries, except that there have been no key injuries.

RB and TE got hit hard. The rest seems OK though. We lost a bunch of fringe players.

Chubbyhubby
08-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Will tonights game be telecast Nationally? I live in IL and all we get is Bear games (YUCK!) Although its a Thursday night game I am hoping it is and I'll be able to watch it. Don't have NFL Network yet. Wife won't let me get it yet. Maybe later in the year. I listen to the games on WTMJ Radio 620. Fortuntly we get a good signal all the way down here!

Spaulding
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Will tonights game be telecast Nationally? I live in IL and all we get is Bear games (YUCK!) Although its a Thursday night game I am hoping it is and I'll be able to watch it. Don't have NFL Network yet. Wife won't let me get it yet. Maybe later in the year. I listen to the games on WTMJ Radio 620. Fortuntly we get a good signal all the way down here!

It's supposed to be nationally televised and I checked Charter for my area and it's on so I'd expect/hope it's available in the land of FIBS :)

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
RB and TE got hit hard. The rest seems OK though. We lost a bunch of fringe players.

Well, I'm just talking about the depth, not the starters. But you got RB, TE, FB, plus 3 of 5 second string offensive lineman are out.

The 2nd-string offense is mostly scrubs. Well, OK, no crisis, most players will be back.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Sounds like we are going 1 quarter with our starters. Jacksonville is going 2-3 quarters with their starters. I have a feeling that our 2nd stringers will get toasted by Jacksonville's starters. That will be okay, some will be able to come on here and grouse. I'd like see some of those 2nd stringers hold their own.

Only 1 quarter with our starters? I thought that in the third pre-season game the starters play at least until half time.

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
From JSO:

First things first: The Jaguars intend to play most of their starters through the first three quarters of the game, but the Packers won't match them. Because of injuries at running back, fullback and offensive line, coach Mike McCarthy wants to limit the exposure of the starters and risk losing any more depth at those positions. What's more, he wants to put players who are on the fence - such as ends Larry Birdine and Jason Hunter, safety Charlie Peprah, linebacker Desmond Bishop and defensive tackle Daniel Muir - a chance to play against the Jaguars' No. 1 units.

Partial
08-23-2007, 10:39 AM

Where did you here that? Normally they play 3 quarters. I read in an article that they were playing an entire half. It'll be interesting to see if they can run against Jax.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks I didn't read that. I was looking forward to seeing our starters play a while, but once injuries were mentioned I changed my mind and remembered its only a pre-season game. :D

Partial
08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
My guess is they pull Favre, Driver, and Clifton from the first string offense after a quarter. Maybe Tauscher too.

They'll stick with some others through the half. They need to get Jackson 15-20 carries and get the ball to Jennings and Jones. In general, the young guys need reps.

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Can we see either Jennings do really well or Jones do really well? Can somebody please give Favre a little help, besides Driver?

MJZiggy
08-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Can we see either Jennings do really well or Jones do really well? Can somebody please give Favre a little help, besides Driver?

How 'bout if they both do well?? :P

Partial
08-23-2007, 02:26 PM

??? Jones has been the most helpful in preseason. Kind of a weird statement to make.

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 02:31 PM
??? Jones has been the most helpful in preseason. Kind of a weird statement to make.

I think his point might be that, outside of the one TD by Jones, he hasn't done it with the first team (aka with Favre).